USA
5/14/2019  9:17 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

5/14/2019  11:27 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/15/2019  8:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/15/2019  8:21 AM
We defied the odds and moved up 2 spots. The Kharma Police did not give us the ultimate prize but we defied math.
Not Suns and not Cleveland. They did not fall, they stayed with their odds.

Zion conspiracy to quell Davis leaving? He is asking to be traded. Not like when Lebron left Clev as a free agent. Pels will do very well in a trade. You think the 29 other owners would agree to this kind of conspiracy?

In the future we have other picks. If KP falters the pick becomes more valuable if Dallas does not make playoffs. Eddy style potential.

Going forward we can trade players for picks. More opportunities increase “Luck”. Thats for another day.
The Zion hype machine casts a large shadow on the others. Time for them to shine on their own. Ja or R.J.? Perhaps another ascends too? Door is open.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/15/2019  2:08 PM
Low % act would be Zion threaten to go back to school. He has not signed with an agent.
Pels own his rights, he does not get "re-drafted" if he did this.
He does this real quietly. Don't embarrass the Pels. Don't make Zion look bad either. Make it like its good for Pel's.
Have to make a starphuch trade because its makes look Pels look bad. They have to sell tickets. Zion has to make a list of teams. Usual suspects.
Lakers, Knicks, Nets, Clippers, Philly, and of course Celtics.
We'll see if a rumor gets floated because "its a good idea for Pels to restock on talent."
Parlay AD and Zion is not an easy task and I can't begin to decipher how you do this.
This is only being spoken about in the media because Zion has not signed with an agent. This is not a Nalodian thought buster.
Benefits nobody to take this public.
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/15/2019  3:52 PM

That was quick! I guess either the bulls or the suns?

smackeddog
5/15/2019  5:03 PM
What the heck?!

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/15/2019  5:11 PM
smackeddog wrote:What the heck?!

basketball gods playing a joke . . .

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/15/2019  7:09 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Knowing my life as a Knicks fan, it’s probably the Knicks.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/15/2019  8:13 PM
Reading the post and this sentence really caught my attention

Clippers adviser Jerry West has reportedly tabbed Morant as the best talent in the draft – better than Williamson.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/15/2019  8:27 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Guessing the Knicks would be the first team who would consider picking out of the consensus top three, with Morant available at 2. Believe that the scouting staff, mgmt has shown they know how to find talent. Talent that doesnt always slot where the experts say they should go.

It would probably mean that DSJr is on his way out, if thats how it plays out. His back might have scared them off. Will have to check some Garland game tape. Whatever team made the promise has to be high enough a pick for Garland to bail, so it could be the Knicks. Doubt Garland would do this for a team with a mid first round pick. Would pass up a chance to move up.

smackeddog
5/16/2019  3:13 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Guessing the Knicks would be the first team who would consider picking out of the consensus top three, with Morant available at 2. Believe that the scouting staff, mgmt has shown they know how to find talent. Talent that doesnt always slot where the experts say they should go.

It would probably mean that DSJr is on his way out, if thats how it plays out. His back might have scared them off. Will have to check some Garland game tape. Whatever team made the promise has to be high enough a pick for Garland to bail, so it could be the Knicks. Doubt Garland would do this for a team with a mid first round pick. Would pass up a chance to move up.

I seem to remember reading a few days ago that the knicks were interested in Garland, however I don't think it's them as I don't think they'd offer a promise this early AND before they've resolved whether they're trading for AD.

For Garland to accept a promise so early, it must be either a relatively high pick or in a city/team he really wants to go to. Yesterday or the day before there was a report the Lakers were interested in him. What's his favourite team?:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/bp344b/darius_garland_in_2018_was_asked_who_is_his/

Yep Lakers. Also Lakers were originally assumed to be picking a bit later in the draft, where he was originally expected to be available, so they would have already scouted him extensively.

Only thing that makes me doubt it's the Lakers is that I'd expect them tory to use the pick in a trade, so why make a promise to a player before you've decided if your trading them

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/16/2019  4:44 PM
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I seem to remember reading a few days ago that the knicks were interested in Garland, however I don't think it's them as I don't think they'd offer a promise this early AND before they've resolved whether they're trading for AD.

For Garland to accept a promise so early, it must be either a relatively high pick or in a city/team he really wants to go to. Yesterday or the day before there was a report the Lakers were interested in him. What's his favourite team?:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/bp344b/darius_garland_in_2018_was_asked_who_is_his/

Yep Lakers. Also Lakers were originally assumed to be picking a bit later in the draft, where he was originally expected to be available, so they would have already scouted him extensively.

Only thing that makes me doubt it's the Lakers is that I'd expect them tory to use the pick in a trade, so why make a promise to a player before you've decided if your trading them

Jeremy Woo on Mannix’s pod said Garland may have pulled out for health reasons.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/16/2019  8:48 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:Reading the post and this sentence really caught my attention

Clippers adviser Jerry West has reportedly tabbed Morant as the best talent in the draft – better than Williamson.

this is something to watch. I have a lot of respect for West's opinion and it blows my mind how unlike so many others his understanding has evolved with the game. he always seems a step ahead. Wish he were in this organization

(5)(5)
Chandler

5/16/2019  8:50 PM
I don't buy the "promise" baloney. Each of these guys wants to be drafted higher for bragging rights and more money -- as a general rule

the only time a promise makes sense if someone is considering going back to college

(5)(5)
smackeddog
5/17/2019  2:34 AM
Chandler wrote:I don't buy the "promise" baloney. Each of these guys wants to be drafted higher for bragging rights and more money -- as a general rule

the only time a promise makes sense if someone is considering going back to college

Last year Shai Gilgeous-Alexander didn't do any workouts or meetings with teams because he had a promise from the clippers. If a player likes the team that's promising to take them, and they value that more than the potential extra money they could get going to a less desirable team, then they'll take the promise- not everyones solely interested in money

Chandler

5/17/2019  5:23 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Chandler wrote:I don't buy the "promise" baloney. Each of these guys wants to be drafted higher for bragging rights and more money -- as a general rule

Last year Shai Gilgeous-Alexander didn't do any workouts or meetings with teams because he had a promise from the clippers. If a player likes the team that's promising to take them, and they value that more than the potential extra money they could get going to a less desirable team, then they'll take the promise- not everyones solely interested in money

Like the promise Mitch had from the Lakers? Sorry not buying it.

(5)(5)
smackeddog
5/18/2019  2:34 AM
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Like the promise Mitch had from the Lakers? Sorry not buying it.

So then why didn't SGA work out with any team last year?

smackeddog
5/19/2019  12:11 PM
If the cavs are as locked in on RJ as a few reports suggested, assuming we don't do an Ad trade, we could send them the 3rd pick plus frank for their 5th, plus their late first rounder plus a pick swap next year. Not saying I would do it, but would definitely be worth considering of Culver, DeAndre or Garland prove themselves in work outs
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/19/2019  8:15 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
5/20/2019  4:51 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Lakers always seem to decide really early who they're picking and make a promise- not sure if it's the wisest strategy (see Ball)

The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy