[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Woj: Melo & Rockets discussing role and future (11/15 update: Melo out)
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/15/2018  12:41 PM
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:So Morey claims Melo did everything they asked of him and it confirms he is a cancer? Agree that he is nowhere near the player he was but think the Rockets have a lot of problems.

Watching Melo in OKC, it was clear he is at the end of his career. And that he cannot play a supporting role. He is/has always been a volume shooter that needs the ball in his hands......

But lets not get it twisted, yes the Rockets are not playing well but Melo has showed he cannot be a supporting role.

That's all a bunch of bull****.

What is Morey going to say when a mic is shoved in his face?

Melo is/was offensively complete. It's a testament to his offensive prowess and raw skill set. It is rare to see a player walk into the league with that kind of complete skill set.

If Melo simply chose to do it and work at it relentlessly, he could be an elite long range three point shooter at plus range. He's always been that talented as a gunner from a skill standpoint. Melo is suited for catch and shoot situations. Three point shooting is a skill that can age very well. Wade is shooting threes right now at a rate no one has ever seen before.

All Melo had to do was get in the best shape of his life, sit behind the arc offensively to space the floor, keep the ball moving and work as a 4th option bail out shooter.

He chooses NOT to play a supporting role.

Paul and Harden also draw coverage off of him. He has been getting clean looks, he's just missing them. His legs are shot, but maybe that's also a part of just not being in elite physical condition.

You and jrodmc cannot have it both ways. You can't spend YEARS talking about Melo's offensive gifts without now accepting that means he could fill any offensive role with effort and hard work and sacrifice, he simply chooses not to do it.

CAN NOT is the not the same as WILL NOT.

Again you and jrodmc pump up the same narrative - If you can't blame Melo for EVERYTHING, then you can't hold him accountable for ANYTHING. You see this kind of strategy used all the time in real life. By children. Usually when they are caught doing something dumb. It's interesting, as Melo shows less and less, the excuses you and jrodmc come up with become more and more desperate.

Melo WILL NOT play a supporting role. Guy owns all these gyms and can't pick up a ****ing kettlebell in the offseason?

Melo won't even raise his arms/hands to close out a shooter on the defensive end. I mean how ****ing lazy do you have to be to not even get your hands in the air?

Is this what is has come down to in the end? Rationalizing Melo like a 9 year old child would after getting caught stealing a candy bar at the grocery store?

Ummm, dude, you got too much strawberry douche up your nose again from that fat money-grubbing beeyatch with the fake tits? I haven't posted in this meloshouldgo clusterdump HateMelorgasm until now.

I've pointed out with statistics in the past when Melo was called non-clutch by the blind and mentally maladjusted, who would rather jerk off over a bloated hemorrhoid like Paul Pierce than admit their personal pariah ranks in the top 10 all time for clutch shooting.

I've continually shown that LinLove is some sort of sad manifestation of little man issues that approximates ED over a flash in the pan. Especially by those who post other brilliance like "Well at least Marbury was a real New Yorker..."

I've pointed out to the same dumbazz blind humps that the cancer who hardly ever seldomly NEVER shares the ball led the team in assists FOR AN ENTIRE SEASON, and his teammates write glowing praise of him and his malignancies AFTER HE'S GONE. And to your obvious response to EVERYTHING "well what are they going to say?" What skin is KP getting for saying he liked playing with an iso-ball-hog-dinosaur-no-D-cancer? What misogynistic analogy are you going to share with us that gives irrefutable, first hand evidence that Lance Thomas was getting CAA money to post some teary-eyed farewell piece to Melodrama, once the cancer was gone?

I've posted, ad nauseum, the difference in our record and results pre-Melo and for the first 3 years Melo was here. Which, of course, you're going to attribute to the brilliant play of league luminaries like Tyson Chandler, JR Smith, and the ghost of JKidd. Or maybe like an overly vocal few of the other mental giants on the board, you'll mention Camby, who never really played.

I watch or listen to the games, review the clips. Melo's effort on the defensive end sucks compared to what it could have been. Always has. Is he Bargs jr? I don't think so. A few blips on the radar where he's diving into chairs and getting some slap away dunks has never had me justifying anything. That said, he's still been nowhere near the bottom on the NBA's Hustle stats. Maybe that doesn't do anything but make him a sloppy, overpaid 2 dollar ho in your esteemed eyes, but it sure doesn't make him Harden on defense.

So, if he's NEVER raising his hands on defense, what the hell are these NBA statisticians looking at? The dancing hos at halftime, while CAA and the rest of Nike fill in fake numbers for them to keep up the sneaker and jersey money that props up big oil and keeps the polar bears from finding any ice floes?

He's old. He's worn down and had one too many knee and shoulder surgeries. And he wears stupid hats. And he refuses to become a taller, fatter version of Vince Carter.

Now go away.

Einstein, who pissed on your honey nut cheerios?

Don't forget to smile, Einstein.

Yet another erudite response.
I forgot to mention the cheerios; excellent point.

Say hi to Mardy Collins next time he's doing you doggie, genius.

You post about your accomplishments which happened in whatever fantasy you and Melo occupy together and the response requires erudition? Because you are legend in your own mind? You haven't shown jack ****. And your pathetic attempts at both sarcasm and basketball analysis only contribute to your own frustration.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/15/2018  12:52 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:So Morey claims Melo did everything they asked of him and it confirms he is a cancer? Agree that he is nowhere near the player he was but think the Rockets have a lot of problems.

Watching Melo in OKC, it was clear he is at the end of his career. And that he cannot play a supporting role. He is/has always been a volume shooter that needs the ball in his hands......

But lets not get it twisted, yes the Rockets are not playing well but Melo has showed he cannot be a supporting role.

Melo is/was offensively complete. It's a testament to his offensive prowess and raw skill set. It is rare to see a player walk into the league with that kind of complete skill set.

If Melo simply chose to do it and work at it relentlessly, he could be an elite long range three point shooter at plus range. He's always been that talented as a gunner from a skill standpoint. Melo is suited for catch and shoot situations. Three point shooting is a skill that can age very well. Wade is shooting threes right now at a rate no one has ever seen before.

All Melo had to do was get in the best shape of his life, sit behind the arc offensively to space the floor, keep the ball moving and work as a 4th option bail out shooter.

Paul and Harden also draw coverage off of him. He has been getting clean looks, he's just missing them. His legs are shot, but maybe that's also a part of just not being in elite physical condition.

You and jrodmc cannot have it both ways. You can't spend YEARS talking about Melo's offensive gifts without now accepting that means he could fill any offensive role with effort and hard work and sacrifice, he simply chooses not to do it.

Again you and jrodmc pump up the same narrative - If you can't blame Melo for EVERYTHING, then you can't hold him accountable for ANYTHING. You see this kind of strategy used all the time in real life. By children. Usually when they are caught doing something dumb. It's interesting, as Melo shows less and less, the excuses you and jrodmc come up with become more and more desperate.

Melo WILL NOT play a supporting role. Guy owns all these gyms and can't pick up a ****ing kettlebell in the offseason?

Melo won't even raise his arms/hands to close out a shooter on the defensive end. I mean how ****ing lazy do you have to be to not even get your hands in the air?

Is this what is has come down to in the end? Rationalizing Melo like a 9 year old child would after getting caught stealing a candy bar at the grocery store?

Ummm, dude, you got too much strawberry douche up your nose again from that fat money-grubbing beeyatch with the fake tits? I haven't posted in this meloshouldgo clusterdump HateMelorgasm until now.

I've pointed out with statistics in the past when Melo was called non-clutch by the blind and mentally maladjusted, who would rather jerk off over a bloated hemorrhoid like Paul Pierce than admit their personal pariah ranks in the top 10 all time for clutch shooting.

I've continually shown that LinLove is some sort of sad manifestation of little man issues that approximates ED over a flash in the pan. Especially by those who post other brilliance like "Well at least Marbury was a real New Yorker..."

I've pointed out to the same dumbazz blind humps that the cancer who hardly ever seldomly NEVER shares the ball led the team in assists FOR AN ENTIRE SEASON, and his teammates write glowing praise of him and his malignancies AFTER HE'S GONE. And to your obvious response to EVERYTHING "well what are they going to say?" What skin is KP getting for saying he liked playing with an iso-ball-hog-dinosaur-no-D-cancer? What misogynistic analogy are you going to share with us that gives irrefutable, first hand evidence that Lance Thomas was getting CAA money to post some teary-eyed farewell piece to Melodrama, once the cancer was gone?

I've posted, ad nauseum, the difference in our record and results pre-Melo and for the first 3 years Melo was here. Which, of course, you're going to attribute to the brilliant play of league luminaries like Tyson Chandler, JR Smith, and the ghost of JKidd. Or maybe like an overly vocal few of the other mental giants on the board, you'll mention Camby, who never really played.

I watch or listen to the games, review the clips. Melo's effort on the defensive end sucks compared to what it could have been. Always has. Is he Bargs jr? I don't think so. A few blips on the radar where he's diving into chairs and getting some slap away dunks has never had me justifying anything. That said, he's still been nowhere near the bottom on the NBA's Hustle stats. Maybe that doesn't do anything but make him a sloppy, overpaid 2 dollar ho in your esteemed eyes, but it sure doesn't make him Harden on defense.

So, if he's NEVER raising his hands on defense, what the hell are these NBA statisticians looking at? The dancing hos at halftime, while CAA and the rest of Nike fill in fake numbers for them to keep up the sneaker and jersey money that props up big oil and keeps the polar bears from finding any ice floes?

He's old. He's worn down and had one too many knee and shoulder surgeries. And he wears stupid hats. And he refuses to become a taller, fatter version of Vince Carter.

Now go away.

You post about your accomplishments which happened in whatever fantasy you and Melo occupy together and the response requires erudition? Because you are legend in your own mind? You haven't shown jack ****. And your pathetic attempts at both sarcasm and basketball analysis only contribute to your own frustration.

Stick to posting pictures, genius. You're slightly more entertaining that way.

Saying jack**** about jack**** doesn't really amount to much, does it? Or does that thought process still elude you?
I cite actual stats and things that actually happened. You make fart noises.

Congrats!

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

11/15/2018  1:58 PM
jrodmc wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:My final thoughts on Melo:

Carmelo Anthony is one of the most overrated 'star' players of this generation. The guy was a one-dimensional, iso-heavy player who did not make anyone around him better. He didn't pass, he didn't play defense and he took terrible contested shots. His "clutchness' was severely overrated, as he barely did anything in his time here in NY during late game situations. His overall sour attitude that he brought everywhere with him destroyed the chemistry of franchises and got coaches fired and players traded. The guy is the modern day Stephon Marbury at SF.

I don't feel sorry for Melo at all. Because through it all he has been a huge egomaniac - laughing at the notion of coming off the bench this year and last year - and refusing to fit into a team instead of having the team fit into him. His career is ending the same way Glenn Robinson's (who he most resembles as a player) did - with a whimper. He deserves nothing more. And his supporters deserve to wallow in the misery that is his entire failure of a career.

This is why I can't take members on this site serious.

Blame Melo for everything wrong with the Knicks since 1974 if you like but to say that man "the most overrated "star" player in this generation" is 100% false. Melo was a beast in Denver and his first couple of years in a Knick uniform.

You can have your opinion. I have mine.

Nowhere did I blame Melo for "everything wrong" with the Knicks. All I said was he was severely overrated. His ego and his style of play did not allow him to succeed in regards to team success. He forced a trade here. We traded a ton of assets to get him. And then he ended up Marbury 2.0. I don't think a LeBron or a Wade have the same career with NYK that Melo had. I think those guys would have been much better for the Knicks than Melo. But that's the way the cookie crumbles.

See, this is where the hate is absolutely insipid.

He forced a trade here. What a dickhead. Imagine, actually wanting to come here. A great problem this franchise has had for so long. Genuine HOF players FORCING THEIR WAY HERE. A ton of assets. Two of those assets ended up being in the top ten list for worst contracts in the NBA. What else makes up the "ton"? Wilson Chandler? Ray Felton? Please stop.

Marbury 2.0? Marbury got us into the playoffs on his back with laughable help three years running, immediately following season after season of pure, stale, back page drama? Oh yeah, I missed those years where Melo got in the truck. Tell me another story about Lin's fabulous two weeks. Or JKidd's ability to air ball layups at the end of his career.

Glenn Robinson? WTF? Yes, Melo is exactly like Glenn Robinson, who's career trajectory compares nicely to people like Robert Reid and Johnny Newman. But of course your opinion is based on something other than Melo actually tracking to people like Rasheed Wallace, AC Green, Alex English, right? Oh wait, those are league flotsam, right?

His clutchness as a Knick of course is overrated. He never did anything here. He had four seasons here where he shot just shy of .44% from the field to tie or win in the last 30 seconds of games.

Enjoy your opinion. Enjoy being wrong.

[meloshouldgo, insert Honey Nut cheerios meme here]

How many excuses are you gonna make for this dude? Lmao.

Good to see there are still some Melo stans around holding on for dear life.

You literally blamed everyone but Melo in your nonsensical rant.

Most people get angry and yell at the clouds when they’ve been proven wrong. Melo’s career with the Knicks speaks for itself. He was a failure here, and he was part of the reason for that. End of communication.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/15/2018  3:29 PM
The Isle is wide on Melo. HOF Dominique Wilkens/Adrian Dantly/Glen Robinson sr/ type HOF careers. Big points and better branding in a different era. did everything but win a chip. Team was not that talented and he was not Lebron.
The trade was not black and white as it was a continuation of one bad era into another. Pre Isiah had expiring's and cap space but no star power. Isiah reign of terror fixed that. Slow burn into the Walsh era of Jimmy "don't tell me who to hire" so in his wisdom doubled down on Amare/Melo as the cornerstones. No support, few picks and JR Smith dependency.
We know how we got here post Phil/Melo and fans still pointing fingers.

I don't feel bad for Melo. I don't feel good about his history here. I feel nothing. It was as it was and speaks for itself.
CAA, no PED's, Triples "if melo was a chick, he'd be:.......and Nike all gone now. Melo got his headband, his son and multigenerational wealth beyond comprehension. Maybe he can join GSW and be Drays testicular speed bag.
He'll get Boeheim to do his HOF intro and his son will be a full teen by then. La La's ass will have fallen by then and We'll argue if we retire his number, bring allan Houston into the discussion, get pissed off about Antonio McDyess, and Jrod will craft a magnificent defense about others hating.
I love the UK!

meloshouldgo

11/15/2018  4:44 PM
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Now go away.

Stick to posting pictures, genius. You're slightly more entertaining that way.

Saying jack**** about jack**** doesn't really amount to much, does it? Or does that thought process still elude you?
I cite actual stats and things that actually happened. You make fart noises.

Congrats!

Yes, pictures are what I post for the reading challenged. So i can see the appeal.
If you cited actual stats, I must have missed it. All I have ever read from you is how many all star appearances Melo had and a lot of crap about being the scoring champion. So please cite your stats again. I would love to see what makes Melo an all time great.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/15/2018  5:17 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo

11/15/2018  6:04 PM
martin wrote:

Any team that still trades for or signs him should be banned from the NBA. You can't fix stupid, but in a professional sports league you sure as hell can disenfranchise it.

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/15/2018  6:08 PM
Well he did put up monster stats for us in that 54 win season. Even more so in the Indiana series, but being a one way, me first, entitled player he did all that he could have done for us and more as an alpha in his prime. Was not good enough for anything really worthwhile. He will be remembered as a scoring champ on a team with few turnovers because the ball was only passed to him
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/15/2018  9:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2018  9:05 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
martin wrote:

Any team that still trades for or signs LIN should be banned from the NBA. You can't fix stupid, but in a professional sports league you sure as hell can disenfranchise it.

Fixed.
As long as teams are still signing bumbling talentless 15 minute flame boys, there is always a chance for a true HOF.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/15/2018  9:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2018  9:22 PM
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Now go away.

This is completely inappropriate and inaccurate. Inaccurate because Meloahouldgo aka. Linshouldcum aka Eraserboy has absolutely no interest in Mardi Collins over his true love. Second its inappropriate to use words to communicate with such low IQ individuals. Try pics or videos.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/15/2018  9:29 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Carmelo Anthony is one of the most overrated 'star' players of this generation. The guy was a one-dimensional, iso-heavy player who did not make anyone around him better. He didn't pass, he didn't play defense and he took terrible contested shots. His "clutchness' was severely overrated, as he barely did anything in his time here in NY during late game situations. His overall sour attitude that he brought everywhere with him destroyed the chemistry of franchises and got coaches fired and players traded. The guy is the modern day Stephon Marbury at SF.

I don't feel sorry for Melo at all. Because through it all he has been a huge egomaniac - laughing at the notion of coming off the bench this year and last year - and refusing to fit into a team instead of having the team fit into him. His career is ending the same way Glenn Robinson's (who he most resembles as a player) did - with a whimper. He deserves nothing more. And his supporters deserve to wallow in the misery that is his entire failure of a career.

Blame Melo for everything wrong with the Knicks since 1974 if you like but to say that man "the most overrated "star" player in this generation" is 100% false. Melo was a beast in Denver and his first couple of years in a Knick uniform.

Nowhere did I blame Melo for "everything wrong" with the Knicks. All I said was he was severely overrated. His ego and his style of play did not allow him to succeed in regards to team success. He forced a trade here. We traded a ton of assets to get him. And then he ended up Marbury 2.0. I don't think a LeBron or a Wade have the same career with NYK that Melo had. I think those guys would have been much better for the Knicks than Melo. But that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Of course you can have your opinion and believe me, I'm not trying to change it. I stopped "debating" about Melo, the trade and J.Lin a long time ago. It's a waste of time

Just know that you, and people of the same mindset, when it comes to Carmelo Anthony in his prime, are not being completely honest with yourself.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/16/2018  7:50 AM
martin wrote:

They frickin Noah'ed him

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/16/2018  8:08 AM
stunning really when you think about it. There is a bigger story here but can only guess. CP3 is a close friend and while there are stats to weigh in the season is young and Melo and the rockets could have adapted to fuse his talent in. If there is talent. But is there more to this. To jettison a guy that can still play even if a smaller role there is something not apparent. He not in shape? He really cooked? Is he so far off the expectation he was to be benched? Was he defiant? Personality with ? HE was given a very respective departure out of respect but bottom line was this guy was freakin cut. Ouch.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/16/2018  8:23 AM
Nalod wrote:stunning really when you think about it. There is a bigger story here but can only guess. CP3 is a close friend and while there are stats to weigh in the season is young and Melo and the rockets could have adapted to fuse his talent in. If there is talent. But is there more to this. To jettison a guy that can still play even if a smaller role there is something not apparent. He not in shape? He really cooked? Is he so far off the expectation he was to be benched? Was he defiant? Personality with ? HE was given a very respective departure out of respect but bottom line was this guy was freakin cut. Ouch.
Yeah its both surprising and not surprising. On a personal level ive always liked melo. My issues with him were just as a player. Obviously in his prime he was one of the better scorers but thats was his only real strength. As he got older and that strength started declining he didnt bring much else to the table. Ive always said Melo even in his prime was the perfect complimentary player who could provide the scoring
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/16/2018  8:39 AM
JamesKPolk wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

He forced a trade here. What a dickhead. Imagine, actually wanting to come here. A great problem this franchise has had for so long. Genuine HOF players FORCING THEIR WAY HERE. A ton of assets. Two of those assets ended up being in the top ten list for worst contracts in the NBA. What else makes up the "ton"? Wilson Chandler? Ray Felton? Please stop.

Marbury 2.0? Marbury got us into the playoffs on his back with laughable help three years running, immediately following season after season of pure, stale, back page drama? Oh yeah, I missed those years where Melo got in the truck. Tell me another story about Lin's fabulous two weeks. Or JKidd's ability to air ball layups at the end of his career.

Glenn Robinson? WTF? Yes, Melo is exactly like Glenn Robinson, who's career trajectory compares nicely to people like Robert Reid and Johnny Newman. But of course your opinion is based on something other than Melo actually tracking to people like Rasheed Wallace, AC Green, Alex English, right? Oh wait, those are league flotsam, right?

His clutchness as a Knick of course is overrated. He never did anything here. He had four seasons here where he shot just shy of .44% from the field to tie or win in the last 30 seconds of games.

Most people get angry and yell at the clouds when they’ve been proven wrong. Melo’s career with the Knicks speaks for itself. He was a failure here, and he was part of the reason for that. End of communication.

Name me the player that has had success here since Ewing.

ES
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/16/2018  9:45 AM
JamesKPolk wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Can’t say he was a failure here when he led the most successful Knicks era in the 2000s. The expectations were high and he didn’t live up but he was far from a failure. And looking back we gave up very little to acquire him. No stars or high picks. Just a large mediocre package. Still one of the most polarizing deals in league history because 7 years later it’s still mixed if we won or lost. The answer is likely in between or neither.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/16/2018  9:52 AM
Couple of thoughts on carmelo.

Yes, all the negatives people bring up about his game and his demeanor on the court are valid, particularly over the last several years.

What's ignored or brushed aside by many was his frequent brilliance on the court as a knick over the years. A few highlights that stand out for me:

His first years here, carrying a decimated team to the playoffs (dolan's fault imo). Up against the #1 seed boston, dropping 42-16-7 in a game down to the wire. U know who were the other starters in that game - toney douglas, ronny turiaf, amare (4 points in 18 minutes, he had already destroyed his back in the pre-game dunkline), and landry fields. The bench - jared jeffries, shawne williams, roger mason, anthony carter and bill walker (33 minutes, 2 points on 0-11 shooting).
Carmelo averaged 26-10-5 for that series.

Also the entire 2012-13 season. (yes the great woodson/iso-melo/old man bench/kidd-the-savior season). Carmelo was 3rd in mvp voting that season, behind only lebron anad durant. Only player to earn a #1 vote besides lebron. So easy to write off his play and impact on the team that year but in my view he was amazing.

Now true it really is time for him to go. tmac is right. Preserve your celebrity, your bearing. Take it forward and pursue your business interests, your involvement in social issues. You're old for basketball but not for life.

Best to melo.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/16/2018  10:04 AM
Marv wrote:Couple of thoughts on carmelo.

Yes, all the negatives people bring up about his game and his demeanor on the court are valid, particularly over the last several years.

What's ignored or brushed aside by many was his frequent brilliance on the court as a knick over the years. A few highlights that stand out for me:

His first years here, carrying a decimated team to the playoffs (dolan's fault imo). Up against the #1 seed boston, dropping 42-16-7 in a game down to the wire. U know who were the other starters in that game - toney douglas, ronny turiaf, amare (4 points in 18 minutes, he had already destroyed his back in the pre-game dunkline), and landry fields. The bench - jared jeffries, shawne williams, roger mason, anthony carter and bill walker (33 minutes, 2 points on 0-11 shooting).
Carmelo averaged 26-10-5 for that series.

Also the entire 2012-13 season. (yes the great woodson/iso-melo/old man bench/kidd-the-savior season). Carmelo was 3rd in mvp voting that season, behind only lebron anad durant. Only player to earn a #1 vote besides lebron. So easy to write off his play and impact on the team that year but in my view he was amazing.

Now true it really is time for him to go. tmac is right. Preserve your celebrity, your bearing. Take it forward and pursue your business interests, your involvement in social issues. You're old for basketball but not for life.

Best to melo.

I'm with you - great player but had flaws. That's why we could get him to begin with.

Great detail posted here. I tend to look at it more macro level. Melo was the best player we've had since Ewing. He is a HOFer and likely a first ballot one. He's the most decorated Olympian there is and some of that came while he was on the Knicks.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/16/2018  10:05 AM
More important to me than Melo's legacy or whatever (don't really care)...

Maybe we could trade Mario to Houston? I'm ready to cut bait from Mario and I think he would be a significant upgrade from Melo... he would likely give them similar numbers with higher efficiency

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/16/2018  10:07 AM
Knixkik wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Can’t say he was a failure here when he led the most successful Knicks era in the 2000s. The expectations were high and he didn’t live up but he was far from a failure. And looking back we gave up very little to acquire him. No stars or high picks. Just a large mediocre package. Still one of the most polarizing deals in league history because 7 years later it’s still mixed if we won or lost. The answer is likely in between or neither.

It was not a failure of Melo and MSG.
Both made insane money which was the main and only objective.
It was a failure for Knicks fans (not Melo fans) and the City.
We were deprived from real honest basketball and any chances to be emotionally attached to greatness.
Surrogates of watching one dude making meaningless array of buckets does not count.
As far as him struggling to make anything good happen after end on his NY stint it is all on him.
He never was smart enough and never get any honest advice to retire when it was the best time.
This was all unnecessary and damaging. Time to go...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Woj: Melo & Rockets discussing role and future (11/15 update: Melo out)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy