[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2019 Draft
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/4/2019  11:03 AM
The second half of this podcast has really good draft content.
https://gametheorysam.libsyn.com
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

5/4/2019  12:06 PM
MooK wrote:
Marv wrote:
MooK wrote:If not Zion I think Deandre Hunter should be the guy. High bbiq, tough defender who can guard multiple positions, and a great outside shooter. I also think he has untapped playmaking potential that was restricted playing in Tony Bennett's system. I could see him becoming a Danny Granger type of player and if we luck out on KD and Kyrie he'd fit perfect

i think he’s going 4th or 5th so i’m glad to hear you be so high on him.

Yeah, he may not have the ceiling of Ja Morant or RJ Barrett but I think he has a higher floor as well. He's already a consistent long-range shooter and it would not surprise me to see him round out his offensive game a little more and become a borderline All-Star or better. Maybe a late bloomer like a Pascal Siakam type. If we wind up with the second pick and an AD trade is not on the table then I'd trade down for him.

The only way I would trade down (absent AD trade) is if we got pick 4 AND a protected first rounder next year or the year after. Otherwise I am picking BPA, which is clearly Ja M. Same thing goes for pick 3 with RJ.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/6/2019  10:59 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/7/2019  8:05 AM
Cartman718 wrote:

Imagine putting in months and months of work then Dolan come through the door with a bottle of crown royal and his “JD and the Straight shot” hat and telling his staff to get him a star to boast TV ratings. How deflating that must have been. To have the picks that became Aldridge and Joakim Noah gone while Eddy slobbers about also must have been hard for the team. It was awful for fans!!!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/7/2019  6:06 PM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Imagine putting in months and months of work then Dolan come through the door with a bottle of crown royal and his “JD and the Straight shot” hat and telling his staff to get him a star to boast TV ratings. How deflating that must have been. To have the picks that became Aldridge and Joakim Noah gone while Eddy slobbers about also must have been hard for the team. It was awful for fans!!!

As bad as that sounds, I think I would love to see something like that from a pure entertainment perspective. That sounds like a pitch for a good reality television show. Jimmy gets hammered and we see how the straight shot and other employees react. He's sober now, but maybe he'd reconsider for awesome tv.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Cartman718

5/8/2019  12:03 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/8/2019  2:32 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

Yeah, he’s fat.... and I am Chris Hemsworth.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/8/2019  3:41 PM
Draft Lottery on 14 and combine starts the 16th.... all next week

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/05/08/66-players-attend-nba-draft-combine

The NBA announced today that 66 players are expected to attend the 2019 NBA Draft Combine powered by Under Armour.

The NBA Draft Combine is the first step in the Draft process for NBA hopefuls and features five-on-five games as well as shooting and strength and agility drills at Quest Multisport in Chicago on Thursday, May 16 and Friday, May 17. ESPN 2 will provide coverage both days from 3-7 p.m. ET.

A select number of draft-eligible players will be invited to participate in the 2019 NBA Draft Combine based on their performance in the NBA G League Elite Camp, which will take place May 12-14 at Quest Multisport.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/10/2019  10:22 AM
martin wrote:Draft Lottery on 14 and combine starts the 16th.... all next week

The NBA announced today that 66 players are expected to attend the 2019 NBA Draft Combine powered by Under Armour.

The NBA Draft Combine is the first step in the Draft process for NBA hopefuls and features five-on-five games as well as shooting and strength and agility drills at Quest Multisport in Chicago on Thursday, May 16 and Friday, May 17. ESPN 2 will provide coverage both days from 3-7 p.m. ET.

A select number of draft-eligible players will be invited to participate in the 2019 NBA Draft Combine based on their performance in the NBA G League Elite Camp, which will take place May 12-14 at Quest Multisport.

A little disappointed that Rui Hachimura is not in that list.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/10/2019  11:26 AM
NYKBocker wrote:

Sounds like it's a pretty common thing for Gonzaga's top players to do. Sabonis and a few others took the same path. It's not a big deal for me. The scrimmages are the biggest thing for me and the he top players skip those. I'm more worried about our rumored interest in Cam Reddish

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Cartman718

5/11/2019  6:08 PM
Rumored interest is like the rumor that trump is human.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/13/2019  1:28 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Sounds like it's a pretty common thing for Gonzaga's top players to do. Sabonis and a few others took the same path. It's not a big deal for me. The scrimmages are the biggest thing for me and the he top players skip those. I'm more worried about our rumored interest in Cam Reddish

Oh god. Please no.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/13/2019  1:36 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Oh god. Please no.

"And, with the fifth pick the New York Knicks select... Cam Reddish!"

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/13/2019  4:06 PM
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Oh god. Please no.

we'd need a mental health triage site identified in advance to deal with that catastrophe. i'd suggest stout on w 33 stocked with appropriate medical supplies (don julio, woodford reserve, glenlivet, etc. . . .)

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/13/2019  4:39 PM
Marv wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Oh god. Please no.

we'd need a mental health triage site identified in advance to deal with that catastrophe. i'd suggest stout on w 33 stocked with appropriate medical supplies (don julio, woodford reserve, glenlivet, etc. . . .)

It’s Ewing I feel sorry for- having to grin and bare it, he’ll be hard pressed to top Mills reaction when we fell in the KP draft:

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/13/2019  4:45 PM
mills' thought bubble . . . "damn and we HAD okafer . . . ."
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/14/2019  5:07 PM
Oakley should be our representative. Silver or whoever is up on the stage representing NBA would fear for his life if we didn't get #1
(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/14/2019  5:30 PM
Chandler wrote:Oakley should be our representative. Silver or whoever is up on the stage representing NBA would fear for his life if we didn't get #1

That is awesome!!!!!
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

5/14/2019  7:19 PM
Marv wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Oh god. Please no.

Watching the Giants draft has really scared me of what's to come.

Hopefully the Knicks go with best available and stay away from out of the box picks like a Reddish at a 2 or 3 spot. Don.t see why they would. If we fall to 4 or 5 then there is not much separation in the talent level. Would not mind if they traded it for multiple picks or a chance to get Davis.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
5/14/2019  8:23 PM
Liked hearing Adam Silver bring up the idea of changing the NBA season from just 82 games and playoffs and looking at European Soccer with mid-season cups (something I've been wanting for a while), and saying maybe a play-in (would that be for the playoffs?).
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy