The 2019 Draft
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/9/2019  6:07 PM
fishmike wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Jarrett Culver is sucking bad. After having a 5 of 19 game recently, he's now 0 for 6 in the first half. No thanks, do not need another THJr shooting clone
his last two games were REALLY disappointing on offense. Still a great defensive player but Hunter really established himself as a tier above Culver IMO

I get the hype. We love NCAA hype. He'll be vetted out. measured, weighted and worked out.
Same for Reddish, Barret, Langford, Morant.
That Virginia team was big, could shoot, played defense and are the champs!!!
Reddish had some big shots, defense and rebounds in the season. Zions shadow blocked out the sun.
Time will tell. We'll have no worse than 5th. Someone will make a mistake, hope its not us!!!

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/9/2019  6:20 PM
fishmike wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Jarrett Culver is sucking bad. After having a 5 of 19 game recently, he's now 0 for 6 in the first half. No thanks, do not need another THJr shooting clone
his last two games were REALLY disappointing on offense. Still a great defensive player but Hunter really established himself as a tier above Culver IMO
Yeah. I don’t watch much college ball before the tournament. I have been hearing guys rave about Cukver but he did not have a good tournament. I have to think his stock dropped a bit.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/9/2019  6:41 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Yeah. I don’t watch much college ball before the tournament. I have been hearing guys rave about Cukver but he did not have a good tournament. I have to think his stock dropped a bit.

no, I thought Culver had a good tournament but just sort of lousy at the end. Culver was a 3* recruit. He struggled against athletes. I do not want to crush Culver but I would never draft him unless he fell to the second, which I don't think has a chance in hell of happening

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/9/2019  10:14 PM
Nalod wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I get the hype. We love NCAA hype. He'll be vetted out. measured, weighted and worked out.
Reddish had some big shots, defense and rebounds in the season. Zions shadow blocked out the sun.
Time will tell. We'll have no worse than 5th. Someone will make a mistake, hope its not us!!!

There will be be more shuffling up to the draft.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/10/2019  9:13 AM
Nalod wrote:
fishmike wrote:

If the Knicks draft Reddish at 5, I’ll have trust in their decision but that would still be a super scary pick to make.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Allanfan20
USA
4/10/2019  9:21 AM
Apparently Reddish was courtside at the Lakers game the other night, with Rich Paul. I’m honestly kind of hoping Reddish, for his own sake, refrains from signing any agent and stays another season at Duke. His game needs A LOT of fine tuning.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/10/2019  11:25 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:Apparently Reddish was courtside at the Lakers game the other night, with Rich Paul. I’m honestly kind of hoping Reddish, for his own sake, refrains from signing any agent and stays another season at Duke. His game needs A LOT of fine tuning.

look at it from his prospective: fine tuning for a year (with a decent chance at slipping or getting hurt or getting really exposed) or guaranteed millions over 3+ years. Frank has been painfully awful over the past year and still will net ~$12M over his first 3 years.

I am sure he would fine tune his bank account just like the rest of us

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/10/2019  11:59 AM
martin wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:Apparently Reddish was courtside at the Lakers game the other night, with Rich Paul. I’m honestly kind of hoping Reddish, for his own sake, refrains from signing any agent and stays another season at Duke. His game needs A LOT of fine tuning.

look at it from his prospective: fine tuning for a year (with a decent chance at slipping or getting hurt or getting really exposed) or guaranteed millions over 3+ years. Frank has been painfully awful over the past year and still will net ~$12M over his first 3 years.

I'm with you... if I could have got that type of paid internship I woulda dropped out of college ASAP

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Allanfan20
USA
4/10/2019  2:27 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

I'm with you... if I could have got that type of paid internship I woulda dropped out of college ASAP

I get that part but if he scares NBA teams the way he scares some of us, then do you think it’s possible he ends up slipping to the second round the way Carlos Boozer did? That seems unlikely but still possible. He takes the risk of entering the draft this year possibly slipping to a pretty low position and losing a lot of money. Or he stays at Duke, has a chance to become the man for a season, with a more seasoned Tre Jones by his side, and raise his stock.

Slipping and falling and getting hurt is always a risk.

VCoug
Member: #1406

4/10/2019  10:52 PM

There's no chance he stays at Duke and he shouldn't. He's a terrible draft prospect and if the Knicks draft him I'll be ****ing livid but the combination of his HS hype and this being a terrible draft means he's going to get picked top 10 or even top 5. If he goes back to school and has another season like this past one his draft stock is going to ****ing tank.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

4/11/2019  9:03 AM
VCoug wrote:

There's no chance he stays at Duke and he shouldn't. He's a terrible draft prospect and if the Knicks draft him I'll be ****ing livid but the combination of his HS hype and this being a terrible draft means he's going to get picked top 10 or even top 5. If he goes back to school and has another season like this past one his draft stock is going to ****ing tank.

Think Reddish represents most of the class this year. Guys that just don't have anything special yet some see "blind potential. I am hoping they trade the pick. Other than Zion amd Barrett, dont see anyone worth a top 5 pick. And if anyone thinks we are getting the top pick with just 14% chance, they dont know the Knicks.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
USA
4/11/2019  1:08 PM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/11/2019  1:24 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Think Reddish represents most of the class this year. Guys that just don't have anything special yet some see "blind potential. I am hoping they trade the pick. Other than Zion amd Barrett, dont see anyone worth a top 5 pick. And if anyone thinks we are getting the top pick with just 14% chance, they dont know the Knicks.

Trading the pick is tough because you just don't know what free agency brings. I'd say yes to a trade that stabilizes the roster for two max players but the draft comes before free agency. Zion is a no brainer. After that it gets more thought provoking. There are cap considerations too. Move Frank frees up 5 mil but for what? Not if you bring back salary.
The pick and frank could yield a nice player of starting quality but how does it get done unless you know for sure who's coming.

Anyone have any proposals than the open concept of "Nobody interests me but it will interest another team to make a deal"?

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/11/2019  4:15 PM
Crazy that the Celtics could have 4 first round picks in this draft
Allanfan20
USA
4/11/2019  4:21 PM
martin wrote:

Is he even allowed to?

ccch
Member: #3876

4/11/2019  5:35 PM
It's over, but how can you rationally explain this. We are one of the biggest markets in the league and we finish with the worse record...can't believe it. Something has got to change.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/11/2019  10:32 PM
ccch wrote:It's over, but how can you rationally explain this. We are one of the biggest markets in the league and we finish with the worse record...can't believe it. Something has got to change.

The team is rebuilding. The rational explanation is that the team was horribly mismanaged by a former player and hof coach for three plus years. Seven first round picks over the next five years, cap room for 2 max players and one of the youngest teams in the nba to me means this is not the same old Knicks. This offseason is going to be huge for Perry/Mills. If they don’t land the Ks I think they use the cap space to take on bad contracts and acquire assets. Maybe they sign some high character vets like DEAndre to one year deals.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
USA
4/11/2019  10:40 PM
The Rangers did jump from #6 to #2 to land a generational player, they had a 7.8% chance at the second pick.
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/12/2019  3:03 AM
martin wrote:The Rangers did jump from #6 to #2 to land a generational player, they had a 7.8% chance at the second pick.

I'm so anxious about May 14th, it's the most important date for us, more important than what happens in free agency. If we land the 1st or 2nd and luck out in free agency we're still good.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/13/2019  9:56 AM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:The Rangers did jump from #6 to #2 to land a generational player, they had a 7.8% chance at the second pick.

I'm so anxious about May 14th, it's the most important date for us, more important than what happens in free agency. If we land the 1st or 2nd and luck out in free agency we're still good.

I would like to see the mindset of a true "process", not letting a roll of the dice -- or bounce of a ping pong ball -- affect a solid rebuilding vision that isn't tailored to the bipolar fan base or media piranhas. Unlikely I know, but I just can't have my happiness -- even just as a Knick fan -- be contingent on getting Zion or Morant. Especially since we most likely won't.

The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy