AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/27/2018  6:13 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Mudiay has 14 combined assists and 7 TOs over the last 5 games where he supposedly "broke out" as PG. He also has a net +/- of -9 over the same period.
The narrative people are pushing here trying to make this about Frank and his shortcomings is still the same old agenda driven bull****.
Mudiay is scrub, who plays little or no defense, he pushes the ball and commits turnovers as often as he converts fast breaks.
Starting PG my ass.

And yes giving him minutes forces Frank to play out of position and makes it twice as hard on him. This year should have been about developing the youth, clearly some fans are too enamored with inconsistent scorers to give a **** about that.

So the knicks coaching staff should only focus on getting frank better or just the players they drafted. Everybody else can kick rocks?

Pretty soon your'e going to hate fiz because he thinks they very opposite of how you think, he's a huge mudiay fan, a huge THJ fan, and in the last few games, he has cut back on franks and knox minutes to 15 per, (all on the negative side of plus/-)...the results have been very positive for the team

You think if frank and knox was playing well he would do that, he put those guys in the starting line up and gave them every opportunity to secure that role and they failed to impress, or even be avg, They played terrible.

Now that he's leaning more on mudiay, Kanter and burke, who clearly out played frank, knox and mitch...... aaaannnd we're winning some games..you think he should go back to teenagers and play himself

You talk about Mudiay and Burke like they're finish products, those guys have just taking their game up another level as oppose to Frank Knox who are a couple yrs away...

Let's get this straight, most of Frank's time in the starting lineup was at SF. Which was a stupid way to help him build his confidence.
And yes we invested our most valuable currency which is our draft picks on the youth and we brought Fiz in to develop that youth. That is the PRIMARY OBJECTIVE of a REBUILD. Trying to build up journeymen scrubs no one in the NBA wanted, for a three game winning streak during a season that won't lead to anything is exactly what he wasn't supposed to be doing. We have had enough fukking no defense chuckers in our history to have learned that lesson by now. But we have whole entire bandwagons of fans who justify playing time based on points scored even for PGs and don't even look at assist numbers, turnovers and God forbid defense.

While I'm on the develop the youth train. I feel there is no set way to develop players. Everyone develops differently. Frank after his first 2 games as a starting PG did not look good at all. It's then up to Fizz to judge Frank's personality and character and decide if he is actually growing through this trial and error or if he is losing confidence and regressing because there is much on his plate.

One thing I'm confident of is Frank is gonna put in the work to improve his game. So If he isn't ready yet mentally to take on these challenges today he will get there eventually. Still a long season left to go. I would like to see Fizz give Frank some designed plays though and build him up step by step.

Knicks have been winning so of course Mudiays having success will be highlighted and promoted. If Knicks were losing these games then things would probably be viewed differently.

Herzonia has been horrible but he has been getting starts. Fizz rotation seems to be based off experimenting.

I don't agree that Fiz should decide anything such after 2 games or 5 games. The whole point of a REBUILD is to let these guys play through their mistakes basically for the whole season. What Fiz is doing is the opposite. Again Frank needs to put in the work, never said he doesn't. And he didn't even start half of those 25 games at PG. Knicks are winning worthles games in a throwaway season of zero nonsense. Some people have difficulty grasping this simple truth. Nothing Mudiay is doing is sustainable, and he still doesn't play defense. And if the season is really that important they shouldn't have talked about doing a rebuild because its complete hypocrisy.

But half of our so called fans have written him off based on 25 games this season or can't wait to declare him a bench player so they can feel vindicated on their Phil hate. Not getting too suggest you are one of them.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo

11/27/2018  6:19 PM
Welpee wrote:Why is it that Mudiay gets so much scrutiny yet it seems like Hezonja is getting a pass? The guy is from the same draft class (in fact drafted ahead of him), he's slightly older than Mudiay, but no 1,000 word dissertations about why he sucks, why he'll always suck, and why we are idiots for thinking he could ever amount to anything. No stats, no essays, nada.

Why is it there aren't a ****load of fans trying to anoint Hezonja as our future at SF?
People respond to what gets posted, not what someone imagines as a strawman argument. Nowhere has anyone ever given Hezonja a pass. He is not a NBA caliber player and doesn't belong on a roster. Mudiay is much more valuable than Hezonja at least based on the first one third of the season.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/27/2018  6:51 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Mudiay has 14 combined assists and 7 TOs over the last 5 games where he supposedly "broke out" as PG. He also has a net +/- of -9 over the same period.
The narrative people are pushing here trying to make this about Frank and his shortcomings is still the same old agenda driven bull****.
Mudiay is scrub, who plays little or no defense, he pushes the ball and commits turnovers as often as he converts fast breaks.
Starting PG my ass.

And yes giving him minutes forces Frank to play out of position and makes it twice as hard on him. This year should have been about developing the youth, clearly some fans are too enamored with inconsistent scorers to give a **** about that.

So the knicks coaching staff should only focus on getting frank better or just the players they drafted. Everybody else can kick rocks?

Pretty soon your'e going to hate fiz because he thinks they very opposite of how you think, he's a huge mudiay fan, a huge THJ fan, and in the last few games, he has cut back on franks and knox minutes to 15 per, (all on the negative side of plus/-)...the results have been very positive for the team

You think if frank and knox was playing well he would do that, he put those guys in the starting line up and gave them every opportunity to secure that role and they failed to impress, or even be avg, They played terrible.

Now that he's leaning more on mudiay, Kanter and burke, who clearly out played frank, knox and mitch...... aaaannnd we're winning some games..you think he should go back to teenagers and play himself

You talk about Mudiay and Burke like they're finish products, those guys have just taking their game up another level as oppose to Frank Knox who are a couple yrs away...

Let's get this straight, most of Frank's time in the starting lineup was at SF. Which was a stupid way to help him build his confidence.
And yes we invested our most valuable currency which is our draft picks on the youth and we brought Fiz in to develop that youth. That is the PRIMARY OBJECTIVE of a REBUILD. Trying to build up journeymen scrubs no one in the NBA wanted, for a three game winning streak during a season that won't lead to anything is exactly what he wasn't supposed to be doing. We have had enough fukking no defense chuckers in our history to have learned that lesson by now. But we have whole entire bandwagons of fans who justify playing time based on points scored even for PGs and don't even look at assist numbers, turnovers and God forbid defense.

While I'm on the develop the youth train. I feel there is no set way to develop players. Everyone develops differently. Frank after his first 2 games as a starting PG did not look good at all. It's then up to Fizz to judge Frank's personality and character and decide if he is actually growing through this trial and error or if he is losing confidence and regressing because there is much on his plate.

One thing I'm confident of is Frank is gonna put in the work to improve his game. So If he isn't ready yet mentally to take on these challenges today he will get there eventually. Still a long season left to go. I would like to see Fizz give Frank some designed plays though and build him up step by step.

Knicks have been winning so of course Mudiays having success will be highlighted and promoted. If Knicks were losing these games then things would probably be viewed differently.

Herzonia has been horrible but he has been getting starts. Fizz rotation seems to be based off experimenting.

I don't agree that Fiz should decide anything such after 2 games or 5 games. The whole point of a REBUILD is to let these guys play through their mistakes basically for the whole season. What Fiz is doing is the opposite. Again Frank needs to put in the work, never said he doesn't. And he didn't even start half of those 25 games at PG. Knicks are winning worthles games in a throwaway season of zero nonsense. Some people have difficulty grasping this simple truth. Nothing Mudiay is doing is sustainable, and he still doesn't play defense. And if the season is really that important they shouldn't have talked about doing a rebuild because its complete hypocrisy.

But half of our so called fans have written him off based on 25 games this season or can't wait to declare him a bench player so they can feel vindicated on their Phil hate. Not getting too suggest you are one of them.

The Knicks have played 21 games not 25. Frank has started 9 games at the point. That is more than any other young lottery point guard on the team.
I have to ask, how do you know what Mudiay is doing isn't sustainable? He is in great shape, isn't falling when he takes it to the rim and is playing with confidence. There are a lot of articles about Mudiay and his success. At least a couple talk about very good point guards who needed a few years to figure things out. Management wanted Mudiay. Beer has an article out today about the bond Fiz and Mudiay have had since Fiz was hired. It's worth your time to read it. It talks about the work Mudiay put in, how quickly he began working with Fiz ( a ton), etc.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo

11/27/2018  10:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/27/2018  11:08 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Starting PG my ass.

The Knicks have played 21 games not 25. Frank has started 9 games at the point. That is more than any other young lottery point guard on the team.

That's your way of looking at it. Frank started 9-22 games and Mudiay 8-15 at PG.

I have to ask, how do you know what Mudiay is doing isn't sustainable? He is in great shape, isn't falling when he takes it to the rim and is playing with confidence. There are a lot of articles about Mudiay and his success. At least a couple talk about very good point guards who needed a few years to figure things out. Management wanted Mudiay. Beer has an article out today about the bond Fiz and Mudiay have had since Fiz was hired. It's worth your time to read it. It talks about the work Mudiay put in, how quickly he began working with Fiz ( a ton), etc.

Because I watch him play and suck ass on defense. I watch how bad his control is on fast breaks and how as a starting point guard he gets 2 assists and 2 TOs in a game with 4-13 shooting. I'll stick to watching games, you can read Beer to your heart'scontent. If that's even his real name? Just to be clear I didn't say he can't average 10 poimnts a game, which is his current mark for the season. When I said not sustainable - I meant hos performance over the last 5 games. That's not sutainable, IMO. Like most players he will regress to his mean as will his shooting percentages. His two games against the NOP stand out as good games, and he actually played defense on the second one. That's about it.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/28/2018  5:35 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Starting PG my ass.

That's your way of looking at it. Frank started 9-22 games and Mudiay 8-15 at PG.

Because I watch him play and suck ass on defense. I watch how bad his control is on fast breaks and how as a starting point guard he gets 2 assists and 2 TOs in a game with 4-13 shooting. I'll stick to watching games, you can read Beer to your heart'scontent. If that's even his real name? Just to be clear I didn't say he can't average 10 poimnts a game, which is his current mark for the season. When I said not sustainable - I meant hos performance over the last 5 games. That's not sutainable, IMO. Like most players he will regress to his mean as will his shooting percentages. His two games against the NOP stand out as good games, and he actually played defense on the second one. That's about it.

If you click on the tweet you can link to the article. I watch the games. I am amazed at the criticism of the coach and the attacking of guys not named Frank in the game thread. I don't participate as much because I would rather watch and root for the team. It has to suck to hate guys on the team you root for because you think they are taking your favorite players job. It the only guy on the roster that might have a complaint about effort/performance translating to minutes has been Dotson. I think Fiz has done a really good job so far. I think the front office and the coach are invested in Frank and Mudiay being successful.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/28/2018  7:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2018  7:11 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:Why is it that Mudiay gets so much scrutiny yet it seems like Hezonja is getting a pass? The guy is from the same draft class (in fact drafted ahead of him), he's slightly older than Mudiay, but no 1,000 word dissertations about why he sucks, why he'll always suck, and why we are idiots for thinking he could ever amount to anything. No stats, no essays, nada.

Why is it there aren't a ****load of fans trying to anoint Hezonja as our future at SF?
People respond to what gets posted, not what someone imagines as a strawman argument. Nowhere has anyone ever given Hezonja a pass. He is not a NBA caliber player and doesn't belong on a roster. Mudiay is much more valuable than Hezonja at least based on the first one third of the season.

I think you are greatly exaggerating how many are "anointing" Mudiay as our future PG to justify your Mudiay hater rants.

So let me get this straight, Mudiay has a good stretch of games and people are open-minded enough to consider that maybe is validating why he was a lottery pick and that warrants him being trashed. But Hezonja (who has been healthy all year except being ill for a few games) has basically shown little all season even though he has been put in the starting line-up, but nobody is motivated to write lengthy essays about why he sucks, why he's washed up at 23 and why he has no window to ever improve?

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/1/2018  8:24 PM
Mudiay with another clutch performance!!! 15 pts in the 4th and overtime. 2 huge 3's!! Safe to say he has the pg spot in the cobra clutch!!!!
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/2/2018  2:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/2/2018  2:35 PM
Mudiay had 28 pts, 7 assist, shot 56% from the field and 80% on threes and from the free throw line and hit a bunch of clutch shots.

But I guess since his assist/turnover ratio was only 2.3 and his +/- was -3 you shouldn't believe what you saw against the Bucks and he sucked last night.

stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

12/3/2018  5:47 AM
Mudiay is our future pg.
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
12/3/2018  9:18 AM
why does he always let go of his shot too late?
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/3/2018  9:29 AM
I am very happy he had a clutch performance, but was also worried that we were seeing the return of the "be-like-Mike" version of Mudiay: he had a hitch in his shot again, was falling all over the place sometimes leading to numbers in the other direction.

Lately he has a great game followed by a poor one. I hope the coaching staff is spending some time one on one with him and telling him what to focus on

(5)(5)
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/3/2018  10:32 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Starting PG my ass.

If you click on the tweet you can link to the article. I watch the games. I am amazed at the criticism of the coach and the attacking of guys not named Frank in the game thread. I don't participate as much because I would rather watch and root for the team. It has to suck to hate guys on the team you root for because you think they are taking your favorite players job. It the only guy on the roster that might have a complaint about effort/performance translating to minutes has been Dotson. I think Fiz has done a really good job so far. I think the front office and the coach are invested in Frank and Mudiay being successful.
totally agree. This is about the team, about the Knicks.

Crush I agree Fiz has been great. Didnt Burke start breaking out after being benched? Pretty sure Doton's #s were way down before he got benched as well, and look what he's done since coming back. So far these moves have worked great and the team and players continue to improve.

Kyle Lowry was phucking trash his first 4-5 years in the league. Steve Nash didnt do doodoo his first 4-5 year. We know it will take 2 minutes for the grumpy geniuses of UK to declare that fish thinks Mudiay is the next Steve Nash, which is not the point.

The point is you either understand that some players take time in the league to develop or you dont. That doesnt mean that every player will eventually blossom. It just means if you are willing to invest time and development with enough young guys with talent you can find good players.

We have a young dynamic coach who has taken young guys under his wing. A week ago people were talking about NBA politics and how Dotson was prolly out because he was Phil pick. Now he's 3 games back after a little shooting like 65%, dropping 17pgg and is +25 in those 3 games combined. In the 5 games before sitting he was -40, and shot over 40% once. So WE SEE the coaching yanking young players around like this is terrible but the reality is we dont know what Fiz is telling them and so far none of these guys hang their heads. In fact they come back on fire.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/3/2018  11:15 AM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Starting PG my ass.

Crush I agree Fiz has been great. Didnt Burke start breaking out after being benched? Pretty sure Doton's #s were way down before he got benched as well, and look what he's done since coming back. So far these moves have worked great and the team and players continue to improve.

Kyle Lowry was phucking trash his first 4-5 years in the league. Steve Nash didnt do doodoo his first 4-5 year. We know it will take 2 minutes for the grumpy geniuses of UK to declare that fish thinks Mudiay is the next Steve Nash, which is not the point.

The point is you either understand that some players take time in the league to develop or you dont. That doesnt mean that every player will eventually blossom. It just means if you are willing to invest time and development with enough young guys with talent you can find good players.

We have a young dynamic coach who has taken young guys under his wing. A week ago people were talking about NBA politics and how Dotson was prolly out because he was Phil pick. Now he's 3 games back after a little shooting like 65%, dropping 17pgg and is +25 in those 3 games combined. In the 5 games before sitting he was -40, and shot over 40% once. So WE SEE the coaching yanking young players around like this is terrible but the reality is we dont know what Fiz is telling them and so far none of these guys hang their heads. In fact they come back on fire.

I won't say Fiz is doing a great job because of the chaotic nature of his lineups and depth chart from night to night. This needs to stop. Even if he decides to keep Mario in the starting lineup for the time being, he needs to settle in. But the players are buying in and that's the biggest key for any coach.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/3/2018  11:36 AM
I like that despite the chaotic nature of this team and the lineup changes they keep coming back in some form.
No, this is far from a finished product. THis is a teat that goes deep and has young players. They are by nature inconsistent.
They are not down. Fiz has kept his team and there is still a long road ahead.
What we as fans have to consider is "Trajectory".
A few bad games we write players off, make trades that don't make sense, etc. We generally follow media. current Frank trade talk lacks substance. Frank has a few good games, we are jacked. Frank sticks up the joint we write him off. Its fans prerogative.
What am I saying? With this team its good to keep an open mind. Its more fun actually!!!!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/3/2018  11:43 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Starting PG my ass.

I won't say Fiz is doing a great job because of the chaotic nature of his lineups and depth chart from night to night. This needs to stop. Even if he decides to keep Mario in the starting lineup for the time being, he needs to settle in. But the players are buying in and that's the biggest key for any coach.
why? I mean why specifically that?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/3/2018  12:27 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Starting PG my ass.

+ 10000...

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
12/3/2018  12:54 PM
right. forgot it was just a week ago dotson was headed outta town. now they're praising him on nbatv.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
12/3/2018  1:47 PM
I feel like the tough-love fan here on Mudiay. While I thought he was awesome this past game, his prior 2 were not good. How about some consistency? :)

I haven't heard much about Burke's injury, but I suspect he'll be out at least a few games. Mudiay has a big opportunity to own the position right now. I'm lukewarm on the early returns on Mudiay's improved finishing around the rim.

It'll be interesting to see how Fizdale manages the backup PG spot. Does Frank (or Baker) come off the bench as backup, or does he use this as an opportunity to challenge THJr to be more a distributor then slot Dotson next to him at SG?

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/3/2018  1:48 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Starting PG my ass.

why? I mean why specifically that?

Because that's not how functional organizations run their lineups, barring huge injuries. How can you install a system, build a regimen or develop players when you decide on a whim "Let's start Mario Hezonja?" If a player shows they deserve more playing time through improved play, then cool. But that experiment $h!t should last much past pre-season.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy