[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2019 Draft
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
5/20/2019  5:03 AM
Looking like White also has a guarantee:

Executives from around the league believe that Darius Garland and Coby White each received a draft promise at the combine last week.

Garland is rumored to have gotten a draft promise with either the Lakers at #4 or the Suns at #6.

Executives also speculate that White received a draft promise from a team picking inside the top 6.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/253860/League-Executives-Believe-Darius-Garland-Coby-White-Received-Draft-Promises

So draft is looking like:

1) Pels- Zion
2) Griz- Ja Morant
3) Knicks- RJ (likely will be traded)
4) Lakers- Garland
5) Cavs ???? (want to trade up for RJ, who knows who they pick if they can't)
6) Suns- Coby White

DeAndre Hunter also mysteriously skipped the combine, so there was speculation he had a promise- cavs doesn't make sense as why would he want to go there? Also Bulls rumoured to be interested in Ball, if the lakers are keeping their pick and indeed taking garland, then that would make sense for the Bulls, as the best PG in this draft will have gone by the time the Bulls pick. Maybe the Bulls move their pick to the Lakers who then take Hunter, or try to package those two to the Pels for AD.

AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/20/2019  7:36 AM
I don't want the Knicks to trade the pick, especially if it's true that there's a significant drop of talent after 3. But if they do it would be nice to get a good vet as part of the package back

I am seriously concerned that with all the scenarios discussed, KD, AD, Kyrie etc. we are pairing guys in their prime with a bunch of teenagers. IMO if we're going with vets rather than drafting we need to ensure we have a critical mass of grown ups

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/20/2019  11:12 AM
Chandler wrote:I don't want the Knicks to trade the pick, especially if it's true that there's a significant drop of talent after 3. But if they do it would be nice to get a good vet as part of the package back

I am seriously concerned that with all the scenarios discussed, KD, AD, Kyrie etc. we are pairing guys in their prime with a bunch of teenagers. IMO if we're going with vets rather than drafting we need to ensure we have a critical mass of grown ups

I agree. If there is a master plan we are not privy to it and thus don't understand. I'd rather pass judgement until I better understand.
There is a gap. Can one of Knox, DSM, or JR be special by 2021? The end of year two of the Durant era? Can frank be our Iggy? A jack of all trades that does the right thing?
(Yes, Frank has to make shots!!!)

Chandler
Member: #6197

5/20/2019  12:40 PM
Nalod wrote:
Chandler wrote:I don't want the Knicks to trade the pick, especially if it's true that there's a significant drop of talent after 3. But if they do it would be nice to get a good vet as part of the package back

I agree. If there is a master plan we are not privy to it and thus don't understand. I'd rather pass judgement until I better understand.
There is a gap. Can one of Knox, DSM, or JR be special by 2021? The end of year two of the Durant era? Can frank be our Iggy? A jack of all trades that does the right thing?
(Yes, Frank has to make shots!!!)

we should also keep in mind that if the "process" is even mildly successful we will not be picking this high for the foreseeable future -- i.e., last, best chance to draft a superstar

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/20/2019  12:43 PM
One of DSjr, Knox or RJ will be an allstar. I love Mitch, but not free basing the Kool Aid yet on him.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/20/2019  1:59 PM
Nalod wrote:One of DSjr, Knox or RJ will be an allstar. I love Mitch, but not free basing the Kool Aid yet on him.

Free Basing the Kool Aid

I like it

FBKA

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/20/2019  2:46 PM
smackeddog wrote:Looking like White also has a guarantee:

Executives from around the league believe that Darius Garland and Coby White each received a draft promise at the combine last week.

Garland is rumored to have gotten a draft promise with either the Lakers at #4 or the Suns at #6.

Executives also speculate that White received a draft promise from a team picking inside the top 6.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/253860/League-Executives-Believe-Darius-Garland-Coby-White-Received-Draft-Promises

1) Pels- Zion
2) Griz- Ja Morant
4) Lakers- Garland
6) Suns- Coby White

DeAndre Hunter also mysteriously skipped the combine, so there was speculation he had a promise- cavs doesn't make sense as why would he want to go there? Also Bulls rumoured to be interested in Ball, if the lakers are keeping their pick and indeed taking garland, then that would make sense for the Bulls, as the best PG in this draft will have gone by the time the Bulls pick. Maybe the Bulls move their pick to the Lakers who then take Hunter, or try to package those two to the Pels for AD.

Disagree with the bold. I think we draft RJ and he joins KD/Kyrie and thats the big move. (fingers crossed) but lets see if ALL the chatter is real
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Sambakick
Member: #5646

5/20/2019  4:38 PM
smackeddog wrote:If the cavs are as locked in on RJ as a few reports suggested, assuming we don't do an Ad trade, we could send them the 3rd pick plus frank for their 5th, plus their late first rounder plus a pick swap next year. Not saying I would do it, but would definitely be worth considering of Culver, DeAndre or Garland prove themselves in work outs

Even if those guys impress i don't think that is a good enough return for the Knicks. Leverage their desire more.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/20/2019  4:57 PM

1) Pels- Zion
2) Griz- Ja Morant
4) Lakers- Garland
6) Suns- Coby White

#KeepThePick

Knicks_Fan
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/21/2019  10:34 AM
fishmike wrote:

1) Pels- Zion
2) Griz- Ja Morant
4) Lakers- Garland
6) Suns- Coby White

Disagree with the bold. I think we draft RJ and he joins KD/Kyrie and thats the big move. (fingers crossed) but lets see if ALL the chatter is real

Even if we don’t get KD and Irving, I would keep the pick. We’ve been attempting to build by the draft for quite awhile now. We would have been a lot more successful had KP not become an arshole. No reason to stop at this point. Trading everyone for AD will guarantee us absolutely nothing. His history and the Knicks history have proven that.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/21/2019  12:55 PM
fishmike wrote:

1) Pels- Zion
2) Griz- Ja Morant
4) Lakers- Garland
6) Suns- Coby White

I hope this is the case too. I want to sign KD and Kyrie but also have Barrett, Knox, and Mitch to build with. I'll trade Frank, DSjr, and possibly dallas picks to build up the supporting cast. I want to be set up for the present and the future.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/21/2019  1:56 PM
What do we think of Tack Fall? We're supposedly interested in him. I only saw him in the NCAA tournament and I thought he was more of an oddity than a player at the time.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
5/21/2019  2:26 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:What do we think of Tack Fall? We're supposedly interested in him. I only saw him in the NCAA tournament and I thought he was more of an oddity than a player at the time.

Feel like Berman or whatnot needed to write an article and Taco Fall was a recognizable name. That's it

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/21/2019  3:22 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:What do we think of Tack Fall? We're supposedly interested in him. I only saw him in the NCAA tournament and I thought he was more of an oddity than a player at the time.

Feel like Berman or whatnot needed to write an article and Taco Fall was a recognizable name. That's it

OK. I thought Perry watched the 76ers/Toronto series and decided that the Knicks need a Boban stopper.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
5/21/2019  5:06 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

OK. I thought Perry watched the 76ers/Toronto series and decided that the Knicks need a Boban stopper.

touche

Allanfan20
USA
5/22/2019  7:58 AM
Ja Morant will be on “Get Up” this morning, in case anyone is interested. Greenie didn’t mention what time though.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Allanfan20
USA
5/22/2019  8:26 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:Ja Morant will be on “Get Up” this morning, in case anyone is interested. Greenie didn’t mention what time though.

9:30 ET.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/24/2019  8:55 AM
Knick draft podcasts: The Bank Shot has Zwicker from The Stepien on and Filmschool has Wasserman on.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/24/2019  11:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/24/2019  11:49 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Knick draft podcasts: The Bank Shot has Zwicker from The Stepien on and Filmschool has Wasserman on.

Yeah, Zwicker on locked on Knicks were very harsh on RJ- don't listen if you want to remain enthused!

While we're on podcasts, I do like the Hard Knicks Life one- think that's the funniest:

https://soundcloud.com/itsahardknickslife

Also Knicks Fan TV is also very enjoyable:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4w7Wl5Ptq4A10attECLflg (also strip the audio from their youtube shows and turn them into podcasts)

Knicks Film School are very knowledgeable and more upbeat about RJ:

http://knicksfilmschoolpod.libsyn.com

We're lucky these days- all of those a re way better than the trash Knicks coverage we used to have to put up with via ESPN or WFAN or whatever

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/27/2019  7:31 PM
Saw this on twitter. Not sure if it is a reliable source.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy