http://www.ultimateknicks.com/outerlink.asp?id=145629202

KP is sprinting, looks promising.

AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/9/2018  9:57 AM
I like the sprinting. I don't like the coach being weird about it.
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

11/9/2018  10:10 AM
jrodmc wrote:I like the sprinting. I don't like the coach being weird about it.

Doesn't come across as "weird" to me -- typical coachspeak, concerned with the players that are here, the next game, etc. etc. Perhaps there is some motivational subtext, but seems pretty innocuous from here.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/9/2018  10:32 AM
Nothing to see here. Just coachspeak as KnickDanger said.
Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
11/9/2018  10:44 AM
Yea. It’s just Fiz trying not to get too ahead of himself. It’s fine.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
11/9/2018  11:02 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
jrodmc wrote:I like the sprinting. I don't like the coach being weird about it.

Doesn't come across as "weird" to me -- typical coachspeak, concerned with the players that are here, the next game, etc. etc. Perhaps there is some motivational subtext, but seems pretty innocuous from here.

KP: I'm doing great, shooting, running and ****.
FIZ: He's doing what he was before, light stuff, nothing like sprinting.
KP: Look at me! I'm sprinting!
FIZ: Leave me the **** alone! I can't be bothered with thinking about the franchise player. It's too distracting while I'm trying to figure out what plays to call with these stupid kids.

Kanter: Hey Coach, SMOTY ain't doing nothing for Enes's nipples!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/9/2018  2:19 PM
I have always defended KP.
Don't understand why he has to call out his coach publicly in such a manner. Judging by the leaves on the tree's in that photo it would be an older picture?
Im not trainer but doing sprints on the track is not like doing sprints on the court where you stop and turn around which is very stressful on the knee.
KP don't play on the track, the game is played on the court. Why go out of your way to be a dick to your coach?
On a separate note: the kids arms look loaded now!!!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/9/2018  3:08 PM
Nalod wrote:I have always defended KP.
Don't understand why he has to call out his coach publicly in such a manner. Judging by the leaves on the tree's in that photo it would be an older picture?
Im not trainer but doing sprints on the track is not like doing sprints on the court where you stop and turn around which is very stressful on the knee.
KP don't play on the track, the game is played on the court. Why go out of your way to be a dick to your coach?
We keep forgetting that KP is still young. That's just an immature response not understanding what fiz was trying to do. Maybe a cultural thing.
Nalod
USA
11/9/2018  3:30 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
We keep forgetting that KP is still young. That's just an immature response not understanding what fiz was trying to do. Maybe a cultural thing.

I love KP, and yeah, he is young. And yeah, it might have been a dick move!!!
At some point you mature and let some shyt go. Fiz might have just been keeping the pressure off KP as I'm sure EVERYONE asking when he is coming back.
Its not like Fiz or the knicks are rushing him. Maybe Knicks want to tank and KP wants to come back? Thats cool. Sort of.
Is it about money? I doubt it. Do they want to create a market where they drive the price up? It can only go so high and knicks can offer most.
Cultural? Like some "Drago" arrogant northern euro blond blue eyed arrogant shyt? I hope not.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/9/2018  3:53 PM
It definitely isn't a current picture based on the trees. Not sure why he responded to the comment like that but it sounds like Fiz addressed it and they are good. KP is quick to crack back though.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/9/2018  3:57 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:Yea. It’s just Fiz trying not to get too ahead of himself. It’s fine.

I love that this guy always takes responsibility for his actions.

basically came back and said he fck'd up, had the wrong info and manned up. haven't seen stuff like that since JVG, another Riley disciple.

ES
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/9/2018  3:59 PM
Fiz has handled this situation well and with class. Meanwhile KP has a pretty good princess streak going with not much on the court to back it up.
Nalod
USA
11/9/2018  4:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
It definitely isn't a current picture based on the trees. Not sure why he responded to the comment like that but it sounds like Fiz addressed it and they are good. KP is quick to crack back though.

I saw the articles that have come out since and I like the way fiz handled it. KP thought fiz was saying he was not working hard? Damn. Fiz seem like he was trying to temper the media.
Maybe KP needs to tone it down. At the end of the day his game will talk.
And if he signs with NY again that honeymoon period will be over soon enough. once the money happens so do the expectations.
They all grow up so fast!

keep it real KP......

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/9/2018  4:13 PM

hate to say it but i think fiz has sone dick qualities. he exhibited them in memphis and he’s exhibiting them here. type of guy who can be his own worst ememy. we shall see . . .

Nalod
USA
11/9/2018  4:28 PM
Marv wrote:

hate to say it but i think fiz has sone dick qualities. he exhibited them in memphis and he’s exhibiting them here. type of guy who can be his own worst ememy. we shall see . . .

Yeah, he messed up with Gasol. Not sure how he messed up here? You think he really was saying KP was not working hard?
Are you saying "dick qualities" are a bad thing? Most great coaches have that "dick quality". Its almost necessary.
Riley was a dick. Both Red's (Auerbach and Holzman) Dicks. We not talking Adolph Rupp dicklike qualitities, but Phil Jax dick qualities?
PJ carlisimo "Chock me im a dick quality?", Nellie sarcastic dick quality? George Karl winning but a "Dick Quality?" Jerry Sloan dick quality?
sarcastic, Isiah was just a dick, Wilkens was too nice to be a dick, Chaney was not a dick, but dick chaney was a dick, Woodson was not really a dick, he had the best Melo, JVG was a bit of a dick. But he was our dick.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/9/2018  4:30 PM
Here's what I think about how Fizdale and KP both handled this...

Oh wait, forget it. I forgot.

I don't give a ****.

Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
11/9/2018  6:12 PM
Knickoftime wrote:Here's what I think about how Fizdale and KP both handled this...

I don't give a ****.

You should. Little things like this lead to problems.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/9/2018  6:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2018  6:55 PM

Why don't you understand? Remember who was mentoring him during his first couple of years in the league? Yep - that guy. When you are a young foreign transplant in a new country in a high pressure situation it's like a baby duck imprinting on the things that give it the most comfort.

It's the tragedy of the Knicks that the only silver lining from the last 25 years couldn't help getting stained by it.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/9/2018  6:19 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:Here's what I think about how Fizdale and KP both handled this...

I don't give a ****.

You should. Little things like this lead to problems.

Is me giving a **** going to help?

Sports are fun. Seems like fans look for things to make them less fun.

I can choose not to care and still enjoy the Knicks.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/9/2018  11:48 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

If KP had some savvy to him he would have made some light hearted joke about it, sending the coach a video update and telling Fiz to turn on his AIM account so that they could catch up. Funnier yet would have been KP sprinting/chasing after Fiz’s wife

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Run KP Run )

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy