[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

12/3/2018  2:25 PM
anrst wrote:why does he always let go of his shot too late?

a little bit of an aimer...even better days should be ahead

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/3/2018  3:21 PM
Chandler wrote:I am very happy he had a clutch performance, but was also worried that we were seeing the return of the "be-like-Mike" version of Mudiay: he had a hitch in his shot again, was falling all over the place sometimes leading to numbers in the other direction.

Lately he has a great game followed by a poor one. I hope the coaching staff is spending some time one on one with him and telling him what to focus on

I noticed the falling was back. Hopefully he gets that right again. In regards to the every other game thing, it seems to be the case for most of the team.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/3/2018  3:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:I am very happy he had a clutch performance, but was also worried that we were seeing the return of the "be-like-Mike" version of Mudiay: he had a hitch in his shot again, was falling all over the place sometimes leading to numbers in the other direction.

Lately he has a great game followed by a poor one. I hope the coaching staff is spending some time one on one with him and telling him what to focus on

I noticed the falling was back. Hopefully he gets that right again. In regards to the every other game thing, it seems to be the case for most of the team.

agreed

ES
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/3/2018  7:12 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Mudiay has 14 combined assists and 7 TOs over the last 5 games where he supposedly "broke out" as PG. He also has a net +/- of -9 over the same period.
The narrative people are pushing here trying to make this about Frank and his shortcomings is still the same old agenda driven bull****.
Mudiay is scrub, who plays little or no defense, he pushes the ball and commits turnovers as often as he converts fast breaks.
Starting PG my ass.

And yes giving him minutes forces Frank to play out of position and makes it twice as hard on him. This year should have been about developing the youth, clearly some fans are too enamored with inconsistent scorers to give a **** about that.

So the knicks coaching staff should only focus on getting frank better or just the players they drafted. Everybody else can kick rocks?

Pretty soon your'e going to hate fiz because he thinks they very opposite of how you think, he's a huge mudiay fan, a huge THJ fan, and in the last few games, he has cut back on franks and knox minutes to 15 per, (all on the negative side of plus/-)...the results have been very positive for the team

You think if frank and knox was playing well he would do that, he put those guys in the starting line up and gave them every opportunity to secure that role and they failed to impress, or even be avg, They played terrible.

Now that he's leaning more on mudiay, Kanter and burke, who clearly out played frank, knox and mitch...... aaaannnd we're winning some games..you think he should go back to teenagers and play himself

You talk about Mudiay and Burke like they're finish products, those guys have just taking their game up another level as oppose to Frank Knox who are a couple yrs away...

Let's get this straight, most of Frank's time in the starting lineup was at SF. Which was a stupid way to help him build his confidence.
And yes we invested our most valuable currency which is our draft picks on the youth and we brought Fiz in to develop that youth. That is the PRIMARY OBJECTIVE of a REBUILD. Trying to build up journeymen scrubs no one in the NBA wanted, for a three game winning streak during a season that won't lead to anything is exactly what he wasn't supposed to be doing. We have had enough fukking no defense chuckers in our history to have learned that lesson by now. But we have whole entire bandwagons of fans who justify playing time based on points scored even for PGs and don't even look at assist numbers, turnovers and God forbid defense.

While I'm on the develop the youth train. I feel there is no set way to develop players. Everyone develops differently. Frank after his first 2 games as a starting PG did not look good at all. It's then up to Fizz to judge Frank's personality and character and decide if he is actually growing through this trial and error or if he is losing confidence and regressing because there is much on his plate.

One thing I'm confident of is Frank is gonna put in the work to improve his game. So If he isn't ready yet mentally to take on these challenges today he will get there eventually. Still a long season left to go. I would like to see Fizz give Frank some designed plays though and build him up step by step.

Knicks have been winning so of course Mudiays having success will be highlighted and promoted. If Knicks were losing these games then things would probably be viewed differently.

Herzonia has been horrible but he has been getting starts. Fizz rotation seems to be based off experimenting.

I don't agree that Fiz should decide anything such after 2 games or 5 games. The whole point of a REBUILD is to let these guys play through their mistakes basically for the whole season. What Fiz is doing is the opposite. Again Frank needs to put in the work, never said he doesn't. And he didn't even start half of those 25 games at PG. Knicks are winning worthles games in a throwaway season of zero nonsense. Some people have difficulty grasping this simple truth. Nothing Mudiay is doing is sustainable, and he still doesn't play defense. And if the season is really that important they shouldn't have talked about doing a rebuild because its complete hypocrisy.

But half of our so called fans have written him off based on 25 games this season or can't wait to declare him a bench player so they can feel vindicated on their Phil hate. Not getting too suggest you are one of them.

The Knicks have played 21 games not 25. Frank has started 9 games at the point. That is more than any other young lottery point guard on the team.

That's your way of looking at it. Frank started 9-22 games and Mudiay 8-15 at PG.

I have to ask, how do you know what Mudiay is doing isn't sustainable? He is in great shape, isn't falling when he takes it to the rim and is playing with confidence. There are a lot of articles about Mudiay and his success. At least a couple talk about very good point guards who needed a few years to figure things out. Management wanted Mudiay. Beer has an article out today about the bond Fiz and Mudiay have had since Fiz was hired. It's worth your time to read it. It talks about the work Mudiay put in, how quickly he began working with Fiz ( a ton), etc.

Because I watch him play and suck ass on defense. I watch how bad his control is on fast breaks and how as a starting point guard he gets 2 assists and 2 TOs in a game with 4-13 shooting. I'll stick to watching games, you can read Beer to your heart'scontent. If that's even his real name? Just to be clear I didn't say he can't average 10 poimnts a game, which is his current mark for the season. When I said not sustainable - I meant hos performance over the last 5 games. That's not sutainable, IMO. Like most players he will regress to his mean as will his shooting percentages. His two games against the NOP stand out as good games, and he actually played defense on the second one. That's about it.

If you click on the tweet you can link to the article. I watch the games. I am amazed at the criticism of the coach and the attacking of guys not named Frank in the game thread. I don't participate as much because I would rather watch and root for the team. It has to suck to hate guys on the team you root for because you think they are taking your favorite players job. It the only guy on the roster that might have a complaint about effort/performance translating to minutes has been Dotson. I think Fiz has done a really good job so far. I think the front office and the coach are invested in Frank and Mudiay being successful.
totally agree. This is about the team, about the Knicks.

Crush I agree Fiz has been great. Didnt Burke start breaking out after being benched? Pretty sure Doton's #s were way down before he got benched as well, and look what he's done since coming back. So far these moves have worked great and the team and players continue to improve.

Kyle Lowry was phucking trash his first 4-5 years in the league. Steve Nash didnt do doodoo his first 4-5 year. We know it will take 2 minutes for the grumpy geniuses of UK to declare that fish thinks Mudiay is the next Steve Nash, which is not the point.

The point is you either understand that some players take time in the league to develop or you dont. That doesnt mean that every player will eventually blossom. It just means if you are willing to invest time and development with enough young guys with talent you can find good players.

We have a young dynamic coach who has taken young guys under his wing. A week ago people were talking about NBA politics and how Dotson was prolly out because he was Phil pick. Now he's 3 games back after a little shooting like 65%, dropping 17pgg and is +25 in those 3 games combined. In the 5 games before sitting he was -40, and shot over 40% once. So WE SEE the coaching yanking young players around like this is terrible but the reality is we dont know what Fiz is telling them and so far none of these guys hang their heads. In fact they come back on fire.

I won't say Fiz is doing a great job because of the chaotic nature of his lineups and depth chart from night to night. This needs to stop. Even if he decides to keep Mario in the starting lineup for the time being, he needs to settle in. But the players are buying in and that's the biggest key for any coach.
why? I mean why specifically that?

Because that's not how functional organizations run their lineups, barring huge injuries. How can you install a system, build a regimen or develop players when you decide on a whim "Let's start Mario Hezonja?" If a player shows they deserve more playing time through improved play, then cool. But that experiment $h!t should last much past pre-season.

Why would you assume an coach who has been coaching in the NBA for over a decade, would just throw line ups to together on a whim?! Perhaps, Mario has been playing well in practice, outplaying the other SF's and earned the right to start. Same with Mudiay out playing the other pg's and Kanter outplaying the foul prone Robinson.

As far as the different line ups are concerned, I speculated in another thread that perhaps we are in the evaluation stage of the rebuild. We have a bunch of guys who contracts expire at the end of the season (Mudiay, Vonleh, Mario, Burke, etc) and its important to figure out who is a part of the long term plans and who aint....I believe there is a method to the madness...Rebuilds aint pretty but I think it will all make sense next year....

PresIke
Member: #33
USA
12/3/2018  8:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2018  8:04 PM
Meanwhile some of our esteemed fans have thing like this to say:

Dumb? lol

Love the genius of some of our fans. And Knicks Film School folks consider this dude a smart one worth following/listening to? (I heard that on the last podcast).

Right, so Fiz should just play Frank no matter what he does and Mudiay always on the bench.

Is Fiz a coach or a jukebox for fans who see "development" as one where the coach exclusively plays all young players with more than 1 year on their contract or who we already expect to keep?

How is he supposed to hold players accountable if he can't bench them when they don't perform well? If not, that's beyond ridiculous and no sane manager in any job would accept that as normal.

Having players you have to compete with for playing time can be a good thing for development rather than just an easy path where you can get complacent knowing you're always going to play. It's affecting some players who know they need to perform to get minutes/be in the rotation or start (Kanter) clearly, so the criticism of Fiz is very foolhardy if you ask me.

I know...Mudiay has a 8m cap hold, but seems early to decide he can't play when he's done well. What kind of madness would it be to drop him for Frank right now? Plus I expect Frank to get back into the rotation as Fiz has shown a propensity to do this already after players get DNP's. Seems like we could include Mudiay in some kind of trade as well if he keeps it up as his value would increase from pretty much almost zilch a few months ago.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/3/2018  10:29 PM
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Mudiay has 14 combined assists and 7 TOs over the last 5 games where he supposedly "broke out" as PG. He also has a net +/- of -9 over the same period.
The narrative people are pushing here trying to make this about Frank and his shortcomings is still the same old agenda driven bull****.
Mudiay is scrub, who plays little or no defense, he pushes the ball and commits turnovers as often as he converts fast breaks.
Starting PG my ass.

And yes giving him minutes forces Frank to play out of position and makes it twice as hard on him. This year should have been about developing the youth, clearly some fans are too enamored with inconsistent scorers to give a **** about that.

So the knicks coaching staff should only focus on getting frank better or just the players they drafted. Everybody else can kick rocks?

Pretty soon your'e going to hate fiz because he thinks they very opposite of how you think, he's a huge mudiay fan, a huge THJ fan, and in the last few games, he has cut back on franks and knox minutes to 15 per, (all on the negative side of plus/-)...the results have been very positive for the team

You think if frank and knox was playing well he would do that, he put those guys in the starting line up and gave them every opportunity to secure that role and they failed to impress, or even be avg, They played terrible.

Now that he's leaning more on mudiay, Kanter and burke, who clearly out played frank, knox and mitch...... aaaannnd we're winning some games..you think he should go back to teenagers and play himself

You talk about Mudiay and Burke like they're finish products, those guys have just taking their game up another level as oppose to Frank Knox who are a couple yrs away...

Let's get this straight, most of Frank's time in the starting lineup was at SF. Which was a stupid way to help him build his confidence.
And yes we invested our most valuable currency which is our draft picks on the youth and we brought Fiz in to develop that youth. That is the PRIMARY OBJECTIVE of a REBUILD. Trying to build up journeymen scrubs no one in the NBA wanted, for a three game winning streak during a season that won't lead to anything is exactly what he wasn't supposed to be doing. We have had enough fukking no defense chuckers in our history to have learned that lesson by now. But we have whole entire bandwagons of fans who justify playing time based on points scored even for PGs and don't even look at assist numbers, turnovers and God forbid defense.

While I'm on the develop the youth train. I feel there is no set way to develop players. Everyone develops differently. Frank after his first 2 games as a starting PG did not look good at all. It's then up to Fizz to judge Frank's personality and character and decide if he is actually growing through this trial and error or if he is losing confidence and regressing because there is much on his plate.

One thing I'm confident of is Frank is gonna put in the work to improve his game. So If he isn't ready yet mentally to take on these challenges today he will get there eventually. Still a long season left to go. I would like to see Fizz give Frank some designed plays though and build him up step by step.

Knicks have been winning so of course Mudiays having success will be highlighted and promoted. If Knicks were losing these games then things would probably be viewed differently.

Herzonia has been horrible but he has been getting starts. Fizz rotation seems to be based off experimenting.

I don't agree that Fiz should decide anything such after 2 games or 5 games. The whole point of a REBUILD is to let these guys play through their mistakes basically for the whole season. What Fiz is doing is the opposite. Again Frank needs to put in the work, never said he doesn't. And he didn't even start half of those 25 games at PG. Knicks are winning worthles games in a throwaway season of zero nonsense. Some people have difficulty grasping this simple truth. Nothing Mudiay is doing is sustainable, and he still doesn't play defense. And if the season is really that important they shouldn't have talked about doing a rebuild because its complete hypocrisy.

But half of our so called fans have written him off based on 25 games this season or can't wait to declare him a bench player so they can feel vindicated on their Phil hate. Not getting too suggest you are one of them.

The Knicks have played 21 games not 25. Frank has started 9 games at the point. That is more than any other young lottery point guard on the team.

That's your way of looking at it. Frank started 9-22 games and Mudiay 8-15 at PG.

I have to ask, how do you know what Mudiay is doing isn't sustainable? He is in great shape, isn't falling when he takes it to the rim and is playing with confidence. There are a lot of articles about Mudiay and his success. At least a couple talk about very good point guards who needed a few years to figure things out. Management wanted Mudiay. Beer has an article out today about the bond Fiz and Mudiay have had since Fiz was hired. It's worth your time to read it. It talks about the work Mudiay put in, how quickly he began working with Fiz ( a ton), etc.

Because I watch him play and suck ass on defense. I watch how bad his control is on fast breaks and how as a starting point guard he gets 2 assists and 2 TOs in a game with 4-13 shooting. I'll stick to watching games, you can read Beer to your heart'scontent. If that's even his real name? Just to be clear I didn't say he can't average 10 poimnts a game, which is his current mark for the season. When I said not sustainable - I meant hos performance over the last 5 games. That's not sutainable, IMO. Like most players he will regress to his mean as will his shooting percentages. His two games against the NOP stand out as good games, and he actually played defense on the second one. That's about it.

If you click on the tweet you can link to the article. I watch the games. I am amazed at the criticism of the coach and the attacking of guys not named Frank in the game thread. I don't participate as much because I would rather watch and root for the team. It has to suck to hate guys on the team you root for because you think they are taking your favorite players job. It the only guy on the roster that might have a complaint about effort/performance translating to minutes has been Dotson. I think Fiz has done a really good job so far. I think the front office and the coach are invested in Frank and Mudiay being successful.

Crush I agree Fiz has been great. Didnt Burke start breaking out after being benched? Pretty sure Doton's #s were way down before he got benched as well, and look what he's done since coming back. So far these moves have worked great and the team and players continue to improve.

Kyle Lowry was phucking trash his first 4-5 years in the league. Steve Nash didnt do doodoo his first 4-5 year. We know it will take 2 minutes for the grumpy geniuses of UK to declare that fish thinks Mudiay is the next Steve Nash, which is not the point.

The point is you either understand that some players take time in the league to develop or you dont. That doesnt mean that every player will eventually blossom. It just means if you are willing to invest time and development with enough young guys with talent you can find good players.

We have a young dynamic coach who has taken young guys under his wing. A week ago people were talking about NBA politics and how Dotson was prolly out because he was Phil pick. Now he's 3 games back after a little shooting like 65%, dropping 17pgg and is +25 in those 3 games combined. In the 5 games before sitting he was -40, and shot over 40% once. So WE SEE the coaching yanking young players around like this is terrible but the reality is we dont know what Fiz is telling them and so far none of these guys hang their heads. In fact they come back on fire.

I won't say Fiz is doing a great job because of the chaotic nature of his lineups and depth chart from night to night. This needs to stop. Even if he decides to keep Mario in the starting lineup for the time being, he needs to settle in. But the players are buying in and that's the biggest key for any coach.

Because that's not how functional organizations run their lineups, barring huge injuries. How can you install a system, build a regimen or develop players when you decide on a whim "Let's start Mario Hezonja?" If a player shows they deserve more playing time through improved play, then cool. But that experiment $h!t should last much past pre-season.

Why would you assume an coach who has been coaching in the NBA for over a decade, would just throw line ups to together on a whim?! Perhaps, Mario has been playing well in practice, outplaying the other SF's and earned the right to start. Same with Mudiay out playing the other pg's and Kanter outplaying the foul prone Robinson.

As far as the different line ups are concerned, I speculated in another thread that perhaps we are in the evaluation stage of the rebuild. We have a bunch of guys who contracts expire at the end of the season (Mudiay, Vonleh, Mario, Burke, etc) and its important to figure out who is a part of the long term plans and who aint....I believe there is a method to the madness...Rebuilds aint pretty but I think it will all make sense next year....

We have a guy who's been a headcoach for over a decade? Fiz is nearly a rookie as far as headcoaches go. That's why I'm not calling for his head, yet. You gotta take the good with the bad. Maybe Mario has been killing it in practice? But I doubt it. Even if he has, he did not do it enough times on the court to take time away from Dot. Even now, with Dot coming off the bench, it's clear who the more impactful player is. It's odd. The Kanter /Robinson thing is also weird. Of course Kanter would be more NBA ready than Mitch. Heck, I thought Mitch would start off in the G-League. Wasn't the point of starting Mitchell to get our future center more reps and minutes. No one should be surprised Robinson struggled with fouls. If you're gonna take him out of the starting lineup, I gotta ask, what was the point of starting him in the first place. If we're evaluating, there's no need to waste time on Kanter, Burke, Thomas in the first place. It makes sense if we're competing for the 8th spot of the playoffs. I don't what direction we're going. If we're going full player development, then cool. If we're going for the 8th playoff spot that's cool. We suck too much from stopping this tank from moving forward. Just pick one.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/4/2018  9:32 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Starting PG my ass.

We have a guy who's been a headcoach for over a decade? Fiz is nearly a rookie as far as headcoaches go. That's why I'm not calling for his head, yet. You gotta take the good with the bad. Maybe Mario has been killing it in practice? But I doubt it. Even if he has, he did not do it enough times on the court to take time away from Dot. Even now, with Dot coming off the bench, it's clear who the more impactful player is. It's odd. The Kanter /Robinson thing is also weird. Of course Kanter would be more NBA ready than Mitch. Heck, I thought Mitch would start off in the G-League. Wasn't the point of starting Mitchell to get our future center more reps and minutes. No one should be surprised Robinson struggled with fouls. If you're gonna take him out of the starting lineup, I gotta ask, what was the point of starting him in the first place. If we're evaluating, there's no need to waste time on Kanter, Burke, Thomas in the first place. It makes sense if we're competing for the 8th spot of the playoffs. I don't what direction we're going. If we're going full player development, then cool. If we're going for the 8th playoff spot that's cool. We suck too much from stopping this tank from moving forward. Just pick one.

I think all of this is mental. I think Fiz thought Mario (who sees himself as a starter) would produce better in that role and Dot would be good either way (starting or coming off the bench). It just hasn't worked. So maybe Fiz thinks if he returns Mario to the bench he loses him entirely. I don't know. Sometimes starters aren't based on the five best but the scenario to maximize everybody. So far it's not yielding any meaningful results so I agree that maybe it's time to hitch our wagon to Dot.
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/4/2018  10:05 AM
PresIke wrote:Meanwhile some of our esteemed fans have thing like this to say:

Dumb? lol

Love the genius of some of our fans. And Knicks Film School folks consider this dude a smart one worth following/listening to? (I heard that on the last podcast).

Right, so Fiz should just play Frank no matter what he does and Mudiay always on the bench.

Is Fiz a coach or a jukebox for fans who see "development" as one where the coach exclusively plays all young players with more than 1 year on their contract or who we already expect to keep?

How is he supposed to hold players accountable if he can't bench them when they don't perform well? If not, that's beyond ridiculous and no sane manager in any job would accept that as normal.

Having players you have to compete with for playing time can be a good thing for development rather than just an easy path where you can get complacent knowing you're always going to play. It's affecting some players who know they need to perform to get minutes/be in the rotation or start (Kanter) clearly, so the criticism of Fiz is very foolhardy if you ask me.

I know...Mudiay has a 8m cap hold, but seems early to decide he can't play when he's done well. What kind of madness would it be to drop him for Frank right now? Plus I expect Frank to get back into the rotation as Fiz has shown a propensity to do this already after players get DNP's. Seems like we could include Mudiay in some kind of trade as well if he keeps it up as his value would increase from pretty much almost zilch a few months ago.

I read the tweets differently. KFS is saying that Mudiay should start (Mudiay over Frank). I'm a Frank fan too, and I can agree with that as well. Mud is playing better than Frank right now; There's something off with Frank

Of course the huge irony is that all we keep hearing is that Fizzdale got Mudiay's confidence up by playing him. If I were to speculate on Frank, I'd say it's a confidence thing too. (His shot mechanics are far superior to Mudiay's -- no hitch, stays on his feet etc). Yet Fizzdale's approach to Frank is glue him to the bench. That to me is at least highly puzzling -- specially since Frank can contribute on defense more than any other guard on the team

Being a Knick fan, I am hoping that Mud continues his growth

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/4/2018  10:17 AM
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Starting PG my ass.

As an assistant coach for a decade. As a head coach he was a little over .500 one year, and in his second year alienated his best player, and the GM said he couldn't close games.

We can agree there's madness, but disagree if there's a method to it. Perhaps some deep regression analysis on statistics proves Hezonja should start and Frank shouldn't be guarding Beal or Wall

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/4/2018  10:49 AM
My take is that Mudiay should start over frank and agree with "Knicks school" point of view.
Does that mean Frank is done in NY? It shouldn't.
Is benching the answer? My opinion or observation could be Fiz pulls these guys out and tells them what they need to be doing and that they will get another chance. Remind him he is only 20. I think Frank might have been pressing and the pressure to perform at this level is not easy. Sure he is a pro player but the ego when bruised is not easily healed. Agents are there to manage them a bit, maybe his family too but its a lot. So by pulling him and defining a few things perhaps when he gets another chance his head is in a better place. We don't see things in practice and they don't get a lot of time in either.
On TV all I see are the symptoms of what's wrong: Missed shots and perhaps frustration. I don't care much about media portrayal but naturally rumors need to be addressed from time to time.
Trade frank? Perhaps if the offseason nets us a ready to go rookie and Durant then the time line might get moved up.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/4/2018  11:42 AM
Nalod wrote:My take is that Mudiay should start over frank and agree with "Knicks school" point of view.
Is benching the answer? My opinion or observation could be Fiz pulls these guys out and tells them what they need to be doing and that they will get another chance. Remind him he is only 20. I think Frank might have been pressing and the pressure to perform at this level is not easy. Sure he is a pro player but the ego when bruised is not easily healed. Agents are there to manage them a bit, maybe his family too but its a lot. So by pulling him and defining a few things perhaps when he gets another chance his head is in a better place. We don't see things in practice and they don't get a lot of time in either.
On TV all I see are the symptoms of what's wrong: Missed shots and perhaps frustration. I don't care much about media portrayal but naturally rumors need to be addressed from time to time.
Trade frank? Perhaps if the offseason nets us a ready to go rookie and Durant then the time line might get moved up.

I honestly think that trading away Frank would be the wrong thing to do. Let's face it, this team is going to be built around KP. We need players to compliment him. Frank fits that mold. We need a PG that understands how to setup the offense for our superstar. Mudiay is better at pushing the ball for a faster pace but his halfcourt game is not on par with Frank. We currently have the players that can compliment KP. Vonleh and Mitch. Knox and Boobies. THJr. We are going to need Frank to distribute and manage the team. It's not a sexy job but I think he is just better at this than Mudiay or Burke.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
12/4/2018  11:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/4/2018  11:55 AM
Mudiay is so embarassing on his drives where he gets blocked with ease or throws up a limp fall away lay up brick.

But at least he does drive. Frank does not.

But at least Frank defends.

Im not sure wtf Hezonia does.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/4/2018  1:12 PM
anrst wrote:Mudiay is so embarassing on his drives where he gets blocked with ease or throws up a limp fall away lay up brick.

But at least he does drive. Frank does not.

But at least Frank defends.

Im not sure wtf Hezonia does.

Mario has good hair.

knicks1248
12/4/2018  1:32 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Nalod wrote:My take is that Mudiay should start over frank and agree with "Knicks school" point of view.

I honestly think that trading away Frank would be the wrong thing to do. Let's face it, this team is going to be built around KP. We need players to compliment him. Frank fits that mold. We need a PG that understands how to setup the offense for our superstar. Mudiay is better at pushing the ball for a faster pace but his halfcourt game is not on par with Frank. We currently have the players that can compliment KP. Vonleh and Mitch. Knox and Boobies. THJr. We are going to need Frank to distribute and manage the team. It's not a sexy job but I think he is just better at this than Mudiay or Burke.

You mean you want the team to play at franks speed, instead of frank playing at the teams speed...yeah right!!

He was bench because he hasn't been able to play any position well.

Frank has a multitude of issues, shooting, passing, penetrating, even his defense isn't all that at times. His biggest problem is that he doesn't play at an NBA pace and that's not something a few DNP CD is going to cure.

If Everyone on the team is currently playing better then him, what is he suppose to do, bench them for frank..

Burke is injured and Fiz has no intentions of playing him at point, that should give you a very good indication on how they feel about him playing that position

ES
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

12/4/2018  8:53 PM
Nalod wrote:My take is that Mudiay should start over frank ....

It's not going to really matter.

The Knicks have injuries and general talent/depth problems. Both are going to get minutes. Even with struggles and ineffectiveness, both are still going to get minutes. You can't drive either of them into the ground, it's a long long long regular season.

Even if Fizdale decided to give one of them long burn for a while, it would not be sustainable, you'd get a player injured ( Thibs style) by grinding them down with too many minutes.

Mudiay is going to be a streak guy. He'll have some good stretches (he's had them before) but he's going to not give you consistency ( otherwise he wouldn't have been available in the first place) When he's in a bad streak, someone else will get minutes. Mudiay is a journeyman at this point in his career. He's playing a bit better now, good for him and good for the team, but a deeper dive against his career arc means it wouldn't be sustainable. Is it possible? In theory. Is it likely? Nothing in NBA modern history and developmental trends look good for it.

Who starts is less relevant than who produces and when.

Anrst is right, Frank N needs to take the ball to the rim. Even if it fails. He needs to try to penetrate. He's got his hand under her shirt but won't go for the bra snap. Just pull the **** over her head you dummy and quite settling for ground rule doubles. Frank N is trying to get traded on purpose, but politely. It's quite bizarre.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/4/2018  9:43 PM
frank is urkel right now. he’s not ready for 2nd base.

i don’t think he’s feelin’ fiz either.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

12/4/2018  11:59 PM
PresIke wrote:How is he supposed to hold players accountable if he can't bench them when they don't perform well? If not, that's beyond ridiculous and no sane manager in any job would accept that as normal.

When Kobe Bryant drove out Phil Jackson the first time, he openly courted Coach K from Duke to take over the Lakers. Coach K had the choice of the safe road of being a living God at Duke, doing whatever he wanted when he wanted, or go to the pros where he would have close to no power (Kobe is going to do what Kobe wants to do) Coach K, albeit politely, came clean about it. He could "influence" players in the NBA somewhat, but he couldn't make them do anything they didn't want to do.

The truth is NBA head coaches can only hold a few players accountable. Elite guys/super star guys/franchise guys can do whatever they want. Some don't like Tim Duncan, but you can't just sit a James Harden or a Russ Westbrook down. Guys signed to large deals via the GM in place, the head coach has to consider the fallout. Benching that guy is a form of open criticism of your GM. Some coaches don't want that kind of fight for back end minutes.

You can hold a Lance Thomas accountable by benching him.

You'd be insane to think any modern coach could just outright bench a Zinger without some extreme circumstances, no matter how ****ed up and selfish Zinger would play.

You are saying no coach in the NBA would put up with that **** but eventually all of them do.

Phil Jackson already had 9 coaching rings and he had to try to convince Kobe to try on defense. Nine ****ing rings not including the hardware he got as a player too.

In the real world, if you get put in charge of the bosses/CEO's son, and he's a ****up, what are you going to do? Fire him? Dress him down? Talk **** about him?

It's a players league, coaches have little to no power. But you are right, no one "sane" would want that job.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

12/5/2018  11:32 AM
Mudiay needs to stay in the top 3 threads as a reminder to all the people who want to give up on frank... Mudiay is playing like a top pick.... as a matter of fact Mudiay would be a senior in college probably dominating the ncaa
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/5/2018  11:44 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

You mean you want the team to play at franks speed, instead of frank playing at the teams speed...yeah right!!

Frank has a multitude of issues, shooting, passing, penetrating, even his defense isn't all that at times. His biggest problem is that he doesn't play at an NBA pace and that's not something a few DNP CD is going to cure.

If Everyone on the team is currently playing better then him, what is he suppose to do, bench them for frank..

Burke is injured and Fiz has no intentions of playing him at point, that should give you a very good indication on how they feel about him playing that position

I try not to reply to you about Frank because of your obvious disdain about the man or the man's game. It doesn't matter what anybody says you will find a negative about it....but...I will do it anyways..

I didn't say that. I said that KP's game is more of a halfcourt set. KP is not an up and down player. KP needs a more controlled game that Frank has shown to be more than capable of playing. I am talking about what fits our superstar.

He was benched because he was struggling with his offense. I can't argue with Fiz on that since he has been golden with his depth chart management.

Frank has a lot of issues, I agree, like the other players in this roster. They are all young and this is what developing players looks like. His shooting has been on a down trend. His mechanics are good and this is fixable. His passing is excellent...not sure what you are talking about here. Penetrating is on and off. You can see that he has the ability but his mentality is very passive. This also is fixable. His defense? Really? So you think that he has to shutdown everybody 100% of the time. This is why I can't take you seriously on your take on Frank. I agree that he doesn't play todays NBA pace but saying that this can't be fixed is just downright near sighted and agenda based.

Never said anything like that. Frank should earn his time. My post clearly indicates that they should not give up on Frank because he is the perfect compliment to our superstar IMHO.

Not sure why Fiz didn't play Frank when Burke got injured. My thinking is that Fiz has this plan of benching his players that is struggling no matter what happens in game. I like to think that Fiz is a little more open minded than us.
knicks1248
12/5/2018  11:49 AM
fitzfarm wrote:Mudiay needs to stay in the top 3 threads as a reminder to all the people who want to give up on frank... Mudiay is playing like a top pick.... as a matter of fact Mudiay would be a senior in college probably dominating the ncaa

If winning isn't a priority for the next 4 or 5 years and the franchise can live with losing for 10 straight yrs, I say keep him and let the next regime deal with him

ES

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy