Blow it up........
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/15/2018  1:27 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:I don't buy the chalk it up to youth excuse. Yes that accounts for certain things, e.g., Adam's tricks on Mitch to seal him off from a rebound

But youth should also mean fresh legs, hunger etc.

We are in a serious rut at the moment and IMHO at the moment we have no idea what we are trying to accomplish on offense or defense, as in zero.

Good coaches know how to extract a player's strengths and hide their weaknesses. Exhibit A on this should be players like Harden and DeRozan who I am certain if they were in a Knick uniform would be one dimensional offensive bums, but with a good organization are superstars. Exhibit B could be someone like Capella who was one dimensional defense. Exhibit C could be Steve Novak under Woodson.

Honestly, every player in the league has flaws including Lebron (e.g., his ego and his coach issues)

Coaches are like chefs, the players are ingredients. Even with the humble egg, some make dried out scrambled eggs and others soufflé's

Our "good" guys are not playing right, and not being put into positions to succeed.

We also need the humility to concede that certain personnel decisions however well intended were not wise. If Hezonja still can't figure it out, let's give that slot and those minutes to someone who might, same too re Burke, and IMHO Mudiay

100% agree

I like fiz, but he maybe like the rest of the coaches we have encountered, A GOOD ASSISTANT.

The fact that our last 3 coaches(Fiz,JH, FISHER) have had very little to no HEAD coaching experience, says a lot about MILLs, although JH and fisher was more on phil

Also, Mills was well aware (even after perry and mills stated) that you should never put together a squad as young and as inexperience as these guys are and expect development to progress.

You cant win with young players because they don't how, they don't really care as much, and it's so easy for them to lose confidence.

Young guys will always fall back on bad habits.

No leadership, No legit PG, and no worth while veterans, will get you no where fast..

Fiz game plan is being executed by a bunch of clueless cast off players who have a ton of bad habits, and low confidence.

Waiving Noah without at least seeing what kind of impact he could of had was pretty stupid. If kanter goes down, all we have is Mitch and kornet..really

To state that Fiz at this point is only a good assistant is ridiculous. Brad Stevens, who I think is one if not the best coach in the NBA , 1st yr with the Celtics record was 25-57. He had much better players on that team than we do. We may not see it the last 2 games but the Knicks are hustling and playing better defense than I have seen a Knick team do in many yrs. We need to be patient. I guarantee this team will be better as the yr progresses. Fiz is a good young coach who we need to give him time here.

Oh i'm not on board with firing him, but the front office has to stop thinking that they can make moves to get him better players.

The celtics at least got ISaiah thomas via trade to set off there winning culture, they gave fiz mudiay,

why the hell is burke getting DNP's, while trier, frank, THJ, mudiay, mario don't even avg 6 assist combine

ES
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/15/2018  1:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2018  1:57 PM
Nalod wrote:Weird right, Lance goes out and two blow outs. He was not the answer but his absence is notable.

Lance isn't injured. He's handling covert negotiations with Zion's team.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
JamesKPolk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4093

11/15/2018  2:21 PM
I think we can all agree that this team needs more talent. A lot more.

Knox, we have no idea what he’ll be. He’s very raw now. He doesn’t do anything but shoot. Can’t play defense, pass or rebound. He’ll need a minimum 2 years to come along.

Mitchell has some God given athletic talents that can’t be taught. Now he just needs to learn the fundamentals. I think the sky is the limit for him. Out of everyone on our roster, he’s the guy I believe in the most (KP aside).

Trier is a nice Lou Williams iso player but needs to develop some passing skills to be potent. He has a good 6th man career in this league if he can improvd his court vision.

Frank is going to be a solid player in the league. He’ll never be a star and he’ll never score a lot. He’ll be a nice role player - even a starter - on a good team because of his elite defense. That can’t be taught.

Dotson is a bench guy at best but he’s shown some signs. He should be back next year.

Vonleh has been a great find. He’s a nice diamond in the rough role player to have on a small deal.

Hezonja is awful. Not deserving of an NBA roster spot.

Mudiay/Burke - fringe NBA players at best. Not worthy to be in any future discussion.

I can’t thibk of anyone else who matters.

Baker, Luke, Lance, Kanter, and Lee are all irrelevant to the future of the team.

Hardaway Jr is the brick master. A 6th man for any other team but on ours he’s the first option with KP out. Props to Mills for the awful contract given to Brickaway. It ensures he’ll never be traded for the duration of his deal.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/15/2018  6:27 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:I think we can all agree that this team needs more talent. A lot more.

Knox, we have no idea what he’ll be. He’s very raw now. He doesn’t do anything but shoot. Can’t play defense, pass or rebound. He’ll need a minimum 2 years to come along.

Mitchell has some God given athletic talents that can’t be taught. Now he just needs to learn the fundamentals. I think the sky is the limit for him. Out of everyone on our roster, he’s the guy I believe in the most (KP aside).

Trier is a nice Lou Williams iso player but needs to develop some passing skills to be potent. He has a good 6th man career in this league if he can improvd his court vision.

Frank is going to be a solid player in the league. He’ll never be a star and he’ll never score a lot. He’ll be a nice role player - even a starter - on a good team because of his elite defense. That can’t be taught.

Dotson is a bench guy at best but he’s shown some signs. He should be back next year.

Vonleh has been a great find. He’s a nice diamond in the rough role player to have on a small deal.

Mudiay/Burke - fringe NBA players at best. Not worthy to be in any future discussion.

Baker, Luke, Lance, Kanter, and Lee are all irrelevant to the future of the team.

Hardaway Jr is the brick master. A 6th man for any other team but on ours he’s the first option with KP out. Props to Mills for the awful contract given to Brickaway. It ensures he’ll never be traded for the duration of his deal.

See... even casual fans can see who is who.
Fiz is doing great job get into the clear with what we have and what we need.
Good job.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/15/2018  6:37 PM
Nalod wrote:Weird right, Lance goes out and two blow outs. He was not the answer but his absence is notable.

Sometimes you are like a motivational speaker who doesn't realize he only says really depressing things.

It's like a script writer from Grey's Anatomy became a Knicks fan.

Knicks are short handed and have guys hurt and have young players and don't have a ton of depth. I'm not sure what people are expecting here.

"Meredith, this is the unluckiest hospital in the entire world! There's been a plane crash, a bomb, an active shooter, a plague, natural disasters and horrible luck with love! Also your hair just looks terrible! Is anyone else curious why there are no Asian nor East Indian doctors in all of Seattle? Why does the janitor look like a model? I don't know where you begin.... and I end!"

Welpee
Member: #6239

11/15/2018  8:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2018  8:31 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:I don't buy the chalk it up to youth excuse. Yes that accounts for certain things, e.g., Adam's tricks on Mitch to seal him off from a rebound

But youth should also mean fresh legs, hunger etc.

We are in a serious rut at the moment and IMHO at the moment we have no idea what we are trying to accomplish on offense or defense, as in zero.

Good coaches know how to extract a player's strengths and hide their weaknesses. Exhibit A on this should be players like Harden and DeRozan who I am certain if they were in a Knick uniform would be one dimensional offensive bums, but with a good organization are superstars. Exhibit B could be someone like Capella who was one dimensional defense. Exhibit C could be Steve Novak under Woodson.

Honestly, every player in the league has flaws including Lebron (e.g., his ego and his coach issues)

Coaches are like chefs, the players are ingredients. Even with the humble egg, some make dried out scrambled eggs and others soufflé's

Our "good" guys are not playing right, and not being put into positions to succeed.

We also need the humility to concede that certain personnel decisions however well intended were not wise. If Hezonja still can't figure it out, let's give that slot and those minutes to someone who might, same too re Burke, and IMHO Mudiay

100% agree

I like fiz, but he maybe like the rest of the coaches we have encountered, A GOOD ASSISTANT.

The fact that our last 3 coaches(Fiz,JH, FISHER) have had very little to no HEAD coaching experience, says a lot about MILLs, although JH and fisher was more on phil

Also, Mills was well aware (even after perry and mills stated) that you should never put together a squad as young and as inexperience as these guys are and expect development to progress.

You cant win with young players because they don't how, they don't really care as much, and it's so easy for them to lose confidence.

Young guys will always fall back on bad habits.

No leadership, No legit PG, and no worth while veterans, will get you no where fast..

Fiz game plan is being executed by a bunch of clueless cast off players who have a ton of bad habits, and low confidence.

Waiving Noah without at least seeing what kind of impact he could of had was pretty stupid. If kanter goes down, all we have is Mitch and kornet..really

To state that Fiz at this point is only a good assistant is ridiculous. Brad Stevens, who I think is one if not the best coach in the NBA , 1st yr with the Celtics record was 25-57. He had much better players on that team than we do. We may not see it the last 2 games but the Knicks are hustling and playing better defense than I have seen a Knick team do in many yrs. We need to be patient. I guarantee this team will be better as the yr progresses. Fiz is a good young coach who we need to give him time here.

Funny you should mention Stevens. What was his record with the Celtics that year after 15 games? 5-10. Now of course folks are going to say Fiz is not a rookie coach and had NBA experience as an assistant.
JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

11/15/2018  9:31 PM
arkrud wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:I think we can all agree that this team needs more talent. A lot more.

Good job.

Casual fans?

Gtfo.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/15/2018  9:36 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Good job.

Casual fans?

Gtfo.

I know we are all great basketball minds here on UK, especially knicks1248...
He knows the stuff...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/15/2018  10:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2018  10:30 PM
nalod - scorched earth blow up almost never works. gotta have vets around that can actually still perform on the court so you can slot young players in roles and have them develop there. you can cite the philly example but for every philly, there's sacramento, atl, orlando, etc. and philly took like 5 shots at top 3 picks to get embiid + simmons.

throwing a bunch of young players into the wilderness, imho, hurts more than helps - unless you have some transcendent talent. the only player of real, tangible talent the knicks have is kp and he's hurt...and nobody knows what he will look like after he comes back.

so what are you left with? a bunch of young players who may or may not be good but they are definitely not good right now. and putting not good players out there and expecting them to lead teams is why teams stay in the lotto. gm should've brought in some vets that can still play and lead.

but i guess if you're gonna be bad, you gotta be really bad in this league. that's how the draft is set up.

fwk00
Member: #6048

11/16/2018  12:14 AM
IMO, the best way to accelerate the maturing process is to accelerate the weeding out process.

Kanter is a massive liability on this team. Any talk of improving defense absolutely must include a deeper bench role for Kanter. Robinson and Kornet need to be tested in the paint. If we're going to lose, learn while you lose.

Burke and Hezonja need to be released immediately if not sooner. Complete waste of learning minutes. Promote Jenkins from the G-League.

Play Mudiay and Frank as often as possible Vonleh has earned a starting spot. Bring Hicks in for the second squad.

Anyone not cutting the mustard should get moved.

Expect reinjury with Porzingis, he's a bone-head that doesn't learn.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/16/2018  12:42 AM
All good points. Mostly
We done blowd is up! Noah gone, Melo gone, KP was the future, he in temporary exile.
I agree with youth left unattended will not help. Lance and Lee were here for that.
Season is so very young but we see where it’s headed. Painful.
But in the long run ok. Very long.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/16/2018  3:20 AM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/16/2018  10:16 AM
MS wrote:Is Lance Thomas really that important? The team seems to have given up recently and this happened a couple of years back. His impact maybe greater than ever expected.

I don't know what we are doing with Mudiay honestly. We should just cut the guy, he's played well, but anyone who isn't in the future plan we need to move on from. Whatever you can get for Kanter get it.

We need to keep losing and play, Trier, Frank, Knox, Robinson, Dotson, Voleah, Hardaway and mix Lee in there once he gets back. This team only wins if these guys develop and show proof of concept. I don't think we are that bad honestly if KP comes back the activity he will open up will make everyone's lives so much easier.

I think he may be more important this year than any other year. He is a leader, team-first, defense-oriented, etc. But really the most important aspect is he doesn't need the spotlight and will hold people accountable. I think that is extremely important when you consider how yootful the team is

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Blow it up........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy