Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/21/2018  12:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2018  12:56 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Knox hasn't shown anything at all. I find it amazing people amount him part of the future.

He just turned 19 (should be a college freshman) and has shown signs of NBA scoring ability. He's big and a smooth athlete. Dominated his age in SL. He's all potential, and little production right now. It is more about his approach than his talent. He shows the talent, no one can deny that. You can see what he's capable of in flashes. But remember he's 19. It won't happen very often yet.

Agreed...I mentioned in a another post that Knox is a year older than HS seniors!!! And after 18 games in the NBA (actually less than that since he was hurt) some are ready to write him off as being a part of our future? SMH...This is the mentality that makes it impossible for this fanbase to accept a rebuild. How about we give his body time to grow and get stronger...Give him time to adjust to the speed of the game...Give him a couple of summers to do some film work and work on his weaknesses and add on to his strengths....Remember, we are the same franchise that had a coach walk the sidelines and call a 19-20 year old Trevor Ariza delusional and force us to trade him away before he could develop into the champion and elite talent he became.

This. After the summer league publications were touting him as a candidate for roy. He has talked about trying to get his conditioning back after being out so long. You can't preach patience for Frank and have your mind made up on Knox. Knox entered the nba at a younger age then Frank.

Knox and Frank were both barely eligible for the draft from an age perspective. Frank should be a rookie this year, and Knox a college freshman. Knox is the same age as most of the top freshman. And knox has already shown some NBA scoring ability. He will have plenty of 20 point games this year.

AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/21/2018  2:07 PM
Vmart wrote:You guys acting like KD is a shoe in and KP is going to as good as before. We are in the territory of the unknowns. We had Melo, KP, Rose and Noah and we sucked. It doesn’t matter the team never has shown consistency.

Right now you guys are entertained by effort. Effort should be a given. What you guys need to worry about is the developmental regression of the young players. Knox has regressed as has Frank. We are enthusiastic about Trier but he is a one on one player. System be damned. Another concern is Fizz has no system and he is relying on one on one play. It won’t get the team anywhere and you know it won’t.

you are right...
he's going to be better
what else are you going to expect from a young team besides effort?
frank does look regressed (is it due to injury)? knox...uh just back from injury right? we are not even 25% of the season through. your type of thinking is why progress seems impossible in new york. always looking at glass half empty.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/21/2018  3:38 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Vmart wrote:You guys acting like KD is a shoe in and KP is going to as good as before. We are in the territory of the unknowns. We had Melo, KP, Rose and Noah and we sucked. It doesn’t matter the team never has shown consistency.

Right now you guys are entertained by effort. Effort should be a given. What you guys need to worry about is the developmental regression of the young players. Knox has regressed as has Frank. We are enthusiastic about Trier but he is a one on one player. System be damned. Another concern is Fizz has no system and he is relying on one on one play. It won’t get the team anywhere and you know it won’t.

you are right...
he's going to be better
frank does look regressed (is it due to injury)? knox...uh just back from injury right? we are not even 25% of the season through. your type of thinking is why progress seems impossible in new york. always looking at glass half empty.

What do you mean my type of thinking. What is wrong with my type of thinking. What makes you the judge, jury and executioner of my type of thinking? I was merely pointing out what is fact not relying on speculation. As you have just done in your post. Speculating Frank is injured. Speculating Knox is playing poorly because he just returned from injury. Speculating KP will be better than before.

The realities is we don’t know. Only thing we do know is our development has been always poor and needs to be improved immediately. As for youth movement there will be growing pains but youth movement isn’t what is happening here you have castaways that are young there is a difference. They have been give a chance and have been moved on by their previous teams.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/21/2018  3:55 PM
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Knox hasn't shown anything at all. I find it amazing people amount him part of the future.

He just turned 19 (should be a college freshman) and has shown signs of NBA scoring ability. He's big and a smooth athlete. Dominated his age in SL. He's all potential, and little production right now. It is more about his approach than his talent. He shows the talent, no one can deny that. You can see what he's capable of in flashes. But remember he's 19. It won't happen very often yet.

Agreed...I mentioned in a another post that Knox is a year older than HS seniors!!! And after 18 games in the NBA (actually less than that since he was hurt) some are ready to write him off as being a part of our future? SMH...This is the mentality that makes it impossible for this fanbase to accept a rebuild. How about we give his body time to grow and get stronger...Give him time to adjust to the speed of the game...Give him a couple of summers to do some film work and work on his weaknesses and add on to his strengths....Remember, we are the same franchise that had a coach walk the sidelines and call a 19-20 year old Trevor Ariza delusional and force us to trade him away before he could develop into the champion and elite talent he became.

No one said anything about writing him off

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/21/2018  3:57 PM
Rainman1248 gets you guys good with his "Oh, woes is me the poor knick fan"......
Losing sucks. News at 11.
His idea of a rebuild was the 54 game "Woodson" season when we retired Kurt, Kmart, Sheed and Kidd. non finished the season.
Melo had perhaps his best year as a pro. It was fun, we all enjoyed it. How did they react? Traded for Bargs. The last of the real ignorant days.
Phil messed up, but he did not kill the future. If Noah's contract was the worse of it, then he is the best GM in the last 15 years for us.
As for Mills and Perry? How do I know they are on the right path? cuz Rainman1248 doe not think so.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/21/2018  4:34 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Someone said that he is not part of the future. I think that is the same thing as writing him off. Maybe you could clarify what you meant.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/21/2018  4:50 PM
Vmart wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

you are right...
he's going to be better

What do you mean my type of thinking. What is wrong with my type of thinking. What makes you the judge, jury and executioner of my type of thinking? I was merely pointing out what is fact not relying on speculation. As you have just done in your post. Speculating Frank is injured. Speculating Knox is playing poorly because he just returned from injury. Speculating KP will be better than before.

The realities is we don’t know. Only thing we do know is our development has been always poor and needs to be improved immediately. As for youth movement there will be growing pains but youth movement isn’t what is happening here you have castaways that are young there is a difference. They have been give a chance and have been moved on by their previous teams.

Fizdale said Frank has a sore right shoulder so it isn't speculation. It would be a relief if his bad shooting was because of that. I believe Berman reported that Frank said both shoulders were sore. In regards to Knox, he had a nasty sprain but said he felt good when the Knicks played the raptors a while back. I know he was still receiving treatment for the ankle when he first came back from the injury. Maybe he is done with that and is 100% healthy. I do think Knox has to get back the conditioning that he had from the summer and training camp. He was off the court for two weeks. But you could call that speculation. I think saying his play has regressed is definitely speculating because he has only played in 11 games and three of those games he got a total of 18 minutes because of his injury.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/21/2018  5:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Someone said that he is not part of the future. I think that is the same thing as writing him off. Maybe you could clarify what you meant.

Why is it unclear? I am willing to be patient with him to see what he has. He becomes a part of the future ONLY AFTER he has shown what he can contribute. Right now he hasn't earned a starting spot and hasn't really shown anything much. I am not putting him on a timeline but I am also not putting him on a pedestal.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/21/2018  11:14 PM
Nalod wrote:Rainman1248 gets you guys good with his "Oh, woes is me the poor knick fan"......
His idea of a rebuild was the 54 game "Woodson" season when we retired Kurt, Kmart, Sheed and Kidd. non finished the season.
Melo had perhaps his best year as a pro. It was fun, we all enjoyed it. How did they react? Traded for Bargs. The last of the real ignorant days.
Phil messed up, but he did not kill the future. If Noah's contract was the worse of it, then he is the best GM in the last 15 years for us.
As for Mills and Perry? How do I know they are on the right path? cuz Rainman1248 doe not think so.

Dude, What is up with this weird fetish you have with Knicks1248? Seems like you can't post without mentioning him....and calling him out of his name at that.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/22/2018  8:14 AM
why has my meaningful and thoughtful thread been hijacked?!?!

We won last night! And they all looked ****ing great doing it against a really good team.

Even Mudiay with his 5 points came up big at the end hitting his 2 fts.

Knox 2 for 2 from downtown. I know he has shot poorly, but you can see he has a smooth stroke.

Next year, if we add a solid draft pick, get KP back and add a solid FA - doesn't have to be KD- we're right there in the top half of the conference next year.

The potential upside from there will be answered by what our rookies become.

I'm not trying to be pink glasses nixluva everything is always great.

But Fiz is the best coach we've had since Riley, and for once, our FO is on the same page and not spinning their wheels with BS moves.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/22/2018  9:31 PM
Really, you have to consider that Knox, Mitchell, Trier, and Frank should all be better players next year. So you add KP and KD, and this team should be no worse than the 5th best team in the East, right after Boston, Philly, Toronto, and the Bucks. And, I think we could take any of those teams in a 7 game series. But it would all depend on how much the rookies develop between now and next year. THis is why Fizdale is playing them. I mean, there is no way Mitchell is better than Kanter right now. But they are trying to fasttrack Mitchell's development.
Trust the Process
Cartman718

11/23/2018  1:12 AM
Vmart wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

you are right...
he's going to be better

uh not true. you said you guys acting like KP is going to be as good as before. First of all, most people witholding judgement on that, but you are the one that is putting conjecture into the mix by hinting that he wont be as good as before. so like you said in your rebuttal that the reality is that we dont know. so why does your original post reek of pessimism:

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

11/23/2018  1:14 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

you are right...
he's going to be better

Fizdale said Frank has a sore right shoulder so it isn't speculation. It would be a relief if his bad shooting was because of that. I believe Berman reported that Frank said both shoulders were sore. In regards to Knox, he had a nasty sprain but said he felt good when the Knicks played the raptors a while back. I know he was still receiving treatment for the ankle when he first came back from the injury. Maybe he is done with that and is 100% healthy. I do think Knox has to get back the conditioning that he had from the summer and training camp. He was off the court for two weeks. But you could call that speculation. I think saying his play has regressed is definitely speculating because he has only played in 11 games and three of those games he got a total of 18 minutes because of his injury.

Exactly. I wasn't even going to post rebuttal on that if people can't read the news on their own. waste of time.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/23/2018  10:09 AM
Knixkik wrote:I think this is probably a 37-40 win team with KP right now. Obviously the rotations and roles of players changes completely if KP is in the picture. Hardaway is proving what he can do and would be an excellent #2. He would take pressure off of KP. Vonleh would be an amazing paring with KP. In terms of fit he would probably be better than anyone KP has ever played with in the front court. Right now i would start KP, Vonleh, Knox, Hardaway, and Mudiay and i think it could win some games. Add KD to the mix next year and this is probably a 48 win team or so. Next year with improvements from Knox, Robinson, Trier, and Ntilikina this would probable be a 50+ win team with KD and a healthy KP. Likely starting lineup would be KP, KD, Knox, Hardaway, and Ntilikina (who would just be able to focus on defense and open shots) but i can see plenty of bigger lineups with Robinson/Vonleh at the 5, KP, KD, Hardaway, and Ntilikina. 1st round pick in 2019 and Trier in the mix too and it would be a nice looking group.

+1

Patience is needed...that's all.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/23/2018  10:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/23/2018  10:40 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Rainman1248 gets you guys good with his "Oh, woes is me the poor knick fan"......

Dude, What is up with this weird fetish you have with Knicks1248? Seems like you can't post without mentioning him....and calling him out of his name at that.

My weird fetish with him is not so personal but the content by which he seeming posts things not as opinion but of fact. Making shyt up promotes ignorance among others. So its called out.
Its ok to state an opinion but it need be addressed as one. If its a fact, reference it. In school it was required. Otherwise your plagiarizing or creating fiction. To state things as if you were there but not is both lazy and arrogant.
I prefer we all trust each other here as fans/friends. This is my "Schtick". That's my fetish. Best example is when our friend got all indignant that the London game was being "Disrespected" by being broadcasted at 3pm. He ranted on about respect. Nalod reminded him about the time difference and not a peep of "Oh, my bad". It was not a "Gotcha" moment by me but when he did not even recognize his simple blunder (don't we all make mistakes?) it was my "civic" duty to the board to discredit him.
My redundancy mirrors his.
I like a lot of posts I don't agree with. Having a good take with facts is excellent convo. Having an opinion based on actually watching games or doing a bit of research is respected and is the norm around here. There are dozens of less than thought out trade concepts or rants that are presented all the time. Nalod does not chime in on all of them.

What's our Record with KP? And KD?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy