[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is Vonleh the answer when Porzingis returns?
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/3/2018  7:11 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

That KP, Vonleh, Mitch combination can be something special. Knox will eventually get PF mins as well.

They offer a variety of unique skills

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
12/3/2018  8:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2018  8:26 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That KP, Vonleh, Mitch combination can be something special. Knox will eventually get PF mins as well.

It’s an awesome combination. Next year I’ll split minutes between Vonleh and Robinson 24 each and porzingis will get his 32 minutes at the other position. The remaining 16 mins up front can go to Knox who can play 16 at the SF and 16 at the PF. I expect that to be the rotation. Vonleh has been an incredible glue guy for this team.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/3/2018  9:02 PM
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

It’s an awesome combination. Next year I’ll split minutes between Vonleh and Robinson 24 each and porzingis will get his 32 minutes at the other position. The remaining 16 mins up front can go to Knox who can play 16 at the SF and 16 at the PF. I expect that to be the rotation. Vonleh has been an incredible glue guy for this team.

Durant will certainly take some minutes up at the 4

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
12/3/2018  9:17 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Hopefully!

C Porzingis 32 / Robinson 24
F Durant 32 / Vonleh 24
F Knox 32

There’s your 144 front court minutes.

Chandler
Member: #6197

12/4/2018  7:22 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

wow. thanks for sharing. he's a keeper (I was 100% wrong about him when he joined)

(5)(5)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/7/2018  8:56 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

12/8/2018  1:03 PM
Vonleh is gonna get paid and we probably won't be able to afford him without sacrificing valuable cap space.
"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/8/2018  2:23 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:Vonleh is gonna get paid and we probably won't be able to afford him without sacrificing valuable cap space.

After the Knicks sign Durant they will have the MLE, so there's that

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
12/8/2018  3:02 PM
martin wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:Vonleh is gonna get paid and we probably won't be able to afford him without sacrificing valuable cap space.

Yeah he’s a good candidate for the room exception. Should be about 2 years 10 mil total.

JamesKPolk

12/8/2018  3:11 PM
martin wrote:

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
Kemet
Member: #6148

12/10/2018  3:10 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Hopefully!

F Durant 32 / Vonleh 24
F Knox 32

I'm a old strong fan of the 1967 to 1982 Knicks head coach Red Hozman, and 1991 to 1994 Knicks head coach Pat Riley .. after reading the comments on this thread so many fans have overratted KP performance ..
KP has yet to prove to be a dominant center or a double-double PF in this league.
Plus KP 4th qtr. performance has not been stepping up to the level of a winning-player.
KP performance is far from being a double-double winner player like ex-Knick players Dave DeBusschere, Toby Knight, Mason, or Oakley.

Vonleh's 2-Way hustle performance has been looking like the double-double player the Knicks will need in next season rotation. I was not a fan of either of the two FA pick ups (Mario/Vonleh) Mill/Perry signed in the offseason. But Vonleh high IQ complimentary performance for just a quarter of the season has won me over by improving his skill set game after game in our developing-season. The tandem of Kanter and Vonleh could use more playing time together in the same lineup to start co-existing around the paint by midseason .. I would have been a happy camper if the Knicks Perry would have hired Rasheed Wallace for our coaching staff to help Fizdale implore a set defense for our big-men to rotate into when getting back on the defensive end. Fizdale's defensive coaching does not protect the paint.

Next season the 2019-20 Knicks roster should have these specific 6 big-men players:
Kanter, Vonleh, MitchRob, KP, Knox, plus LA Clippers FA Tobias Harris.
The Knicks are not gonna be a playoff team if the Front-Office keep adding 7 to 10 new players to the roster every season. So far this will be the first full Knick season for players: Burke/Mudiay/Trier/Knox/MitchRob/Mario/Vonleh/Kornet.

As for the top star FA in the offseason, Im not a Knick fan dreamer once James Dolan inherited the Knicks, I do not sit back hoping or dreaming the James Dolan Knicks will sign a big super-star franchise player like a Lebron James, or Durant, or Kawhi, or Klay Thompson, or Kyrie Irving .. for any of these star players to have interest in signing with the Knicks .. the Knicks front office has to be better than the Mills/Perry bunch, plus if Perry had planned on trying to pull one of the top FA players in the 2019 offseason, then Perry would have hired the right head-coach (Mark Jackson) this past 2018 offseason. A head coach that knows how to teach n preach two or three types of offensive and defensive system to get players on the same-page.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/10/2018  5:40 PM
Kemet wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Hopefully!

F Durant 32 / Vonleh 24
F Knox 32

I'm a old strong fan of the 1967 to 1982 Knicks head coach Red Hozman, and 1991 to 1994 Knicks head coach Pat Riley .. after reading the comments on this thread so many fans have overratted KP performance ..
KP has yet to prove to be a dominant center or a double-double PF in this league.
Plus KP 4th qtr. performance has not been stepping up to the level of a winning-player.
KP performance is far from being a double-double winner player like ex-Knick players Dave DeBusschere, Toby Knight, Mason, or Oakley.

Vonleh's 2-Way hustle performance has been looking like the double-double player the Knicks will need in next season rotation. I was not a fan of either of the two FA pick ups (Mario/Vonleh) Mill/Perry signed in the offseason. But Vonleh high IQ complimentary performance for just a quarter of the season has won me over by improving his skill set game after game in our developing-season. The tandem of Kanter and Vonleh could use more playing time together in the same lineup to start co-existing around the paint by midseason .. I would have been a happy camper if the Knicks Perry would have hired Rasheed Wallace for our coaching staff to help Fizdale implore a set defense for our big-men to rotate into when getting back on the defensive end. Fizdale's defensive coaching does not protect the paint.

Next season the 2019-20 Knicks roster should have these specific 6 big-men players:
The Knicks are not gonna be a playoff team if the Front-Office keep adding 7 to 10 new players to the roster every season. So far this will be the first full Knick season for players: Burke/Mudiay/Trier/Knox/MitchRob/Mario/Vonleh/Kornet.

As for the top star FA in the offseason, Im not a Knick fan dreamer once James Dolan inherited the Knicks, I do not sit back hoping or dreaming the James Dolan Knicks will sign a big super-star franchise player like a Lebron James, or Durant, or Kawhi, or Klay Thompson, or Kyrie Irving .. for any of these star players to have interest in signing with the Knicks .. the Knicks front office has to be better than the Mills/Perry bunch, plus if Perry had planned on trying to pull one of the top FA players in the 2019 offseason, then Perry would have hired the right head-coach (Mark Jackson) this past 2018 offseason. A head coach that knows how to teach n preach two or three types of offensive and defensive system to get players on the same-page.

I am with you 100% till the Mark Jackson thing. On that we disagree. I am neutral on Fiz. He seems to be a good motivator and a sub par basketball coach. Not sure what coach can attract the big fish, or that we should even worry about it.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
12/10/2018  6:27 PM
Kemet wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Hopefully!

F Durant 32 / Vonleh 24
F Knox 32

Toby Knight??? Is this a joke? Putting him in the same sentence as DeBusschere? Blasphemy

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
JamesKPolk

12/11/2018  11:09 AM
Kemet wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Hopefully!

F Durant 32 / Vonleh 24
F Knox 32

I'm sure you have adoration for a former Knick like Mark Jackson but Mark Jackson is not and never will be a good head coach.

Kemet
Member: #6148

12/11/2018  3:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/11/2018  3:42 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
Kemet wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Hopefully!

F Durant 32 / Vonleh 24
F Knox 32

I'm sure you have adoration for a former Knick like Mark Jackson but Mark Jackson is not and never will be a good head coach.

Head Coach Mark Jackson put the GS Warriors on the map by forcing the NO-Defense 23 win season GS Warriors to learn how to play two types of offense/defense systems to have a 47 win season. Mark Jackson coaching did that !!!

For those who don't remember the Knicks PF Toby Knight, in the 1979-80 Knicks season Toby Knight and rookie Bill Cartwright both had a double-double season that gave the Knicks a 50 win season.

JamesKPolk

12/11/2018  3:41 PM
Kemet wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
Kemet wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Hopefully!

F Durant 32 / Vonleh 24
F Knox 32

Head Coach Mark Jackson put the GS Warriors on the map by forcing the NO-Defense 23 win season GS Warriors to learn how to play two types of offense/defense systems.

For those who don't remember the Knicks PF Toby Knight, in the 1979-80 Knicks season Toby Knight and rookie Bill Cartwright both had a double-double season that gave the Knicks a 50 win season.

Again, Mark Jackson is not a good coach. This is why he was fired and never re-hired anywhere and never actually discussed in any vacancies besides the Knicks. Not to mention he's a crazy Bible thumper.

Is Vonleh the answer when Porzingis returns?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy