[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2019 Draft
Author Thread
magicTs
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5564

3/21/2019  6:43 PM
Morant is better than Westbrook was at the same age.
AUTOADVERT
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/21/2019  6:45 PM
Ja Moran is a beast, I’m sold his play is infectious he has the Jason Kidd vibe along with top athletic ability...
Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/21/2019  6:57 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:If the Knicks end up drafting Morant, signing Klay Thompson would be a glorious idea.

If we can sign Klay and KD...wow. WE WIN the FA just on that.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
magicTs
Member: #5564

3/21/2019  7:03 PM
Ja Morant is the 1st player in NCAA Tournament history with at least 15 points, 15 assists and 10 rebounds in a game.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/21/2019  7:03 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:If the Knicks end up drafting Morant, signing Klay Thompson would be a glorious idea.

If we can sign Klay and KD...wow. WE WIN the FA just on that.

Or Kawhi although KD would probably fot better.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Cartman718

3/21/2019  7:35 PM
Ja Morant looked great in today's game. Dude had a triple double. But let's be clear, he's looked good all season. There was that one game against Crimson Tide where he looked bad, did have a crazy dunk but also had 10 TOs. If you look at his games before that loss, he was kinda taking it easy. He got serious after that game, got his turnovers down, his assists up, and in each game he has done something great to help his team win. Either shot the ball really well, got to the line 8-9 times, or had double digit assists (18 assists in 1 game) and rebounds at a decent rate...not a triple double machine, but definitely can get there if he has the desire.

At first when I heard about him, I had thought dude is skinny as hell, how is his outside shooting blah blah but he has looked good...he pretty much puts anyone on skates (in college though) out there to take the shot that he wants.

Blistering 57% from 2 point range, has had 12+ assists games this season like 7-8 times. He will still be turnover prone in the NBA but I am not so concerned about that given his crazy assist numbers. Dude is athletic like Russ for sure.

He'd be a good consolation prize if we didn't get Zion.
Hope we can also snag Cameron Johnson if he falls. 46.5% from 3 point land. 54% overall shooting.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

3/21/2019  8:03 PM
For those of you like me who were not able to watch the full game...
VCoug
Member: #1406

3/21/2019  9:16 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Ja Morant looked great in today's game. Dude had a triple double. But let's be clear, he's looked good all season. There was that one game against Crimson Tide where he looked bad, did have a crazy dunk but also had 10 TOs. If you look at his games before that loss, he was kinda taking it easy. He got serious after that game, got his turnovers down, his assists up, and in each game he has done something great to help his team win. Either shot the ball really well, got to the line 8-9 times, or had double digit assists (18 assists in 1 game) and rebounds at a decent rate...not a triple double machine, but definitely can get there if he has the desire.

At first when I heard about him, I had thought dude is skinny as hell, how is his outside shooting blah blah but he has looked good...he pretty much puts anyone on skates (in college though) out there to take the shot that he wants.

Blistering 57% from 2 point range, has had 12+ assists games this season like 7-8 times. He will still be turnover prone in the NBA but I am not so concerned about that given his crazy assist numbers. Dude is athletic like Russ for sure.

Hope we can also snag Cameron Johnson if he falls. 46.5% from 3 point land. 54% overall shooting.

I'd definitely like to take a chance on Cam Johnson but it feels like in such a bad draft at least someone late in the 1st would take a chance on him before we pick again.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/21/2019  11:31 PM
Cartman718 wrote:For those of you like me who were not able to watch the full game...

thanks!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Cartman718

3/22/2019  12:06 AM
VCoug wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Ja Morant looked great in today's game. Dude had a triple double. But let's be clear, he's looked good all season. There was that one game against Crimson Tide where he looked bad, did have a crazy dunk but also had 10 TOs. If you look at his games before that loss, he was kinda taking it easy. He got serious after that game, got his turnovers down, his assists up, and in each game he has done something great to help his team win. Either shot the ball really well, got to the line 8-9 times, or had double digit assists (18 assists in 1 game) and rebounds at a decent rate...not a triple double machine, but definitely can get there if he has the desire.

I'd definitely like to take a chance on Cam Johnson but it feels like in such a bad draft at least someone late in the 1st would take a chance on him before we pick again.

DSJr + our 2nd rounder for Cam Johnson :)

Cartman718

3/22/2019  10:13 AM
Allanfan20
USA
3/22/2019  11:17 AM
Cartman718 wrote:

Only way Ja goes number one is if Zion plays like absolute trash tonight and Duke gets upset. I highly doubt that happens. I have Duke losing in the final 4 to Gonzaga but that’s hardly dissappinting.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/22/2019  11:28 AM
The march madness hype machine is influential to fans but the body of work, measurments, metrics weigh heavy and STILL the best evaluations are not 100%!

Zion performance in the acc was the clinch. A bad game derail that? Not really. A bad game which confirms metrics that had him NOT being no. 1 PRIOR would be part of the 30 teams who are looking at him. Ok, Maybe 10 teams because some might consider to trade up. They should consider it every year. Its what they do.

Morant had a great game. His team won and they shot the ball great.
The triple was born from his team hitting shots, him getting rebounds. Because they shoot a lot from the outside some were long rebounds. IM not taking anything away from him that was not already in place. MY take is he is a top 5 player. The other three are Barrett and perhaps Culver. No. 5 a bit cloudy.

Im not buying hype because I won't get upset when a 19 year old rookie is inconsistent or not up to hyped expectations.
The summerleague Knox lovefest messed with Knick fans.

Allanfan20
USA
3/22/2019  11:34 AM
Nalod wrote:The march madness hype machine is influential to fans but the body of work, measurments, metrics weigh heavy and STILL the best evaluations are not 100%!

Zion performance in the acc was the clinch. A bad game derail that? Not really. A bad game which confirms metrics that had him NOT being no. 1 PRIOR would be part of the 30 teams who are looking at him. Ok, Maybe 10 teams because some might consider to trade up. They should consider it every year. Its what they do.

The triple was born from his team hitting shots, him getting rebounds. Because they shoot a lot from the outside some were long rebounds. IM not taking anything away from him that was not already in place. MY take is he is a top 5 player. The other three are Barrett and perhaps Culver. No. 5 a bit cloudy.

Im not buying hype because I won't get upset when a 19 year old rookie is inconsistent or not up to hyped expectations.

Yeah, I had high expectations for Knox.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/22/2019  3:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/22/2019  3:11 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Ja Moran is a beast, I’m sold his play is infectious he has the Jason Kidd vibe along with top athletic ability...

Morant is absolutely awesome. Should be a star in the league. I'll make a hard push at KD and Middleton.

C Jordan/Robinson
F Knox
F Durant/Dotson
G Middleton/Trier
G Morant/Ntilikina

Move DSjr for another 1st rounder.

Cartman718

3/22/2019  9:04 PM
Nalod wrote:The march madness hype machine is influential to fans but the body of work, measurments, metrics weigh heavy and STILL the best evaluations are not 100%!

Forget his assists....he had 16 rebounds and had 2 great passes out of the paint that only the elite point guards are able to make in traffic
Also...he has had 18 assist game....that’s not a coincidence
Cartman718

3/22/2019  9:05 PM
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Ja Moran is a beast, I’m sold his play is infectious he has the Jason Kidd vibe along with top athletic ability...
Morant is absolutely awesome. Should be a star in the league. I'll make a hard push at KD and Middleton.

C Jordan/Robinson
F Knox
F Durant/Dotson
G Middleton/Trier
G Morant/Ntilikina

Move DSjr for another 1st rounder.

I’d rather have KD and Klay or KD and Kawhi or KD and Vucevic

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/22/2019  9:07 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

Forget his assists....he had 16 rebounds and had 2 great passes out of the paint that only the elite point guards are able to make in traffic
Also...he has had 18 assist game....that's not a coincidence

Don’t get me wrong, he has Been top 5 for a few months now. The big sample has been impressive.
I’m not a hype guy.
Cartman718

3/22/2019  9:16 PM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Also...he has had 18 assist game....that's not a coincidence

Don’t get me wrong, he has Been top 5 for a few months now. The big sample has been impressive.
I’m not a hype guy.

Not a hype thing. The things he does at his size are not hype. It’s like the Zion blocks at 3 point line or being able to deflate the ball or go 9 for 9....these are facts not hype.

Hype would be RJ Barrett scoring the most points this season well that’s because he’s playing the paint and PG role all the time and somehow that’s deserving of #2 overall. In the nba he’s not gonna have the ball in his hands all the time. That would be the PG.

Cartman718

3/22/2019  9:21 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

Also...he has had 18 assist game....that’s not a coincidence
Correction he had 16 assists 11 rebounds. 16 assists is still amazing could be triple double with 6 less assists. The last one was Draymond Green in 2012
The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy