Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/8/2018  2:32 PM
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Guess the tank fetish crew were crying in their beers last night.

4 games ago I said the next 4 games were winnable, and we only won 2 of them- I'll take it! Next up Raptors, Magic, OKC, Pelican, Magic, Blazers, Celtic, Pelicans, Griz, Pistons, 76ers and Bucks- aside from the Magic all those teams are better than us, we could very well go 2-10. The tank will conquer all

Havent seen you more enthused on this board for anything but losses.

Do you think that's because I love losing? Or do you think maybe it's because at the moment, giving ourselves a better chance of landing a high pick increases our chances of climbing out of this mess long term?

I believe that this type of fandom, cheering for losses within the first few games of the season, every season, like clockwork. Did not exist before the internet.

The lottery was around for a long time before it got here. No one would care 10 games in, no matter how bad the team was, because its a crap shoot, and it has nothing to do with the game.

Now the rules have been changed to make tanking less profitable. Makes one more amazed that this talk is happening again, in the first few weeks of the season.

I was once like you, and it used to annoy me people calling for losses, but what changed for me wasn't the Internet it was the new CBA- it's damn near impossible to build a winner without high picks (either to trade or use).

I genuinely hope this is the last losing season we have, I miss being in the playoff race so badly and the new lottery odds system makes it even harder to land a top pick, but I just feel we need one more top pick in addition to what we already have to take a giant step forward

Last time the Knicks drafted higher than their record was in the mid 1980s. Think about that. The odds for that to happen. Its a crap shoot, no matter how you try to dress it up. And my point wasnt about you wanting the team to tank at some point in the season, preferably late.

It was that this was on your mind after the first few games of the season, every season, without fail.

Teams have tanked for years, but before the internet, no one was saying this at the start of every season, like a mantra. Not in the NBA anyway.

You are focused on ping-pong balls more than our young players doing so well, that they might play a role in surpassing expectations for the team this season.

I will take that over random luck, which has done nothing but kick the Knicks in the family jewels (so to speak) for the better part of the last 30 plus years.

We have a lot a great talent to develop right now, look around. If anything we need to look at vets for the next step in the team's development.

I dont see why we need to front run the next draft pick. Again, its even tougher now to benefit from tanking. Wins build confidence.

AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/8/2018  5:36 PM
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Chandler wrote:Chris Wallace was right about Fizz

what he said?

Can’t close games out

Does this one count?

Of course. But guy has 16 pt lead on a crap teAm

It’s a legitimate question.

Got news for you...in the eyes of many, we are a crap team too...and crap teams tend to give up leads

this is **** news and I resent you sharing it

Loved how Frank suffocated Young.

Funny how Burke was such an offseason darling. He barely made it a month and he looks out of the rotation.

us being a crap team is one thing

us not putting our best wing defender on the opponents best wing offensive player to close a game is another -- no matter how you spin it after the fact; 5 second violations off of a time out.

I'm not saying ship Fizz out or anything close. I think his priorities on defense and hustle are right, and that he's courageous enough to sit people who are not fitting into his plan. All good

I do think he needs a better bench coach next to him "reminding" him of good things to do at certain points in the game.

(5)(5)
Chandler

11/8/2018  5:38 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

impactful defense and efficient buckets within the flow in a variety of ways.(post up turn around jumper, in rhythm 3, penetration layup, pull up jumper off the pick) That is the dream, that is where the Kwahi comparisons stemmed from.

agreed. fingers crossed for him. Big fan of his

(5)(5)
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/8/2018  5:41 PM
Chandler wrote:I do think he needs a better bench coach next to him "reminding" him of good things to do at certain points in the game.

If there is any ONE thing I've learned by being a sports fan on the internet, is every close game is lost by the head coach or manager. Every. Single. One.

Every day half of the head coaches fail because they didn't push the right buttons and every (semi)close loss was preventable.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/9/2018  6:55 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

impactful defense and efficient buckets within the flow in a variety of ways.(post up turn around jumper, in rhythm 3, penetration layup, pull up jumper off the pick) That is the dream, that is where the Kwahi comparisons stemmed from.

Another one

Thanks for sharing, that clip was awesome. You can see how he was frustrating not just Young but literally disappointing the whole offense by not letting them get him the ball. I get such joy watching this type of defense and he plays smart.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Chandler

11/9/2018  8:17 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
Chandler wrote:I do think he needs a better bench coach next to him "reminding" him of good things to do at certain points in the game.

If there is any ONE thing I've learned by being a sports fan on the internet, is every close game is lost by the head coach or manager. Every. Single. One.

Every day half of the head coaches fail because they didn't push the right buttons and every (semi)close loss was preventable.

You did not learn

These losses are not evenly distributed. And when things repeat it could be random (like 10
Heads in A row flipping a coin) or there may be causation

Look it’s no knock to admit that even the elite coaches had their Robin whether it was for offense or defense

(5)(5)
GameThread: Knicks visit Atlanta

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy