Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/13/2019  10:25 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:The Rangers did jump from #6 to #2 to land a generational player, they had a 7.8% chance at the second pick.

I'm so anxious about May 14th, it's the most important date for us, more important than what happens in free agency. If we land the 1st or 2nd and luck out in free agency we're still good.

I would like to see the mindset of a true "process", not letting a roll of the dice -- or bounce of a ping pong ball -- affect a solid rebuilding vision that isn't tailored to the bipolar fan base or media piranhas. Unlikely I know, but I just can't have my happiness -- even just as a Knick fan -- be contingent on getting Zion or Morant. Especially since we most likely won't.

I think that part of the true process is what scouting to get Mitch and Zo was. I think part of the true process is acquiring assets like 7 first round picks in 5 years. Having assets and tremendous cap flexibility is a part of the process. I think committing to a rebuild, having the youngest team in the league and ending up with a chance at a franchise cornerstone player in the lottery is a part of the process. Having the worst record to guarantee a top 5 pick is a part of the process that has been happening. This isn't the same old Knicks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

4/13/2019  4:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:The Rangers did jump from #6 to #2 to land a generational player, they had a 7.8% chance at the second pick.

I'm so anxious about May 14th, it's the most important date for us, more important than what happens in free agency. If we land the 1st or 2nd and luck out in free agency we're still good.

I would like to see the mindset of a true "process", not letting a roll of the dice -- or bounce of a ping pong ball -- affect a solid rebuilding vision that isn't tailored to the bipolar fan base or media piranhas. Unlikely I know, but I just can't have my happiness -- even just as a Knick fan -- be contingent on getting Zion or Morant. Especially since we most likely won't.

I think that part of the true process is what scouting to get Mitch and Zo was. I think part of the true process is acquiring assets like 7 first round picks in 5 years. Having assets and tremendous cap flexibility is a part of the process. I think committing to a rebuild, having the youngest team in the league and ending up with a chance at a franchise cornerstone player in the lottery is a part of the process. Having the worst record to guarantee a top 5 pick is a part of the process that has been happening. This isn't the same old Knicks.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/13/2019  7:50 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

We agree.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/14/2019  8:14 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Well said.
THe process is you have the 5th or better. The tank was largely in part getting reps to the yoot.
You create more opportunity by having yoot grow up or out. More opportunity to draft Zion even if its not the odds of the past.
Control KP rather than be controlled.
Pull Zo and Mitch from nowhere.
Able to sustain forward growth even is a pick does not pan out. Denver whiffed on Mudiay and finished a 2nd seed out west. They and Portland traded centers that improved both teams. Some trades are Win-win.

This is not the same old knicks.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/14/2019  9:04 AM
Anyone who has followed Bol Bol prior to his injury. Would he be able to play PF or is he a pure Center?
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
VCoug
Member: #1406

4/14/2019  11:11 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:Anyone who has followed Bol Bol prior to his injury. Would he be able to play PF or is he a pure Center?

I don't think he's quick enough to defend PF, probably a pure center at least defensively. Offensively, he could probably play either position.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Nalod
USA
4/14/2019  3:51 PM
Bol BOl’s build just raises too many questions for me.
Could not make half a college season. Does he come out for the draft or stay in school and get his body right to prove otherwise.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
4/14/2019  4:44 PM
So I was just thinking how throughout these draft discussions that I’ve never really considered what it might be like if we actually got Zion. I’ve been considering the 85%+ odds that we pick 2-5.

But if we were somehow fortunate to get #1, wow... how it’d transform the organization. How he’s fit alongside our players. How there did be no logical reason why we’d toy with bringing Hezonja back. Another unicorn. And the perfect trade bait for Anthony Davis if that’s the route we choose to explore.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/14/2019  5:39 PM
Nalod wrote:Bol BOl’s build just raises too many questions for me.
Could not make half a college season. Does he come out for the draft or stay in school and get his body right to prove otherwise.

He was unbelievably slow before he got hurt.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/15/2019  11:58 AM
VCoug wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Anyone who has followed Bol Bol prior to his injury. Would he be able to play PF or is he a pure Center?
I don't think he's quick enough to defend PF, probably a pure center at least defensively. Offensively, he could probably play either position.
He is like a taller Thon Maker.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/15/2019  12:32 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Taller, skinnier, more injury prone, more skilled Thon Maker

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
4/15/2019  1:57 PM
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Taller, skinnier, more injury prone, more skilled Thon Maker

Agree, He is his dad but a better athlete and far more fundamentals.
Translate to the NBA? I did not see that. But im not an expert.

Nalod
USA
4/15/2019  1:59 PM
Cam Reddish declared.
Be ready to boo. Nalod not convinced he is as bad as some of you say.
He'll be process and evaluated. Always interesting.
Nalod
USA
4/15/2019  2:08 PM
smackeddog wrote:Crazy that the Celtics could have 4 first round picks in this draft

it is and Ainge has been good at making deals. What in gods name do you do with 4 picks?
Make trades. Frank as a celtic. UGGGGH!!! Watch him blossom in Celtic Green would make me sick.
He has time to decide on Jaylen Brown. Rozier is restricted FA.
Ainge has done a good job with rookie scale contracts then moving on. With picks and talent they should make a compelling trade for AD but if Knicks need Franks cap space they could see him as having more upside to Marcus Smart down the road. Ainge knows what he is doing. Don't always work but he has a process.

CrushAlot
USA
4/16/2019  3:05 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Crazy that the Celtics could have 4 first round picks in this draft

it is and Ainge has been good at making deals. What in gods name do you do with 4 picks?
Make trades. Frank as a celtic. UGGGGH!!! Watch him blossom in Celtic Green would make me sick.
Ainge has done a good job with rookie scale contracts then moving on. With picks and talent they should make a compelling trade for AD but if Knicks need Franks cap space they could see him as having more upside to Marcus Smart down the road. Ainge knows what he is doing. Don't always work but he has a process.

Maybe if Frank had Smart’s heart the Knicks would never look to trade him for cap space. I don’t see Frank or many nba players developing the heart and tenacity Smart plays with. If Frank has that he might be the best prospect in his draft class.
Nalod
USA
4/16/2019  4:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Maybe if Frank had Smart’s heart the Knicks would never look to trade him for cap space. I don’t see Frank or many nba players developing the heart and tenacity Smart plays with. If Frank has that he might be the best prospect in his draft class.

Can we really call Frank's lack of progress "Heart"? I mean we really don't know the guy. WE read of his high work ethic and its not like he does not try.
He does not preen or scream when makes a good play, but that does not mean he does not care. Playing defense requires heart. Steals require heart.
While I might be a fan boy of him to my eye his ego/confidence is not strong and he looks physically immature still. I have said this before that in person Knox and Frank look very much like teenagers. A good progression in his rookie season he played 78 games, this past he was beset with injuries. A bad shoulder would effect shooting.
Excuse or a reason? I don't know. Smart is a beast. He played 2 years in college and was a tank coming out of school.

JesseDark
Member: #467
4/16/2019  6:39 PM
Who do you like if we get the 5th pick? I would like Jarrett Culver the SG out of Texas Tech.
Bring back dee-fense
Cartman718
Member: #1694

4/16/2019  9:54 PM
JesseDark wrote:Who do you like if we get the 5th pick? I would like Jarrett Culver the SG out of Texas Tech.

hell no...5th pick... I am absolutely trading down to get Cam Johnson

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/17/2019  10:52 AM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Can we really call Frank's lack of progress "Heart"? I mean we really don't know the guy. WE read of his high work ethic and its not like he does not try.
He does not preen or scream when makes a good play, but that does not mean he does not care. Playing defense requires heart. Steals require heart.
While I might be a fan boy of him to my eye his ego/confidence is not strong and he looks physically immature still. I have said this before that in person Knox and Frank look very much like teenagers. A good progression in his rookie season he played 78 games, this past he was beset with injuries. A bad shoulder would effect shooting.
Excuse or a reason? I don't know. Smart is a beast. He played 2 years in college and was a tank coming out of school.

I wouldn't question Frank's heart; I would question Fizz's brain

Look at Celtics. They know Smart has limited offense. He's a good interior passer and a tenacious defender and they roll with that, even though Smart can sometime otherwise get them in trouble with his shots and his temper(a bit of Ron Artest)

We on the other hand crushed Franks confidence and took away his one strength moving him off of defending the point where he has a huge advantage and instead put him on 2s and 3s. He'll now end up on some team like San Antonio or Pacers and make us look foolish while we flounder around with Mudiay, DSJ and god knows who else

(5)(5)
CrushAlot
USA
4/17/2019  11:07 AM
Chandler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I wouldn't question Frank's heart; I would question Fizz's brain

Look at Celtics. They know Smart has limited offense. He's a good interior passer and a tenacious defender and they roll with that, even though Smart can sometime otherwise get them in trouble with his shots and his temper(a bit of Ron Artest)

We on the other hand crushed Franks confidence and took away his one strength moving him off of defending the point where he has a huge advantage and instead put him on 2s and 3s. He'll now end up on some team like San Antonio or Pacers and make us look foolish while we flounder around with Mudiay, DSJ and god knows who else

There were concerns about Frank's confidence in scouting reports prior to the draft. It also was suggested that if Frank's eventual position was going to be point guard he needed to get minutes on the ball in the g league because he had played primarily off the ball. I don't think this is a case of Knicks dumb Spurs smart. If you want to make the case that the Knicks should have sent Frank to the g league for a significant amount of time to improve his point guard play and that not doing it hurt his development I could get behind that.
The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy