[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP said he is coming back soon (this season)
Author Thread
Gudris
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6213

11/14/2018  1:17 PM
Me happy
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/14/2018  1:49 PM
I don’t like the idea of him missing an entire season, so I hope he does play a little later this season
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/15/2018  6:03 AM
Come back, but don’t rush it. If it has to be in February or March, so be it. This isn’t a winning season anyway.
Knicks_Fan
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/15/2018  7:46 AM
Come back enough to finish healthy. That’s open ended but my hope. Play well enough to wet Durants appetite but not enough to blow our lottery ambitions. All rebuilds have dark periods. Ours has lasted 18 years.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/15/2018  8:20 AM
I just want him to come back long enough to get some rhythm back so next year he is good to go in october without any rust. 20-25 games is fine.
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/15/2018  11:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2018  11:36 AM
I am not thrilled. First he makes a big deal out of nothing with his instagram antics in response to Fiz's statement. Ok, i get it,he is young and arrogant. I just hope he doesnt rush back now to prove some stupid point. This is THE season to tank, hopefuly the LAST one in a long time. If we were making a playoff push or even in the playoffs i could see it. But the way things are there is no reason to rush. Fiz knows it, KP apparently not so much.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/15/2018  11:51 AM
Somebody needs to explain "tank" in Latvian...

Will 20-25 games be bad enough to ensure we get to Zion land?

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

11/15/2018  3:46 PM
ramtour420 wrote:I am not thrilled. First he makes a big deal out of nothing with his instagram antics in response to Fiz's statement. Ok, i get it,he is young and arrogant. I just hope he doesnt rush back now to prove some stupid point. This is THE season to tank, hopefuly the LAST one in a long time. If we were making a playoff push or even in the playoffs i could see it. But the way things are there is no reason to rush. Fiz knows it, KP apparently not so much.

If it’s the last season to tank will be determined by who we draft. If we get a top 3 pick and get a Zion or Cam reddish then great.

If not, I don’t see franchise talents later in the lottery, where we usually end up.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/16/2018  7:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2018  8:04 AM
Gudris wrote:Me happy

Just in time to take us out the Barrett/Williamsom sweepstakes. I suspect selfish reasons. I believe he is auditioning for other teams. He wants to prove he can play so he can force us to trade him. Its that or he can't see the big picture. If he truly wants to be in NY he should sit out. If he plays and we pick 10th the lack of talent he has around him will fall at his size 16 Adidas

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/16/2018  10:04 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

Just in time to take us out the Barrett/Williamsom sweepstakes. I suspect selfish reasons. I believe he is auditioning for other teams. He wants to prove he can play so he can force us to trade him. Its that or he can't see the big picture. If he truly wants to be in NY he should sit out. If he plays and we pick 10th the lack of talent he has around him will fall at his size 16 Adidas

I thought you might take some wildly outlandish take and you did not disappoint me.

Here's one:

He's a basketball player and wants to play basketball.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
11/16/2018  10:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2018  11:00 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

I think if the opportunity presented itself and he wanted out, no doubt playing well affords him better opportunities.
At the same time it affords us better value in return.
At the same time it affords him better negotiation leverage.
At the same time it demonstrates his return to form and we can match any offer or likely give him max money.
At the same time it helps his brand.
At the same time it lessons our dependence on a draft pick that at best might not be a franchise talent. Kwami Brown's and Anthony Bennetts do happen.
At the same time big time free agents might see a healthy unicorn as a good thing.
At the same time knick fans want to see a healthy unicorn.
If he gets hurt, maybe we cut bait? shyt happens. Rather do that then give him max THEN he gets hurt right away. Life is full of risks, KP wants to play. Is he Dice or is he a happy ending? Its Basketball.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/16/2018  12:37 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:I am not thrilled. First he makes a big deal out of nothing with his instagram antics in response to Fiz's statement. Ok, i get it,he is young and arrogant. I just hope he doesnt rush back now to prove some stupid point. This is THE season to tank, hopefuly the LAST one in a long time. If we were making a playoff push or even in the playoffs i could see it. But the way things are there is no reason to rush. Fiz knows it, KP apparently not so much.

If it’s the last season to tank will be determined by who we draft. If we get a top 3 pick and get a Zion or Cam reddish then great.

If not, I don’t see franchise talents later in the lottery, where we usually end up.

Right now i'm more concerned with if K.Knox can become what we're hoping he'll become because what he becomes as a player will have a huge impact on this rebuild. By going off of what we've seen from Frank so far he isn't gonna become the type of player that the #8 pick in the draft should become and what we all hope and need him to become. Now i do understand that it's still very early to say what Frank will become in another 1-2-3 years from now but IMO it is not looking very good for him on the offensive side of the ball but again i realize it's still too early to know for sure.

Getting KP back for the last month of the season would be great for us when it comes to attracting any big name free agents but so does the development of Frank, Knox and our other young players. If KP does come back to play at any time this year then we just need to be very careful with him and how many minutes he plays and how aggressive he plays when he is on the court.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/16/2018  12:40 PM
jrodmc wrote:Somebody needs to explain "tank" in Latvian...

I think he realizes that if the Knicks top 2 in the draft, they may be drafting his replacement

Knixkik
USA
11/16/2018  1:17 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:

I think he realizes that if the Knicks top 2 in the draft, they may be drafting his replacement

I don’t think there’s porzingis level talent in this draft.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

11/16/2018  1:33 PM
Nalod wrote:Come back enough to finish healthy. That’s open ended but my hope. Play well enough to wet Durants appetite but not enough to blow our lottery ambitions. All rebuilds have dark periods. Ours has lasted 18 years.

Agree on all this except the 18 years. We didn't undertake a legit rebuild until MUCH more recently than that. Impatience has always held sway. Thankfully, those days are over.

Nalod
USA
11/16/2018  1:45 PM
Moonangie wrote:
Nalod wrote:Come back enough to finish healthy. That’s open ended but my hope. Play well enough to wet Durants appetite but not enough to blow our lottery ambitions. All rebuilds have dark periods. Ours has lasted 18 years.

Agree on all this except the 18 years. We didn't undertake a legit rebuild until MUCH more recently than that. Impatience has always held sway. Thankfully, those days are over.

Layden was on the cusp of having his picks and cap space too at the end of his reign. I don't want to rehash all that transpired but garden was dead and Dolan panicked. Your right, this is the full rebuild many of us have been clamoring for. Problem is we didn't have assets in place like Boston did when they jettisoned KG and PP to grab even more picks and future assets. Philly was so bad the league stepped in to promote them to move up the process some.
On paper rebuilds are nice but they are interminable!

Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/16/2018  3:21 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Porzingas is a unique player, no doubt, but the jury is still out on him....at least, I think so and this ACL injury doesn't make me feel any better.

Did you see the Duke Vs. Kentucky game?? Williamson and Barrett looked legit man (and reddish wasn't bad neither).

Knixkik
USA
11/16/2018  6:46 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Porzingas is a unique player, no doubt, but the jury is still out on him....at least, I think so and this ACL injury doesn't make me feel any better.

Did you see the Duke Vs. Kentucky game?? Williamson and Barrett looked legit man (and reddish wasn't bad neither).

No doubt they look great. I think all will be awesome , I just don’t see franchise player talent. Porzingis has that but injury risks are there of course. We will have to wait and see.

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

11/16/2018  7:01 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Have you seen Zion play?

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/16/2018  7:36 PM
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I thought you might take some wildly outlandish take and you did not disappoint me.

Here's one:

He's a basketball player and wants to play basketball.

Yeah, its possible but I'm going to go with my tin foil hat conspiracy theory

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
KP said he is coming back soon (this season)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy