[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Woj: Melo & Rockets discussing role and future (11/15 update: Melo out)
Author Thread
stanleybostitch
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1071

11/12/2018  8:49 AM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:It sounds more like he’s going to be traded than waived

It's utterly incredible to me that a GM, about 10 games into a season, has to do a press thing like the below.

This should clarify that 90%+ of the drama surrounding the Knicks was Melo-induced. Such a prima dona, so fortunate to be rid of his cancer.

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/12/2018  9:12 AM
stanleybostitch wrote:
martin wrote:

It's utterly incredible to me that a GM, about 10 games into a season, has to do a press thing like the below.

This should clarify that 90%+ of the drama surrounding the Knicks was Melo-induced. Such a prima dona, so fortunate to be rid of his cancer.

Yup, every organization he goes to falls apart at the seams. Selfish jerk

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/12/2018  9:41 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:
martin wrote:

Lol, you can't be serious dude.

The dude is a role player,

What exactly has Harden and Cp3 accomplish without MELO beside a few extra season wins.

Not to mention everybody and their mother knew losing their 2 best defensive players/glue guys to free agency was going to hurt the rockets big time..

And you chalked it up to melo

I guess KD leaving Westbrook was Melo's fualt

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/12/2018  10:15 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:
martin wrote:

What exactly has Harden and Cp3 accomplish without MELO beside a few extra season wins.

Not to mention everybody and their mother knew losing their 2 best defensive players/glue guys to free agency was going to hurt the rockets big time..

Good post. Answer is nothing... CP3 and Harder are nothing without Melo.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/12/2018  10:23 AM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:
martin wrote:

I didn't say that, but their playoff failures have been well documented

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/12/2018  10:59 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:
martin wrote:

I didn't say that, but their playoff failures have been well documented

The margin of error in NBA is slim.
Team makes one wrong move and it is enough to disrupt everything.
Melo by itself is not a problem but having him in lineup (especially as starter) is.
CP3 is getting old and he get additional responsibility to integrate his friend into the flow of the game.
With iso-heavy Harden adding another iso-only starter was... well stupid.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/12/2018  12:06 PM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
nyk2017 wrote:We got rid of that garbage just in time. Can't believe Thunder got Schroedder for him. What a steal.

It wasn’t in time....should have let him go to Bulls/Rockets years ago but I get your drift.

I didn't think he would decline so fast but the time to let him go was when Phil gave him the
NYC and trade kicker. Knicks got a year of dad Melo but that was it.

Agreed...Phil should have let him walk but made a mistake with the trade clause..still a Melo fan though, just didn't want him here anymore as it was time for a rebuild...hope he and the rockets work it out. Would like to see him get some playoff success before he retires.

I alsways felt it was a tough position. While NTC and TK was terrible foresight. Knicks had one first round draft pick over the next 3 seasons. And wouldn't have had cap space until to following off season with Amare/Bargs still on the books. Letting Melo walk ensuring that the team tanked while not having the draft picks to fall back on. I feel very few execs would have been willing to make that move.

Now if Phil would have been willing to move Tyson & Shump for future picks. And ate salaries for future picks and operated like the Nets have for the past few seasons then maybe.

Would have still got Phil fired since we would have been looking like Philly during their rebuild. But Knicks would have been better off for it in the long run.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/12/2018  1:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2018  1:55 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Letting Melo walk ensuring that the team tanked while not having the draft picks to fall back on. I feel very few execs would have been willing to make that move.

Best point to trade Melo period was during Linsanity.

Phil Jackson should have made trading Melo be the sticking point to taking the job in the first place.

Back then, I compared the Melo situation to the Herschel Walker/Dallas Cowboys situation. Except Walker actually was a hard worker on his game. nixluva promptly said I had no idea what I was talking about any talk of Melo only being a 6th man was completely insane.

The reality is Melo declined rapidly and the game changed at the same time, which made his style of play less valuable. His game was only valuable at the height of his prime. When he lost a step, it made all the difference because he couldn't compensate in other ways. He was a flawed star with the Knicks, but a star nonetheless, and they moved away from him at exactly the right time. Very few players have a gradual decline. He went from star scorer to non-rotation value in the matter of a year. There was never a point where he would have been a quality 6th man.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/12/2018  3:42 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:
martin wrote:

Yep. Should have paid Lin and rid ourselves of Melo. Lin makes every team better.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

11/12/2018  3:53 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:
martin wrote:

So Morey claims Melo did everything they asked of him and it confirms he is a cancer? Agree that he is nowhere near the player he was but think the Rockets have a lot of problems.

Watching Melo in OKC, it was clear he is at the end of his career. And that he cannot play a supporting role. He is/has always been a volume shooter that needs the ball in his hands. Do think, if anyone watched the first few Rocket games, as I did, you would see the Rockets were all struggling. CP3 seems like he was fighting to prove he is as good as Harden. Chucking step back threes at will. Don't think that is what he is known for. Harden was hurt a few games and did not seem to have mid season wind. Gordon looked like the guy a few years back that other teams gave up on. And Ennis, also a big off season free agent signing has a Frank like outside shtw with less impact on defense.

But lets not get it twisted, yes the Rockets are not playing well but Melo has showed he cannot be a supporting role. He is past his prime and needs to do some serious thinking about his future. Think it would be a shame to se him go to a situation where he is just trying to add to his point totals. Yes I liked him as a Knick and as a Syracuse Orangeman but think his game has been passed by the new quick run and gun yoots.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Gudris
Member: #6213

11/12/2018  4:03 PM
Melo is an energetic vampire who sucks the energy out of other teammates, he does this unconsciously. There is a lot of guys like this, you look at him and looks like a cool dude, but others gets worse around him, unmotivated, low energy etc.
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
11/12/2018  5:26 PM
stanleybostitch wrote:
martin wrote:

I don't think this is true. They are getting rid of him because he simply can't play anymore. That wasn't the case for most of his Knicks tenure. Dude is washed up. Father time is undefeated.

mlby1215
Member: #6486

11/12/2018  6:13 PM
If melo is not a toxic player then he must be one of the most unlucky players. Wherever he goes to, the new team suddenly turns bad. At this rate, he probably could bring down GSW if they takes him.
nyk2017
Member: #7538

11/12/2018  6:48 PM
This Mike Dantonio’s ultimate revenge. No better way to humiliate someone then to release them 10 games into the season. All that is left is for Houston to take off after releasing Carmelo.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/12/2018  7:10 PM
nyk2017 wrote:This Mike Dantonio’s ultimate revenge. No better way to humiliate someone then to release them 10 games into the season. All that is left is for Houston to take off after releasing Carmelo.

Except Morey is the one who is doing it.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/12/2018  7:10 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/12/2018  8:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/13/2018  9:11 AM
schadenfreude at its finest

It's a tragic comedy. it's like a coen brothers movie.

Noah sucks. Phil sucks. Greg Monroe (who we were so pissed turned us down) turns out to suck big time, Melo no one wants (to be completed when Wade and LBJ have to report their teams don't want him either). No one wants Fisher, or Rambis, or Hornacek. And then we take a bunch of players that other teams thought sucked (and i put Utah, Denver and Indiana and Portlad in the good team bucket). Our current President is accused of being a back stabber by Buss. Our current GM was allowed to leave the Kings (the Kings! and that was after being let go by Oralando)

Having said that, I thought Melo was given a great opportunity to transform his game for the benefit of the team and he declined. He decided to be selfish and lazy. So I don't feel too bad for him. He can go back to cheating on LaLa and feeding Triple with endless thoughts for future analogies

(5)(5)
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/12/2018  8:47 PM
stanleybostitch wrote:
martin wrote:

...And somehow, when Melo was traded to OKC, the Circus remained at MSG all of last year! Was last year Melo's fault too?

Gudris
Member: #6213

11/13/2018  1:30 AM
martin wrote:

Come back to Knicks :D
HofstraBBall

11/13/2018  10:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/13/2018  10:11 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:So Morey claims Melo did everything they asked of him and it confirms he is a cancer? Agree that he is nowhere near the player he was but think the Rockets have a lot of problems.

Watching Melo in OKC, it was clear he is at the end of his career. And that he cannot play a supporting role. He is/has always been a volume shooter that needs the ball in his hands......

But lets not get it twisted, yes the Rockets are not playing well but Melo has showed he cannot be a supporting role.

That's all a bunch of bull****.

What is Morey going to say when a mic is shoved in his face?

Melo is/was offensively complete. It's a testament to his offensive prowess and raw skill set. It is rare to see a player walk into the league with that kind of complete skill set.

If Melo simply chose to do it and work at it relentlessly, he could be an elite long range three point shooter at plus range. He's always been that talented as a gunner from a skill standpoint. Melo is suited for catch and shoot situations. Three point shooting is a skill that can age very well. Wade is shooting threes right now at a rate no one has ever seen before.

All Melo had to do was get in the best shape of his life, sit behind the arc offensively to space the floor, keep the ball moving and work as a 4th option bail out shooter.

He chooses NOT to play a supporting role.

Paul and Harden also draw coverage off of him. He has been getting clean looks, he's just missing them. His legs are shot, but maybe that's also a part of just not being in elite physical condition.

You and jrodmc cannot have it both ways. You can't spend YEARS talking about Melo's offensive gifts without now accepting that means he could fill any offensive role with effort and hard work and sacrifice, he simply chooses not to do it.

CAN NOT is the not the same as WILL NOT.

Again you and jrodmc pump up the same narrative - If you can't blame Melo for EVERYTHING, then you can't hold him accountable for ANYTHING. You see this kind of strategy used all the time in real life. By children. Usually when they are caught doing something dumb. It's interesting, as Melo shows less and less, the excuses you and jrodmc come up with become more and more desperate.

Melo WILL NOT play a supporting role. Guy owns all these gyms and can't pick up a ****ing kettlebell in the offseason?

Melo won't even raise his arms/hands to close out a shooter on the defensive end. I mean how ****ing lazy do you have to be to not even get your hands in the air?

Is this what is has come down to in the end? Rationalizing Melo like a 9 year old child would after getting caught stealing a candy bar at the grocery store?

The hate is deep with you. We both know why. But ok, lets talk, yet again, about someone who is not a Knick. Like gentlemen.
Whats bull****? I said Melo is not the ONLY problem Houston is having? You claim you watched all the Melo wide open jumpers missed? But somehow missed Gordon, Ennis, Harden and Pauls shooting woes? Oh but wait, a guy coming off the bench who didn't exactly chalk up MAJOR minutes with the starters, was to blame? Btw I said Melo clearly showed he was at the end of his career last year in OKC? You disagree? I Said he cannot be a supporting role type of player? Disagree? Problem is that Haters cant read context. May be your issue all along. If someone brings in some context that may actually include a reality showing Melo is not a mass murderer and you guys freak the **** out. Why? We both know. Haters got their panties in a wad whenever some mentioned Melo was the only star who actually wanted to come here in the last 25 years, that wasn't coming off double knee surgery. Fact? Oh yeah, lets blame Melo for not waiting during the offseason to sign him and avoid losing assets. I mean Dolan had nothing to do with that. Haters had an aneurysm when some mentioned that the support players brought in, except for 2012, where worth less than a bag of Berman donuts. Wrong? Probably, all those gems went on to become all stars with other teams. Melo haters freaked out when we suggested the Triangle was an old piece of ****. (Like its number one supporter, Dolans FO savior) Wrong? Did I miss what current front running team took on the Triangle or Uncle Phil. Or was it some mentioning that Melo is a future HOF and one of the best scorers in league history. Wrong? (Put that last one in so that meloshouldgo can freak the **** out and do his daily triple head twitch). So which one of those points do you consider bull****? My point has always been Melo is not the best player in the league but definitely not the cause of the **** show we call the Knciks. Difference between a hater and a real Knick fans is that a Knick fan recognizes the broader picture/ real problems and is not focused on what ONE player, he does not like, is doing.

But as true Knick fans lets keep wishing Melo breaks a leg and wife leaves him. Cuz that will help the Knicks as much as Jeremy Lin being traded and laying an egg with yet another NBA team.

Woj: Melo & Rockets discussing role and future (11/15 update: Melo out)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy