[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2019 Draft
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
12/2/2018  2:27 PM
Gudris wrote:Why it is not real lottery with envelopes? Every team manager goes and picks up one envelope, no stupid balls etc

Because you can't weight percentages as specifically with envelopes, with balls you can attribute more precice odds

AUTOADVERT
Gudris
Member: #6213

12/2/2018  3:27 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:Why it is not real lottery with envelopes? Every team manager goes and picks up one envelope, no stupid balls etc

Because you can't weight percentages as specifically with envelopes, with balls you can attribute more precice odds

there should be no odds, just pure luck, go pick an envelope and see what you got

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/3/2018  10:08 AM
smackeddog wrote:

And the lottoball machine doesn't really care if you freeze some of the balls, so to speak....

Seriously, it should go back to the Ewing lottery format. Completely **** tanking! Fuck the process! Play the damn games!

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/4/2018  8:30 PM
smackeddog wrote:Every time I do the tankathon sim we fall 3 to 4 spots

http://www.tankathon.com

I did it the other day 3 times we picked 2nd 2nd and 1st
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

12/4/2018  8:32 PM
jrodmc wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

And the lottoball machine doesn't really care if you freeze some of the balls, so to speak....

Seriously, it should go back to the Ewing lottery format. Completely **** tanking! Fuck the process! Play the damn games!

They will wait till we have the best odds and they will switch it. I feel like the league has an anti-Knick agenda. The Knicks being bad is more important than us being good so they keep us down. Maybe I'm just paranoid

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/5/2018  9:18 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

They will wait till we have the best odds and they will switch it. I feel like the league has an anti-Knick agenda. The Knicks being bad is more important than us being good so they keep us down. Maybe I'm just paranoid

Yeah, maybe the league's still making us pay for winning the Ewing Draft.

But the league did step in and got us Walsh when the IT debacle hit it's zenith, so they don't completely want us down all the time...

Jmpasq

12/6/2018  7:53 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Yeah, maybe the league's still making us pay for winning the Ewing Draft.

But the league did step in and got us Walsh when the IT debacle hit it's zenith, so they don't completely want us down all the time...

In terms of sales I wonder if it matters if we are good or not. They rather see the young stars end up in Clevland to prop up the crappy markets.They will end up with the first pick again and we will add another mid to late lotto pick.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/6/2018  10:31 AM
Teams that draft habitually in the top 5 don't have a great track record because they either suck at it or the Draft is a treacherous place to be. But that's where you get your stars. Then you have to be patient.
Philly for all their shenanigans drafted Carter-Williams (ROY), Noel, Oka4, Embiid, Simmons and Fultz. they went 2 for 6. Might be fair to say but Jury still out on Fultz. As for Simmons he is a solid athlete that penetrates well. Shoots an avg 5 FT's makes 60%. Shoots over 50% but attempts no 3pt shot. He is 22 now and soon $$ time. Max him out? I don't know. Really he deserves Zach Lavine money. He is also a product of having good shooters around him. With Butler now the team is different. They should be good.
My point is Saric and Covington were not the lottery picks and they netted them Butler. Saric played a year over seasons before coming. Patience. Covington got better each year. Patience.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/6/2018  6:19 PM
Nalod wrote:Teams that draft habitually in the top 5 don't have a great track record because they either suck at it or the Draft is a treacherous place to be. But that's where you get your stars. Then you have to be patient.
Philly for all their shenanigans drafted Carter-Williams (ROY), Noel, Oka4, Embiid, Simmons and Fultz. they went 2 for 6. Might be fair to say but Jury still out on Fultz. As for Simmons he is a solid athlete that penetrates well. Shoots an avg 5 FT's makes 60%. Shoots over 50% but attempts no 3pt shot. He is 22 now and soon $$ time. Max him out? I don't know. Really he deserves Zach Lavine money. He is also a product of having good shooters around him. With Butler now the team is different. They should be good.
My point is Saric and Covington were not the lottery picks and they netted them Butler. Saric played a year over seasons before coming. Patience. Covington got better each year. Patience.

They also gonna have cap space for another 20+mil contract if they want. Though they most likely just retain JJ on a cheaper deal or get a cheaper option and target shooting forwards & bigs with their cap a wealth of assets. Guys like Bobby Portis, Marvin Williams, Mbah a Moute, Markieff Morris & Marcus Morris, Beverley, Ariza, Rudy Gay, Matthews.

Landed Zahire Smith, another possible lotto pick from the Suns, and Shamet looks real good as a rookie even with Fultz struggles.

They sacrificed many years loading up to get to this point. Now they are playing with house money.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/9/2018  3:08 AM
Nice night for lottery odds- Cavs & hawks win, as do nets (because they beat us). So:

1. Suns 4-22
2. Bulls 6-21
3. Hawks 6-20
4. Cavs 6-20
5. Knicks 8-19
6. Nets 10-18

Chandler
Member: #6197

12/10/2018  2:05 PM
smackeddog wrote:Nice night for lottery odds- Cavs & hawks win, as do nets (because they beat us). So:

1. Suns 4-22
2. Bulls 6-21
3. Hawks 6-20
4. Cavs 6-20
5. Knicks 8-19
6. Nets 10-18

it's so demoralizing to think we suck this bad and we're still only 5th worst. This may explain Hezonja starting. We should play him extended minutes if we want to climb this chart. Free Baker!!

(5)(5)
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

12/10/2018  5:36 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Nalod wrote:Teams that draft habitually in the top 5 don't have a great track record because they either suck at it or the Draft is a treacherous place to be. But that's where you get your stars. Then you have to be patient.

They also gonna have cap space for another 20+mil contract if they want. Though they most likely just retain JJ on a cheaper deal or get a cheaper option and target shooting forwards & bigs with their cap a wealth of assets. Guys like Bobby Portis, Marvin Williams, Mbah a Moute, Markieff Morris & Marcus Morris, Beverley, Ariza, Rudy Gay, Matthews.

Landed Zahire Smith, another possible lotto pick from the Suns, and Shamet looks real good as a rookie even with Fultz struggles.

They sacrificed many years loading up to get to this point. Now they are playing with house money.

Sun's GM giving up unprotected pick and Z-Smith for older M-Bridges pick should have been a fire-able offense --- gifted Philly what could be a GREAT draft pick.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/10/2018  6:40 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Sun's GM giving up unprotected pick and Z-Smith for older M-Bridges pick should have been a fire-able offense --- gifted Philly what could be a GREAT draft pick.

He did get fired.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

12/11/2018  11:15 AM
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Nice night for lottery odds- Cavs & hawks win, as do nets (because they beat us). So:

1. Suns 4-22
2. Bulls 6-21
3. Hawks 6-20
4. Cavs 6-20
5. Knicks 8-19
6. Nets 10-18

it's so demoralizing to think we suck this bad and we're still only 5th worst. This may explain Hezonja starting. We should play him extended minutes if we want to climb this chart. Free Baker!!

The good thing is the difference between 5 and 1 is 3% if I'm not mistaken. Since the lottery odds have changed the fact that the Knicks always win meaningless games in a lost season may not hurt them as much as it previously did.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

12/11/2018  4:36 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Mikal Bridges looks good. I liked him pre-draft. I still like him better than Knox now. The Miami 2021 pick is a risk, but odds are it won't be a high pick. Zhaire Smith, at this point, you hope he won't be attacked by poisonous snakes and bolts of lightning.

Scary to think the 76ers could have had Tatum and Bridges along with their core.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/11/2018  6:15 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
Chandler wrote:

1. Suns 4-22
2. Bulls 6-21
3. Hawks 6-20
4. Cavs 6-20
5. Knicks 8-19
6. Nets 10-18

The good thing is the difference between 5 and 1 is 3% if I'm not mistaken. Since the lottery odds have changed the fact that the Knicks always win meaningless games in a lost season may not hurt them as much as it previously did.

Well then we'll win enough games to end at 8th or 9th spot instead. Because we are the Knicks

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

12/12/2018  3:39 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Mikal Bridges looks good. I liked him pre-draft. I still like him better than Knox now. The Miami 2021 pick is a risk, but odds are it won't be a high pick. Zhaire Smith, at this point, you hope he won't be attacked by poisonous snakes and bolts of lightning.

Scary to think the 76ers could have had Tatum and Bridges along with their core.

I don't know -- Knox is a full 3 years younger than Mikal (19 vs 22).

Last 5 games with Mikal avg. more minutes on floor than Knox -- Knox is 39%/37%/56% - getting to line 3X per game, with 7 rbs, 2.2 assts and avg 15.6. Mikal 39%/33%/83% - getting to line 1 time per game, with 3.4 rebounds and avg. 10.6.

I see very little upside in Mikal's game / body --- don't hate the kid but sure feels like a pure 3&D guy to me given age & athleticism. Knox is like Bambi - once he fills out, starts taking 1 more dribble to finish at rack - with his off bounce versatility and stroke he is going to be a nightmare.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/13/2018  5:51 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I don't know -- Knox is a full 3 years younger than Mikal (19 vs 22).

Last 5 games with Mikal avg. more minutes on floor than Knox -- Knox is 39%/37%/56% - getting to line 3X per game, with 7 rbs, 2.2 assts and avg 15.6. Mikal 39%/33%/83% - getting to line 1 time per game, with 3.4 rebounds and avg. 10.6.

I see very little upside in Mikal's game / body --- don't hate the kid but sure feels like a pure 3&D guy to me given age & athleticism. Knox is like Bambi - once he fills out, starts taking 1 more dribble to finish at rack - with his off bounce versatility and stroke he is going to be a nightmare.

You see hints of what Knox can do...and he is not only young in years, but still physically immature.

I see a little Greek Freak in him when he has the ball. He's still like a runaway train, sometimes, but KK has a crazy upside.

I want to see a little more from him on D, buy I think he has the tools to play solid D when he gets some seasoning and his body hardens.

He was moving around without the ball quite well yesterday, especially the 1st quarter, something that is sorely lacking on the Knicks, for the most part.

Mikal was on my get list, as was Z. Smith, but we made the right choice taking Knox.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/14/2018  3:25 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/14/2018  7:22 PM
martin wrote:

this kid’s catching crazy props.

our best shot since lampe (btw tattooed on fish’s calf).

The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy