[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/5/2018  11:58 AM
Marv wrote:frank is urkel right now. he’s not ready for 2nd base.

i don’t think he’s feelin’ fiz either.

Frank has a team concept. Fizz wants him to be selfish player.

AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/5/2018  12:19 PM
Vmart wrote:

i’m not sure that’s right. you can be a team player who realizes you also have obligations to more aggressively set others up to score and more aggressively seek and convert your own opportunies to score. Imo these are fiz’s needs for frank and they won’t necessarily make him a selfish player.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/5/2018  1:15 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Nalod wrote:My take is that Mudiay should start over frank and agree with "Knicks school" point of view.
Does that mean Frank is done in NY? It shouldn't.
Is benching the answer? My opinion or observation could be Fiz pulls these guys out and tells them what they need to be doing and that they will get another chance. Remind him he is only 20. I think Frank might have been pressing and the pressure to perform at this level is not easy. Sure he is a pro player but the ego when bruised is not easily healed. Agents are there to manage them a bit, maybe his family too but its a lot. So by pulling him and defining a few things perhaps when he gets another chance his head is in a better place. We don't see things in practice and they don't get a lot of time in either.
On TV all I see are the symptoms of what's wrong: Missed shots and perhaps frustration. I don't care much about media portrayal but naturally rumors need to be addressed from time to time.
Trade frank? Perhaps if the offseason nets us a ready to go rookie and Durant then the time line might get moved up.

I honestly think that trading away Frank would be the wrong thing to do. Let's face it, this team is going to be built around KP. We need players to compliment him. Frank fits that mold. We need a PG that understands how to setup the offense for our superstar. Mudiay is better at pushing the ball for a faster pace but his halfcourt game is not on par with Frank. We currently have the players that can compliment KP. Vonleh and Mitch. Knox and Boobies. THJr. We are going to need Frank to distribute and manage the team. It's not a sexy job but I think he is just better at this than Mudiay or Burke.

You mean you want the team to play at franks speed, instead of frank playing at the teams speed...yeah right!!

He was bench because he hasn't been able to play any position well.

Frank has a multitude of issues, shooting, passing, penetrating, even his defense isn't all that at times. His biggest problem is that he doesn't play at an NBA pace and that's not something a few DNP CD is going to cure.

If Everyone on the team is currently playing better then him, what is he suppose to do, bench them for frank..

Burke is injured and Fiz has no intentions of playing him at point, that should give you a very good indication on how they feel about him playing that position

I try not to reply to you about Frank because of your obvious disdain about the man or the man's game. It doesn't matter what anybody says you will find a negative about it....but...I will do it anyways..

You mean you want the team to play at franks speed, instead of frank playing at the teams speed...yeah right!!

I didn't say that. I said that KP's game is more of a halfcourt set. KP is not an up and down player. KP needs a more controlled game that Frank has shown to be more than capable of playing. I am talking about what fits our superstar.

He was benched because he was struggling with his offense. I can't argue with Fiz on that since he has been golden with his depth chart management.

Frank has a multitude of issues, shooting, passing, penetrating, even his defense isn't all that at times. His biggest problem is that he doesn't play at an NBA pace and that's not something a few DNP CD is going to cure.

Frank has a lot of issues, I agree, like the other players in this roster. They are all young and this is what developing players looks like. His shooting has been on a down trend. His mechanics are good and this is fixable. His passing is excellent...not sure what you are talking about here. Penetrating is on and off. You can see that he has the ability but his mentality is very passive. This also is fixable. His defense? Really? So you think that he has to shutdown everybody 100% of the time. This is why I can't take you seriously on your take on Frank. I agree that he doesn't play todays NBA pace but saying that this can't be fixed is just downright near sighted and agenda based.

If Everyone on the team is currently playing better then him, what is he suppose to do, bench them for frank..

Never said anything like that. Frank should earn his time. My post clearly indicates that they should not give up on Frank because he is the perfect compliment to our superstar IMHO.

Burke is injured and Fiz has no intentions of playing him at point, that should give you a very good indication on how they feel about him playing that position

Not sure why Fiz didn't play Frank when Burke got injured. My thinking is that Fiz has this plan of benching his players that is struggling no matter what happens in game. I like to think that Fiz is a little more open minded than us.

He didn't play him because he's not pushing the rock, in the last game he played before the DNP's, I saw Fiz begging him, stomping his feet and waiving his hand yelling for frank to push the ball, push the ball(even breen said something)frank looked at him and immediately gave up the ball soon as he got to half court.

Did you know knicks are getting out scored by 8.7 points when frank is on the floor, that's a few buckets away from being blown out..

You can't play half court if your guards don't penetrate, you think KP is going to be running around screens like reggie miller or starks trying to get open.

we have to play fast in order to have a chance to win..

ES
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

12/5/2018  1:24 PM
Marv wrote:
Vmart wrote:

i’m not sure that’s right. you can be a team player who realizes you also have obligations to more aggressively set others up to score and more aggressively seek and convert your own opportunies to score. Imo these are fiz’s needs for frank and they won’t necessarily make him a selfish player.

I think you're both right to a degree.

Without doubt Frank needs to connect at a better % and be more assertive with the ball. That will contribute to team ball by demanding the respect of the opponent and free things up for team members

Having said that, I'm also left with the impression that Fizz set no concrete goals of plays for him to do so. Instead it was simply chuck it more, which is so foreign to Frank's approach that he regressed, losing any semblance of what works for him and what doesn't

I have yet to see a designed play to exploit the size mismatches he has (this is not unique to Fizz, Hornacek likewise ignored that). The guy is 6'6" with squid arms for crying out loud

Last year and some of this year, he at least got some kickouts and could shoot with balance etc. This year it's only Kanter in the post and when the ball touches his hands it's not touching anyone else's after (not that I'm arguing for him to stand around waiting for kickouts)

(5)(5)
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/5/2018  2:22 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Nalod wrote:My take is that Mudiay should start over frank and agree with "Knicks school" point of view.
Does that mean Frank is done in NY? It shouldn't.
Is benching the answer? My opinion or observation could be Fiz pulls these guys out and tells them what they need to be doing and that they will get another chance. Remind him he is only 20. I think Frank might have been pressing and the pressure to perform at this level is not easy. Sure he is a pro player but the ego when bruised is not easily healed. Agents are there to manage them a bit, maybe his family too but its a lot. So by pulling him and defining a few things perhaps when he gets another chance his head is in a better place. We don't see things in practice and they don't get a lot of time in either.
On TV all I see are the symptoms of what's wrong: Missed shots and perhaps frustration. I don't care much about media portrayal but naturally rumors need to be addressed from time to time.
Trade frank? Perhaps if the offseason nets us a ready to go rookie and Durant then the time line might get moved up.

I honestly think that trading away Frank would be the wrong thing to do. Let's face it, this team is going to be built around KP. We need players to compliment him. Frank fits that mold. We need a PG that understands how to setup the offense for our superstar. Mudiay is better at pushing the ball for a faster pace but his halfcourt game is not on par with Frank. We currently have the players that can compliment KP. Vonleh and Mitch. Knox and Boobies. THJr. We are going to need Frank to distribute and manage the team. It's not a sexy job but I think he is just better at this than Mudiay or Burke.

I try not to reply to you about Frank because of your obvious disdain about the man or the man's game. It doesn't matter what anybody says you will find a negative about it....but...I will do it anyways..

I didn't say that. I said that KP's game is more of a halfcourt set. KP is not an up and down player. KP needs a more controlled game that Frank has shown to be more than capable of playing. I am talking about what fits our superstar.

He was benched because he was struggling with his offense. I can't argue with Fiz on that since he has been golden with his depth chart management.

Frank has a lot of issues, I agree, like the other players in this roster. They are all young and this is what developing players looks like. His shooting has been on a down trend. His mechanics are good and this is fixable. His passing is excellent...not sure what you are talking about here. Penetrating is on and off. You can see that he has the ability but his mentality is very passive. This also is fixable. His defense? Really? So you think that he has to shutdown everybody 100% of the time. This is why I can't take you seriously on your take on Frank. I agree that he doesn't play todays NBA pace but saying that this can't be fixed is just downright near sighted and agenda based.

Never said anything like that. Frank should earn his time. My post clearly indicates that they should not give up on Frank because he is the perfect compliment to our superstar IMHO.

Not sure why Fiz didn't play Frank when Burke got injured. My thinking is that Fiz has this plan of benching his players that is struggling no matter what happens in game. I like to think that Fiz is a little more open minded than us.

He didn't play him because he's not pushing the rock, in the last game he played before the DNP's, I saw Fiz begging him, stomping his feet and waiving his hand yelling for frank to push the ball, push the ball(even breen said something)frank looked at him and immediately gave up the ball soon as he got to half court.

Did you know knicks are getting out scored by 8.7 points when frank is on the floor, that's a few buckets away from being blown out..

You can't play half court if your guards don't penetrate, you think KP is going to be running around screens like reggie miller or starks trying to get open.

we have to play fast in order to have a chance to win..

What the heck are you talking about? Again...my post is about not giving up on Frank and that he is the perfect compliment to KP. You think KP is running around screens like Reggie and Starks? KP is perfect in mid post and on PnR. Both things that Frank excels at. Not everybody can be like the Showtime Lakers or the SSOL Suns. Ever see the Celtics of the 80s? Those guys ran but only selectively. Our best player is not Amare or James Worthy. You want your best player involved in the majority of your plays. That means running when you can and setting him up to maximize his strengths. JVG and Pat Riley used to defend Charlie Ward and Childs as our PG. You need a PG that can make an entry pass to the post. It is a lost art. Not many PGs can do it. Sad to say.

I have no problem with Frank getting benched. He needs to learn. I think this is a good wake up call for the young man.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy