Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/1/2019  2:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/1/2019  3:00 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Must have sorted out a guarantee, otherwise why have the surgery now. Worrying thing was that we met with him yesterday:

They just announced the surgery, not the actual date right? And not for nothing but why wouldn't it be sooner rather than later (if you are the player)?

Sounds like a hernia? “Core muscle”? If his position is set and he can further injure himself then why not? Like I said, maybe an outside chance a trade gets done and perhaps they are inquisitive about Barrett and just plain meeting the kid. Bolden is entering the draft, maybe asking about him.
But.......

I read he ate a steak but with his left hand instead of right. There is an old Buddhist tale of such a man from Nepal who came from Bhutan to meet a family about an arranged marriage. When asked how he liked his steak he said he did not. Yet he still ate it. Asked if he ate the meat of a yak he did not answer. Asked then he was to eat on his journey he said. “The path to my destiny is filled with turns and chance. If I eat with one hand but not the other am I one person or another”......
Media reports that Cam has had a past life regression and when he is questioned, he is one person, but when is not, he is another. Thus, in Nalodian fashion of deductive Rainman reasoning I can only conclude that Cam will be drafted by the hawks, but like many young men would like to play in NY.

Do any of you get the same impression after looking at that photo??

AUTOADVERT
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

6/1/2019  7:50 PM
Chandler wrote:Food for thought. Raptors starting 5 highest pick is kawhi at 15. Two second rounders and two late 1sts

Good teams are more than the sum of their parts

To be totally fair, some of those guys were acquired in trade. What was sent out in trade and what was the draft position of those guys sent out in trade.

If the Raptors drafted all of those dudes, I'd see the reasoning, but let's be totally fair here.

But to be fair the other way was well, they did the best they could with their situation, which is obviously a compliment to them as a team.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/3/2019  4:18 PM
Sam Vecenie is on, The Bank Shot podcast talking about the Knicks draft.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
6/3/2019  6:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Sam Vecenie is on, The Bank Shot podcast talking about the Knicks draft.

Great podcast. Vecenie thinks RJ should be in the conversation for the second pick. He really likes RJ. He also said he thought it would be a mistake to take Culver at 3.
CrushAlot
USA
6/3/2019  7:41 PM
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/4/2019  12:16 PM
If the Knicks love Reddish this much, would you trade Knox for a chance to grab him?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/4/2019  12:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/4/2019  12:42 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:If the Knicks love Reddish this much, would you trade Knox for a chance to grab him?

F no. Why the rush to trade Knox for a player who has even more questions about his motor, going into the pros?

Knox ended the season looking like the game was slowing down for him. Conditioning wasnt as much of an issue. The kid does more than talk about being hungry, putting in the time and effort to get the best advice he can on how to elevate his game.

Is Reddish wired like that? Would much rather see what the work Knox put in over the summer did for his game. Trading Knox for a shot at Reddish would feel like going back to square one, instead of building on Knox's strong finish to this season.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/4/2019  1:55 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:If the Knicks love Reddish this much, would you trade Knox for a chance to grab him?

Maybe. My idealized vision of Reddish is a player that's way more complete than Knox. On the other hand, he is still a project. I'm not sure I want to trade one project for another question mark. Plus, I'm not sure Knox has that kind of value by himself. If the question is would I trade Knox and assets for Reddish, than the answer is heck no.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/4/2019  4:13 PM
BigDaddy and Gustav, I actually agree but I wanted to see how far people would go.

BTW, I don’t remember where I saw it but I saw a video of Knox working out on the court. He looked super fast. I don’t normally brag about stuff players do over the off-season anymore but he still looked good.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/5/2019  9:26 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Perry with the “Are you ever gonna shoot over 30%?” stance

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/5/2019  9:27 AM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
USA
6/6/2019  5:27 PM

Do the hawks offer three firsts for #3. Would the Knicks take that deal?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/6/2019  6:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

It depends on how high they have the prospects in that range rated. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Would the Pelicans prefer those 3 picks to #3 overall?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/7/2019  3:12 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

I think they were rumoured to be high on Culver or Cam Reddish, so if true they only need a top 5 pick, so if you want to go that route, we could first do a deal with the Cavs, then do a deal with the Hawks (so you could end up with 3 or 4 first round picks this and one next year)

wargames
Member: #6053

6/7/2019  4:40 AM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think they were rumoured to be high on Culver or Cam Reddish, so if true they only need a top 5 pick, so if you want to go that route, we could first do a deal with the Cavs, then do a deal with the Hawks (so you could end up with 3 or 4 first round picks this and one next year)

I don’t think it’s enough to get into 3 directly, but it could move them split. 8 & 17 could get them up to 5 and then 5 & 10 could get them 3. Then again I don’t see the Knicks letting RJ go unless he messes up his work out.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
smackeddog
6/7/2019  3:34 PM
Here’s some more insider info from the Hawks board.its from Tuesday and got the nets talks roughly correct, so there is some legitimacy to it:

More info from the guy who knows a guy (interesting read if nothing else):

I reached out this morning to several insiders and contacts.......

No truth to the BG to Atlanta rumor. All laughed and said, stay off twitter.

Also, Michael Cunningham is right and wrong. Atlanta doesn't see Culver/Hunter/Barrett as elite prospect nor do they see Little/Reddish/others as non elite or elite. They haven't even workout some of them and they are still in evaluation mode.

He is right about the Knicks just haven't showed interest yet in 3 for 8 and 10. Seems like they Barrett or AD from the insiders.

Reddish agent has been in communication with the Hawks about Reddish and not just about Trae who he is also the agent for.

The Pels are still trying to convince AD to stay.

No one knows what the Lakers want to do outside of trade for AD.

New! There been a lot interest at #10. Seems to be a run at PF at 9-13 and teams want to move up to get their guy. Brooklyn been in talks with us but the price has been said to be too high. Hawks want a mid lottery mid 1st and a top 10 protected 2020 1st with regressing protection. The cost to move up as Steve Kyler said is significant right now and it seems like it will continue to be. Hawks are aggressively trying to get back into the 1st. Cost seems reasonable but interest just isn't there at this time but you never know. Lottery comes and teams guy is off the board and that team wants more picks. Outside of SFs and PGs. Values seem to be all over for most teams. The assumption is we will draft Cam Reddish but things can change.There is truth to ESPN take about PHX trying to move back and there is more truth that it is Brooklyn who is most interested. Houston has been on the phones with everybody, anything is possible even them doing nothing at all. Hawks shown some willingness to take on salary for 2020 given they get a 2020 1st round pick in talks. No telling what will happen. Teams are starting to like the 2020 class but there is no clear #1 for now.Hawks haven't tipped off anything and if you here it's them its a rumor or it came from the other team. I been told NY wants more for Barrett than we got for Doncic.Not a lot of teams trying to move back. This draft isn't as weak as the media is portraying

Just to add, teams thats been in talks with us more seriously are the Nets, Magic, Celtics, Cavs, Knicks, Heat, Lakers and Rockets. He said none have made any traction either way. This was from my main guy during lunch. I asked do you feel around the league the Hawks will make a trade. He said maybe a minor one but teams are saying we are asking for too much. The norm right now

Even though no one is talking about it. I been hearing CP3 to Cleveland rumors. No one is talking about it but it's been picking up stream. Cleveland was even looking at Gordon H as well. They want a vet that can help them win games. They want to make the playoffs. I don't know why though.
The last one is rumors Minnesota is shopping everyone outside of Towns, their 1st and Okogie. I guess this isn't a big one which is why I forgot about it but their players are open at a reasonable trade price. So far, not a ton of interest.

Add Covington to that list. He is not available as well.

NYK asked for #8, #10 and Huerter for #3 - Hawks declined.

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4070562-general-draft-thread/?page=6

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/7/2019  4:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/7/2019  4:07 PM
Love is still in Cle.
ATL is loading up to do something. Intersting stuff.
smackeddog
6/7/2019  4:13 PM
Nalod wrote:Love is still in Cle.
ATL is loading up to do something. Intersting stuff.

It is indeed- I posted some of their musings last week, but wasn’t sure if it was reliable. However the nets trade has made me think they do have some truth to them (even if there are some inaccuracies).

CP3 to Cleveland is something I’d never of thought of- maybe they send Sexton to the rockets?

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
6/8/2019  2:23 AM

Wow, I would really love this trade if we pulled it off. Shows that Perry's mind is in the right place. I'm confident we'll do the right thing, whatever that ends up being.

Rose is not the answer.
wargames
Member: #6053

6/8/2019  7:56 AM
knickstorrents wrote:

Wow, I would really love this trade if we pulled it off. Shows that Perry's mind is in the right place. I'm confident we'll do the right thing, whatever that ends up being.

That’s a fair price for pick #3. Perry isn’t trying to get get robbed for the sake of making a move.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy