USA
3/19/2019  9:50 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:SI dropping Barrett to 4th,and moving Ja Morant to 2nd and Culver to 3rd

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/03/13/nba-draft-big-board-2019-zion-williamson-ja-morant-rj-barrett-march-madness

Not surprised. Barrett's shooting percentage is terrible
I can still see Barrett turning into a star. His shooting will improve.
Is that how you feel about Frank DSJr Lance THJr etc as well?

what do any of those guys have to do with Barrett?

Yeah, I have zero clue why he brought up those players.

But sure, I’ll play:

Frank: I think he can be great and I think his shot can improve as well. He has all of the physical tools. His mentality is holding him back severely.

Dennis: He can also be great. He’s inconsistent though. He can improve his shot and he has that ability. If he does, the league should look out. I am pretty sure he has a history of character and work-ethic issues though. That can hold him back.

Lance: His game is what it is. I like him but he’s not improving significantly at this point.

Timmy: His game is what it is. He can be a nice piece coming off the bench for a good team. That might be how it is for Dallas at this time next season.

Barrett is big, athletic, left handed and from what I understand, has no character or work ethic issues. He has the ability to improve his shot and his defense. If he does, he’ll be a superstar that all of those guys you mentioned can’t dream of being besides Frank and that’s just based on potential.

i brought up those players because they all suck at shooting.

They do but they really don’t compare to RJ. I will say this: RJ does concern me and there is NOBODY in this draft, including Zion, that’s a sure thing. I just don’t see RJ NOT improving his shot at least enough for him to be much more of a threat. I don’t have his stats but the guy is basically pure money from 15 feet and in whenever I see him. It’s his 3s that kill his % because he hits most of everything else.

He needs work on his defense.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/19/2019  10:06 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:SI dropping Barrett to 4th,and moving Ja Morant to 2nd and Culver to 3rd

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/03/13/nba-draft-big-board-2019-zion-williamson-ja-morant-rj-barrett-march-madness

shooting is at a premium in this league now...you need to have it when you enter the league...the prospects who can improve their shooting enter the league at a dime a dozen...i.e not very deserving of second and third chances. Barrett is not even going to bully his way to the rim like Zion can or defend like he can. Why would he be deserving of #2?

no idea really, I don't pay attention to college much. Why would you ask that of me?

Every player has to adjust to the NBA.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/19/2019  2:06 PM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

shooting is at a premium in this league now...you need to have it when you enter the league...the prospects who can improve their shooting enter the league at a dime a dozen...i.e not very deserving of second and third chances. Barrett is not even going to bully his way to the rim like Zion can or defend like he can. Why would he be deserving of #2?

no idea really, I don't pay attention to college much. Why would you ask that of me?

It’s not a matter of deserving or not deserving. It’s called business. If he gets drafted at number 2, it’s because a team finds he is more beneficial to their team in the long and/or short term than any other player.

Being in the NBA is NOT a priviledge.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

3/20/2019  12:10 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

But sure, I’ll play:

Frank: I think he can be great and I think his shot can improve as well. He has all of the physical tools. His mentality is holding him back severely.

Dennis: He can also be great. He’s inconsistent though. He can improve his shot and he has that ability. If he does, the league should look out. I am pretty sure he has a history of character and work-ethic issues though. That can hold him back.

Lance: His game is what it is. I like him but he’s not improving significantly at this point.

Timmy: His game is what it is. He can be a nice piece coming off the bench for a good team. That might be how it is for Dallas at this time next season.

Barrett is big, athletic, left handed and from what I understand, has no character or work ethic issues. He has the ability to improve his shot and his defense. If he does, he’ll be a superstar that all of those guys you mentioned can’t dream of being besides Frank and that’s just based on potential.

They do but they really don’t compare to RJ. I will say this: RJ does concern me and there is NOBODY in this draft, including Zion, that’s a sure thing. I just don’t see RJ NOT improving his shot at least enough for him to be much more of a threat. I don’t have his stats but the guy is basically pure money from 15 feet and in whenever I see him. It’s his 3s that kill his % because he hits most of everything else.

My point is that if he's only marginally better than Knox then we need to trade the pick if we pick at #2.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

3/20/2019  12:13 AM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

lol why would I ask? Why would you ask me what that has to do with Barrett when one of the biggest knock on all those players i mentioned... should be pretty evident that what they have in common is their lack of shooting. the more I see barrett, the more I feel that he is not as deserving of #2. i would even put cameron johnson ahead of him.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

3/20/2019  12:20 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

But sure, I’ll play:

Do you have stats to backup that statement? He doesn't come across as money from 15 ft to me. And his 2 point FG% is not thanks to shooting as much as it is due to playing around the rim, something i do not see him doing in the N?A much. His frame is not as wide as Knox...I don't see him filling out the same way as Knox...just eye-test.

Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

3/20/2019  2:26 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

But sure, I’ll play:

Don't forget his anemic foul shooting too. That said, the only way he slips to #4 is if we get the 4th pick. He is driven to get better.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Allanfan20
USA
3/20/2019  7:45 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

But sure, I’ll play:

My point is that if he's only marginally better than Knox then we need to trade the pick if we pick at #2.

Their games are pretty different if you ask me. At least right now they are.

If teams see we don’t value anyone in the draft to the point we want to get rid of the number 2 pick, what kind of player or package do you exactly think we will be given back? My guess is not much, even if we include other players, in which case, we would end up getting fleeced.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/20/2019  8:19 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

But sure, I’ll play:

Their games are pretty different if you ask me. At least right now they are.

If teams see we don’t value anyone in the draft to the point we want to get rid of the number 2 pick, what kind of player or package do you exactly think we will be given back? My guess is not much, even if we include other players, in which case, we would end up getting fleeced.

Shush! Its our own secret! Don’t let that out. 29 their GM’s are not as smart as we are, we need to back channel this quietly to Perry so he can do this!

Also: If your unathletic, and your shooting % is good, then your a defensive liability.
If your white your only upside is other white players. If your good defensively your a liability on offense. If your pass first, you can’t create your own shot, if your a rim protector, you have no outside game, also no handle. If you have handle, your a high volume shooter. If your big and strong, you’ll get fat, if your skinny and long, you’ll get outmanned in the NBA.
Us doubting fans got it all figured out.

Allanfan20
USA
3/20/2019  10:19 AM
LeBron recently posted this great tweet about Zion Williamson......

Oh wait, I meant Larry Johnson.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/20/2019  2:19 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:LeBron recently posted this great tweet about Zion Williamson......

Right! maybe Zion is secretly one of Larry’s unknown children.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/20/2019  2:23 PM
Tacko Fall is my second round pick for the Knicks. At his hight he already positively effects your team just by taking up that much space of the floor.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

3/20/2019  4:41 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:LeBron recently posted this great tweet about Zion Williamson......

This reminds how good LJ was before his back gave out

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

3/20/2019  4:44 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Tacko Fall is my second round pick for the Knicks. At his hight he already positively effects your team just by taking up that much space of the floor.

This guy is slow as hell

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/21/2019  2:08 PM
I've warmed a lot to Barrett and also Ja Morant. Too bad we'll end up with the 4th or 5th
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/21/2019  2:12 PM
And with the 5th pick, the new York Knicks select Jarrett Culver...
Allanfan20
USA
3/21/2019  5:09 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

But sure, I’ll play:

If we get pick 1 or 2, I’ll be doing cartwheels. Morant is a lot better than I thought.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/21/2019  5:44 PM
Morant looks great.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Allanfan20
USA
3/21/2019  6:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Morant looks great.

He’s showing flashes of Steve Nash.... except 5 million times more explosive. It helps that his teammates are knocking down 3s.

Allanfan20
USA
3/21/2019  6:29 PM
If the Knicks end up drafting Morant, signing Klay Thompson would be a glorious idea.
The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy