[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks back home for second game of back to back, v Orlando
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/13/2018  9:27 AM
Blow out game gonna happen once in a while.
I have no problem him sitting frank. This is a mans game and professionals need to bring it every day and prepare.
Not saying I know what’s up with him or how t fix him.
Glad I did not see this game.
knicks1248 has no answers as usual.
Glad I don’t have to sit next to him watching a game. The Rainman Droning on and on must get tiring. I realize you can’t get mad at Rainman because he don’t understand it.
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/13/2018  9:27 AM
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:A good read.
https://knicksfilmschool.com/2018/11/12/for-frank-ntilikina-could-less-be-more/

It is a good read, but don't expect the handful of Frank(can do no wrong)ntiilkinia team to agree.

They worse he plays the more minutes they want give him..There gonna wait 6 yrs for him to turn into billups

Pulling frank after 5 min because of poor game planning by fiz is a load of bs...

You just got blown out by a bad team missing there best player....

Be a better coach! Stop playing the worst defensive center in the league without a defensive front court mate to back him up.

Yes we had a slow start but as soon as Kanter came in they blew the game wide open, Mitchell Robinson should have came in in the second quarter he only had 2 fouls just like frank shouldn’t be benched for poor coaching.

Step it up fiz the least you could do is have a better game plan, and have your team at the very least know what to do, not just run the same play on offense over and over and over again... Timmy was chucking aweful shots but frank gets benched... our best defensive player by a long shot, to me that’s aweful coaching .

Step it up fiz, your coaching has been nothing short of a disappointment

I didn't think it was.

Players have got to realize you need to play with energy, purpose, not make the same mental mistakes over and over and over again without consequence. Frank needs to realize this.

And his shooting has been atrocious. Why NOT sit him?

Dude better come back energized and with a lather from shooting a million 3point shots after practice.

what you say is true, but this was meant to humiliate. We've all seen guys benched and then return to the game with his head straightened out

I haven't checked the stats recently, but we have seen plenty of them before that the team plays better with Frank on the court even when his offensive game is off.

I sure hope that the "accountability" narrative coming out of Knicks FO and coach extends to themselves.

(5)(5)
Chandler

11/13/2018  9:37 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
Do I think Fizdale is a good coach? No. But no coach could take this current roster and do much with it. It's very young, raw and has a lot of journeymen/bad contracts.

It's also a very long season and running rookies into the ground is a good way to get them injured. Rookies also tend to get zero ref calls, which changes the dynamic of any game/situation.

Why do you think Fiz isn't a good coach? I've seen him make plenty of questionable decisions, but I'm not ready to go one way or the other in regard to his coaching. What turns you off about him?

i'll throw my hat into the discussion. I think Fizz is good at getting the players motivated, willingness to play rookies and make gutsy roster moves (e.g., demote Kanter to bench)

I have yet to see a game time decision I have been impressed with. I have not seen an offensive play all season where I thought Fizz deserved credit. I have seen some defensive plays that are nothing short of dumb moves, e.g., not putting Frank on the best wing (especially in close games), dumb decisions to allow certain switches

I am very worried that his coaching decision relies on Wades or Lebrons to make something happen. That type of style (unless you're luck enough to score a player of that caliber) has its limitations

I also think he talks way too much (let his game do the talking); already worried that KP sent an Instagram calling BS on Fizz

I mean honestly, for a guy whose head coaching career already has a big asterisk next to it, for him to say he's going to do this and that with other players where good teams like Portland, Indiana, Utah, and Denver failed -- that's some Chutzpah he needs to back up

(5)(5)
Chandler

11/13/2018  9:40 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:It appears Fizdale is losing confidence in Frank. After looking like a comptent offensive player just a few weeks ago Frank has been horrid.

big mistake in my book. Frank's offense is at best inconsistent but there's no denying the team performs better with him on the floor.

i find it nuts that he's willing to let Burke and Mudiay take tons of bad shots and be ineffective otherwise.

We'll see how this plays out. Maybe he has Jedi mind tricks and can get Ntlinka to contribute more on offense.

Same. Burke and Mudiay suck and suck bad, Frank needs to be given minutes. Only because he does something well. Mudiay and Burke doesn't do anything at or above league average. Never understood why this was even a discussion.

It is a discussion because Frank struggles so much on offense and is so timid on that side of the floor. Also, Frank has gotten a lot of minutes from Fiz both on the hall and on the wing. I am worried about Frank's athleticism as well as his mindset on offense. As the starting point guar Frank has averaged 5 points a game for the last 7 games. He is young, plays good defense and should develop over time but to me he looks like a guy that is a solid rotation player and secondary ball handler. The Knicks need a point guard.

It is only a discussion to people trying desperately to hold on to position based stereotypes of how basketball used to be played. The Knicks need two way players, not saying Frank is one, but at at he is a one way player. Mudiay and Burke are scrubs that should be in the G-league, because they don't do anything at the NBA level.

It's a discussion because Frank was a lottery pick and the Knicks have not had many because of mismanagement of assets. Frank is supposed to be a part of the foundation of the team.

Then how about you start rooting for him to be that, instead of finding every possible lame excuse to see someone else play in front of him? If there are better parts in the roster that are also young then that's one thing, but there aren't.

So if I post concerns about Frank it is 1. Because I still have positional stereotypes or 2. I am rooting against him? Just want the Knicks to be good and I am very concerned with Franks play on offense.

No it's not. But I haven't seen you post anything supportive about Frank that I remember. Why aren't you equally concerned about Burke or Mudiay on defense or as general basketball players?

The Knicks didn't draft either of those guys in the lottery, They basically got them off of the scrap heap. The investment isn't the same. Also, both guys are probably gone after this season.

Then why are you at the same time worried that trading FOR them (in Mudiay's case) is somehow an indictment of Frank?

When they traded for Mudiay they also were trying to trade for Payton. Their actions made it appear that they were concerned that Frank wasn't able to play the point.

An alternative explanation is that they wanted a younger vet pg as a stopgap and perhaps mentor for Frank. Jack was too old

the choices of Burke and Mudiay, IMHO are more of an indictment on the front office than on Frank

(5)(5)
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/13/2018  11:43 AM
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:It appears Fizdale is losing confidence in Frank. After looking like a comptent offensive player just a few weeks ago Frank has been horrid.

big mistake in my book. Frank's offense is at best inconsistent but there's no denying the team performs better with him on the floor.

i find it nuts that he's willing to let Burke and Mudiay take tons of bad shots and be ineffective otherwise.

We'll see how this plays out. Maybe he has Jedi mind tricks and can get Ntlinka to contribute more on offense.

Same. Burke and Mudiay suck and suck bad, Frank needs to be given minutes. Only because he does something well. Mudiay and Burke doesn't do anything at or above league average. Never understood why this was even a discussion.

It is a discussion because Frank struggles so much on offense and is so timid on that side of the floor. Also, Frank has gotten a lot of minutes from Fiz both on the hall and on the wing. I am worried about Frank's athleticism as well as his mindset on offense. As the starting point guar Frank has averaged 5 points a game for the last 7 games. He is young, plays good defense and should develop over time but to me he looks like a guy that is a solid rotation player and secondary ball handler. The Knicks need a point guard.

It is only a discussion to people trying desperately to hold on to position based stereotypes of how basketball used to be played. The Knicks need two way players, not saying Frank is one, but at at he is a one way player. Mudiay and Burke are scrubs that should be in the G-league, because they don't do anything at the NBA level.

It's a discussion because Frank was a lottery pick and the Knicks have not had many because of mismanagement of assets. Frank is supposed to be a part of the foundation of the team.

Then how about you start rooting for him to be that, instead of finding every possible lame excuse to see someone else play in front of him? If there are better parts in the roster that are also young then that's one thing, but there aren't.

So if I post concerns about Frank it is 1. Because I still have positional stereotypes or 2. I am rooting against him? Just want the Knicks to be good and I am very concerned with Franks play on offense.

No it's not. But I haven't seen you post anything supportive about Frank that I remember. Why aren't you equally concerned about Burke or Mudiay on defense or as general basketball players?

The Knicks didn't draft either of those guys in the lottery, They basically got them off of the scrap heap. The investment isn't the same. Also, both guys are probably gone after this season.

Then why are you at the same time worried that trading FOR them (in Mudiay's case) is somehow an indictment of Frank?

When they traded for Mudiay they also were trying to trade for Payton. Their actions made it appear that they were concerned that Frank wasn't able to play the point.

An alternative explanation is that they wanted a younger vet pg as a stopgap and perhaps mentor for Frank. Jack was too old

the choices of Burke and Mudiay, IMHO are more of an indictment on the front office than on Frank

It was because they don't have the balls or negotiating skills to make a big time trade for a relevant PG, they are scared to death to use there assets and cap space, they rather wait until 2019 and give some 2nd tier FA a boat load of $$$

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/13/2018  1:01 PM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

It is a good read, but don't expect the handful of Frank(can do no wrong)ntiilkinia team to agree.

They worse he plays the more minutes they want give him..There gonna wait 6 yrs for him to turn into billups

Pulling frank after 5 min because of poor game planning by fiz is a load of bs...

Be a better coach! Stop playing the worst defensive center in the league without a defensive front court mate to back him up.

Yes we had a slow start but as soon as Kanter came in they blew the game wide open, Mitchell Robinson should have came in in the second quarter he only had 2 fouls just like frank shouldn’t be benched for poor coaching.

Step it up fiz the least you could do is have a better game plan, and have your team at the very least know what to do, not just run the same play on offense over and over and over again... Timmy was chucking aweful shots but frank gets benched... our best defensive player by a long shot, to me that’s aweful coaching .

I didn't think it was.

Players have got to realize you need to play with energy, purpose, not make the same mental mistakes over and over and over again without consequence. Frank needs to realize this.

Dude better come back energized and with a lather from shooting a million 3point shots after practice.

what you say is true, but this was meant to humiliate. We've all seen guys benched and then return to the game with his head straightened out

I haven't checked the stats recently, but we have seen plenty of them before that the team plays better with Frank on the court even when his offensive game is off.

I sure hope that the "accountability" narrative coming out of Knicks FO and coach extends to themselves.

Very debatable if not outright wrong. Knicks have 3 PGs, all of whom have not distinguished themselves. Realistically, with the plethora of SGs, you can only play 2 PGs a game if you want to give any of them time to get into rhythm.

What you call a move of humiliation I say just the realities of the roster and the player performance. Frank has been sucking for more than just 5 minutes in 1 game.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
11/13/2018  1:06 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Chandler wrote:

It was because they don't have the balls or negotiating skills to make a big time trade for a relevant PG, they are scared to death to use there assets and cap space, they rather wait until 2019 and give some 2nd tier FA a boat load of $$$

Uh, the Knicks DIDN'T have any cap space, so you are just flat wrong on that point. And do they really have the assets to trade for a relevant PG?

And yes, guarding the 2019 cap space is a very smart move.

martin
USA
11/13/2018  1:08 PM
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Chandler wrote:

To add, there is a dearth of PGs on the market. Look at a team like Phoenix, they are desperate to fill that type of player and they can't.

I don't watch much of Payton's games but it does seem like he is finally shooting the ball nicely, stats wise.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/13/2018  2:19 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Chandler wrote:

I hope they hold off on the urge to splurge (haha, the Clyde influence seeps in) on a second tier free agent.) But why use assets on guys who will become free agents after the season and who will, in all likelihood, will push us back into 8th lottery pick you show so much disdain for. It takes guts to show restraint and Chase after the next shiny thing for a quick fix.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

11/13/2018  2:27 PM
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I didn't think it was.

Very debatable if not outright wrong. Knicks have 3 PGs, all of whom have not distinguished themselves. Realistically, with the plethora of SGs, you can only play 2 PGs a game if you want to give any of them time to get into rhythm.

What you call a move of humiliation I say just the realities of the roster and the player performance. Frank has been sucking for more than just 5 minutes in 1 game.

I have no problem with him sitting Frank or Enes. I'm also glad he gave Dot a shot at the starting lineup. He's been fair to a point. I'd like to see him be a bit tougher with THJ every time he takes a wild shot out of the offensive flow or blows a defensive assignment. The decision to keep him on Levert at the end of the Nets game still irks me. His excuse about possible losing Timmy was weak. Tim played under coach Bud. He went to the G-LEAGUE!!! Tim has shown that he can and will respond to tough coaching. I don't think Tim would have been crushed if he was subbed out for defensive purposes.I think he would have viewed it as a teachable moment. This also goes back to the questions many are starting to ask about his end of the game planning.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/13/2018  3:31 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Chandler wrote:

I hope they hold off on the urge to splurge (haha, the Clyde influence seeps in) on a second tier free agent.) But why use assets on guys who will become free agents after the season and who will, in all likelihood, will push us back into 8th lottery pick you show so much disdain for. It takes guts to show restraint and Chase after the next shiny thing for a quick fix.

Its cool that your not jumping at the next shiny thing and your taking a conservative approach like phil jackson did...i guess Mills learn from the best

ES
BigDaddyG

11/13/2018  3:47 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Its cool that your not jumping at the next shiny thing and your taking a conservative approach like phil jackson did...i guess Mills learn from the best

Conservative approach? You call the Noah, Calderon, Rose, THJ moves conservative? Philip was pretty impatient. Just find a recap of the Melo vs. Phil drama.
GameThread: Knicks back home for second game of back to back, v Orlando

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy