[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hardaway and Lee for Beal
Author Thread
dwiley20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5755

11/21/2018  10:01 PM
Come on let's do it!! HARDAWAY CANT DRIBBLE OR DEFEND!!
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/21/2018  10:11 PM
🤦🏻‍♂️
Knicks_Fan
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
11/22/2018  10:35 AM
Be one to think about if offered. Beal makes 25/ year. I think he's a significant upgrade over thj in most respects. He's still young. However do not trade for john wall...hell be making around 40 million and seems to be no longer in the top tier of PG. Will be over 30 for some of that enormous contract.
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/22/2018  11:31 AM
I think Beal is the player that can get the best return for the wizards but think they'd rather keep him than wall. Maybe the Heat would be interested in Wall- remember Riley traded for Tim Sr, and pout him on his conditioning regime, turning his career around. If they could pull of that (wall for dragic or whatever), I think the Wizards would keep Beal and see what they can get for Porter
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/22/2018  11:50 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:Be one to think about if offered. Beal makes 25/ year. I think he's a significant upgrade over thj in most respects. He's still young. However do not trade for john wall...hell be making around 40 million and seems to be no longer in the top tier of PG. Will be over 30 for some of that enormous contract.
Wall has had a bunch of knee procedures and is a guy that relies on athleticism. His contract is obscene and should not be touched by any team. Maybe NOLA goes there if AD agrees to stay.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/22/2018  12:51 PM
NOLA should target Schroeder
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
11/22/2018  1:04 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:NOLA should target Schroeder
Why would OKC trade him?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/22/2018  5:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Why would OKC trade him?

Schroeder is s backup on OKC. This thread is about the Wiz giving up their best starter.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
11/22/2018  6:32 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Why would OKC trade him?

Schroeder is s backup on OKC. This thread is about the Wiz giving up their best starter.
I know Lowe and others are speculating that Beal is basically untouchable. Wall on the other hand is very available. I did hear Lowe talking about Wall's trade kicker. I believe the Wiz would have to pay him 21 mil if he is traded this year. Next year they don't have to pay him if they trade him. But Nola may make a move to keep AD.
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/22/2018  7:56 PM
Beal is toxic. He has game, but stay far away
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/22/2018  9:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/22/2018  9:28 PM
Not sure Washington would do that deal. The only benefit to getting Hardaway is that he makes less, but if you have to take on Lee, then it actually costs Washington more. Lee would have to go to a third team, and even then, is roughly $5 mil in savings worth going from Beal to Hardaway. I could see it if they are facing repeater tax, as that $5 would actually cost $15 million or if Beal and Wall just cannot co-exist and they want to try to make a trade that keeps them competitive will separating the two, but really Washington needs to just blow it up. Try to trade Wall for whatever they can get and then look for a solid deal for Beal and Otto and then rebuild with draft picks.

In any case, I would pass. I like the way Hardaway is playing this year, he has a good bond with the other players, and he makes about $5 million less than Beal, which helps if we want to add two max players this summer.

Trust the Process
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/22/2018  9:46 PM
Caseloads wrote:Beal is toxic. He has game, but stay far away

I think Wall might be the toxic one. I haven't heard nearly as many unnamed sources speak out against Beal as I've heard slam Wall. Plus, it might not be a coincidence that the team played so much better when Wall was out q season. Still wouldnt do that deal based on future salary cap implications.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/22/2018  10:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:Be one to think about if offered. Beal makes 25/ year. I think he's a significant upgrade over thj in most respects. He's still young. However do not trade for john wall...hell be making around 40 million and seems to be no longer in the top tier of PG. Will be over 30 for some of that enormous contract.
Wall has had a bunch of knee procedures and is a guy that relies on athleticism. His contract is obscene and should not be touched by any team. Maybe NOLA goes there if AD agrees to stay.

What is happening to Wall is a blueprint with the sports media started by the Boston Red Sox. Apparently a few consulting firms talked to the Red Sox brass back in the day about how to best divest themselves of a long time player or coach. So it becomes an open hatchet job ( Garciaparra, Damon, Francona to name a few) to turn a fanbase against the player or coach. The trick is to know where the line can't be crossed. For example, David Ortiz. No way Boston fans can turn against Big Papi. It would just backfire.

Wall is getting smashed in the press because the team wants to dump him badly. They want the "perception" on their side. He's no different than most NBA "marketing franchise guys" i.e. market max guys but not contender level max guys. Basically a diva who won't change his game. This isn't some recent development, it only hits the press as a basic hatchet job. It works like clockwork, LeGM is a ****ing idiot, but the press through Nike pressure decides the ****ups are Lue, Gilbert and Irving.

The only trade the Wizards make is Wall for Kanter, filler and some picks. They want and need cap relief.

There are very few options to dump Lee and THJrs contracts.

CrushAlot
USA
11/22/2018  10:46 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

What is happening to Wall is a blueprint with the sports media started by the Boston Red Sox. Apparently a few consulting firms talked to the Red Sox brass back in the day about how to best divest themselves of a long time player or coach. So it becomes an open hatchet job ( Garciaparra, Damon, Francona to name a few) to turn a fanbase against the player or coach. The trick is to know where the line can't be crossed. For example, David Ortiz. No way Boston fans can turn against Big Papi. It would just backfire.

Wall is getting smashed in the press because the team wants to dump him badly. They want the "perception" on their side. He's no different than most NBA "marketing franchise guys" i.e. market max guys but not contender level max guys. Basically a diva who won't change his game. This isn't some recent development, it only hits the press as a basic hatchet job. It works like clockwork, LeGM is a ****ing idiot, but the press through Nike pressure decides the ****ups are Lue, Gilbert and Irving.

The only trade the Wizards make is Wall for Kanter, filler and some picks. They want and need cap relief.

There are very few options to dump Lee and THJrs contracts.

Lowe said on his podcast that Wall has a 21 million dollar trade kicker this year that goes away next year. He also has had several procedures on his knees, and has a super max contract. He doesn't have the injury history of Blake Griffin but the contract is a game stopper. I don't think you have to rally the media to recognize that Wall has a really bad contract. Not my trade Tim thread. Everyone, even guys on sports forums knew Wall's deal handcuffs a team.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/23/2018  9:47 AM
why on earth would you do this deal? I think THjr has been better this year than Beal, and while you might save some small amount next year and free up a roster spot, you end up with adding stupid big money with Beal's last year of his deal- $28M.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/23/2018  10:03 AM
I like the chemistry of the team now....i know they are not winnibg but add KP, a top FA and a top pick and you have an instant contender. Let's leave it all alone. No quick fix...trade Lee and Thomas for cap space...or picks, that's all.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/23/2018  10:12 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I like the chemistry of the team now....i know they are not winnibg but add KP, a top FA and a top pick and you have an instant contender. Let's leave it all alone. No quick fix...trade Lee and Thomas for cap space...or picks, that's all.

I concur. In fact I'd say lets leave Lee and Thomas be. Lance does provide the leadership our young core needs and Lee too. As for who goes when lee is Active I don't know. Coming up to a quarter of the season gone by and its tough to observe that we don't have a clear cut core for a set rotation. Our yoots are inconsistent as expected. Timmy and Enes are but not always in a good way.

Trading guys require in most cases we take back salary. There lies a problem.
I agree, with a likely top 5 pick, KP and room to sign talent this franchises starting lineup will look very different next year. Let the yoots play thru their problems. Don't tank for losing sake, but let the kids play thru.
They can learn how to win in time. KP will be back in February one can guess.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/23/2018  10:33 AM

The knicks traded for spree after he choked his coach and he went on to become an all time knick great in just 5 seasons.

From a statistical stand point, THJ is having a slightly better season than beal at almost 8 mill less

ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/23/2018  10:43 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I think Wall might be the toxic one. I haven't heard nearly as many unnamed sources speak out against Beal as I've heard slam Wall. Plus, it might not be a coincidence that the team played so much better when Wall was out q season. Still wouldnt do that deal based on future salary cap implications.

I don't think Wall is the only one- seems like a few of their players are toxic. Don't want any of them.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/23/2018  4:45 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I don't think Wall is the only one- seems like a few of their players are toxic. Don't want any of them.

Yeah, like I said about Fultz, no need to deal with other teams outcasts. Lets at least wait for the draft and see if Trier can devwlop more.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Hardaway and Lee for Beal

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy