[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2019 Draft
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/27/2019  7:39 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Saw this on twitter. Not sure if it is a reliable source.

The source definitely sounds sketchy. Maybe NO wants additional picks? I don't think Fran's valur is that high right now and I don't think we want the extra salary that comes with a first-rounder, even if it is late.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/27/2019  7:48 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

The source definitely sounds sketchy. Maybe NO wants additional picks? I don't think Fran's valur is that high right now and I don't think we want the extra salary that comes with a first-rounder, even if it is late.

Extra salary? Knicks would be reducing salary by $4M

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/27/2019  10:18 PM
i wouldn’t trade frank at all. fiz might not be the right coach for him but i’d hold on and see how his game and body and mindset can mature.
BigDaddyG

5/27/2019  11:28 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Extra salary? Knicks would be reducing salary by $4M

My bad. All I can see are moves centered around AD. Wouldn't that move make it harder to sign two max guys and AD if we bring in an additional first rounder this year?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

5/27/2019  11:54 PM
Knox might turn out to be an all-time bust. But I'm glad we never gambled on Michael Porter Jr.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/05/26/nuggets-rookie-michael-porter-jr-health/

The biggest question surrounding Porter Jr. is his health. Weeks after the Nuggets pounced on Porter Jr. with the No. 14 pick, he underwent a second back surgery in eight months. The first was a microdiscectomy while at Missouri; the second was on his lumbar spine last July.

The Nuggets never planned on him playing this past season but his return to competitive basketball was further hampered after he developed drop foot, according to league sources, which was a symptom of his back surgeries. With drop foot, it’s difficult to lift the front part of one’s foot, causing it to drag. It’s sometimes a result of a herniated disk – and thus a pinched nerve – in one’s lower back

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
5/28/2019  4:43 AM
Marv wrote:i wouldn’t trade frank at all. fiz might not be the right coach for him but i’d hold on and see how his game and body and mindset can mature.

problem is, if we sign KD and another max, and you want to keep Trier, you have to trade either Frank or DSjr to free up the salary (otherwise we'd be just short of being able to offer the two max contracts- and very doubtful KD or Irving would take any salary shave.

Also if we're planning an AD trade and the Pelicans have no interest in Frank, then a late first rounder might have more value to them.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/28/2019  9:10 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Marv wrote:i wouldn’t trade frank at all. fiz might not be the right coach for him but i’d hold on and see how his game and body and mindset can mature.

problem is, if we sign KD and another max, and you want to keep Trier, you have to trade either Frank or DSjr to free up the salary (otherwise we'd be just short of being able to offer the two max contracts- and very doubtful KD or Irving would take any salary shave.

Also if we're planning an AD trade and the Pelicans have no interest in Frank, then a late first rounder might have more value to them.

yup. that all makes good sense.

ok if we get kyrie i'd rather trade dsj.

dsj didn't handle doncic coming in as the primary ball handler and team leader. he doesn't seem to have defensive presence and his back is a concern.

frank's gotta find himself but i think when he does his size, defense, adaptability are gonna be a stronger bet. his injuries were bad last year but i can't see them being as potentially chronic as dsj's back.

plus trier is gonna be able to fill a lot of dsj's role imo.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/28/2019  10:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/28/2019  10:34 AM
1. Porter will be playing summer league. The jury is way still out there regarding this kid. Taken later in the draft and benched and still they went to Conf Semi's losing game 7 they have the luxury of ascending and perhaps bringing in if healthy the top pick in the draft. Emphisize "IF". Am I glad we passed on him? Im not ready to make that judgment. Knicks could not afford to swing for the fences on a pick like that so its important you look at the moment you make that pick: KP on the shelf and perhaps the "we not going to be very good and think about giving yoot reps. Porter out for a season." This was a SAS type long term move. Kudos to Denver if it plays out.

2. Frank........Rumor mill has us trading for a late 1st round. Casualty of progress perhaps. Dot and Trier are proven. Frank has shot issues. Solve that he is Iggy in a few years. If not, he is toast in the NBA. If IM pragmatic about decision making its been already decided a long time ago. As a fan I'd rather be open ended and find a way. What we don't know is all that is being speculated about and how it (FA's) plays out. Frank is the type of Dray/Reezy/Dennis Johnson/iggy player that championship teams have. Unselfish, good nose for the ball, defense first and when called upon hit the clutch shot! And therein lies the rub. The kid did not demonstrate that in two seasons. Far from it. Might not be the optimal decision but he might have to go.

3. Potential sleeper of the draft: Cam Redish! Watching this kid when he is in rhythm and getting the ball he looked damn good. His athleticism will draw attention as to potential but this kid gets a bit of a pass in my book because he had to adjust from being the man to third spoke. The game will open up for him. I dont' think he is a an out of the gate Donovan Mitchell type regret but if given the chance he could be very good. Not at the 3. I'd put him some where 6-10.

Chandler
Member: #6197

5/28/2019  12:33 PM
Marv wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

dsj didn't handle doncic coming in as the primary ball handler and team leader. he doesn't seem to have defensive presence and his back is a concern.

frank's gotta find himself but i think when he does his size, defense, adaptability are gonna be a stronger bet. his injuries were bad last year but i can't see them being as potentially chronic as dsj's back.

agree 100%

(5)(5)
martin
USA
5/30/2019  7:54 PM

Nalod
USA
5/30/2019  10:32 PM
That is Taco Fall in the back ground?
This for real, kid looks like a monster.
smackeddog
5/31/2019  3:22 AM
martin wrote:

Good grief, how do you look like that at 18?!

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/31/2019  1:08 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

Good grief, how do you look like that at 18?!

LeBron and Dwight did.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/31/2019  1:47 PM
Marv wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

This... the other thing is despite how bad a year he had I can count on Frank to play a role in a system
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
smackeddog
6/1/2019  3:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/1/2019  3:36 AM

Must have sorted out a guarantee, otherwise why have the surgery now. Worrying thing was that we met with him yesterday:

Nalod
USA
6/1/2019  7:44 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Must have sorted out a guarantee, otherwise why have the surgery now. Worrying thing was that we met with him yesterday:

He’ll likely be there at the 8 or 10. ATL might want Barrett and have to up the price. ATL might want to spread out some of these rookie deals. Maybe we trade Frank and a protected pick down the road for Reddish who we think has a high ceiling? Knicks might just be doing their job. Might be also asking about Barrett.
He might be in NY to see a doctor. Might be in NY to see the Nets. Might be in In NY to visit his mothers sisters brother in-laws son’s grandfather.

smackeddog
6/1/2019  11:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/1/2019  11:33 AM

Summer league just got less interesting (I know technically he could be back just in time, but I doubt the Griz risk playing him so soon)

Chandler
Member: #6197

6/1/2019  11:41 AM
Food for thought. Raptors starting 5 highest pick is kawhi at 15. Two second rounders and two late 1sts

Good teams are more than the sum of their parts

(5)(5)
Nalod
USA
6/1/2019  11:56 AM
Chandler wrote:Food for thought. Raptors starting 5 highest pick is kawhi at 15. Two second rounders and two late 1sts

Good teams are more than the sum of their parts

Good catch. Gasol was a second rounder. GSW core high pick was Curry (Durant Free agent).
Gotta grow one or two to succeed.

martin
USA
6/1/2019  1:12 PM
smackeddog wrote:

They just announced the surgery, not the actual date right? And not for nothing but why wouldn't it be sooner rather than later (if you are the player)?

The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy