[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank N’Rozier
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/9/2018  10:06 AM
Frank for Rozier: on the basis of resigning him and eats into the cap. Is terry a pig or combo? Does he fit with Timmy? 4 years older than Frank.
Nalod understands Rozier is better now. Don’t forget he needed 2.5 years to develop in Boston. I fear trading with Ainge. Not saying Frank is untouchable but I’m ok with the process that gives us a top 5 draft pick and cap space. Kp return, Zion And Durant is not far fetched.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/09/knicks-would-be-viable-fit-if-terry-rozier-goes-on-trading-block/

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/9/2018  10:22 AM
We'll see how Frank does this season. Frank has his timetable, and so does Fizdale, and the Knicks. Been reading posts about how players do once they leave Boston.

Legit argument. Watching Boston last night, Rozier has something in common with Trier, he has a real edge to him.

Not exactly scientific I know. That quality makes me more confident that he could be more than just a system player for the Knicks.

How much the Knicks should offer, not sure right now. Also depends on Frank's progress.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/9/2018  10:22 AM
I think there's more value in keeping a core together and let them learn to play together...While I understand PER is flawed, Rozier's career PER is 12.6. He had a good year last year, but his season as a whole was 15 aka average. For comparison, Marco Belinelli has a career PER of 12.3. I think Rozier will be better than that but I just point it out because wtf has Rozier really accomplished
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/9/2018  10:27 AM
I like Rozier but he's not what we need.

I would be far more interested in a younger veteran who could provide a different voice on showing Frank how to be a floor general, improve his game

(5)(5)
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/9/2018  10:33 AM
Nah..I want my home grown talent to flourish.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/9/2018  10:55 AM
I’ll consider him as a free agent but definitely not trading anything of value.
Ira
Member: #91
11/9/2018  11:03 AM
The young point guard I really like is the guy that the Clippers got - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. He can score, pass and play good d. I would have taken him ahead of Knox.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/9/2018  11:11 AM
Nalod wrote:Frank for Rozier: on the basis of resigning him and eats into the cap. Is terry a pig or combo? Does he fit with Timmy? 4 years older than Frank.
Nalod understands Rozier is better now. Don't forget he needed 2.5 years to develop in Boston. I fear trading with Ainge. Not saying Frank is untouchable but I'm ok with the process that gives us a top 5 draft pick and cap space. Kp return, Zion And Durant is not far fetched.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/09/knicks-would-be-viable-fit-if-terry-rozier-goes-on-trading-block/

I'm a big Frank fan but at the same time I do worry that his athleticism will always be an issue at the PG position -- he just looks sluggish too often to me.

Was listening to Isola/Scalabrine on the radio the other day and Scal (Boston TV guy now) said Rozier is a FREAK athlete. Given his size/athleticism/still young age and overall toughness with emerging offensive game I'm a Rozier fan.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/9/2018  11:29 AM
I was thinking initially on the Rozier bandwagon with the idea of him and Frank both in a rotation offering lock down perimeter defense and size. But it may be wise to try to find our own Rozier over paying the price for him. Rozier also isn't a penetrating PG but more of a shooter. So while defensively I like the idea, he doesn't offer much of a complimentary skill set offensively and keeps us as a jump shooting team.

Would be cheaper to draft a big senior PG in the 2nd round(just an example) with developed defensive principals and drive and kick cappabilities. Maybe his ceiling will be lower but would solidiy the defense in the backcourt offering size and length to compliment the size and length in the front court.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
FrenchFreak
Member: #7568

11/9/2018  11:36 AM
I would hate to waste meaningful cap space on Rozier. And I would really hate to trade a young cheap player with upside and/or draft picks for him for the privilege of paying him very soon. I think there's a 50-50 chance he's a product of the Celtics system and might not translate elsewhere. Besides, I want as much cap flexibility as possible after this year and Rozier would cut into that.

I'm still a big believer in Frank and don't want to deviate from the plan by giving up on him 1 year in. He's already our best defender.

FrenchFreak
Member: #7568

11/9/2018  11:37 AM
People keep mentioning Rozier's size. Isn't he like 6'2 at most?
GustavBahler

11/9/2018  11:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2018  11:49 AM
Nalod wrote:Frank for Rozier: on the basis of resigning him and eats into the cap. Is terry a pig or combo? Does he fit with Timmy? 4 years older than Frank.
Nalod understands Rozier is better now. Don't forget he needed 2.5 years to develop in Boston. I fear trading with Ainge. Not saying Frank is untouchable but I'm ok with the process that gives us a top 5 draft pick and cap space. Kp return, Zion And Durant is not far fetched.

I dont follow college BBall nearly as closely as some of you. But do you see Zion going anywhere but 1, if this ends up being what we'll be seeing from him? If not, Id like to see who they are,really.

This is the kind of game you used to see on playgrounds in NYC, except the court was a lot smaller. Zion is that fast.

Would love to get in the Zion lotto beyond next year's pick, but I dont want to see the team change course to do it.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/9/2018  11:58 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

I dont follow college BBall nearly as closely as some of you. But do you see Zion going anywhere but 1, if this ends up being what we'll be seeing from him? If not, Id like to see who they are,really.

This is the kind of game you used to see on playgrounds in NYC, except the court was a lot smaller. Zion is that fast.

Would love to get in the Zion lotto beyond next year's pick, but I dont want to see the team change course to do it.

Everyone is fixated on Zion BUT Barrett and Reddish are top picks and I think Tre Jones would be a lotto pick too if he wasn't surrounded by so many great players

But back to the point - I think Barrett is better than Zion. But Zion has an amazing highlight reel

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
newyorknewyork
11/9/2018  12:03 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Zion has the most potential in the draft. But he also has more risk then Barrett. Between managing his weight as he gets older to if his jumper can translate to the NBA. If he has any type of injuries to take away his explosiveness after a few season given his height, weight and game. Could be devestating.

Barrett has pretty much the whole package with not much downside. While his ceiling may be just a shade under Zion. He may be safer in the long run.

GustavBahler

11/9/2018  12:19 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Zion has the most potential in the draft. But he also has more risk then Barrett. Between managing his weight as he gets older to if his jumper can translate to the NBA. If he has any type of injuries to take away his explosiveness after a few season given his height, weight and game. Could be devestating.

Barrett has pretty much the whole package with not much downside. While his ceiling may be just a shade under Zion. He may be safer in the long run.

If the only real issue is his weight, then thats really not an issue to me, because its the easiest thing to fix.

Part of it might be that Zion is such an amazing athlete, that he knows he can get away with being out of shape.

What makes Zion stand out is also the fact that he can make thread the needle bounce passes at a full sprint, on a moments notice.

Imagine if he's the real deal, and in NBA shape. Yikes.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/9/2018  12:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

If the only real issue is his weight, then thats really not an issue to me, because its the easiest thing to fix.

Part of it might be that Zion is such an amazing athlete, that he knows he can get away with being out of shape.

What makes Zion stand out is also the fact that he can make thread the needle bounce passes at a full sprint, on a moments notice.

Knowing he can get away with being out of shape is a MUCH BIGGER issue than being out of shape. It's a mindset that leads to selfishness. It's the type of thing that invites comparisons to Melo.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/9/2018  12:55 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Knowing he can get away with being out of shape is a MUCH BIGGER issue than being out of shape. It's a mindset that leads to selfishness. It's the type of thing that invites comparisons to Melo.

Interesting telephone game happening here.

Not sure how we got to the idea Williamson is out of shape.

GustavBahler

11/9/2018  1:02 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Lets not get carried away here, Zion isnt going to be doing any adds for weight watchers any time soon. Were talking a little extra weight here., and its clearly not slowing him down. I dont hear any complaints from coach K, lol. Still plenty of time.

newyorknewyork
11/9/2018  1:18 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Zion is still a stud prospect when it's all said and done. Im just comparing him to Barrett for the most part. Zion would get the nod and be worth the risk vs any other prospect at this point. But would be a tough decision if the Knicks did find themselves with the #1 pick between the 2.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/9/2018  1:22 PM
Its weird to see him play as he does then look at his build. He moves great, jumps, is strong, etc.
His fitness Im sure is measured more scientific than his babysat might indicate. It could be just some teenage stuff.
KP moves far better than any 7'3 guy I have seen beyond a young Sabonis (Dad) and Ralph Sampson.
Frank N’Rozier

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy