Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/22/2019  11:47 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:The march madness hype machine is influential to fans but the body of work, measurments, metrics weigh heavy and STILL the best evaluations are not 100%!

Zion performance in the acc was the clinch. A bad game derail that? Not really. A bad game which confirms metrics that had him NOT being no. 1 PRIOR would be part of the 30 teams who are looking at him. Ok, Maybe 10 teams because some might consider to trade up. They should consider it every year. Its what they do.

Morant had a great game. His team won and they shot the ball great.
The triple was born from his team hitting shots, him getting rebounds. Because they shoot a lot from the outside some were long rebounds. IM not taking anything away from him that was not already in place. MY take is he is a top 5 player. The other three are Barrett and perhaps Culver. No. 5 a bit cloudy.

Im not buying hype because I won't get upset when a 19 year old rookie is inconsistent or not up to hyped expectations.
The summerleague Knox lovefest messed with Knick fans.

Forget his assists....he had 16 rebounds and had 2 great passes out of the paint that only the elite point guards are able to make in traffic
Also...he has had 18 assist game....that's not a coincidence

Don't get me wrong, he has Been top 5 for a few months now. The big sample has been impressive.
I'm not a hype guy.

Not a hype thing. The things he does at his size are not hype. It's like the Zion blocks at 3 point line or being able to deflate the ball or go 9 for 9....these are facts not hype.

Hype would be RJ Barrett scoring the most points this season well that's because he's playing the paint and PG role all the time and somehow that's deserving of #2 overall. In the nba he's not gonna have the ball in his hands all the time. That would be the PG.

Dude, Ive been impressed with him for a while, Thats my point, one game did not sway me.
Nalod does not commit to a player early. Not before the season is done and not before I know our pick position.
and thus won’t freak out when Reddish is the pick at 4.

AUTOADVERT
NotInMyHouse
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6433

3/23/2019  1:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/23/2019  1:51 PM
Watching tape of Ja, that kid's going to be a star. He has a gift when it comes to finding the open man (and coupled with his athleticism, wow). When you really watch him play, it seems like he visually knows where people are and where they are moving to. Too many of his great passes are made and I can't think of anything else as to how. TO's a problem, but that can be cleaned up, especially with better spacing.

Defensively he is clearly lacking, but at least he has the ability there. He is just carrying his team (expending so much on offense). Not making excuses, I want defense. He is no Trae Young there.
I'm not all that worried about his shot.
He's got heart and I'm not too sure about some of the others in the top 5 there, cough Cam cough.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/23/2019  7:12 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:Watching tape of Ja, that kid's going to be a star. He has a gift when it comes to finding the open man (and coupled with his athleticism, wow). When you really watch him play, it seems like he visually knows where people are and where they are moving to. Too many of his great passes are made and I can't think of anything else as to how. TO's a problem, but that can be cleaned up, especially with better spacing.

Defensively he is clearly lacking, but at least he has the ability there. He is just carrying his team (expending so much on offense). Not making excuses, I want defense. He is no Trae Young there.
I'm not all that worried about his shot.
He's got heart and I'm not too sure about some of the others in the top 5 there, cough Cam cough.

Bolded part exactly. If you look at stats since the Crimson Tide loss, Assist to TOs ration on average is definitely up!
In today's game, they are doing the same thing that they do in the NBA with Westbrook...let him shoot. He can't win the game by himself. This is really surprising to me because the Racers in general seem like a good passing team.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

3/23/2019  7:14 PM
Let me say that if Murray St pulls this game off somehow magically, the legend of Ja will grow real fast. He is intense, which is great. We need intense. Knox will be good, but doesn't look intense, same with Mitch, same with Dot. Trier seems intense. That fire inspires teammates.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

3/23/2019  8:11 PM
Morant's teammates were so bad today. They couldn't make a shot FSU's defense was good. At one point, FSU's bench points were 29 to Murray's 0. I would say Ja still made some amazing passes. He did get injured and tried to take over a little bit, which played very much into FSU's hands.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/23/2019  8:43 PM
The Stepien’s composite draft rankings are here. Probably the best draft site since draft express is gone. https://www.thestepien.com/2019-draft-rankings/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
3/23/2019  9:45 PM
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/24/2019  4:25 AM
Looking at this years rookie ladders, the 2018 Draft turned out to be really, really good:

1) Ayton
2) Bagely III (way better than the doubters claimed he'd be)
3) Doncic
4) Jaren jackson Jr
5) Trae Young
6) Bamba (only bust so far, but I think he can turn it around)
7) Carter Jr
8) Sexton (has really switched gears the past few weeks)
9) Knox
10) Mikal Bridges
11) SGA (doing well with the Clippers, and like Sexton seems to have turned it up lately)
12) Miles Bridges

14) Porter Jr (who knows)
19) Huerter
20) Josh Okogie
26) Shamet (Been playing great)

Then in the Second round:

Jalen Brunson
Mitch

Undrafted:
Trier

Seems like one of the deepest drafts in years. A shame we've ended up with the worst record in the year where the draft is the weakest in years AND they changed the odds!

smackeddog
3/24/2019  4:35 AM
I suspect our pick this year:

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/25/2019  11:11 AM
Aubrey Dawkins is nowhere to be found on any mock drafts. He gets my early vote for our second rounder.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/25/2019  11:39 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Wow...bad luck. I never had him rated as high as some guys, like the Stephen, but I thought he had the potential to be a rotation big. He wasn't too athletic to begin with and I can't imagine these series if injuries helping.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/25/2019  11:59 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:Aubrey Dawkins is nowhere to be found on any mock drafts. He gets my early vote for our second rounder.

He impressed the crap out of me. Kid can ball. He is is redshirt Junior. Is he declaring for the draft? Tacko Fall is another that I don't see in any mock drafts. BJ Taylor is another. Johnny Dawkins is a good coach.

SupremeCommander

3/25/2019  12:46 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:Aubrey Dawkins is nowhere to be found on any mock drafts. He gets my early vote for our second rounder.

He impressed the crap out of me. Kid can ball. He is is redshirt Junior. Is he declaring for the draft? Tacko Fall is another that I don't see in any mock drafts. BJ Taylor is another. Johnny Dawkins is a good coach.

I think he has fallen through the cracks because he's an upperclassmen at UCF. He was at Michigan though. Who wouldn't want to play for their dad? Having just lost mine I get it. Aubrey can ball though. I bet he ends up as this year's Brunson

BigDaddyG

3/25/2019  2:06 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I think he has fallen through the cracks because he's an upperclassmen at UCF. He was at Michigan though. Who wouldn't want to play for their dad? Having just lost mine I get it. Aubrey can ball though. I bet he ends up as this year's Brunson

I don't think he's fallen through the cracks because he's at UCF, but because he's already 24. I don't think many teams are willing to invest a pick on a prospect that old, even if he was dominating. I'm sure some team will scoop him up after the draft.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SupremeCommander

3/25/2019  4:57 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I don't think he's fallen through the cracks because he's at UCF, but because he's already 24. I don't think many teams are willing to invest a pick on a prospect that old, even if he was dominating. I'm sure some team will scoop him up after the draft.

I get what you're saying but Toney Douglas was 23 (I believe) when he was drafted in the first round... I understand teams don't want to put significant resources for an 'older' player, but a late second is not that. just draft someone who can play at that point

CrushAlot
USA
3/25/2019  6:15 PM
smackeddog wrote:Looking at this years rookie ladders, the 2018 Draft turned out to be really, really good:

1) Ayton
3) Doncic
4) Jaren jackson Jr
5) Trae Young
7) Carter Jr
9) Knox
10) Mikal Bridges
11) SGA (doing well with the Clippers, and like Sexton seems to have turned it up lately)
12) Miles Bridges

19) Huerter
20) Josh Okogie

Jalen Brunson
Mitch

Undrafted:
Trier

Seems like one of the deepest drafts in years. A shame we've ended up with the worst record in the year where the draft is the weakest in years AND they changed the odds!

Also, the kid the Nets got in the second round has been really good.
smackeddog
3/26/2019  6:07 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Looking at this years rookie ladders, the 2018 Draft turned out to be really, really good:

1) Ayton
3) Doncic
4) Jaren jackson Jr
5) Trae Young
7) Carter Jr
9) Knox
10) Mikal Bridges
12) Miles Bridges

19) Huerter
20) Josh Okogie

Jalen Brunson
Mitch

Undrafted:
Trier

Also, the kid the Nets got in the second round has been really good.

And to think this was billed as a weak-ish draft

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/26/2019  9:43 AM
Sometimes a "weak draft" is really a very even one where ranking is more an art and like always time will tell.
This Zion is head above the rest and thus the next tier is more even. Ja Morant is the obvious flavor for no. 2.
BigDaddyG

3/26/2019  1:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2019  1:44 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I get what you're saying but Toney Douglas was 23 (I believe) when he was drafted in the first round... I understand teams don't want to put significant resources for an 'older' player, but a late second is not that. just draft someone who can play at that point

Draft trends seem to change from year to year. There was a phase when upperclassmen like Doug McDermott were more desirable because they were seen as NBA ready. Then you look at the last draft and see a guy like Trier drop. There were a number of reasons why he dropped and age/upside was one of them.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/26/2019  4:14 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Draft trends seem to change from year to year. There was a phase when upperclassmen like Doug McDermott were more desirable because they were seen as NBA ready. Then you look at the last draft and see a guy like Trier drop. There were a number of reasons why he dropped and age/upside was one of them.

We all believe Mitchell Robinson would go first round in a redraft -- what about Trier?

The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy