[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
JamesKPolk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4093

11/15/2018  3:48 PM
Mudiay isn’t good and is not worth arguing over. He’s a fringe NBa player at best.
"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/15/2018  6:30 PM
Nalod wrote:I saw another shyt show last night despite the line up changes.
If your going to suck, might as well let Frank be in there with Mitchell and Knox and let them play thru it.
When Adam Silver starts complaining because teams are not getting good attendance numbers KP should be about ready for the last third of the season.
Meanwhile we are pairing down the scrap heap as to who stays and who gets waived.

Yep, Mudiay is a washed up scrub who doesn't do anything at a NBA average level.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/16/2018  7:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2018  7:58 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
If your going to suck, might as well let Frank be in there with Mitchell and Knox and let them play thru it.
When Adam Silver starts complaining because teams are not getting good attendance numbers KP should be about ready for the last third of the season.
Meanwhile we are pairing down the scrap heap as to who stays and who gets waived.

Yep, Mudiay is a washed up scrub who doesn't do anything at a NBA average level.

If so then the process is weeding itself out. Perhaps there is truth to Fiz going 25 games to see who is worth it going forward then setting the rotation. If a fair “audition” process the players whole be mostly good with it. The evidence is what it is. Cream rises to the top. Let others go or trade to give them ample opportunity to land elsewhere if others value them.
It’s a long season still. A “process” is just that and the end result is still clear. I’m not saying we going to go on a tear and make the playoffs but I’m speaking to what the season offers.
Currently Baker and Trey Burke are not in the rotation. I’m ok with Mudiay getting his chance. It’s just that.

fwk00
Member: #6048

11/16/2018  10:31 AM

Precisely put.

The metric for PGs is 5 years of NBA experience before they shine - true almost to the man.

You play Mudiay because you have him for the year - nothing to lose, stealing nobody's time. If he shows you something by year's end you have a PG prospect, if not you took a calculated risk.

Frankie is two years away from being the player he will be. Today, he should be starting at some position and just getting minutes, throwing up bricks, and playing with passion - NO expectations except growth. This is a development year.

Fizdale needs to stop tinkering with lineups as if there's something to be gained that way. Expect to lose no matter what. In which case, play the future. Play the flyer on a guy like Mudiay.

Jenkins in Westchester is one of those guys who has kicked around for three or four years - is he turning a corner? Take a look. He's a scoring machine.

Move Kanter - anywhere for anything. Hezonja and Burke the same. They don't belong in a rebuild team.

Yes to Mitchell and Knox.

No to Porky believing he is ready to play this year - for what? He's becoming a head case.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/16/2018  10:41 AM
fwk00 wrote:

Precisely put.

The metric for PGs is 5 years of NBA experience before they shine - true almost to the man.

You play Mudiay because you have him for the year - nothing to lose, stealing nobody's time. If he shows you something by year's end you have a PG prospect, if not you took a calculated risk.

Frankie is two years away from being the player he will be. Today, he should be starting at some position and just getting minutes, throwing up bricks, and playing with passion - NO expectations except growth. This is a development year.

Fizdale needs to stop tinkering with lineups as if there's something to be gained that way. Expect to lose no matter what. In which case, play the future. Play the flyer on a guy like Mudiay.

Jenkins in Westchester is one of those guys who has kicked around for three or four years - is he turning a corner? Take a look. He's a scoring machine.

Move Kanter - anywhere for anything. Hezonja and Burke the same. They don't belong in a rebuild team.

Yes to Mitchell and Knox.

No to Porky believing he is ready to play this year - for what? He's becoming a head case.

hahaha awesome autocorrect

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/16/2018  11:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2018  11:27 AM
fwk00 wrote:Jenkins in Westchester is one of those guys who has kicked around for three or four years - is he turning a corner? Take a look. He's a scoring machine.

Jenkins has always been a scoring machine. There are clips of him blowing up in NBA games. The questions about his game centered around defense and athleticism. I think he had some injuries which also cost him some athleticism. I'm not sure he's turned a corner, but I'm not against giving him a shot.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/17/2018  9:24 AM
Mudiay remains an enigma. Last night 90% of his shots he was solid and balanced. Much different player

He had a couple where he was trying to impersonate and as expected drew iron

He needs to stick to the boring shots. Also needs to work on his ft%

I say all of the above w the caveat that I fear this is a waste of time and energy and even if we are successful in changing his game for the better our reward will be a larger contract demand

Would prefer if the team got a vet who could teach Frank

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/17/2018  10:03 AM
At 22 can Mudiay still build a foundation of fundamental like the glimpse of we saw last night? While we are in the hear and now is this a multi year process? If so monetarily at a modest price?
I like his game for a second unit. For what Frank brings I’d rather plow ahead with him despite his offensive game. Question is at 20 will he further grow his game? How can he not???
Burke off the bench is also pretty good proposition. None of our guys are starter material yet, so I defer to potential and intangible which frank wins this tally.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/17/2018  12:10 PM
Nalod wrote:At 22 can Mudiay still build a foundation of fundamental like the glimpse of we saw last night? While we are in the hear and now is this a multi year process? If so monetarily at a modest price?
I like his game for a second unit. For what Frank brings I’d rather plow ahead with him despite his offensive game. Question is at 20 will he further grow his game? How can he not???
Burke off the bench is also pretty good proposition. None of our guys are starter material yet, so I defer to potential and intangible which frank wins this tally.

Did you see his assists that’s a foundation that this team needs.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

11/17/2018  12:31 PM
Chandler wrote:Mudiay remains an enigma.

Mudiay is less than a JAG ( Just Another Guy), he's literally only a warm body.

I became friends with a guy I met during my Combine. We stayed in touch and I visited him a few times. His hometown has a ton of Navy guys coming back from deployment all the time. I saw three young guys, just happy to be on leave and probably around nearly zero women, literally trying to fondle up the ugliest woman I've ever seen. I still don't know where her neck was, because it was just chin melding into torso. Imagine a Pokemon character being hit with a flamethrower. Charizar! But when you are starving, everything tastes good. She was just a warm body. Another X instead of a Y chromosome. Or what we affectionately called "The Roast Beef Flaps Blue Plate Special" back in college ball.

Sometimes you just need a warm body.

The Knicks PG job is literally for the taking. It's not like anyone is stepping up to grab it. If Mudiay wanted it bad enough and worked hard enough, it would be his to own. His three point shot is still ****. His physical conditioning is still ****. His FT is still ****. All things you can work on and just improve with attrition.

He's a warm body here because the Knicks totally ****ed up their cap sheet and asset base and can't afford anyone else. He's more fallout of Phil Jackson just completely ****ting the bed on this team. Jackson left such a mess, Perry didn't have any options to do better than just a warm body.

Mudiay literally does nothing well. And he's inconsistent.

When you are starving, everything tastes good.

Knicks PG situation is pretty depressing right now. So people want to hope Mudiay can be something he's not.

Mudiay is not an enigma. He's just a loose pair of Roast Beef Flaps here. Just a warm body. Better than nothing. But not by much.

Fucking guy literally does nothing well. He's here because he won the genetic lottery. He's tall enough and athletic enough to stay on the fringes of the league bottom feeders.

The PG starting job is literally there for anyone to take. Has he taken it? Then you have your answer about him right there.

Vmart
USA
11/17/2018  12:40 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

I became friends with a guy I met during my Combine. We stayed in touch and I visited him a few times. His hometown has a ton of Navy guys coming back from deployment all the time. I saw three young guys, just happy to be on leave and probably around nearly zero women, literally trying to fondle up the ugliest woman I've ever seen. I still don't know where her neck was, because it was just chin melding into torso. Imagine a Pokemon character being hit with a flamethrower. Charizar! But when you are starving, everything tastes good. She was just a warm body. Another X instead of a Y chromosome. Or what we affectionately called "The Roast Beef Flaps Blue Plate Special" back in college ball.

The Knicks PG job is literally for the taking. It's not like anyone is stepping up to grab it. If Mudiay wanted it bad enough and worked hard enough, it would be his to own. His three point shot is still ****. His physical conditioning is still ****. His FT is still ****. All things you can work on and just improve with attrition.

He's a warm body here because the Knicks totally ****ed up their cap sheet and asset base and can't afford anyone else. He's more fallout of Phil Jackson just completely ****ting the bed on this team. Jackson left such a mess, Perry didn't have any options to do better than just a warm body.

Knicks PG situation is pretty depressing right now. So people want to hope Mudiay can be something he's not.

Mudiay is not an enigma. He's just a loose pair of Roast Beef Flaps here. Just a warm body. Better than nothing. But not by much.

Fucking guy literally does nothing well. He's here because he won the genetic lottery. He's tall enough and athletic enough to stay on the fringes of the league bottom feeders.

The PG starting job is literally there for anyone to take. Has he taken it? Then you have your answer about him right there.

I agree with you point of view. The bigger problem here is they want this guy over Frank because he isn’t a Perry pick up. Now is Frank doing well hell no. But I think there maybe more to this. I’m sure there is politicking going on.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/17/2018  2:30 PM
Vmart wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

I agree with you point of view. The bigger problem here is they want this guy over Frank because he isn’t a Perry pick up. Now is Frank doing well hell no. But I think there maybe more to this. I’m sure there is politicking going on.

I worry more about Dotson not getting the minutes because he wasn't a Perry pick. Until recently, Frank 's minutes and being in the starting line up seemed to be a given despite his play. I thought Dotson's play on both ends of the floor earned him a starting spot. Dotson is a 3 and d wing. The Knicks need that.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/17/2018  3:19 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

It really sucks but its true, our PG's are brutal
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
11/19/2018  10:25 AM
Is this 5 year number based on an empirical study or just anecdotally? It's something I've been curious about.

There are plenty of PGs that are able to produce big numbers from day 1. Only in recent years has there been a dive into "advanced analytics" - whether the players are contributing on the floor regardless of their primary stats.

CP3, Jason Kidd, even Dennis Smith Jr have produced solid numbers from day 1. Trey Burke (12.8ppg, 5.7apg, 3.0rpg) had a solid enough rookie year that you'd have projected more in year 2, 3, 4, 5...

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/19/2018  10:39 AM
If we could only merge Mudiay with Frank N, we'd have a pretty solid NBA starter.
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/19/2018  10:50 AM

I think this was a gross miscalculation by the FO concerning Mudiay, Vonleh, Burke and Hezonja. This is the epitome of heads they win; tails we lose.

Heads they win: If these players develop this year, what do we gain from that? It's not like we retain control on a team friendly contract. Instead, their improved plays just ups their contract expectations. DO not expect a home team discount (this caliber of player will rightfully want to make as much as they can on their next contract, because it might be their last; the best we can hope is that we have a matching offer and they choose us out of loyalty)

Tails we lose: Regardless of whether they develop, every minute they consume is at the expense of playing time for the youths we have on team friendly contracts and who we expect to remain with the team

I continue to think we would have been better served getting some cheaper vets (not as old as Jack) who can at least teach the youths how to get it done

I also think it's extreme hubris to profess that we'll succeed in development where Portland, Denver, Indiana, Utah failed -- those are quality programs

Having said all of that, because I am a fan I will continue to pull for them.

I want Mudiay to shoot with balance, attack the rim, and work on your FTs -- it's an embarrassment that you're at roughly 50%. For god's sake, Mitchell robinson is better at the stripe than you at the moment. Stop pretending to be Michael Jordan. Keep your shots simple

Vonleh, happy with him -- perhaps because of lower expectations. Needs to avoid dumb fouls, and stay positive

Burke, he needs to score. He can only contribute to this team if he outscores his opponents, he's not going to be a contributor on defense, and for that matter not much of a passer. There is still a role for his skill set though if he embraces it

Hezonja a lost soul. Always looking for the home run. I don't see him in the NBA next year (maybe not even the remainder of this one, when they sign Trier).

(5)(5)
Vmart
USA
11/19/2018  5:11 PM
Chandler wrote:
I think this was a gross miscalculation by the FO concerning Mudiay, Vonleh, Burke and Hezonja. This is the epitome of heads they win; tails we lose.

Heads they win: If these players develop this year, what do we gain from that? It's not like we retain control on a team friendly contract. Instead, their improved plays just ups their contract expectations. DO not expect a home team discount (this caliber of player will rightfully want to make as much as they can on their next contract, because it might be their last; the best we can hope is that we have a matching offer and they choose us out of loyalty)

Tails we lose: Regardless of whether they develop, every minute they consume is at the expense of playing time for the youths we have on team friendly contracts and who we expect to remain with the team

I continue to think we would have been better served getting some cheaper vets (not as old as Jack) who can at least teach the youths how to get it done

I also think it's extreme hubris to profess that we'll succeed in development where Portland, Denver, Indiana, Utah failed -- those are quality programs

I want Mudiay to shoot with balance, attack the rim, and work on your FTs -- it's an embarrassment that you're at roughly 50%. For god's sake, Mitchell robinson is better at the stripe than you at the moment. Stop pretending to be Michael Jordan. Keep your shots simple

Vonleh, happy with him -- perhaps because of lower expectations. Needs to avoid dumb fouls, and stay positive

Burke, he needs to score. He can only contribute to this team if he outscores his opponents, he's not going to be a contributor on defense, and for that matter not much of a passer. There is still a role for his skill set though if he embraces it

Hezonja a lost soul. Always looking for the home run. I don't see him in the NBA next year (maybe not even the remainder of this one, when they sign Trier).

Agree with you. Some will say they have nothing to lose. But they have everything thing to lose. The Knicks have always been a poor development organization. I can’t get over how the are screwing Frank over. I told you guys a stupid move like playing Mudiay who is atrocious over him will result in possibly losing Frank and it’s happening right before our eyes. For some reason they have taken his agreesivness away on offense by avoiding the pass to him. Frank knows this and he doesn’t even look at the basket anymore he just swings the ball to another player even when he should launch the shot. Man Fizz is dropping the ball here he is treating him as a Phil pick. How long before he does that to KP.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/19/2018  6:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/19/2018  6:10 PM
Vmart wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Agree with you. Some will say they have nothing to lose. But they have everything thing to lose. The Knicks have always been a poor development organization. I can’t get over how the are screwing Frank over. I told you guys a stupid move like playing Mudiay who is atrocious over him will result in possibly losing Frank and it’s happening right before our eyes. For some reason they have taken his agreesivness away on offense by avoiding the pass to him. Frank knows this and he doesn’t even look at the basket anymore he just swings the ball to another player even when he should launch the shot. Man Fizz is dropping the ball here he is treating him as a Phil pick. How long before he does that to KP.

How the Knicks take away something he never had One of the biggest knocks on Frank was his passive play on offense. Frank got benched and now he is losing the confidence he barely had? He needs to put his big boy drawers on and man up! Burke got benched and now he is balling out! Everyone calls Mudiay garbage and yet he is outplaying Frank! If he wants it, he needs to take it!

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/19/2018  7:18 PM
Vmart wrote:
Chandler wrote:

I think so too. Playing Mudiay is beyond stupid. Frank needs to start and needs to be given carte blanche. If he is always second guessing what his role is - switching from SF to SG to PG, he will never succeed. He has confidence issues and Fiz is doing the worst thing he can do to him right now. And to think it's being done in favor of complete trash like Mudiay makes you think Fiz is fukking clueess. The same guy also justifies starting Spice over Boobies. You have to question his ability to make rotation decisions.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/19/2018  8:10 PM
Vmart wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Fiz is the reason Frank isn't aggressive on offense now? Fiz is going to be blamed if Frank doesn't pan out as a draft pick? This doesn't make sense to me. Frank has not been aggressive on offense since he became a knick. He was in the starting line up for the first 14 games despite his lack of aggressiveness and his offense did not improve. Frank is a passive player on the offensive side of the ball. Not sure how that is on Fiz. I do agree though that Frank is going to lose minutes to Mudiay but that is on Frank. Earlier in the season you thought Frank's offensive struggles were because he was fatigued.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy