[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: Knicks v OKC, new lineup again (Knox, Mudiay IN)
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/15/2018  5:55 AM
So the unraveling started way sooner than expected. Makes you value those early close losses where we put up a fight.

I don’t care about the “L” because we all want them. But the effort has to be there and this was a sad game in that regard. Yes, sooner or later the losses would have an impact on their enthusiasm, but they need to learn to be professionals and always work hard.

Very few silver linings in this one.

Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

11/15/2018  7:03 AM
Knicksfan wrote:So the unraveling started way sooner than expected. Makes you value those early close losses where we put up a fight.

I don’t care about the “L” because we all want them. But the effort has to be there and this was a sad game in that regard. Yes, sooner or later the losses would have an impact on their enthusiasm, but they need to learn to be professionals and always work hard.

Speak for yourself, I've never been a tank supporter and I do not WANT "Ls" at least not this early in the season.
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/15/2018  7:20 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:frank....

omg did you see those shots...hilarious

He's right up there with fults, I mean this team looks completely lost.

Fiz boys aren't playing hard or smart

I know you love to hate on this guy and his offense is bad but don’t compare him to Fultz with the difference in defense. There is no comparison between the 2 other than they both lack confidence with the ball in their hands. But frank will always be a defensive role player at least.

Frank is playing bad on both ends, yeah he made a few defensive plays, but so did everybody else.

But the fultz comparison was strictly regarding his shooting.

You know how I know franks development is trash, he takes that same jump shot from 20 feet out, 2 feet below the 3 point line , and misses it 8 out of 10 times, and the shots are wide open, and the struggle is mind boggling.

But that bad play is super contagious

not paying attention like I should have but Schroeder hit a wide open 3 with Frank on him late third early fourth. Frank might have run into a pick (wasn't watching closely)but Schroeder was wide open. Looked like really bad d.
I mean all good defenders will make mistakes from time to time but overall we never have to worry about frank on the defensive end. Offensively I admit it still a long way to go. However the kid has a little over a year of experience and he was considered raw offensively. It might take year 3 or 4 for it to come to fruition. But thats kind of the point of rebuilding. All our kids will go through their lumps but all have shown flashes of good things to come

I recall that play. I didn’t see what freed shroeder but it could have been any number of things

Honestly Though this kid has no problem w d and imo is our best defender and one of the best back court defenders in the league.

Let’s keep the criticism section to his offense. I wish we had a Pg-whisperer for him.

His floor should be George Hill

My biggest concern is that I think the FO
And fizz don’t know how to develop him because their idea of a pg is in the mold of a super fast rim attacker. ISO heavy

(5)(5)
Chandler

11/15/2018  7:26 AM
Welpee wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:So the unraveling started way sooner than expected. Makes you value those early close losses where we put up a fight.

Speak for yourself, I've never been a tank supporter and I do not WANT "Ls" at least not this early in the season.

Kind of in this camp but I at least want the moral
Victory that we played the right way and guys are getting better

We are moving backwards lately. Maybe Mitch is improving on offense a little. Maybe Knox has had a glimpse. But outside of that everyone is stagnant or
Going backwards including the coach

Last night Okc took layup, dunks and wide open 3s and we took tough contested shots. Both ends of floor were shameful really

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/15/2018  8:22 AM
Timmy is improved but he is not Kobe. He can only do so much.
Knox shot was ugly in SL but it fell.
Lance is out and the team is unraveling. He is not the answer to winnng but he absence is notable.
Nobody can guard Schroeder. Frank did ok and blocked some shots. Assists? WE shoot awful so its not always his FAULT. His shooting speaks for itself. I liked he kept at it last night. They were off but he tried.
Trier looked like a rookie last night. Mudiay like young not so round Felton but Ray could always shoot!
It’s ugly.
Adams slapped Mitch around. OK, it was a lesson. Ene’s All star ambitions were doused last night.
Chandler

11/15/2018  10:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2018  10:50 AM
Nalod wrote:Timmy is improved but he is not Kobe. He can only do so much.
Lance is out and the team is unraveling. He is not the answer to winnng but he absence is notable.
Nobody can guard Schroeder. Frank did ok and blocked some shots. Assists? WE shoot awful so its not always his FAULT. His shooting speaks for itself. I liked he kept at it last night. They were off but he tried.
Trier looked like a rookie last night. Mudiay like young not so round Felton but Ray could always shoot!
It’s ugly.
Adams slapped Mitch around. OK, it was a lesson. Ene’s All star ambitions were doused last night.

shoots not falling is not a legitimate explanation here

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/assists-per-fgm

see above. this is the percentage for shots that are made. We're dead last. this is consistent with the eyeball test of way too much iso

also last in assistes per possession
https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/assists-per-possession

(5)(5)
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/15/2018  11:13 AM
Chandler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Timmy is improved but he is not Kobe. He can only do so much.
It’s ugly.

shoots not falling is not a legitimate explanation here

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/assists-per-fgm

see above. this is the percentage for shots that are made. We're dead last. this is consistent with the eyeball test of way too much iso

also last in assistes per possession
https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/assists-per-possession

It’s our defense it’s atrocious Mudiay is a terrible defensive player paired with Timmy and that’s probably the worst defensive starting backcourt in the nba... putting Mudiay in the starting line up was the dumbest coaching move yet, Frank is our future not Mudiay he’s gone after this year.

When Kanter comes in teams pick on his poor defense he’s almost unplayable.

Scouting reports are out it’s time to readjust our game plan

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/15/2018  12:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2018  12:34 PM
This starting 5 iteration is no bueno. There is no defense in the perimeter. I love boobies but I understand starting Knox. I would start Frank over Mudiay. I would also start Kanter over Vonleh. It's not that Vonleh is doing bad but Mitch can cover Enes deficiencies in defense. Plus we need Kanters rebounding.

Frank, THJr, Knox, Kanter, MRob

I think the defense of Frank up front and Mitch defense in the back end would fix this problem.

Boobies, Trier and Vonleh first off the bench.

NYKBocker
USA
11/15/2018  12:45 PM
Fatton looks fatter.
NYKBocker
USA
11/15/2018  1:14 PM
Knox needs to set his feet on those 3 point attempts.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/15/2018  1:34 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Kevin Knox can not shoot. We have a player with a scoring mentaliity who shoots 30% from the floor

Kevin Knox’s is a 19 year old stud of a prospect... at 19 he still has issues setting his feet for his jumper, this is a easy fix. He needs to balance himself before taking the shot,Knox takes to many awkward looking jumpers because his feet are all out of wack. Is it rust? Is he rushing/nerves? ... I expect the Knicks staff is working with him on this.

Yea it’s a easy fix at 19, if we notice it you would hope the coaching staff sees it too.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/15/2018  3:30 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Kevin Knox can not shoot. We have a player with a scoring mentaliity who shoots 30% from the floor

Kevin Knox’s is a 19 year old stud of a prospect... at 19 he still has issues setting his feet for his jumper, this is a easy fix. He needs to balance himself before taking the shot,Knox takes to many awkward looking jumpers because his feet are all out of wack. Is it rust? Is he rushing/nerves? ... I expect the Knicks staff is working with him on this.

Yea it’s a easy fix at 19, if we notice it you would hope the coaching staff sees it too.

naw, that's our job!

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/15/2018  3:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2018  3:45 PM
We should have 3 basic objectives.

- develop our young / controllable players
- demand great defensive effort --- don't play guys who are fugazy on D
- establish an offensive system --- whatever we are doing now is poo and is basically the 3 man weave from the 1940s

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/15/2018  6:57 PM
NYKBocker wrote:This starting 5 iteration is no bueno. There is no defense in the perimeter. I love boobies but I understand starting Knox. I would start Frank over Mudiay. I would also start Kanter over Vonleh. It's not that Vonleh is doing bad but Mitch can cover Enes deficiencies in defense. Plus we need Kanters rebounding.

Frank, THJr, Knox, Kanter, MRob

I think the defense of Frank up front and Mitch defense in the back end would fix this problem.

Boobies, Trier and Vonleh first off the bench.

Mudiay sucks. Boobies should also start over Knox, who hasn't earned anything yet

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/15/2018  9:52 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Fatton looks fatter.

My wife asked me who the fat guy was on OKC when he was on the court.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Gamethread: Knicks v OKC, new lineup again (Knox, Mudiay IN)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy