4/11/2019  4:21 PM
martin wrote:

Is he even allowed to?

Friendship and business don’t mix.
ccch
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3876

4/11/2019  5:35 PM
It's over, but how can you rationally explain this. We are one of the biggest markets in the league and we finish with the worse record...can't believe it. Something has got to change.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/11/2019  10:32 PM
ccch wrote:It's over, but how can you rationally explain this. We are one of the biggest markets in the league and we finish with the worse record...can't believe it. Something has got to change.

The team is rebuilding. The rational explanation is that the team was horribly mismanaged by a former player and hof coach for three plus years. Seven first round picks over the next five years, cap room for 2 max players and one of the youngest teams in the nba to me means this is not the same old Knicks. This offseason is going to be huge for Perry/Mills. If they don’t land the Ks I think they use the cap space to take on bad contracts and acquire assets. Maybe they sign some high character vets like DEAndre to one year deals.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 106
Member: #2
USA
4/11/2019  10:40 PM
The Rangers did jump from #6 to #2 to land a generational player, they had a 7.8% chance at the second pick.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/12/2019  3:03 AM
martin wrote:The Rangers did jump from #6 to #2 to land a generational player, they had a 7.8% chance at the second pick.

I'm so anxious about May 14th, it's the most important date for us, more important than what happens in free agency. If we land the 1st or 2nd and luck out in free agency we're still good.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/13/2019  9:56 AM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:The Rangers did jump from #6 to #2 to land a generational player, they had a 7.8% chance at the second pick.

I'm so anxious about May 14th, it's the most important date for us, more important than what happens in free agency. If we land the 1st or 2nd and luck out in free agency we're still good.

I would like to see the mindset of a true "process", not letting a roll of the dice -- or bounce of a ping pong ball -- affect a solid rebuilding vision that isn't tailored to the bipolar fan base or media piranhas. Unlikely I know, but I just can't have my happiness -- even just as a Knick fan -- be contingent on getting Zion or Morant. Especially since we most likely won't.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/13/2019  10:25 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I would like to see the mindset of a true "process", not letting a roll of the dice -- or bounce of a ping pong ball -- affect a solid rebuilding vision that isn't tailored to the bipolar fan base or media piranhas. Unlikely I know, but I just can't have my happiness -- even just as a Knick fan -- be contingent on getting Zion or Morant. Especially since we most likely won't.

I think that part of the true process is what scouting to get Mitch and Zo was. I think part of the true process is acquiring assets like 7 first round picks in 5 years. Having assets and tremendous cap flexibility is a part of the process. I think committing to a rebuild, having the youngest team in the league and ending up with a chance at a franchise cornerstone player in the lottery is a part of the process. Having the worst record to guarantee a top 5 pick is a part of the process that has been happening. This isn't the same old Knicks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

4/13/2019  4:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I think that part of the true process is what scouting to get Mitch and Zo was. I think part of the true process is acquiring assets like 7 first round picks in 5 years. Having assets and tremendous cap flexibility is a part of the process. I think committing to a rebuild, having the youngest team in the league and ending up with a chance at a franchise cornerstone player in the lottery is a part of the process. Having the worst record to guarantee a top 5 pick is a part of the process that has been happening. This isn't the same old Knicks.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/13/2019  7:50 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

We agree.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 151
Member: #508
USA
4/14/2019  8:14 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Well said.
THe process is you have the 5th or better. The tank was largely in part getting reps to the yoot.
You create more opportunity by having yoot grow up or out. More opportunity to draft Zion even if its not the odds of the past.
Control KP rather than be controlled.
Pull Zo and Mitch from nowhere.
Able to sustain forward growth even is a pick does not pan out. Denver whiffed on Mudiay and finished a 2nd seed out west. They and Portland traded centers that improved both teams. Some trades are Win-win.

This is not the same old knicks.

You don't show a fool a job half done!
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/14/2019  9:04 AM
Anyone who has followed Bol Bol prior to his injury. Would he be able to play PF or is he a pure Center?
"Yo I'm a Knick!! Whhhaat" - RJ Barrett
VCoug
Member: #1406

4/14/2019  11:11 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:Anyone who has followed Bol Bol prior to his injury. Would he be able to play PF or is he a pure Center?

I don't think he's quick enough to defend PF, probably a pure center at least defensively. Offensively, he could probably play either position.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Nalod
USA
4/14/2019  3:51 PM
Bol BOl’s build just raises too many questions for me.
Could not make half a college season. Does he come out for the draft or stay in school and get his body right to prove otherwise.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
4/14/2019  4:44 PM
So I was just thinking how throughout these draft discussions that I’ve never really considered what it might be like if we actually got Zion. I’ve been considering the 85%+ odds that we pick 2-5.

But if we were somehow fortunate to get #1, wow... how it’d transform the organization. How he’s fit alongside our players. How there did be no logical reason why we’d toy with bringing Hezonja back. Another unicorn. And the perfect trade bait for Anthony Davis if that’s the route we choose to explore.

Kevin Dolorico | "That was two, two from the heart." - John Starks
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 48
Member: #542
USA
4/14/2019  5:39 PM
Nalod wrote:Bol BOl’s build just raises too many questions for me.
Could not make half a college season. Does he come out for the draft or stay in school and get his body right to prove otherwise.

He was unbelievably slow before he got hurt.

Friendship and business don’t mix.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 472
Member: #377
USA
4/15/2019  11:58 AM
VCoug wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Anyone who has followed Bol Bol prior to his injury. Would he be able to play PF or is he a pure Center?
I don't think he's quick enough to defend PF, probably a pure center at least defensively. Offensively, he could probably play either position.
He is like a taller Thon Maker.
martin
Alba Posts: 106
Member: #2
USA
4/15/2019  12:32 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Taller, skinnier, more injury prone, more skilled Thon Maker

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
4/15/2019  1:57 PM
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Taller, skinnier, more injury prone, more skilled Thon Maker

Agree, He is his dad but a better athlete and far more fundamentals.
Translate to the NBA? I did not see that. But im not an expert.

Nalod
USA
4/15/2019  1:59 PM
Cam Reddish declared.
Be ready to boo. Nalod not convinced he is as bad as some of you say.
He'll be process and evaluated. Always interesting.
The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.