[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dotson may be odd man out.
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/27/2018  5:54 PM
Nalod wrote:The 2 and three spots are very crowded. something has to give. Baker's contract is not tradable for any real value. Given he can run the point we need him in the event of injury. He is waivable. Good dude. Good hair. Buh Bye.
Dotson likely won't be signed and thus if we can get something in return that's a sustainable asset like a pick its a plus.
Trier has to be signed which is a given.
As for Dot, I like the guy and his game. Thing is Knox is the future there, Clee is there, Hardaway can be there when we go small, and our very own Frank is there too sometimes.

Disagree completely. Knox is not the future anywhere till he earns it. Same goes for Frank, Dot and the rooks. No one had earned anything g yet except Frank earning rule defensive chops. Boobies was closest to being a two way player. To just state that Knox is the future their is very biased and not backed up by anything other than his draft position. Dude is as likely to be a complete bust as he is to be a good player at this point.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo

11/27/2018  5:56 PM
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:I dont get Dotson being the odd man out. Dude plays great defense, moves the ball and rebounds like its his job. He's locked in next year for cheap ($1.6mm)

Only reason I would move Dotson is if he's attached to another player with an asset coming back. He strikes me as everything we want to have hear. Good, tough young guy locked up cheap

One thing I've learned about the NBA is how political it is. Which is why the dude from Orlando is starting and playing, because of political pressure from Perry. And why Dotson is in these trade talk articles, is because Dotson was a Phil Jackson pick.

So I don't believe this decision is purely basketball, but rather political pressure to play others ahead of him. Personally, I wouldn't mind replacing THj with an up and coming 2-way star, at a position of need. And keep Dotson since he's contract friendly and hungry. Keeping Dotson and trading THj give us cap flexibility or the ability to pay a 2-way that impacts the game on both ends.

Exactly

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/27/2018  7:12 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:I dont get Dotson being the odd man out. Dude plays great defense, moves the ball and rebounds like its his job. He's locked in next year for cheap ($1.6mm)

Only reason I would move Dotson is if he's attached to another player with an asset coming back. He strikes me as everything we want to have hear. Good, tough young guy locked up cheap

One thing I've learned about the NBA is how political it is. Which is why the dude from Orlando is starting and playing, because of political pressure from Perry. And why Dotson is in these trade talk articles, is because Dotson was a Phil Jackson pick.

So I don't believe this decision is purely basketball, but rather political pressure to play others ahead of him. Personally, I wouldn't mind replacing THj with an up and coming 2-way star, at a position of need. And keep Dotson since he's contract friendly and hungry. Keeping Dotson and trading THj give us cap flexibility or the ability to pay a 2-way that impacts the game on both ends.

Exactly

i don't think Mario is getting minutes because Perry drafted him. I do think it could be because Mario was promised minutes when he signed as a free agent. Hoping Dotson is back in the line up again and is a part of the future.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo

11/27/2018  9:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Exactly

i don't think Mario is getting minutes because Perry drafted him. I do think it could be because Mario was promised minutes when he signed as a free agent. Hoping Dotson is back in the line up again and is a part of the future.

And he got minutes in the early going, after which he should have been permamnently benched, because he is not a NBA caliber basketball player.

CrushAlot
USA
11/27/2018  9:54 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Exactly

And he got minutes in the early going, after which he should have been permamnently benched, because he is not a NBA caliber basketball player.

I think the front office is trying to rebuild the team's reputation with players, agents and other teams. I think that is part of the big picture with this rebuild. Not sure that Mario got any minute guarantees but they need to follow through on giving him an opportunity if it was promised.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/27/2018  10:30 PM
He will be out he is a Phil guy. Soon it will be Frank and then KP.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/27/2018  10:30 PM
Dotson is quite the talent.... no way should Mario get more minutes ditto with Knox.... knox looks like a lost puppy out there, he’s got a lot of learning to do.

If it were me I’d give Dotson the most minutes of the bunch at the 3 . His defense and shooting is to good to sit the pine...

meloshouldgo

11/27/2018  11:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Exactly

I think the front office is trying to rebuild the team's reputation with players, agents and other teams. I think that is part of the big picture with this rebuild. Not sure that Mario got any minute guarantees but they need to follow through on giving him an opportunity if it was promised.

This is just conjecture, and that's fine. We won't agree on how Mario is being handled. IMO He should not be starting even if we have to start 4 on 5 as a result of it.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/27/2018  11:26 PM
Doesn't make sense dude is way better than Frank and Knox right now
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
USA
11/28/2018  5:38 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Exactly

This is just conjecture, and that's fine. We won't agree on how Mario is being handled. IMO He should not be starting even if we have to start 4 on 5 as a result of it.

I don't think Mario should be starting. Just pointing out that there maybe more to why he is still getting minutes.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/28/2018  6:36 AM
Team is juggling it all. Team looked bad in stretches last night. Dot looked good. LIke the other Fiz kids some games these guys come up big, but others they look bad. INCONSISTANCY!!! That’s constant.
THre is not consistency other than Frank’s offensive game and Knox not ready for prime time. They are not ready yet.
Team as to keep an eye on the future and still build its culture. It’s pretty clear how hard this is.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

11/28/2018  9:12 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:The 2 and three spots are very crowded. something has to give. Baker's contract is not tradable for any real value. Given he can run the point we need him in the event of injury. He is waivable. Good dude. Good hair. Buh Bye.
Dotson likely won't be signed and thus if we can get something in return that's a sustainable asset like a pick its a plus.
Trier has to be signed which is a given.
As for Dot, I like the guy and his game. Thing is Knox is the future there, Clee is there, Hardaway can be there when we go small, and our very own Frank is there too sometimes.

Disagree completely. Knox is not the future anywhere till he earns it. Same goes for Frank, Dot and the rooks. No one had earned anything g yet except Frank earning rule defensive chops. Boobies was closest to being a two way player. To just state that Knox is the future their is very biased and not backed up by anything other than his draft position. Dude is as likely to be a complete bust as he is to be a good player at this point.

Knox was a lotto pick, as was Frank. They are 19 and 20, highly skilled and highly touted so absolutely the future of the Knicks. By definition. Keep hating though.

Do you know what biased means? Its when a hater troll pushes his opinion as fact based on the hate he has for an opposing view. Better known as Meloahouldgo/Linshouldcum in UK land.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
11/28/2018  9:18 AM
if a player is young with lotto pick pedigree i'm biased in favor of prioritizing their development
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/28/2018  10:16 AM
i feel pretty good about fiz having a year to figure out how he wants to use a backcourt of
frank
dot
mudiay
trier
thj
burke

plus clee

and maybe jenkins??

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/28/2018  10:33 AM
Vmart wrote:He will be out he is a Phil guy. Soon it will be Frank and then KP.

I think you are short changing this management team....but if you are joking then I take it back. Right now, Fiz is giving everybody a chance and seems to be pushing the right buttons. At least from my point of view.

blkexec
Member: #748
11/28/2018  10:37 AM
I dont see how trading Dotson helps us. Can somebody clarify. Unless a team is willing to over spend on him.....we need to keep him. Talented 2way players....that are coachable.....on a friendly contract.....is a luxury to have. Plus the knicks trade history doesn't give me any confidence.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/28/2018  10:47 AM
Dotson is NOT a SF. Dude is 6'5", 6'6". Way too small to cover SF's in this league. Tatum would eat him up. We have too many SG's
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/28/2018  11:18 AM
BigRedDog wrote:Dotson is NOT a SF. Dude is 6'5", 6'6". Way too small to cover SF's in this league. Tatum would eat him up. We have too many SG's

Absolutely.
We do not have SF on the team.
Knox may be one in 2-3 years but he would be of Melo type. In-between SF-PF with all issues associated.
Mario is same but he also sucks.
Dot is true SG and nothing else.
This is the issue with Fiz possession-less bbal.
We have a bunch of SGs who are just that.
So they will have decisions to make who among Dot, Timmy, Trier, Frank, and Lee will stay.
Not an easy task...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/28/2018  11:18 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Exactly

I don't think Mario should be starting. Just pointing out that there maybe more to why he is still getting minutes.

I'm not a Mario fan at all, but we have to at least consider that he has been playing well with Kanter. That might be the reason he's starting

Personally, I think he's a mess. Has a lot of talent but no idea of when/how to use it. Too many home run swings (for strikes), and he has this constant head shake disagreeing with every call

He's need to simplify things (the way Mudiay did for a few games before recent relapse) and build from there. There's nothing wrong with being boring if you're scoring (Clyde you are free to use that : boring but scoring)

(5)(5)
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/28/2018  11:24 AM
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Exactly

I'm not a Mario fan at all, but we have to at least consider that he has been playing well with Kanter. That might be the reason he's starting

Personally, I think he's a mess. Has a lot of talent but no idea of when/how to use it. Too many home run swings (for strikes), and he has this constant head shake disagreeing with every call

He's need to simplify things (the way Mudiay did for a few games before recent relapse) and build from there. There's nothing wrong with being boring if you're scoring (Clyde you are free to use that : boring but scoring)

Mario and Knox are really the only SF's on this team. I am one of the few that like Mario but agree right now he is a mess. I still think he is one of the most talented offensive players we have. Hopefully Fiz will help him like he did with Mudiay. Mario gets NO respect from the refs. Right now he looks very hesitant on offense.Actually hustles well and defense is under rated. Need to get his offense going.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Dotson may be odd man out.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy