[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks start Trier, Pelicans Fear.....
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/17/2018  7:38 AM
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:Fizzdale struggle closing games

Two best players in this game is wearing blue...Davis and Holiday imposing their will

No we are letting them do that by not playing defense

Nobody in a knock uni is stopping Davis

So we just don’t play the game because they have the studs?

Another lead vaporized

Our D is worse than hornacek’s last year. That’s just a fact

I hope it changes but ur a cuckoo bird if u think fizz is doing well at the end of the game

Fiz is learning his team. The Knicks started 3 rookies. D was supposed to suck and it was supposed to be a tank line up. The rooks played great. Tim was great. No Mario was great. Fiz gets time with his team and they are better.

Can't understand why this is a hard concept to grasp but some posters on this board...

Hey if you think coaches are infallible be my guest

I can provide a loooong list of exhibits to the contrary

Players can flub up and IMHO coaches can too. They’re not perfect

My hope is he adapts and learns.

Remember how bad or overwhelmed people thought Brad Stevenson was in his first yr with the Celts!? Now he is looked at as one of the best coaches in the league...is it a coincidence that his coaching got better as the talent on his roster improved?

AUTOADVERT
nykshaknbake
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #492
11/17/2018  8:07 AM
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Two best players in this game is wearing blue...Davis and Holiday imposing their will

You need to stop the ball getting to Davis, and yes we have players that can do something about that.too bad they are planted on the bench watching trey burke stand and watch Holiday run circles around him

Fiz been subbing Frank and Burke in out on offensive and defensive possessions...he is doing his part...at some point the players have to make plays...the better players which were Davis and Holiday made the plays...

Yeah he started that after giving up a 10 point lead and going down 3. Already way too late. And subbing in and out doesn't work, you need to leave them in there. Knox did absolutely nothing in Q4 yet he was on the floor the whole time. That's poor coaching

Fiz said he wanted to see how the rooks responded in that situation. If the Knicks are trying to get home court in the east that is poor coaching. If the Knicks are scraping and focusing on development that is good coaching.

OK then he needs to start the three rookies along with Frank and Boobies the rest of the way. Non need to start anyone else at any point in the season. I am good with that.

Why do you insist on Frank starting when Mudiay has outplayed him since returning to the lineup? It's clear that your problem with Fiz is directly linked to Frank...

Meloshouldgo is a Phil Jackson fanboy. It was Phil vs Melo so hence his name. Frank is a controversial Phil pick so all threats to Frank must be eliminated and he must log starters minutes no matter what.

Uptown

11/17/2018  8:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/17/2018  8:28 AM
I was able to catch the final 2 mins and overtime of the Celts and Rapts....every time down the court on both sides it was either iso and or PNR...Kyrie and Kwahi took turns iso-ing and making buckets...the hottest player, Kyrie, was able to pull it out...Brad Stevenson is a really good coach, but there was nothing innovative by him down the stretch...of course Fiz can coach better, he is still young in his career as essentially this is his 2nd yr....he will grow along with his young players...but in the end, the best players on the court usually win the game and the 'chip...Davis and Dru Holiday were the 2 best players on the court.
Uptown

11/17/2018  8:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/17/2018  8:47 AM
There were 2 keys plays down the stretch that pretty much lost the game for us....The Pels ran a 4 out 1 in offensive set. Knox played in front of Davis in the post while Holiday had the ball at the 3 pts line. Since grade school, when coaches teach pressure man to man defense, you are taught to deny the first pass to either wing, front the post and help on the weak side of the court if you are 2 passes away. Nowadays, these athletes are so good and athletic, Dru Holiday just threw it over the top of Knox who was fronting the post for an alley oop... Robindon had the help side but didn't have one foot in the paint like he was taught because he was afraid of the 3 ball in the corner of the stretch offense....

Knox is at some fault because he didn't body up on Davis and take away his legs...this is a teachable moment during film study but some of you on this board want 19 and 20 yr old kids to play like experienced vets. Remember, Knox played one year of college ball and Robinson played HS ball and had a year off...I have remind myself that Knox is a year older than the seniors I Coach in HS!!! That's insane!! I can't imagine my girls jumping from me to the WNBA because there is so much that they still don't know about the game of basketball..

The other play that hurt us, was the next time down the floor, N. O ran the same play...4 out and 1 in...Robinson guarded Davis this time and did a better job of trying to push Davis under the basket to prevent the lob (quick learner) but, Dru Holiday pulled up and knocked in a 3 with a hand in his face. Great offensive play beat good defense by Hardaway...The game was essentially over at that point...

Again we have to remind our selves of how young these players are...yhis is not a final product, they will grow and learn as will Fiz.

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/17/2018  8:58 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Hahaba hahahaha hahahahahahaha

That game was laughable bad.

Bad coaching, bad substitution, we basically handed them the game...

Are we loosing on purpose? It sure looked like fiz threw this game on purpose.

You’d have to be a idiot of a coach to let a aweful team like the Pels come back

Haha ahahaha baaaa hahaha

I mean Mudiay actually played a great game, why on earth do you pull him in the end... for our worst defensive guard in Burke.

Zion here we come

Fiz keep up the aweful coaching

Mudiay has had a lot Dumb moments in the final minutes of close games. I eanted to see Mudiay finish to see if he could finish a game without being a big reason why the team lost the game inthe final game. If I just wanted to play the point that gave me the best chance of winning I play Burke.

Also mudiays ft% is under 60%. Tough to have him
Close a game

He needs to get that to 80%. Personally I think that would be transformative

If u shoot great from the stripe u can seek contact

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/17/2018  9:07 AM
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

So we just don’t play the game because they have the studs?

Another lead vaporized

Our D is worse than hornacek’s last year. That’s just a fact

I hope it changes but ur a cuckoo bird if u think fizz is doing well at the end of the game

Fiz is learning his team. The Knicks started 3 rookies. D was supposed to suck and it was supposed to be a tank line up. The rooks played great. Tim was great. No Mario was great. Fiz gets time with his team and they are better.

Can't understand why this is a hard concept to grasp but some posters on this board...

Hey if you think coaches are infallible be my guest

I can provide a loooong list of exhibits to the contrary

Players can flub up and IMHO coaches can too. They’re not perfect

My hope is he adapts and learns.

Remember how bad or overwhelmed people thought Brad Stevenson was in his first yr with the Celts!? Now he is looked at as one of the best coaches in the league...is it a coincidence that his coaching got better as the talent on his roster improved?

Of course. Better ingredients, better pizza

I have also seen stacked teams
Underperform and unstacked teams perform well

Fizz is a young enthusiastic coach. He needs to grow and develop just like most of our roster

I would love to see some guru assistants too

(5)(5)
blkexec
Member: #748
11/17/2018  10:19 AM
Uptown wrote:I was able to catch the final 2 mins and overtime of the Celts and Rapts....every time down the court on both sides it was either iso and or PNR...Kyrie and Kwahi took turns iso-ing and making buckets...the hottest player, Kyrie, was able to pull it out...Brad Stevenson is a really good coach, but there was nothing innovative by him down the stretch...of course Fiz can coach better, he is still young in his career as essentially this is his 2nd yr....he will grow along with his young players...but in the end, the best players on the court usually win the game and the 'chip...Davis and Dru Holiday were the 2 best players on the court.

Good post

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/17/2018  6:14 PM
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

You need to stop the ball getting to Davis, and yes we have players that can do something about that.too bad they are planted on the bench watching trey burke stand and watch Holiday run circles around him

Fiz been subbing Frank and Burke in out on offensive and defensive possessions...he is doing his part...at some point the players have to make plays...the better players which were Davis and Holiday made the plays...

Yeah he started that after giving up a 10 point lead and going down 3. Already way too late. And subbing in and out doesn't work, you need to leave them in there. Knox did absolutely nothing in Q4 yet he was on the floor the whole time. That's poor coaching

Fiz said he wanted to see how the rooks responded in that situation. If the Knicks are trying to get home court in the east that is poor coaching. If the Knicks are scraping and focusing on development that is good coaching.

OK then he needs to start the three rookies along with Frank and Boobies the rest of the way. Non need to start anyone else at any point in the season. I am good with that.

Why do you insist on Frank starting when Mudiay has outplayed him since returning to the lineup? It's clear that your problem with Fiz is directly linked to Frank...

I don't. I was responding to the premise of what Crushalot posted. If the coach truly thinks this year is throwaway and he wants to really figure out what the kids do best, he needs to start the kids( rookies and sophomores) and play them long minutes. Mudiay hasn't outplayed anyone. He is and will always be a scrub. But I haven't opposed benching Frank when he wasn't playing well. I just want the coach to be consistent, which he is not. If he was Boobies would still be starting not Knox.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/17/2018  7:19 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I don't. I was responding to the premise of what Crushalot posted. If the coach truly thinks this year is throwaway and he wants to really figure out what the kids do best, he needs to start the kids( rookies and sophomores) and play them long minutes. Mudiay hasn't outplayed anyone. He is and will always be a scrub. But I haven't opposed benching Frank when he wasn't playing well. I just want the coach to be consistent, which he is not. If he was Boobies would still be starting not Knox.

What I wrote was based on this quote from the post game interview with Fiz.
“I wanted that young group out there at the end to learn how to finish the game and weather the storm on the road,’’ Fizdale said. “I wanted them to go through that winning or suffering.’
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/17/2018  10:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

What I wrote was based on this quote from the post game interview with Fiz.
“I wanted that young group out there at the end to learn how to finish the game and weather the storm on the road,’’ Fizdale said. “I wanted them to go through that winning or suffering.’

I believe you. I just expect him to be consistent with what he is saying.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Game Thread: Knicks start Trier, Pelicans Fear.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy