Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

2/11/2019  12:28 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Lol, I was just coming here to post this. Dude is so ****ing good.

That is unreal. Reminds me of Vince Carter in college. Yeah, that extra weight is slowing him down, lol.

But you generally don't become more athletic as you age. The extra weight may not be a problem at 19, may be a different story at 29. He definitely has to stay on top of it. A laundry list of overweight players who couldn't stay in the league long due to weight issues. But if we get a great 10 years from him who would care anyway?
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/11/2019  12:44 PM
This kid look fat?

Take away the stupid flying tricks and keep him a bit more grounded.
So he can't hit an outside shot like Curry. Lebron couldn't either.
But what can this kid do to open up an outside game? you iso him he can beat you to a pulp in many ways. We have a ceiling on his outside game at 19?
The weight? Those legs look like they are engineered different than any highflier at 19. Vince, Jordan, Antoine, were all skinny leapers. Im thinking what does he evolve into over 10 years?
I don't know.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/11/2019  1:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/11/2019  1:23 PM
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Lol, I was just coming here to post this. Dude is so ****ing good.

That is unreal. Reminds me of Vince Carter in college. Yeah, that extra weight is slowing him down, lol.

But you generally don't become more athletic as you age. The extra weight may not be a problem at 19, may be a different story at 29. He definitely has to stay on top of it. A laundry list of overweight players who couldn't stay in the league long due to weight issues. But if we get a great 10 years from him who would care anyway?

I wouldnt put too much stock in the extra weight, whatever it is. Being able to jump that high demonstrates that its not having an impact on his game. The recent science says that not being ripped isnt necessarily a sign of needing better conditioning. If he was in Mike Sweetney territory, that would be something else.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

2/11/2019  2:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/11/2019  2:57 PM
Nalod wrote:This kid look fat?

But what can this kid do to open up an outside game? you iso him he can beat you to a pulp in many ways. We have a ceiling on his outside game at 19?
The weight? Those legs look like they are engineered different than any highflier at 19. Vince, Jordan, Antoine, were all skinny leapers. Im thinking what does he evolve into over 10 years?
I don't know.

I see him as a stronger, faster, shorter Shawn Kemp. hopeful that he has a better head on him then Shawn did.

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/11/2019  3:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/11/2019  3:59 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
Nalod wrote:This kid look fat?

I don't know.

I see him as a stronger, faster, shorter Shawn Kemp. hopeful that he has a better head on him then Shawn did.

I used to love Shawn Kemp, shame what happened to him. I remember watching the bulls sonics finals and thinking he’d really turned a corner and looking forward to seeing him take the next step, instead he crashed and burned

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/11/2019  7:49 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

Probably the most spectacular blocked shot ever.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/12/2019  10:01 AM
smackeddog wrote:I used to love Shawn Kemp, shame what happened to him. I remember watching the bulls sonics finals and thinking he’d really turned a corner and looking forward to seeing him take the next step, instead he crashed and burned

Wait, what happened to him? Maybe you're mistaking him for Vin Baker (after the 2 did a round robin?)?

After 8 awesome seasons in the Seattle, he got chubby, still put up really solid numbers in Cleveland for 3 years, then fizzled out over his final 3.

I think the he was a bit depressed after being duped by the Seattle team into signing a below market value "hometown discount" sort of deal. (same sort of thing happened to Pippen and Cassell).

Also, being a super athlete wears on your body... (Amare Stoudemire, with a similar game, also broke down young too)

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/12/2019  11:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/12/2019  12:00 PM
technomaster wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I used to love Shawn Kemp, shame what happened to him. I remember watching the bulls sonics finals and thinking he’d really turned a corner and looking forward to seeing him take the next step, instead he crashed and burned

Wait, what happened to him? Maybe you're mistaking him for Vin Baker (after the 2 did a round robin?)?

After 8 awesome seasons in the Seattle, he got chubby, still put up really solid numbers in Cleveland for 3 years, then fizzled out over his final 3.

I think the he was a bit depressed after being duped by the Seattle team into signing a below market value "hometown discount" sort of deal. (same sort of thing happened to Pippen and Cassell).

Also, being a super athlete wears on your body... (Amare Stoudemire, with a similar game, also broke down young too)

Struggled with substance issues:

Things went south for Kemp after that season. He had previously signed a long-term contract before NBA salaries took a jump, so he was earning substantially less than most players of his caliber. Kemp threatened to sit out the upcoming season, and the resulting tension led to a three-team trade after the 1996-97 season. Kemp landed in Cleveland, but LeBron was only 13, so Cleveland still sucked.

During his three-year tenure with the Cavs, Kemp continuously battled weight issues, showing up to camp at 280 pounds after the lockout-shortened 1998-99 season (he previously weighed 245). Though General Manager Wayne Embry later revealed in his autobiography that Kemp reported to camp at 315 pounds. Embry went on to say that they hired nutritionists and put Kemp on a diet, but he didn’t have the discipline to stick to it. They even went so far as to hire a chef to prepare meals for him, but it didn’t work. Obviously with the money the Cavs spent on him (7 years, $98 million) they wanted him in playing shape, and who could blame them. Though unable/unwilling to shed the weight, Kemp still averaged 20 points and 9 boards for the Cavs, while leading them to a first-round playoff loss against the Indiana Pacers.

After the 1999-2000 season, Kemp was traded the Portland Trailblazers and his decline in play continued. His weight struggle took its toll and he quickly lost any explosiveness he had left. He also had problems with cocaine and alcohol, and his first season with the Blazers ended early when he entered drug rehab. He was waived from Portland after two seasons, and went on to play one more year in 2002-03 for the Orlando Magic before being replaced by Juwan Howard. He would go on to make a couple attempts to come back to the NBA, even slimming down to his All-Star weight, but was unable to secure a roster spot. He signed a one-year deal to play for an Italian team in Rome, but only played three pre-season games before he had to return to his home in Houston to assess damage from Hurricane Ike. He and the Italian team agreed to part ways and the contract was rescinded.

http://www.entertainmentbuddha.com/whatever-happened-to-shawn-kemp-the-superest-of-sonics/

It could have been a lot worse, but it's not how I thought his career was going to go, after watching the Bulls/Sonics finals.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/12/2019  5:25 PM
smackeddog wrote:
technomaster wrote:

Things went south for Kemp after that season. He had previously signed a long-term contract before NBA salaries took a jump, so he was earning substantially less than most players of his caliber. Kemp threatened to sit out the upcoming season, and the resulting tension led to a three-team trade after the 1996-97 season. Kemp landed in Cleveland, but LeBron was only 13, so Cleveland still sucked.

During his three-year tenure with the Cavs, Kemp continuously battled weight issues, showing up to camp at 280 pounds after the lockout-shortened 1998-99 season (he previously weighed 245). Though General Manager Wayne Embry later revealed in his autobiography that Kemp reported to camp at 315 pounds. Embry went on to say that they hired nutritionists and put Kemp on a diet, but he didn’t have the discipline to stick to it. They even went so far as to hire a chef to prepare meals for him, but it didn’t work. Obviously with the money the Cavs spent on him (7 years, $98 million) they wanted him in playing shape, and who could blame them. Though unable/unwilling to shed the weight, Kemp still averaged 20 points and 9 boards for the Cavs, while leading them to a first-round playoff loss against the Indiana Pacers.

After the 1999-2000 season, Kemp was traded the Portland Trailblazers and his decline in play continued. His weight struggle took its toll and he quickly lost any explosiveness he had left. He also had problems with cocaine and alcohol, and his first season with the Blazers ended early when he entered drug rehab. He was waived from Portland after two seasons, and went on to play one more year in 2002-03 for the Orlando Magic before being replaced by Juwan Howard. He would go on to make a couple attempts to come back to the NBA, even slimming down to his All-Star weight, but was unable to secure a roster spot. He signed a one-year deal to play for an Italian team in Rome, but only played three pre-season games before he had to return to his home in Houston to assess damage from Hurricane Ike. He and the Italian team agreed to part ways and the contract was rescinded.

http://www.entertainmentbuddha.com/whatever-happened-to-shawn-kemp-the-superest-of-sonics/

It could have been a lot worse, but it's not how I thought his career was going to go, after watching the Bulls/Sonics finals.

I didn’t read the link you posted but he had substance issues AND he had a lot of children with a lot of different women. I am pretty sure he went broke very fast. Very sad and alarming. You can be super rich and all of that can go down the toilet in a night if you play your cards that poorly.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/12/2019  7:33 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
technomaster wrote:

I didn’t read the link you posted but he had substance issues AND he had a lot of children with a lot of different women. I am pretty sure he went broke very fast. Very sad and alarming. You can be super rich and all of that can go down the toilet in a night if you play your cards that poorly.

Every athlete about to go pro should watch ESPN's "Broke". They should show it at rookie camp.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/12/2019  10:31 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

2/12/2019  11:02 PM
Zion is putting on a show right now
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

2/12/2019  11:11 PM
CAM MUTHAFUKKIN REDDISH...that boy good!!!
Cartman718

2/13/2019  12:03 AM
Cartman718

2/13/2019  12:07 AM
Cartman718

2/13/2019  12:48 AM
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/14/2019  10:21 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/14/2019  11:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2019  11:05 AM
Cartman718

2/14/2019  3:23 PM
martin wrote:

And ATL vs Knicks is a winnable game since we've dominated ATL in our wins this season. so...basketball night.

Cartman718

2/14/2019  3:30 PM
The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy