[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks back home for second game of back to back, v Orlando
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/11/2018  9:28 PM
Knox with the put back slam!!!!! You have earned your first espn highlight young man...
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/11/2018  9:30 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Mudiay in before Frank.

When he pulled frank in the first quarter I knew that was the end of his night. Down 12 and he through one of the laziest passes that lead to a TO and fast break, he then proceeded to walk the ball back up court and bricked a wide open trey.

he's body language was terrible, I wouldn't be surprise to see Mudiay in the starting line up

I missed most of the first quarter. Didn't see that. Franks averaging 5 points a game for the

last 7 games as the starting point guard.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
JesseDark
Member: #467
11/11/2018  9:38 PM
So what do we chalk this one up to... 2nd night of a back to back?
Bring back dee-fense
JesseDark
Member: #467
11/11/2018  9:40 PM
Not feeling warm and fuzzy about Frank's play, this is a business and he needs to produce.
Bring back dee-fense
CrushAlot
USA
11/11/2018  9:44 PM
Baker!!!
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/11/2018  9:50 PM
No Gordon. No Isaac. Playing at home.

Great job. Winning is a habit.

(5)(5)
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/11/2018  10:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/11/2018  10:28 PM
It appears Fizdale is losing confidence in Frank. After looking like a comptent offensive player just a few weeks ago Frank has been horrid.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Chandler

11/11/2018  10:30 PM
I will keep my fingers crossed for this team because I am a 50+ year fan and if nothing else they hustle (excluding tonight)

Having said that i am convinced we are wasting our time with Hezonja, Mudiay and Burke. Every minute they play is a minute less of development for people with a possible future. They all have different reasons for being wastes. (On the other hand, Vonleh has been a positive)

Team has absolutely no identity on offense and by no i mean zero. Fizzdale talks a good game but his next game-time, in the moment play call where i say that was great will be the first

I fear Budenholzer is to the Knicks what Quinn and Marrone are to the Jets. Coaches who purportedly wanted to coach us and which we outsmarted ourselves (that's a kinder way of saying we were dumb-asses)

(5)(5)
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/11/2018  10:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/11/2018  10:36 PM
Jmpasq wrote:It appears Fizdale is losing confidence in Frank. After looking like a comptent offensive player just a few weeks ago Frank has been horrid.

He had 2 games where he scored 17 and 15 pts...Not much on the offensive end before or after that 2 game stretch. he should have lost his starting spot several games ago, but Fiz doesn't have many options. Mudiay has been better over the last 5 games but not by much...Burke is better than both of them offensively but he hurts us on the defensive end....We will definitely be in the market for a pg either during free agency, trade or the draft.

Chandler

11/11/2018  10:38 PM
Jmpasq wrote:It appears Fizdale is losing confidence in Frank. After looking like a comptent offensive player just a few weeks ago Frank has been horrid.

big mistake in my book. Frank's offense is at best inconsistent but there's no denying the team performs better with him on the floor.

i find it nuts that he's willing to let Burke and Mudiay take tons of bad shots and be ineffective otherwise.

We'll see how this plays out. Maybe he has Jedi mind tricks and can get Ntlinka to contribute more on offense.

(5)(5)
ScoreBot
11/11/2018  10:42 PM
FINAL
NYK 89 ORL 115
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/11/2018  11:03 PM
- Burke is no answer - not worth playing him
- Timmy as selfish and dumb a player as iv3 seen...at least Melo was just selfish
- last in league in assists
- why start Frank with 4 defensiv3 players - why not balance the line-ups out
- then he runs out a second string with the likes of Kanye’s, Mario, Trier, Knox, Mudiay/Burke...none of whom defend
- Kanter D is simply brutal and is bench worthy regardless of rebounds/buckets
- Timmy shot selection deserved b3nching far before Frank — Tim shot selection is underlyin* issue with this club and he is NOt a guy I trust as a #2 option because he is just dumb
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/11/2018  11:14 PM
Chandler wrote:

big mistake in my book. Frank's offense is at best inconsistent but there's no denying the team performs better with him on the floor.

i find it nuts that he's willing to let Burke and Mudiay take tons of bad shots and be ineffective otherwise.

We'll see how this plays out. Maybe he has Jedi mind tricks and can get Ntlinka to contribute more on offense.

Same. Burke and Mudiay suck and suck bad, Frank needs to be given minutes. Only because he does something well. Mudiay and Burke doesn't do anything at or above league average. Never understood why this was even a discussion.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Jmpasq

11/11/2018  11:53 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Same. Burke and Mudiay suck and suck bad, Frank needs to be given minutes. Only because he does something well. Mudiay and Burke doesn't do anything at or above league average. Never understood why this was even a discussion.

Im so discouraged with thiss team. After games like this it shows how far away we are. Im terrified that maybe we have nothing. What if Porzingis is never healthy? What if Frank never develops an offensive game? What if Knox turns into a bigger version of Hardaway Jr?

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/12/2018  12:28 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Im so discouraged with thiss team. After games like this it shows how far away we are. Im terrified that maybe we have nothing. What if Porzingis is never healthy? What if Frank never develops an offensive game? What if Knox turns into a bigger version of Hardaway Jr?

Welcome to the rebuild.
One thing is to accept it in your mind and another to really feel it.
This is how it feels and this is truth.
This team, this coach, and the group of young players are just staring to understand what they are and what they can or cannot be.
Rebuild takes years and we are in year 1.
It will be many games like this so not be depressed.
Best is yet to come....

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
USA
11/12/2018  12:35 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Chandler wrote:

It is a discussion because Frank struggles so much on offense and is so timid on that side of the floor. Also, Frank has gotten a lot of minutes from Fiz both on the hall and on the wing. I am worried about Frank's athleticism as well as his mindset on offense. As the starting point guar Frank has averaged 5 points a game for the last 7 games. He is young, plays good defense and should develop over time but to me he looks like a guy that is a solid rotation player and secondary ball handler. The Knicks need a point guard.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/12/2018  12:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2018  12:50 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Chandler wrote:

It is a discussion because Frank struggles so much on offense and is so timid on that side of the floor. Also, Frank has gotten a lot of minutes from Fiz both on the hall and on the wing. I am worried about Frank's athleticism as well as his mindset on offense. As the starting point guar Frank has averaged 5 points a game for the last 7 games. He is young, plays good defense and should develop over time but to me he looks like a guy that is a solid rotation player and secondary ball handler. The Knicks need a point guard.

He still looks like a boy with bigger body.
Psychologically he does not have this anger and determination that man need for greatness.
Some people take longer time to grow up.
Frank looks like one of those.
He is afraid to let his team down to a fault.
It is all mental with him.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/12/2018  3:04 AM
arkrud wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Chandler wrote:

He still looks like a boy with bigger body.
Psychologically he does not have this anger and determination that man need for greatness.
Some people take longer time to grow up.
Frank looks like one of those.
He is afraid to let his team down to a fault.
It is all mental with him.

Frank is only 20 it’s gonna take another year or two till we see adult frank start to dominate smaller players but make no mistake frank will be a beast among men.

How about another 20 year old Mitchell Robinson, it’s getting hard for fiz to even take him off the floor he’s such a dominating force on defense. It’s fun to watch him, freak out the opposing offense. .

We have a great young core in KP,Knox, Robinson,zo, frank

Add in a top free agent and a top 5 pick and this team is freaky, ready for eastern conference domination.

Kanter has to be on the block the guy is a aweful defensive player, So bad it negates his offense and great rebounding ability. He’s gotta go.

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/12/2018  6:03 AM
JesseDark wrote:So what do we chalk this one up to... 2nd night of a back to back?

Were not a very good team, so when our players play badly bad things happen.

Jmpasq

11/12/2018  7:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2018  7:39 AM
arkrud wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Welcome to the rebuild.
One thing is to accept it in your mind and another to really feel it.
This is how it feels and this is truth.
This team, this coach, and the group of young players are just staring to understand what they are and what they can or cannot be.
Rebuild takes years and we are in year 1.
It will be many games like this so not be depressed.
Best is yet to come....

It doesn't feel like year 1. We have been awful for what seems like forever. We really need some luck in the draft. We have fallen spots its time for the law of averages to swing in the Knicks way and deliver the team the first pick.

GameThread: Knicks back home for second game of back to back, v Orlando

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy