[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

“Pass the ball man” - Clyde
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
11/13/2018  3:51 PM
The Knicks have the lowest rate of assists in the entire NBA.

“This cannot be”
- Bill Walton

The ball needs unselfish energy.

Ntilikina, because he will only get better
Trier, because he reminds me of a subtle mix between Dick Barnett and The Pearl
Knox, because this yute just got here and will only get better
Vonleh, because he plays with passion
Robinson, because he hasn’t even learned how to play and he can play

Everyone else can take a nap.
Yeah, I said it.

once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/13/2018  4:54 PM
misterearl wrote:The Knicks have the lowest rate of assists in the entire NBA.

“This cannot be”
- Bill Walton

Robinson, because he hasn’t even learned how to play and he can play

Yeah, I said it.

The past years cannot be accumulated frustration. It does not matter. We had a bad game. Its to happen. It will again.
Frank, Trier, Timmy......all will happen.
Frank will break thru or he will be postscript. When does that be determined? Year three. Not even half way thru.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/13/2018  6:46 PM
Hardaway is an obvious problem IMO — while some are patting Tim on back his shot selection/selfishness is very bad. In fact I would say Tim appears to be more selfish and a bigger gunner than Melo. This coming from a guy who couldn’t stand Melo.

I believe drop off defensively is direct result of Kanter/Tim shot selection and shot volume on other end

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/13/2018  7:50 PM

"This cannot be"
- Bill Walton

Robinson, because he hasnt even learned how to play and he can play

Yeah, I said it.

Do you really think Knox,is ready to start?

Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

11/13/2018  8:40 PM
Panos wrote:

"This cannot be"
- Bill Walton

Yeah, I said it.

In the G League. He needs to be given a "to do" list. If he performs, fine. If not, to the G League for seasoning.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/13/2018  8:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/13/2018  8:43 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
Panos wrote:

"This cannot be"
- Bill Walton

Yeah, I said it.

In the G League. He needs to be given a "to do" list. If he performs, fine. If not, to the G League for seasoning.

We are hosting G-league team in NBA.
Why not to learn from real competition rather that from bunch of equal or worth scrubs?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

11/13/2018  9:01 PM
arkrud wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
Panos wrote:

"This cannot be"
- Bill Walton

Yeah, I said it.

Why not to learn from real competition rather that from bunch of equal or worth scrubs?

Because as much as we pooh pooh winning, it is still important to us. Frank played 6 minutes. Maybe he could have worked thru his problems with more time.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/13/2018  10:32 PM
Panos wrote:

"This cannot be"
- Bill Walton

Yeah, I said it.

Not sure but I don't think Dotson should be bumped out of the starting line up. When KP comes back they need a wing that rebounds like Dotson.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
arkrud
USA
11/13/2018  10:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/13/2018  10:33 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
Panos wrote:

"This cannot be"
- Bill Walton

Yeah, I said it.

Because as much as we pooh pooh winning, it is still important to us. Frank played 6 minutes. Maybe he could have worked thru his problems with more time.

Winning is important for fans. No doubt about it.
It is sad when your team is losing.
But this is what this team is. It is just one of the worst in the NBA at this point.
What Frank or Knox will learn in GL? How to score on defenseless-bunch?
Frank can make it miserable for other g-league teams players to score. But what he will learn from it?
Or Mitch will block 10 fools every game? How this will help him?
They may get some confidence on lover level and then come back to NBA and crashed? How it helped?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
FrenchFreak
Member: #7568

11/14/2018  10:40 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Hardaway is an obvious problem IMO — while some are patting Tim on back his shot selection/selfishness is very bad. In fact I would say Tim appears to be more selfish and a bigger gunner than Melo. This coming from a guy who couldn’t stand Melo.

I believe drop off defensively is direct result of Kanter/Tim shot selection and shot volume on other end

Hardaway is so frustrating when he isn't making shots. He's such a shameless chucker at times. The weird thing about this season so far compared to last year is that he's been much better at 3 pointers (35.5% vs 31.7%) but much worse on 2 pointers (46.9% vs 51.6%). As a person who constantly bitches at the TV that Tim's taking too many 3s and that he should be driving to the basket more, I'm having trouble wrapping my head around these stats.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/14/2018  10:54 AM
FrenchFreak wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Hardaway is an obvious problem IMO — while some are patting Tim on back his shot selection/selfishness is very bad. In fact I would say Tim appears to be more selfish and a bigger gunner than Melo. This coming from a guy who couldn’t stand Melo.

Hardaway is so frustrating when he isn't making shots. He's such a shameless chucker at times. The weird thing about this season so far compared to last year is that he's been much better at 3 pointers (35.5% vs 31.7%) but much worse on 2 pointers (46.9% vs 51.6%). As a person who constantly bitches at the TV that Tim's taking too many 3s and that he should be driving to the basket more, I'm having trouble wrapping my head around these stats.

It's simple - he has no clue what a good shot is and the more he is going to chuck the more difficult shots will be. The 3 point % will likely drop to mean and the 2 move higher.

Added problem with his chucking is less energy on the other end.

Also we have some youngsters playing with Timmy that could use an occasional set-up for an easy lob dunk or kick out to an open easy 3 point shot. Sure he does this once in a blue moon but not enough and he is the epitome of a player where you have to keep reminding him over and over again. If he were just a smart/unselfish player he would be an all-star but so much of his game is forced it brings everything down around it.

Wake up Timmy.

arkrud
USA
11/14/2018  11:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2018  11:33 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
FrenchFreak wrote:

It's simple - he has no clue what a good shot is and the more he is going to chuck the more difficult shots will be. The 3 point % will likely drop to mean and the 2 move higher.

Added problem with his chucking is less energy on the other end.

Also we have some youngsters playing with Timmy that could use an occasional set-up for an easy lob dunk or kick out to an open easy 3 point shot. Sure he does this once in a blue moon but not enough and he is the epitome of a player where you have to keep reminding him over and over again. If he were just a smart/unselfish player he would be an all-star but so much of his game is forced it brings everything down around it.

Wake up Timmy.

Player skills can be refined and expanded but players brain is formed in teens like for all other people.
If your IQ is low it will not get better with time.Especially if you entitled to think you are a genius which all law IQ people tend to do.
High IQ people always question their decision making and striving to improve.
So Timmy is what he is. He is not the 1st or 2nd option on good team.
More of 6th man on contender.
MY concern with him on the Knicks is only taking attempts from our prospects which impend their development and our audition effort to see if they belong.

Nalod
USA
11/14/2018  11:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2018  11:36 AM
4-10. Not much is going to look good about that.
This rebuild and shyt show has to be. The path to relevancy has to be this. We are playing very young guys.
Its ugly at times. Expect it.
You want to indict because of it? Doe it.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/15/2018  12:04 PM
So this is what it was like to be a Sixers fan...
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/15/2018  12:19 PM
jrodmc wrote:So this is what it was like to be a Sixers fan...

Embiid and simmons Vs Mitch and Knox...now that's a joke

We are nothing like the sixers,

the sixers made wise trades to open up cap space in their process, we waived noah and ate his contract, traded gomez, for nothing, couldn't get a 2nd rounder for KOQ.

Like what was the sense of keeping beasly when you had no intentions of reigning him

ES
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/15/2018  12:54 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:So this is what it was like to be a Sixers fan...

Embiid and simmons Vs Mitch and Knox...now that's a joke

We are nothing like the sixers,

the sixers made wise trades to open up cap space in their process, we waived noah and ate his contract, traded gomez, for nothing, couldn't get a 2nd rounder for KOQ.

Like what was the sense of keeping beasly when you had no intentions of reigning him

I meant back at the beginning of the Process....

knicks1248
11/15/2018  1:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2018  1:20 PM
I figured that, but man this process looks like were spinning our wheels..

how do we attract FA when the young guys look light years away from being good, which means we will spend all of our CAP money on second tier players like PHIL did.

We can't sign another slew of 1 yr players

ES
Nalod
USA
11/15/2018  3:31 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I figured that, but man this process looks like were spinning our wheels..

how do we attract FA when the young guys look light years away from being good, which means we will spend all of our CAP money on second tier players like PHIL did.

Phil is gone. Lots of things spin in your head.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/15/2018  3:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2018  3:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I figured that, but man this process looks like were spinning our wheels..

this is called rebuilding my friend. We know you hate it but it’s reality. Free agents like have seemed to be impressed with the kids. Plus we are missing our best player who is also attractive to free agents. Look I understand you want to win right now but that’s not reality when dealing with the youngest team in the league who is missing their best player. The knicks are finally doing the right thing as far as building a team. I think starting next year no matter who we get we are looking at a long term winning team
knicks1248
11/15/2018  4:22 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

this is called rebuilding my friend. We know you hate it but it’s reality. Free agents like have seemed to be impressed with the kids. Plus we are missing our best player who is also attractive to free agents. Look I understand you want to win right now but that’s not reality when dealing with the youngest team in the league who is missing their best player. The knicks are finally doing the right thing as far as building a team. I think starting next year no matter who we get we are looking at a long term winning team

Do you realize you have said that every year for the last 5 yrs..You have damn near said it in almost every thread at least once, for the last 5 yrs.

ES
“Pass the ball man” - Clyde

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy