[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2019 Draft
Author Thread
smackeddog
Posts: 34163
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
6/7/2019  3:12 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Do the hawks offer three firsts for #3. Would the Knicks take that deal?

I think they were rumoured to be high on Culver or Cam Reddish, so if true they only need a top 5 pick, so if you want to go that route, we could first do a deal with the Cavs, then do a deal with the Hawks (so you could end up with 3 or 4 first round picks this and one next year)

AUTOADVERT
wargames
Posts: 21252
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/27/2015
Member: #6053

6/7/2019  4:40 AM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Do the hawks offer three firsts for #3. Would the Knicks take that deal?

I think they were rumoured to be high on Culver or Cam Reddish, so if true they only need a top 5 pick, so if you want to go that route, we could first do a deal with the Cavs, then do a deal with the Hawks (so you could end up with 3 or 4 first round picks this and one next year)

I don’t think it’s enough to get into 3 directly, but it could move them split. 8 & 17 could get them up to 5 and then 5 & 10 could get them 3. Then again I don’t see the Knicks letting RJ go unless he messes up his work out.

smackeddog
Posts: 34163
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
6/7/2019  3:34 PM
Here’s some more insider info from the Hawks board.its from Tuesday and got the nets talks roughly correct, so there is some legitimacy to it:

More info from the guy who knows a guy (interesting read if nothing else):

I reached out this morning to several insiders and contacts.......

No truth to the BG to Atlanta rumor. All laughed and said, stay off twitter.

Also, Michael Cunningham is right and wrong. Atlanta doesn't see Culver/Hunter/Barrett as elite prospect nor do they see Little/Reddish/others as non elite or elite. They haven't even workout some of them and they are still in evaluation mode.

He is right about the Knicks just haven't showed interest yet in 3 for 8 and 10. Seems like they Barrett or AD from the insiders.

Reddish agent has been in communication with the Hawks about Reddish and not just about Trae who he is also the agent for.

The Pels are still trying to convince AD to stay.

No one knows what the Lakers want to do outside of trade for AD.

New! There been a lot interest at #10. Seems to be a run at PF at 9-13 and teams want to move up to get their guy. Brooklyn been in talks with us but the price has been said to be too high. Hawks want a mid lottery mid 1st and a top 10 protected 2020 1st with regressing protection. The cost to move up as Steve Kyler said is significant right now and it seems like it will continue to be. Hawks are aggressively trying to get back into the 1st. Cost seems reasonable but interest just isn't there at this time but you never know. Lottery comes and teams guy is off the board and that team wants more picks. Outside of SFs and PGs. Values seem to be all over for most teams. The assumption is we will draft Cam Reddish but things can change.There is truth to ESPN take about PHX trying to move back and there is more truth that it is Brooklyn who is most interested. Houston has been on the phones with everybody, anything is possible even them doing nothing at all. Hawks shown some willingness to take on salary for 2020 given they get a 2020 1st round pick in talks. No telling what will happen. Teams are starting to like the 2020 class but there is no clear #1 for now.Hawks haven't tipped off anything and if you here it's them its a rumor or it came from the other team. I been told NY wants more for Barrett than we got for Doncic.Not a lot of teams trying to move back. This draft isn't as weak as the media is portraying

Just to add, teams thats been in talks with us more seriously are the Nets, Magic, Celtics, Cavs, Knicks, Heat, Lakers and Rockets. He said none have made any traction either way. This was from my main guy during lunch. I asked do you feel around the league the Hawks will make a trade. He said maybe a minor one but teams are saying we are asking for too much. The norm right now


Even though no one is talking about it. I been hearing CP3 to Cleveland rumors. No one is talking about it but it's been picking up stream. Cleveland was even looking at Gordon H as well. They want a vet that can help them win games. They want to make the playoffs. I don't know why though.
The last one is rumors Minnesota is shopping everyone outside of Towns, their 1st and Okogie. I guess this isn't a big one which is why I forgot about it but their players are open at a reasonable trade price. So far, not a ton of interest.

Add Covington to that list. He is not available as well.

NYK asked for #8, #10 and Huerter for #3 - Hawks declined.


https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4070562-general-draft-thread/?page=6

Nalod
Posts: 57713
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
6/7/2019  4:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/7/2019  4:07 PM
Love is still in Cle.
ATL is loading up to do something. Intersting stuff.
You don't show a fool a job half done!
smackeddog
Posts: 34163
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
6/7/2019  4:13 PM
Nalod wrote:Love is still in Cle.
ATL is loading up to do something. Intersting stuff.

It is indeed- I posted some of their musings last week, but wasn’t sure if it was reliable. However the nets trade has made me think they do have some truth to them (even if there are some inaccuracies).

CP3 to Cleveland is something I’d never of thought of- maybe they send Sexton to the rockets?

knickstorrents
Posts: 21118
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/23/2010
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
6/8/2019  2:23 AM
NYK asked for #8, #10 and Huerter for #3 - Hawks declined.

Wow, I would really love this trade if we pulled it off. Shows that Perry's mind is in the right place. I'm confident we'll do the right thing, whatever that ends up being.

Rose is not the answer.
wargames
Posts: 21252
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/27/2015
Member: #6053

6/8/2019  7:56 AM
knickstorrents wrote:
NYK asked for #8, #10 and Huerter for #3 - Hawks declined.

Wow, I would really love this trade if we pulled it off. Shows that Perry's mind is in the right place. I'm confident we'll do the right thing, whatever that ends up being.

That’s a fair price for pick #3. Perry isn’t trying to get get robbed for the sake of making a move.

smackeddog
Posts: 34163
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
6/8/2019  12:12 PM
More from the Hawks board:

More juicy bits.....

Hawks want two additional 1st rounders which we got one (TP Deal). The OKC deal might be draft night or any day. It'll be Roberson and #21 into our capspace.

8 is not available. 10 is available for moving down and a future asset. Teams aren't interested at this time but he confirmed my other three guys are right, they are telling player agents that they could move up to get them, just to get them for workouts with no intent of moving up. Teams don't want to trade a 2020 pick. Especially top 10 protected with descending protections.

Cleveland is looking to add more 1st with Atlanta and take on additional years and Gilbert is willing to pay LT for 2019-20 for better players. (Hayward and Gallo). If Atlanta is trading picks with Cavs, Hawks will be looking for them to reduce the protection on the 2020 1st they owe us.

PHX talking to the Hawks about potentially moving down trade. It seems like it's still on the table. It's seemed to be based around Tyler Johnson and #6 for #10. Not sure if there is more. Seems like there is interest. I been waiting for feedback about this one for awhile. Confirmed that the Suns are interested and have recently asked the Hawks again depending on if their guy is at #6. I am guessing PHX guy is Darius Garland. From what I was told, they aren't too happy about the options at #6.

I do think OKC will move their first to get rid of Roberson's contract, would have liked us to make such a move if we miss out on free agency.

CrushAlot
Posts: 58624
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
6/9/2019  11:01 AM
smackeddog wrote:More from the Hawks board:

More juicy bits.....

Hawks want two additional 1st rounders which we got one (TP Deal). The OKC deal might be draft night or any day. It'll be Roberson and #21 into our capspace.

8 is not available. 10 is available for moving down and a future asset. Teams aren't interested at this time but he confirmed my other three guys are right, they are telling player agents that they could move up to get them, just to get them for workouts with no intent of moving up. Teams don't want to trade a 2020 pick. Especially top 10 protected with descending protections.

Cleveland is looking to add more 1st with Atlanta and take on additional years and Gilbert is willing to pay LT for 2019-20 for better players. (Hayward and Gallo). If Atlanta is trading picks with Cavs, Hawks will be looking for them to reduce the protection on the 2020 1st they owe us.

PHX talking to the Hawks about potentially moving down trade. It seems like it's still on the table. It's seemed to be based around Tyler Johnson and #6 for #10. Not sure if there is more. Seems like there is interest. I been waiting for feedback about this one for awhile. Confirmed that the Suns are interested and have recently asked the Hawks again depending on if their guy is at #6. I am guessing PHX guy is Darius Garland. From what I was told, they aren't too happy about the options at #6.

I do think OKC will move their first to get rid of Roberson's contract, would have liked us to make such a move if we miss out on free agency.

Great stuff. Thanks.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Posts: 58624
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
6/11/2019  6:03 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Allanfan20
Posts: 34214
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
6/11/2019  6:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Looks like he’s our guy.

Friendship and business don’t mix.
jskinny35
Posts: 20353
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/27/2005
Member: #928
USA
6/11/2019  11:19 PM
hopefully not just for a few days/weeks...
Cartman718
Posts: 28976
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

6/12/2019  5:41 AM
So RJ says he really wants to play in New York. He already knows he’s going too 5 so I understand why he’s not working out with other teams but what is a draft player supposed to say, that he doesn’t want to play here?

If that’s the case why isn’t Zion coming out and saying I don’t want to play for a super small market like New Orleans

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BigDaddyG
Posts: 26820
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

6/12/2019  11:22 AM
A video on Culver from a former NBA scout. This guy did a video on RJ earlier this month. Makes some compelling arguments for Culver, but I don't feel he touched on enough on his weaknesses. Still, as we're seeing, the Culver > RJ take isn't as outlandish as it seemed a few months ago. A few people have come forward with this view. I still see RJ as having the higher upside and our front office appears to feel the same way.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Posts: 34163
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
6/12/2019  12:08 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:A video on Culver from a former NBA scout. This guy did a video on RJ earlier this month. Makes some compelling arguments for Culver, but I don't feel he touched on enough on his weaknesses. Still, as we're seeing, the Culver > RJ take isn't as outlandish as it seemed a few months ago. A few people have come forward with this view. I still see RJ as having the higher upside and our front office appears to feel the same way.

I was more open to trading down for Culver before KD got injured. Now I think we just have to swing for the fences

fishmike
Posts: 49169
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
6/12/2019  4:29 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:A video on Culver from a former NBA scout. This guy did a video on RJ earlier this month. Makes some compelling arguments for Culver, but I don't feel he touched on enough on his weaknesses. Still, as we're seeing, the Culver > RJ take isn't as outlandish as it seemed a few months ago. A few people have come forward with this view. I still see RJ as having the higher upside and our front office appears to feel the same way.

I was more open to trading down for Culver before KD got injured. Now I think we just have to swing for the fences


What if a post AD deal w/ the Lakers and Suns nets the Pelicans 4&6 (Lakers and Suns's pick for Lonzo) and then the Pelicans offer us 4&6 to move up to 3?

Would you pass on Barrett to add Culver+1? I would love to add Bol or Brandon Clarke... I wonder who the Knicks would take?

smackeddog
Posts: 34163
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
6/12/2019  4:40 PM
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:A video on Culver from a former NBA scout. This guy did a video on RJ earlier this month. Makes some compelling arguments for Culver, but I don't feel he touched on enough on his weaknesses. Still, as we're seeing, the Culver > RJ take isn't as outlandish as it seemed a few months ago. A few people have come forward with this view. I still see RJ as having the higher upside and our front office appears to feel the same way.

I was more open to trading down for Culver before KD got injured. Now I think we just have to swing for the fences


What if a post AD deal w/ the Lakers and Suns nets the Pelicans 4&6 (Lakers and Suns's pick for Lonzo) and then the Pelicans offer us 4&6 to move up to 3?

Would you pass on Barrett to add Culver+1? I would love to add Bol or Brandon Clarke... I wonder who the Knicks would take?

I’d definitely take 4th and 6th for the 3rd, but I think it makes more sense for the Pels to keep the 4th and 6th. Think they’ll be nicely set up from a lakers deal, but I suspect they’re trying to flip some of it for Beal.

knickstorrents
Posts: 21118
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/23/2010
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
6/13/2019  8:38 AM
For sure you trade down from 3 for the 4 & 6.... I believe that's above historical premiums for trading down. I think it becomes more interesting the more picks you accumulate. It's too bad that our player development is unproven, but let's assume we solve that part (big IF). If we could turn a 3rd pick into 4 picks ranging from 10-25, I would love that. Here's a sampling of what's been available further down the draft

Kevin Huerter (pick 19, 2018)
Landry Shamet (pick 26, 2018)
Donovan Mitchell (pick 13, 2017)
OG Anunoby (pick 23, 2017)
Kyle Kuzma (pick 27, 2017)
Caris Levert (pick 20, 2016)

There's tons of value in later picks in the draft and that's where we're at right now. We need to fill out our roster to setup our next move or continue to develop. We're basically a few years behind where the Nets are, and that's if things go well

Rose is not the answer.
smackeddog
Posts: 34163
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
6/13/2019  10:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/13/2019  11:48 AM
We're meeting with Ja Morant tomorrow- I would feel so much better going into our full rebuild via the young guys with him at the PG spot, but I just don't see the Griz passing on him, unless Glen Grunwald does us a solid and hypes RJ due to his canadian bball connections (he's a Griz advisor resident and CEO of Canada Basketball)

However, this news did make me realise, we haven't really worked out/met with many players this year (outside of those projected to be second rounders)- from what I can remember we've only met:

RJ
Culver
Cam Reddish
and now Ja Morant

Am I missing anyone?

Leads me to believe we won't be trading down or adding any other first round picks

KnickDanger
Posts: 20185
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/30/2017
Member: #7578

6/13/2019  11:54 AM
A week to go!
The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.