[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

'The Process' Adds Jimmy Butler
Author Thread
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/10/2018  2:44 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:LOL -Toronto is a power team? How do you define power teams?

powerswept

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/10/2018  5:17 PM
Marv wrote:

powerswept

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/10/2018  5:35 PM

i mean contenders. after gsw, the teams most likely to get to the finals are raps, bos, phi, mil, hou.

meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/10/2018  7:23 PM
djsunyc wrote:

i mean contenders. after gsw, the teams most likely to get to the finals are raps, bos, phi, mil, hou.

Sir- put the bong down and back slowly away from your computer

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/10/2018  9:52 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

one team comes out of the east. Raps, celts or bucks in my opinion. Raptors probably have the best chance.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/10/2018  10:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

one team comes out of the east. Raps, celts or bucks in my opinion. Raptors probably have the best chance.

I’ll favor Philly now even though Butler is most likely a grade-A douchebag.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/10/2018  10:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

He said contendors. No teams in the east are contendors. Yes one of them will get to the finals because that's what the format does.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/10/2018  10:34 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

I can see the Raptors making it.

Houston has no chance. At all. The league administration and networks want Greek Freak somewhere else, the refs will job the Bucks no matter what happens. They also wanted the three headed ownership monster of Edens, Lasry and Dinan to sell.

Celts and 76ers have clear flaws in their rosters. Not a guarantee.

Raps are a solid team. Also Leonard and the Canada angle offers a narrative the league and networks will like.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/11/2018  12:17 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

He said contendors. No teams in the east are contendors. Yes one of them will get to the finals because that's what the format does.

If you get to the finals you aren't a contender? Giants beat the Patriots and the Bills to win Super Bowls they weren't supposed to. The Raptors are really good, really deep and really well coached. My guess is they win 60+ games. I am not a raptor fan but they look better than Philly, Boston and Milwaukee.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
wargames
Member: #6053

11/11/2018  10:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/11/2018  10:30 AM
Ok I just did the math and Timmy and Otto's contract ends the same year as Giannis...... It would be about 45 mil in cap space. Maybe more because the rest of the roster is most rookies, KP max and even Frank would only be a 15 mil cap hold

So here me out, Knicks take Porter and let him rehab the rest of this year (cause tank reasons), Next year if he is playing like he used to plus the youth we have a playoff team. Then in 2 years when Timmy and Otto come off the Knicks with a healthy KP and young contributors go after Giannis similar to how GS added KD.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/11/2018  11:56 AM
wargames wrote:Ok I just did the math and Timmy and Otto's contract ends the same year as Giannis...... It would be about 45 mil in cap space. Maybe more because the rest of the roster is most rookies, KP max and even Frank would only be a 15 mil cap hold

So here me out, Knicks take Porter and let him rehab the rest of this year (cause tank reasons), Next year if he is playing like he used to plus the youth we have a playoff team. Then in 2 years when Timmy and Otto come off the Knicks with a healthy KP and young contributors go after Giannis similar to how GS added KD.

Frank is getting cut if his cap hold is 15 million dude is worth about 5 million right now
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/11/2018  12:27 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
wargames wrote:Ok I just did the math and Timmy and Otto's contract ends the same year as Giannis...... It would be about 45 mil in cap space. Maybe more because the rest of the roster is most rookies, KP max and even Frank would only be a 15 mil cap hold

Frank is getting cut if his cap hold is 15 million dude is worth about 5 million right now

Really?

He has like 225 NBA games to play before that time comes.

And his cap hold is only relevant until he signs. If after those 225 additional NBA games his worth is $5m or somewhere in between, he can sign for that and that number will replace his cap hold.

Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/11/2018  1:03 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

if you remove gsw (which i did in my original post) - who do you have as contenders? and who do you have as winning the title?

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/11/2018  1:27 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

Any Eastern team who makes the Finals is a contender. The GSW can only beat themselves. That functionally means a catastrophic injury to Draymond Green. They can lose anyone else and mostly work around it. But not Green.

What every NBA team is doing is hoping for the Warriors to suffer some major injuries. Right place, right time, and your chance is there. Michael Jordan said something painful and true to Patrick Ewing - I was gone for two years ( gambling "retirement"), that was your chance.

If the Dubs lost Green, the Raptors would be very very tough. Just given the marketing push, the refs would hard roll the Dubs. That aside, they are a very good team, a deep team, and it would come down to their offensive efficiency ( Can you shoot at a historic rate for four games?)

wargames
Member: #6053

11/11/2018  1:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/11/2018  1:38 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Really?

He has like 225 NBA games to play before that time comes.

And his cap hold is only relevant until he signs. If after those 225 additional NBA games his worth is $5m or somewhere in between, he can sign for that and that number will replace his cap hold.

Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

Actually that is a good point Frank or not we could have almost enough money for 2 maxes or a max and a half.....

Anyhow like I said I rather roll the money over for Giannis than settle for paying the third tier guys a split of the max money for 4-5 years.To many teams have done that and regretted it later.

In two years a lot changes and Giannis might be tired of the Bucks not coming out the East.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/11/2018  2:31 PM
This is a disaster for the rockets, I think landing Butler was their last high risk hope
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
11/12/2018  6:14 PM
Good move on the surface for the Sixers. I wonder if it will create issues in spacing though. Simmons and Butler are kind of take it to the Rim midrange kind of guys. And obviously Embid plays near the hoop too. If this happens, Butler will end up being a 1 year rental.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/12/2018  6:22 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:Good move on the surface for the Sixers. I wonder if it will create issues in spacing though. Simmons and Butler are kind of take it to the Rim midrange kind of guys. And obviously Embid plays near the hoop too. If this happens, Butler will end up being a 1 year rental.

Yes, and now they will need spacers. Korver is out there, Lee too. Plenty will get bought out at the deadline

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/13/2018  1:03 PM
martin wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:Good move on the surface for the Sixers. I wonder if it will create issues in spacing though. Simmons and Butler are kind of take it to the Rim midrange kind of guys. And obviously Embid plays near the hoop too. If this happens, Butler will end up being a 1 year rental.

Yes, and now they will need spacers. Korver is out there, Lee too. Plenty will get bought out at the deadline

they can probably move fultz for a player. This is going to be worth watching both to see how Philly responds and the Wolves

(5)(5)
nyk2017
Member: #7538

11/13/2018  2:55 PM
Can we trade Frank, Lee for Fultz and some leftovers? Philly gets a guard who can defend. They also get Lee who can shoot. We can allow Fultz to develop if possible.
'The Process' Adds Jimmy Butler

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy