[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks start Trier, Pelicans Fear.....
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/16/2018  10:39 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:Fizzdale struggle closing games
Two best players in this game is wearing blue...Davis and Holiday imposing their will
Cmon man.
Since you know so much, how about you break it down for us...show and tell where the break downs happened what could Fiz have done to prevent it.
You gotta pick your poison with davis. When he rolls to the basket you have to meet him with a helper from the weak side and hope we can rotate fast enough when they swing the ball. He is getting a free run to the basket.

Of course, its poor communication by players, some switching when it wasn't necessary, not to mention, weak side defense is tough to teach to young players. That comes with experience, film work, etc...also, let's not pretend that Davis ain't 1 of the top 3 players in the world...PNR is the oldest play in the book not to mention one of the toughest to defend...its why most teams run it down the stretch...offensive rebounding killed us...we got pushed around under the boards

AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/16/2018  10:39 PM
Knox and Mitch needs to do a better Job on the defensive boards.
Uptown

11/16/2018  10:40 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Gotta give the Pelicans credit. They played a real crappy first half. They came out in the 2nd half ready to roll. Not upset,we are young and this year is all about going through the growing pains.

You read some of these posts and you think the Knicks are a contender. LOL.

The Knicks are the youngest team in the NBA. They also don't have much talent on the roster.

People getting upset at this team or the coach just amaze me.

The best thing for this franchise is to have an opportunity to draft another franchise player. Hopefully we can have a chance at Zion, Reddish or Barrett this year. We need another franchise guy next to Porzingis.

Agreed...but people need to lay blame on someone regardless.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/16/2018  10:41 PM
frank as to get his game together. 16 games in. No panic.
In fact none t his year. Davis is top 5 in the league. MVP candidate. We have Hardaway. Good player, not an allstar or in any MVP convo. Trier looked like a Rook, Frank good defense, Mudiay got tired, I thought Robinson ad a few good moments.
Good game Actually. Burke gives too much away on defense.
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/16/2018  10:41 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Two best players in this game is wearing blue...Davis and Holiday imposing their will

No we are letting them do that by not playing defense

Nobody in a knock uni is stopping Davis

You need to stop the ball getting to Davis, and yes we have players that can do something about that.too bad they are planted on the bench watching trey burke stand and watch Holiday run circles around him

Fiz been subbing Frank and Burke in out on offensive and defensive possessions...he is doing his part...at some point the players have to make plays...the better players which were Davis and Holiday made the plays...

Yeah he started that after giving up a 10 point lead and going down 3. Already way too late. And subbing in and out doesn't work, you need to leave them in there. Knox did absolutely nothing in Q4 yet he was on the floor the whole time. That's poor coaching

Knox actually had a ok night shooting. I’m not sure he touched the ball in the 4th

Seriously if ur not got to let him touch the ball put in Vonleh or Mitch then. They’ll provide better D

(5)(5)
Uptown

11/16/2018  10:43 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

So we just don’t play the game because they have the studs?

Another lead vaporized

Our D is worse than hornacek’s last year. That’s just a fact

I hope it changes but ur a cuckoo bird if u think fizz is doing well at the end of the game

Fiz is learning his team. The Knicks started 3 rookies. D was supposed to suck and it was supposed to be a tank line up. The rooks played great. Tim was great. No Mario was great. Fiz gets time with his team and they are better.

Can't understand why this is a hard concept to grasp but some posters on this board...

Chandler

11/16/2018  10:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Another lead vaporized

I hope it changes but ur a cuckoo bird if u think fizz is doing well at the end of the game

Fiz is learning his team. The Knicks started 3 rookies. D was supposed to suck and it was supposed to be a tank line up. The rooks played great. Tim was great. No Mario was great. Fiz gets time with his team and they are better.

This is what I’m hoping for. I am seriously hoping he figures
Out how
To close a game as much or more so than who is in starting line up

I hate celts but they’re successful and their mantra is it’s not who starts but who
Finishes

(5)(5)
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/16/2018  10:49 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Gotta give the Pelicans credit. They played a real crappy first half. They came out in the 2nd half ready to roll. Not upset,we are young and this year is all about going through the growing pains.

The Knicks are the youngest team in the NBA. They also don't have much talent on the roster.

The best thing for this franchise is to have an opportunity to draft another franchise player. Hopefully we can have a chance at Zion, Reddish or Barrett this year. We need another franchise guy next to Porzingis.

Um... When did I say we were a contender. In my post im pretty much saying we arent a playoff team
Chandler

11/16/2018  10:50 PM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Another lead vaporized

Can't understand why this is a hard concept to grasp but some posters on this board...

Hey if you think coaches are infallible be my guest

I can provide a loooong list of exhibits to the contrary

Players can flub up and IMHO coaches can too. They’re not perfect

My hope is he adapts and learns.

(5)(5)
JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

11/16/2018  10:52 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

Um... When did I say we were a contender. In my post im pretty much saying we arent a playoff team

I think I just quoted your post by accident.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
StarksEwing1

11/16/2018  10:54 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

I think I just quoted your post by accident.

No problem. I know we arent a contender. Personally all I want is the kids to play in all situations and get another high pick. Also I want KP to get at least 20 games in
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/16/2018  10:57 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

You need to stop the ball getting to Davis, and yes we have players that can do something about that.too bad they are planted on the bench watching trey burke stand and watch Holiday run circles around him

Fiz been subbing Frank and Burke in out on offensive and defensive possessions...he is doing his part...at some point the players have to make plays...the better players which were Davis and Holiday made the plays...

Yeah he started that after giving up a 10 point lead and going down 3. Already way too late. And subbing in and out doesn't work, you need to leave them in there. Knox did absolutely nothing in Q4 yet he was on the floor the whole time. That's poor coaching

Fiz said he wanted to see how the rooks responded in that situation. If the Knicks are trying to get home court in the east that is poor coaching. If the Knicks are scraping and focusing on development that is good coaching.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/16/2018  11:01 PM
48 baskets...15 assists

Is this any kind of record?

Pelicans had 48 baskets, too...with 27 assists.

Said it earlier in the year...I don't see a consistent offensive philosophy so far.

Would love to know how our assist to basket ratio stands up to other teams.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
USA
11/16/2018  11:04 PM
Nalod wrote:credit the team for the lead, blame Fiz for losing it...

Credit the vet team, home team, team with the best player for winning. Credit the team starting 3 rooks on the road for having a good game plan, for playing hard and fighting. Start of the game did you expect the Knicks to win? Maybe being in the game until the final minute despite being talent/experience challenged is because the Knicks have a good coach.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/16/2018  11:05 PM
we are in full tank mode..fizdale is not trying to win games at all, he botched that 4th quarter rotation on purpose. he kept flipping burke for frank (defense/offense) like it was a couple possessions left, when it was actually 4 MINS, than through mudiay in there for 2 min,

that kanter sht is reminding me MORE AND MORE of the gasol drama. We are getting destroyed on the boards, and you leave your best rebounder on the bench, like mitch was really doing something.

Cmon now, this is full tank mode, this is not how you coach to win games

ES
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/16/2018  11:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Fiz said he wanted to see how the rooks responded in that situation. If the Knicks are trying to get home court in the east that is poor coaching. If the Knicks are scraping and focusing on development that is good coaching.

OK then he needs to start the three rookies along with Frank and Boobies the rest of the way. Non need to start anyone else at any point in the season. I am good with that.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

11/16/2018  11:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:we are in full tank mode..fizdale is not trying to win games at all, he botched that 4th quarter rotation on purpose. he kept flipping burke for frank (defense/offense) like it was a couple possessions left, when it was actually 4 MINS, than through mudiay in there for 2 min,

that kanter sht is reminding me MORE AND MORE of the gasol drama. We are getting destroyed on the boards, and you leave your best rebounder on the bench, like mitch was really doing something.

Who CARES?

What the fck is Kanter going to do for the future of this team? Why do you care so much about a guy who will not be here next year? What important games are we winning right now?

This is madness. Just sit back, enjoy the young kid and the rebuild and stop going nuts after every game.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
StarksEwing1

11/16/2018  11:10 PM
knicks1248 wrote:we are in full tank mode..fizdale is not trying to win games at all, he botched that 4th quarter rotation on purpose. he kept flipping burke for frank (defense/offense) like it was a couple possessions left, when it was actually 4 MINS, than through mudiay in there for 2 min,

As much as you hate is this year is about the kids more than a few extra wins. They basically said this before the season. This is a young inexperienced team without their top player. This isnt a playoff team. However the kids are gaining experience in all situations which is great for the future
StarksEwing1

11/16/2018  11:11 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:

Who CARES?

What the fck is Kanter going to do for the future of this team? Why do you care so much about a guy who will not be here next year? What important games are we winning right now?

This is madness. Just sit back, enjoy the young kid and the rebuild and stop going nuts after every game.

knicks 1248 doesnt believe in building through youth and the draft. He feels the veterans and a few extra wins will lure top free agents
CrushAlot
USA
11/16/2018  11:16 PM
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Another lead vaporized

This is what I’m hoping for. I am seriously hoping he figures
Out how
To close a game as much or more so than who is in starting line up

I hate celts but they’re successful and their mantra is it’s not who starts but who
Finishes

Young players have to learn how to close out games. Playoff teams have to learn how to beat that team that always knocks them out. The Knicks are really young and were in this game until the final minute. I don't know if there is a coach that pushes this team over the top against veteran playoff talent. I think that is an unrealistic expectation.
Game Thread: Knicks start Trier, Pelicans Fear.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy