[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2019 Draft
Author Thread
umbisam
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3796

2/2/2019  11:22 AM
VCoug wrote:
umbisam wrote:could we trade KK or MR + Dallas first round picks w/ Cleveland or Phoenix for their 2019 first round pick as to increase our odds on Zion ?

There's zero chance Cleveland or Phoenix would agree to that. Knox hasn't shown anything at all to justify a team trading away a lottery pick and Mitch is raw as ****.

thanks for replying

ok ... then ... how about any other player in the roaster ? + dallas two picks ?

I think Knicks should do all possible efforts as to try and at least double up chances to first pick this year ... Zion is quite a [solid] unicorn ... even more than kristaps [fragile], I think...

in any event, worst case, even if we don’t pick him we would still have 2 picks in the top 6

Just my two cents ...

AUTOADVERT
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/2/2019  1:38 PM
umbisam wrote:
VCoug wrote:
umbisam wrote:could we trade KK or MR + Dallas first round picks w/ Cleveland or Phoenix for their 2019 first round pick as to increase our odds on Zion ?

There's zero chance Cleveland or Phoenix would agree to that. Knox hasn't shown anything at all to justify a team trading away a lottery pick and Mitch is raw as ****.

thanks for replying

ok ... then ... how about any other player in the roaster ? + dallas two picks ?

I think Knicks should do all possible efforts as to try and at least double up chances to first pick this year ... Zion is quite a [solid] unicorn ... even more than kristaps [fragile], I think...

in any event, worst case, even if we don’t pick him we would still have 2 picks in the top 6

Just my two cents ...

None of the players on our roster are worth another team giving up a lottery pick unless someone plays much better over the next couple of months. Any trade for a pick this year would have to involve other picks. Don't know if the two Dallas picks would get it done.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
VCoug

2/2/2019  1:52 PM
Watching this Duke-St John's game, Zion looks amazing as always. Reddish looks ****ing awful. I really don't understand why people believe he's still a lottery pick. His stats are terrible and watching him play I don't know what he's supposed to be good at.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

2/3/2019  6:13 AM
Picking smart is more important than picking first.
umbisam
Member: #3796

2/3/2019  8:59 AM
quite convinced that if we pick Zion we’ll have real chances to appeal two major free agents ... otherwise, we’ll risk to attract only second or third choices & most likely enter into another decade of poor results
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/3/2019  11:28 AM
Picks have risk. Few are sure fire stars. Magic and LEbron were rare. Jordan was not expected to be a goat.
Zion is not a finished product. He’ll have to calm down and pace himself. No different. Zion will bet stronger too. NOt a finished product.
Can’t peg him as “the next....”
VCoug

2/3/2019  12:35 PM
Nalod wrote:Picks have risk. Few are sure fire stars. Magic and LEbron were rare. Jordan was not expected to be a goat.
Zion is not a finished product. He’ll have to calm down and pace himself. No different. Zion will bet stronger too. NOt a finished product.
Can’t peg him as “the next....”

You're saying nothing here. No one coming out of the draft is a finished product especially now that most players don't stay in college for 4 years.

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/4/2019  6:13 AM
Not getting my hopes up for Zion, so I think we should turn our attention to who we'd draft at the 2-5 spot.

In the unlikely event we landed Kyrie and Durant, our lineup would be:

C- (Maybe DeAndre Jordan if he signed for whatever's left) Mitch/Kornet
PF- KD/ maybe Vonleh (if he's cheap)
SF- Knox
SG- Frank/Dennis Jr
PG- Kyrie

So for me, Sg would make a lot of sense, so maybe Barrett wouldn't be too bad. Would Ja Morant be good next to Irving? Dennis Smith Jr?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/4/2019  1:57 PM
smackeddog wrote:Not getting my hopes up for Zion, so I think we should turn our attention to who we'd draft at the 2-5 spot.

SF- Knox
SG- Frank/Dennis Jr
PG- Kyrie

So for me, Sg would make a lot of sense, so maybe Barrett wouldn't be too bad. Would Ja Morant be good next to Irving? Dennis Smith Jr?

We go best player available, regardless of position, if the rumors are true. We need a good spot up shooter and defender next to Kyrie. Morant is probably not the best fit in this draft, but who says we can't flip him for more assets? Everything is on the table now.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/4/2019  4:29 PM
Zion was not my preferred pick going into the year and even the earlier part of the season...
opinion subject to change after ACC and NCAA tournaments but as of right now there is no question Zion is the pick. none
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/4/2019  4:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2019  4:56 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
martin wrote:

At this point it really feels like to me you are holding your breathe and just shaking your head no matter what you see or read

Not really. The article also says some of the following things:

"Unlike with those bigs, it's rare to see Williamson showcase any traditional hooks, fallaways or elbow rise-and-fire jumpers... Williamson goes about getting buckets differently, often turning over a shoulder and separating by elevating/exploding through and above his defender toward the basket."

"Scouts will have to ask whether he'll still create the same amount of separation against NBA bigs since he lacks positional height at 6'7". However, the force behind Williamson's strength and explosion seems to help compensate for the inch or two. And it seems highly unlikely teams overthink his unorthodox measurements relating to his inside-scoring potential."

"Converting 28.9 percent of his jump shots and 67.5 percent of his free throws, Williamson is far from a shooter, and the eye test suggests even those made threes could be fluky. Some of his misses have been way short or off."

if you're telling me he's a young Larry Johnson, whatever man.. give me that

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG

2/4/2019  5:25 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
martin wrote:

At this point it really feels like to me you are holding your breathe and just shaking your head no matter what you see or read

Not really. The article also says some of the following things:

"Unlike with those bigs, it's rare to see Williamson showcase any traditional hooks, fallaways or elbow rise-and-fire jumpers... Williamson goes about getting buckets differently, often turning over a shoulder and separating by elevating/exploding through and above his defender toward the basket."

"Scouts will have to ask whether he'll still create the same amount of separation against NBA bigs since he lacks positional height at 6'7". However, the force behind Williamson's strength and explosion seems to help compensate for the inch or two. And it seems highly unlikely teams overthink his unorthodox measurements relating to his inside-scoring potential."

"Converting 28.9 percent of his jump shots and 67.5 percent of his free throws, Williamson is far from a shooter, and the eye test suggests even those made threes could be fluky. Some of his misses have been way short or off."

if you're telling me he's a young Larry Johnson, whatever man.. give me that

I'll do you better. He's a young Larry Johnson/Charles Barkley/ Dominique Willing rolled into one if we draft him. If we don't draft him then he's just a bulk Renaldo Balkman lol

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
2/5/2019  12:52 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Not getting my hopes up for Zion, so I think we should turn our attention to who we'd draft at the 2-5 spot.

SF- Knox
SG- Frank/Dennis Jr
PG- Kyrie

We go best player available, regardless of position, if the rumors are true. We need a good spot up shooter and defender next to Kyrie. Morant is probably not the best fit in this draft, but who says we can't flip him for more assets? Everything is on the table now.

Yup. Don't overthink it and take the best player.

Imagine if Dallas didn't trade for Luka because they knew DSJ needs the ball in his hands.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/5/2019  2:24 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

SF- Knox
SG- Frank/Dennis Jr
PG- Kyrie

Imagine if Dallas didn't trade for Luka because they knew DSJ needs the ball in his hands.

or that Don Nelson shouldn't have drafted Steph Curry because Monta Ellis (in his very youthful prime) was already on the squad as PG.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/5/2019  3:05 PM
If we end up with Zion or RJ Barrett I will be a happy man. I don't think I want Ja Morant.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/5/2019  3:09 PM
NYKBocker wrote:If we end up with Zion or RJ Barrett I will be a happy man. I don't think I want Ja Morant.
those are my top choices. With the new draft rules it doesnt make it essential we wind up dead last but im so scared we will somehow get bumped back to 5 which tends to happen to us
Cartman718

2/5/2019  3:56 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:If we end up with Zion or RJ Barrett I will be a happy man. I don't think I want Ja Morant.
those are my top choices. With the new draft rules it doesnt make it essential we wind up dead last but im so scared we will somehow get bumped back to 5 which tends to happen to us

If we don't get the overall #1, I believe we should trade the pick with whoever's #3 or #4 and get an extra first round pick in 2020 in return like Hawks got from Mavs.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BigDaddyG

2/5/2019  4:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2019  4:39 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

If we don't get the overall #1, I believe we should trade the pick with whoever's #3 or #4 and get an extra first round pick in 2020 in return like Hawks got from Mavs.

I would do that. Unfortunately, there's no Luka or Trae in that range to create that sort of a market...yet. This is the time of year where stocks rise and fall like crazy.
VCoug

2/5/2019  5:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2019  5:22 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

SF- Knox
SG- Frank/Dennis Jr
PG- Kyrie

or that Don Nelson shouldn't have drafted Steph Curry because Monta Ellis (in his very youthful prime) was already on the squad as PG.

Not to mention the draft takes place before free agency begins. Drafting for fit is bad but drafting for fit next to players you might sign later in the summer is even worse.

Cartman718

2/5/2019  10:38 PM
The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy