Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/13/2019  3:43 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:We're meeting with Ja Morant tomorrow- I would feel so much better going into our full rebuild via the young guys with him at the PG spot, but I just don't see the Griz passing on him, unless Glen Grunwald does us a solid and hypes RJ due to his canadian bball connections (he's a Griz advisor resident and CEO of Canada Basketball)

However, this news did make me realise, we haven't really worked out/met with many players this year (outside of those projected to be second rounders)- from what I can remember we've only met:

RJ
Culver
Cam Reddish
and now Ja Morant

Am I missing anyone?

Leads me to believe we won't be trading down or adding any other first round picks

Yeah, you're missing the biggest name on the list, the "Tacko King" lol. I think we also worked the scrub brother of Tobias Harris. I think he might be worse than Chris Smith judging by his college stats.

Weird how few people we've worked out

Yeah, makes me think it really is AD, RJ or bust.

Has Deandre Hunter worked out for anyone? He’s been invisible the entire draft process- no interviews or anything. same with Garland, must have promises

Are teams, players supposed to announce all workouts and interviews?

No, but they usually leak or at least one team will publish their workout on Twitter. Initially it was thought Garland had a promise with the lakers, but I don’t see how if the lakers were always going to try and trade their pick for AD. Deandre Hunter left the combine earlier and it was speculated he had a promise

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/13/2019  4:45 PM
smackeddog wrote:We're meeting with Ja Morant tomorrow- I would feel so much better going into our full rebuild via the young guys with him at the PG spot, but I just don't see the Griz passing on him, unless Glen Grunwald does us a solid and hypes RJ due to his canadian bball connections (he's a Griz advisor resident and CEO of Canada Basketball)

However, this news did make me realise, we haven't really worked out/met with many players this year (outside of those projected to be second rounders)- from what I can remember we've only met:

RJ
Culver
Cam Reddish
and now Ja Morant

Am I missing anyone?

Leads me to believe we won't be trading down or adding any other first round picks

We have met with Tako Falls, right? I think there were other 2nd rounder names I dont remember now.

Knicks_Fan
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

6/14/2019  8:21 AM
Knicksfan wrote:

RJ
Culver
Cam Reddish
and now Ja Morant

Am I missing anyone?

We have met with Tako Falls, right? I think there were other 2nd rounder names I dont remember now.

we met with a bunch of guys all positions , from what ive read they really scouting
Dewan Hernandez
Justin Wright-Foreman
Terry Harris
James Thompson IV

those are the last four ill look for the rest

dacash

6/14/2019  8:26 AM
dacash wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

RJ
Culver
Cam Reddish
and now Ja Morant

Am I missing anyone?

we met with a bunch of guys all positions , from what ive read they really scouting
Dewan Hernandez
Justin Wright-Foreman
Terry Harris
James Thompson IV

Quindarry Weatherspoon( clarence's kid i think)
Aric Holman
dacash

6/14/2019  8:34 AM
dacash wrote:
dacash wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

RJ
Culver
Cam Reddish
and now Ja Morant

Am I missing anyone?

Dewan Hernandez
Justin Wright-Foreman
Terry Harris
James Thompson IV

Aric Holman

LaGerald Vick

dacash

6/14/2019  8:35 AM
dacash wrote:
dacash wrote:
dacash wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

RJ
Culver
Cam Reddish
and now Ja Morant

Am I missing anyone?

Dewan Hernandez
Justin Wright-Foreman
Terry Harris
James Thompson IV

Aric Holman

LaGerald Vick

aubrey dawkins

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/14/2019  10:46 AM
dacash wrote:
dacash wrote:
dacash wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

RJ
Culver
Cam Reddish
and now Ja Morant

Am I missing anyone?

Dewan Hernandez
Justin Wright-Foreman
Terry Harris
James Thompson IV

Aric Holman

LaGerald Vick

Vick would be nice. I think he's a bit underrated. 3-D upside like Dotson.

dacash

6/14/2019  12:21 PM
dacash wrote:
dacash wrote:
dacash wrote:
dacash wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

RJ
Culver
Cam Reddish
and now Ja Morant

Am I missing anyone?

Dewan Hernandez
Justin Wright-Foreman
Terry Harris
James Thompson IV

Aric Holman

LaGerald Vick

aubrey dawkins

Justin Simon
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/14/2019  2:16 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
I’d absolutely take a gamble on Bol Bol if we had a second first rounder

looks like Porzingis pro day

He's more skilled than KP at this point, but nowhere as fluid, mobile or active.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/14/2019  8:47 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
smackeddog
6/15/2019  3:19 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
I’d absolutely take a gamble on Bol Bol if we had a second first rounder

looks like Porzingis pro day

He's more skilled than KP at this point, but nowhere as fluid, mobile or active.

I'd like to take a risk on him with a 20ish draft pick and envisage him as a 20min game bench player

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/15/2019  5:34 PM
keep those pants on to hide those legs.
His shot is smoother than I recall.
The workouts are one thing but that body against men is another.
I’m not a fan of his build being able to negotiate a skill level in the league.

I Ike the idea of Drafting RJ and signing Russell from nets. Good youthful injection. Redshirt Durant.
Another year to move the talent. AD is a nice thought but at what price.
Bol in the second round for me. If he is gone, He is gone.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/15/2019  6:10 PM
Nalod wrote:keep those pants on to hide those legs.

I Ike the idea of Drafting RJ and signing Russell from nets. Good youthful injection. Redshirt Durant.

Sign me up
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/15/2019  8:29 PM
Nalod wrote:keep those pants on to hide those legs.

Yes to RJ, Russell and getting another first rounder.

No to KD this offseason. Maybe next one after he picks his option with GS. and recovers.

Knicks_Fan
smackeddog
6/16/2019  4:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/16/2019  4:21 AM
Interesting, we've worked out/ are going to work out Garland:

So of the teams Garland has/will worked out for: Cavs, Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Lakers no longer an option (maybe Pels bite- he'd be a good fit next to Holiday)

Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/16/2019  8:46 PM
3 days!
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
smackeddog
6/17/2019  11:31 AM
If Kawhi said he was leaving Toronto and they decided to blow it all up and rebuild, and you got a phonecall on draft night offering Pascal Siakam for RJ Barrett, would you say yes or no?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/17/2019  11:40 AM
smackeddog wrote:If Kawhi said he was leaving Toronto and they decided to blow it all up and rebuild, and you got a phonecall on draft night offering Pascal Siakam for RJ Barrett, would you say yes or no?
yes sir.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/17/2019  12:04 PM
smackeddog wrote:If Kawhi said he was leaving Toronto and they decided to blow it all up and rebuild, and you got a phonecall on draft night offering Pascal Siakam for RJ Barrett, would you say yes or no?

No way. Who doesn't like Siakam but he may have benefitted tremendously from being surrounded by a team where everyone on the court could score efficiently

(5)(5)
The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy