[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Win the game game and a put a smile on Fizz......Go team go and beat the Grizz!!!
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/25/2018  9:10 PM
Panos wrote:I know we're all about the yoots, but can somebody acknowledge that Kanter collected 26 Fucking rebounds?!

He was a monster tonight, no question!!!

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/25/2018  9:14 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/25/2018  9:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
blkexec wrote:Mudiay in a knick of time.

Well, no need to discuss the starting PG spot. Who's the backup, Burke?

Great team win for coach Fiz....They played hard shows a lot about our player / coaching development progress.

I think it is going to rotate all year. All of the point guards are capable to playing well and also stinking up the joint. Consistency hasn't been their strong suit.
Exactly. I'm happy for Mudiay but I'm sure there will be rough days too.
I don't think it's going to be that rough. It's like Burke...he's already faced his adversity in Denver. Now he's going to make the most of this opportunity.
Fiz just said Mudiay has his total confidence.

Man Mudiay is playing like a lot of us though he would coming in to the NBA...it goes to show you prospects can’t be labeled the kids only 22. This would be his rookie year if he went to college for 4 years..

Fiz has him rolling in the right direction! I’m happy we can see the confidence players have in the coach..

Now let’s get our other ex lotto pick going in super Mario... I like that he’s in the starting unit, he helps push the tempo... he needs to get out of his shooting slump, and if he can we will see him blossom as well.

Welpee
Member: #6239

11/25/2018  9:48 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:finally the tank ran out of gas, I know that's pissing some of you lottery finatics off..

Big win tonight

If we play the kids and win, great. I hate playing guys who won't be on the team and win meaningless games.

Well, if you win enough "meaningless" games they become "meaningful" games.

Everyone on the team is being evaluated, you play the guys that give you the best chance to win every night and have earned it.

Fizdale wised up the last few games and have done that,

it’s still about building the kids. It’s ok to do both
And part of "building the kids" is learning how to win. Every young guy on this roster has been given the opportunity to earn minutes. Key words EARN MINUTES.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/25/2018  9:52 PM
The problem is Vonleh, Mudiay, Burke, and Trier are not under contract next year and they are playing the best ball on the team, it sucks
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/25/2018  9:52 PM
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:finally the tank ran out of gas, I know that's pissing some of you lottery finatics off..

Big win tonight

If we play the kids and win, great. I hate playing guys who won't be on the team and win meaningless games.

Everyone on the team is being evaluated, you play the guys that give you the best chance to win every night and have earned it.

And part of "building the kids" is learning how to win. Every young guy on this roster has been given the opportunity to earn minutes. Key words EARN MINUTES.
Don’t remember ever saying they should just be handed minutes
Welpee

11/25/2018  10:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/25/2018  10:09 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Big win tonight

Then what do you have a problem with (other than if you're on board with tanking)? He plays the young guys in every game. If they are productive they get minutes, if not they sit.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/25/2018  10:08 PM
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Big win tonight

Then what do you have a problem with (other than if you're on board with tanking tanking)? He plays the young guys in every game. If they are productive they get minutes, if not they sit.
. Where did I say I had a problem? I’m cheering my ass off tonight
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/25/2018  10:14 PM
Jmpasq wrote:The problem is Vonleh, Mudiay, Burke, and Trier are not under contract next year and they are playing the best ball on the team, it sucks

Sucks for who?

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/25/2018  11:26 PM
Jmpasq wrote:The problem is Vonleh, Mudiay, Burke, and Trier are not under contract next year and they are playing the best ball on the team, it sucks

Mudiay and zo will be restricted and I think come Game 49 zo will be locked up..Vonleh is still a project,struggles with consistency. I see us resigning him unless he truely breaks out. Tonight, got in early foul trouble and failed to make a impact...

Regardless Vonleh is a good player... he should be apart of our future plans esp as kp’s back up ...

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
11/26/2018  2:09 AM
So first, congrats Knicks! I checked the box score early in the 3rd quarter and was expecting an L. Lo and behold, the Knicks went on a killer run and held on.

Kanter is a special player - and may just be some kind of statistical outlier. How do you call a 15/11 player a net-negative player? (yeah, tough to say that on a 21pt/26rbd night!) That's like the work of 2 Charles Oakley's.

Mudiay has had a couple of good games and the media (and some fans) are talking like he's a changed man. (Okay, mostly the media) I'm still a skeptic, but as a Knick fan, I'm both an optimist and sadist.

To level set, it's not like he's been a complete dud his entire career. He's had some really impressive games, including this one vs the Knicks on December 17, 2016. (yep, almost 2 years ago) The issue is that the only thing consistent about him is his inconsistency throughout his career. I'm rooting for this "elite shape" version of Mudiay to turn into a capable NBA starter.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/26/2018  6:34 AM
Uptown wrote:

Sucks for who?

For us, none are under contract. Even if they play well all it does is drive up value taking away cap space for a max player. Burke we have early bird rights on so we can keep him without any negative consquences to the cap. Trier? not sure why a contract wasn't worked out immediatly like Robinson. Now we have a problem. Mudiay will probably have to be cut for cap space. Vonleh no rights. Not sure why we didn't include a team option in Vonlehs deal

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/26/2018  6:56 AM
WTF? MUDIAY dunk didn't even make the sportscenter top 10!
Welpee

11/26/2018  8:54 AM
NYKBocker wrote:WTF? MUDIAY dunk didn't even make the sportscenter top 10!
Not to rain on the parade, but did he travel on that dunk?
blkexec
Member: #748
11/26/2018  9:11 AM

From a fans view....watching the game from your couch....yes it's a problem. But...

Is it a problem for management? No....this gives them more trading opportunities.
Is it a problem for the toots? No....gives them more confidence and teaching them how to impact the game.

If I'm one of those guys.....I would be worried about leaving Fiz.....Hes the type of coach that rewards effort with playing time. It would be smart on the players that's on the rise to sign a short deal or long term cap friendly deal.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/26/2018  9:21 AM

Yeah I sure wish they were playing crappy.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/26/2018  9:33 AM
KnickDanger wrote:

Yeah I sure wish they were playing crappy.

I think we prefer our long term contract/blue chip yoots be playing the best. Im not speaking for JMPASQ but that's how I interpreted his statement.
I don't think "It sucks", but I understand the statement.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

11/26/2018  9:44 AM
Uptown wrote:
Panos wrote:I know we're all about the yoots, but can somebody acknowledge that Kanter collected 26 Fucking rebounds?!

UK fans don't like good players on the roster. They just like the 15th man on the bench that hustles, anyone 20 and under who they dream will turn out to be the next MJ and over achievers going through their 15 minutes of fame.

No doubt they will be raving about some kid or Robin Lopez type next year while Kanter is averaging a double double somewhere else.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

11/26/2018  9:47 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:F**** my feed died completely

Here is the link for you

https://youtu.be/INm_GCs7CiM

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/26/2018  10:37 AM
Uptown wrote:

Honestly we won because of our rebounding. Not to discount the effort etc but rebounds were THE reason we won

(5)(5)
Game Thread: Win the game game and a put a smile on Fizz......Go team go and beat the Grizz!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy