[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fire Fizdale NOW!
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/15/2018  6:49 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

11/15/2018  7:31 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Man fiz, maybe that lineup would win if you created a better offensive game plan, instead of running the same play over and over and over again.

Maybe the Gasol drama was a smoke screen and they just fired him cause he’s not a good coach

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
11/15/2018  8:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2018  8:30 PM
My theory is that Fizdale is collecting data at this point. He will try as many combinations as needed to get the data he needs to find the correct lineup. Now, the reality is that one might not exist. If that's the case, so be it, we tank while trying to win and pray for a good draft pick. I don't see a problem with Fizdale at all. Kanter was getting destroyed by OKC btw, we don't have anyone who can stand up to Adams. Probably requires a different game plan entirely centered around Porzingis to have a chance.
Rose is not the answer.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/15/2018  9:05 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Man fiz, maybe that lineup would win if you created a better offensive game plan, instead of running the same play over and over and over again.

Maybe the Gasol drama was a smoke screen and they just fired him cause he’s not a good coach

Fiz and the Griz went 43-39 in his first year....Next year when he was fired, the Gris finished 22-60.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/15/2018  9:47 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

It's not Fiz.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/15/2018  10:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

It's not Fiz.

I don't think we know that for sure. I don't think there is enough data to know if he is a good or bad coach yet.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/16/2018  2:04 AM
FireHornacek wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

You can't reward mutiny. I don't give a **** how bad things are on the court.

But you are overlooking the fact that Fizdale created this mutiny. "He can win a trophy as sixth man." What the hell is that crap?

Did you see the mutiny on the bench last night? Kanter was livid. And it wasn't over a defensive lapse from Frank The Frenchman. Kanter is being mistreated by Fiz. You can blame the salary/free agency/financial structures of the NBA, but you are still overlooking Fiz's role in this: relegating to the bench a guy who should be starting and logging 35 minutes on a sub-par team like the Knicks.

Fiz is more or less throwing games in order to "develop" players. F that! There are 82 f-ing games in the season. Fiz has no right to toss a whole season away. Basketball involves FANS! Don't you get that? Paying customers. Paying cable TV subscribers. We should not be saddled with watching pre-season basketball for six and a half months!

Try to win the game! With Mitch Robinson against Adams (and Knox making his very first start {against OKC in OKC, for f***'s sake!}) we had no chance at all to win that game.

This type of logic is one of the reasons why Knicks have been so bad for so long. For about 18 years we haven't been a playoff team nor did we try to rebuild correctly. Which involves "developing" (WHAT?) and as a result losing (WHAT WHAT??) Now the losing part could have been done with starting Kanter , the numbers show he helps in that regard, but hen you are missing the development part.(which would be bad)

Why is being a sixth man of the year crap? If Kanter was even in the conversation for it that would mean great individual accomplishment for him. Great for his new contract as well.There is a reason why he has never been a starter in his career and it's the same reason why he cannot be an all-star.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

11/16/2018  3:05 AM
FireHornacek wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

But you are overlooking the fact that Fizdale created this mutiny. "He can win a trophy as sixth man." What the hell is that crap?

Did you see the mutiny on the bench last night? Kanter was livid. And it wasn't over a defensive lapse from Frank The Frenchman. Kanter is being mistreated by Fiz. You can blame the salary/free agency/financial structures of the NBA, but you are still overlooking Fiz's role in this: relegating to the bench a guy who should be starting and logging 35 minutes on a sub-par team like the Knicks.

Fiz is more or less throwing games in order to "develop" players. F that! There are 82 f-ing games in the season. Fiz has no right to toss a whole season away. Basketball involves FANS! Don't you get that? Paying customers. Paying cable TV subscribers. We should not be saddled with watching pre-season basketball for six and a half months!

Try to win the game! With Mitch Robinson against Adams (and Knox making his very first start {against OKC in OKC, for f***'s sake!}) we had no chance at all to win that game.

This is a joke post.

The Knicks are going nowhere. Win a game for what? To get the 9th pick instead of the 3rd? What good does that do us?

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/16/2018  10:37 AM
JamesKPolk wrote:
FireHornacek wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

This is a joke post.

The Knicks are going nowhere. Win a game for what? To get the 9th pick instead of the 3rd? What good does that do us?

what do you think happens to kids who lose 55 games, they develop bad habits, I don't know how many time you here coaches and GM's talk about that.

You think a player playing on losing squad and knows he has no chance of winning is going to develop good winning habits..LOL..and you look at frank and dotson and see the same mistakes/habits they had last season..

You think Dolan is going to slap Mills on his back and say "great job losing a ton of games", I can see the improvement..

Every season the knicks goal is to evaluate cast off journey players, draft bust, and rookies that are major projects

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/16/2018  11:18 AM
Loved seeing Frank's two blocks against OKC the other night. Sure we lost the game. It was lost before Frank ever checked into the game. I saw a lot of missed assists. I saw him brick a few shots. Maybe fiz is telling him "You have to learn to play hurt and feel this. Go out and just ****ing shot the gaddamn ball and don't worry about anything else!".

Frank is moving to take more shots than the passive pass thing. Even when he hesitates its shows progress. Why? He automatically moved the ball, now he is adjusting to score. I can see it at times. he is taking some ****ty shots too. That's an improvement as he didn't. This does not help winning btw, it develops.

Losing is never good but Rainman says we need to win to teach the kids this? How what does he suggest we aquire the talent to do that?
Lance, Noah, Enes and Lee. One third the roster is that. We don't know what happened with noah, maybe he said "Naw, im not mentoring, im out". Enes works hard but he was cap fodder for Melo, not part of a master plan. Last year was about .500 with KP. Not now. Knicks going young now. Good.
Rainman you have good ideas but they are not attainable without trading quality. Vonleh, Mario, Mudiay and Burk are reclamation projects. They have no value. You don't want them but what do you want? multi year guys like Clee? we did that with Melo and KP, Time to go all in.

Wiz did this a few years ago. Went young as per Owner wanted but they were too wild. Bring in a few vets they got to playoffs. Problem is Wall and was all along. Rebuilt with him as alpha and paid like a god. He is not. Youth is not generic, each team has its own markers. Teams that draft frequently Like magic and Sac sometimes shoot themselves in the foot but also shyt happens. Philly went two for 5 with lottery picks and they are hailed as the next great thing. Saric proved to be the chip that got them Butler. The process developed Covington. Takes years to be where they are. Boston is in a league by themselves and had the stones to trade KG and Pierce and think long term. That took balls.
Meanwhile the best team of our generation the Warriors are the blend of drafts, trades and free agents. No big lottery picks either. Just good smarts or good luck.

FireHornacek
Member: #7584

11/16/2018  12:30 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
what do you think happens to kids who lose 55 games, they develop bad habits, I don't know how many time you here coaches and GM's talk about that.

You think a player playing on losing squad and knows he has no chance of winning is going to develop good winning habits?

Bingo.
Exactly my point.

Knick Plan:
Let's lose over 60 games this year and tell our dopey fans "We are developing our young players." Only mindless Knick fans (and I don't buy that bullcrap that NY fans are the most knowledgeable of all fans) are stupid enough to buy into that bullcrap. Developing our youth by losing 65 games. Good God, how idiotic can you be to buy into that horsesh!t?

Losing breeds losing habits. I know b-ball. Mark my words: that thirty point loss against OKC is going to be the norm come January, February, March. Oh, wow, we were tied against Golden State in the fourth. Oh, wow, we were ahead or tied in the fourth qarter in eight of our first nine games. You really think that is going to happen for an entire 82 game season? Believe me come mid-December and for the rest of the year the MSG network director will be giving us the panning camera shot as it pans across the Knick bench and we get a look at the dejected, beaten, sad faces of our entire team. You know the shot. That slow camera pan of the defeated faces of our team while they suffer another 30 point loss.

And this beatdown bench below was a team that actually had All-Stars on it! Get ready for this look for the rest of the year. 30 point slaughters here they come.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/16/2018  12:37 PM
I'm all for trying to win games but did NYK fans really expect the Knicks to win many games this season??

I mean...looking at the schedule, maybe they could have played better, and won against, the Magic and Nets but they are right they should be, I think. Unless we expected them to beat the Thunder, Raptors and Wizards.

Nalod
USA
11/16/2018  1:11 PM
FireHornacek wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You think a player playing on losing squad and knows he has no chance of winning is going to develop good winning habits?

Bingo.
Exactly my point.

Knick Plan:
Let's lose over 60 games this year and tell our dopey fans "We are developing our young players." Only mindless Knick fans (and I don't buy that bullcrap that NY fans are the most knowledgeable of all fans) are stupid enough to buy into that bullcrap. Developing our youth by losing 65 games. Good God, how idiotic can you be to buy into that horsesh!t?

Losing breeds losing habits. I know b-ball. Mark my words: that thirty point loss against OKC is going to be the norm come January, February, March. Oh, wow, we were tied against Golden State in the fourth. Oh, wow, we were ahead or tied in the fourth qarter in eight of our first nine games. You really think that is going to happen for an entire 82 game season? Believe me come mid-December and for the rest of the year the MSG network director will be giving us the panning camera shot as it pans across the Knick bench and we get a look at the dejected, beaten, sad faces of our entire team. You know the shot. That slow camera pan of the defeated faces of our team while they suffer another 30 point loss.

And this beatdown bench below was a team that actually had All-Stars on it! Get ready for this look for the rest of the year. 30 point slaughters here they come.

Your right, team goal should be "Winning" because its better.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

11/16/2018  1:38 PM
ramtour420 wrote:What, already??? Start Kanter? you mean give a carrier one way bench player who is an established vet a starting job for the rest of the season over our center of the future? in a rebuilding lottery season? To get more wins? or what? uuummm, okey

This ^^^

What a silly thread...

FireHornacek

11/16/2018  1:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2018  1:41 PM
Nalod wrote:

We have zero chance of winning when you have the youngest player ever to start a game for the Knicks, Knox, taking the floor with Mudiay, Vonleh, and Robinson as your starting lineup (against OKC, no less).

Porzingis should be on the floor by mid-January. That's not a hope, that's just a command the Knicks must issue. Porz, Haraway, Lee, Kanter, Burke and Trier are a mid-level NBA core group that can go .500. With some inspired play that team could even make a run at a playoff spot.

Frank the Frenchman, Hezonja, and Mudiay should never see the floor again. Lance, Dotson, Baker, Vonleh...very few minutes.

The core exists for a .500 or slightly better team. But the way Fiz is running things (just look at that hopeless starting lineup in OKC) we will win 12 games at most. That means 70 crushing defeats Knick fans have to live through.

Fire Fizdale NOW!!!!!

Nalod
USA
11/16/2018  1:49 PM
FireHornacek wrote:
Nalod wrote:

We have zero chance of winning when you have the youngest player ever to start a game for the Knicks, Knox, taking the floor with Mudiay, Vonleh, and Robinson as your starting lineup (against OKC, no less).

Porzingis should be on the floor by mid-January. That's not a hope, that's just a command the Knicks must issue. Porz, Haraway, Lee, Kanter, Burke and Trier are a mid-level NBA core group that can go .500. With some inspired play that team could even make a run at a playoff spot.

Frank the Frenchman, Hezonja, and Mudiay should never see the floor again. Lance, Dotson, Baker, Vonleh...very few minutes.

The core exists for a .500 or slightly better team. But the way Fiz is running things (just look at that hopeless starting lineup in OKC) we will win 12 games at most. That means 70 crushing defeats Knick fans have to live through.

Fire Fizdale NOW!!!!!

Keep firing the coaches. That works.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/16/2018  2:11 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
FireHornacek

11/16/2018  2:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2018  2:29 PM
Nalod wrote:Keep firing the coaches. That works.

Uhh, it worked for USA basketball. It worked for the Golden State Warriors. That's just two recent examples.

You don't follow basketball much, do you?

FireHornacek

11/16/2018  2:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2018  2:32 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

What, Fiz didn't bring up Isaiah Hicks and Luke Kornet to start tonight's game?
Ahh, he's waiting for our next game against the Warriors to start those two.

Fire Fizdale NOW!!!

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/16/2018  2:39 PM
FireHornacek wrote:
Nalod wrote:Keep firing the coaches. That works.

Uhh, it worked for USA basketball. It worked for the Golden State Warriors. That's just two recent examples.

You don't follow basketball much, do you?

You are just trolling to get people pissed off. You don't even believe this sheet you are saying.Don't you have anything better to do in your life than wasting time?

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Fire Fizdale NOW!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy