[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks visit Atlanta
Author Thread
Juliano
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7589

11/8/2018  3:15 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
I agree. I LOVE Zion. Physical freak that we have never seen before. 6'7", 285 lbs, jumps 46". No matter how good he is in college this yr he will be 10x better in the pro's. He played pt guard up until 9th grade.

He is very impressive indeed, but he's been used to outpower opponents easily as he is an early bloomer. How does he react when he can't do it so easily because he's facing grown men? That being said, it's going to be very exciting to watch him take on that challenge.

AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/8/2018  3:49 AM
Juliano wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
I agree. I LOVE Zion. Physical freak that we have never seen before. 6'7", 285 lbs, jumps 46". No matter how good he is in college this yr he will be 10x better in the pro's. He played pt guard up until 9th grade.

He is very impressive indeed, but he's been used to outpower opponents easily as he is an early bloomer. How does he react when he can't do it so easily because he's facing grown men? That being said, it's going to be very exciting to watch him take on that challenge.

Knox has looked terrible so for, drafting another forward is a good idea

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/8/2018  3:52 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Juliano wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

Knox has looked terrible so for, drafting another forward is a good idea

He had one bad game, one pretty good game then was out injured. You're now judging him on his returning games when he hasn't even practiced?! that famous Knick fan patience!

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/8/2018  9:47 AM
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Chandler wrote:Chris Wallace was right about Fizz

what he said?

Can’t close games out

Does this one count?

Of course. But guy has 16 pt lead on a crap teAm

It’s a legitimate question.

Got news for you...in the eyes of many, we are a crap team too...and crap teams tend to give up leads

this is **** news and I resent you sharing it

Loved how Frank suffocated Young.

Funny how Burke was such an offseason darling. He barely made it a month and he looks out of the rotation.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/8/2018  10:24 AM
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/8/2018  10:28 AM
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

what he said?

Can’t close games out

Does this one count?

Got news for you...in the eyes of many, we are a crap team too...and crap teams tend to give up leads

Funny how Burke was such an offseason darling. He barely made it a month and he looks out of the rotation.

First thing Frank said in his post game interview was sharing credit for his D on Young, with Kanter, for his help D.

One of the first things Fizdale said as well in his post game presser.

All Frank really needs to do to take his game to the next level is to recognize in game when he's being too much of a spectator, without being told.

When Frank can notice that and make the necessary adjustments, he'll be in very good shape.

smackeddog
11/8/2018  10:29 AM
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

what he said?

Can’t close games out

Does this one count?

Trier has replaced him- he's basically been playing the way we hoped Burke would have

GustavBahler

11/8/2018  10:31 AM
Guess the tank fetish crew were crying in their beers last night.
smackeddog
11/8/2018  10:49 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Guess the tank fetish crew were crying in their beers last night.

4 games ago I said the next 4 games were winnable, and we only won 2 of them- I'll take it! Next up Raptors, Magic, OKC, Pelican, Magic, Blazers, Celtic, Pelicans, Griz, Pistons, 76ers and Bucks- aside from the Magic all those teams are better than us, we could very well go 2-10. The tank will conquer all

GustavBahler

11/8/2018  10:55 AM
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Guess the tank fetish crew were crying in their beers last night.

4 games ago I said the next 4 games were winnable, and we only won 2 of them- I'll take it! Next up Raptors, Magic, OKC, Pelican, Magic, Blazers, Celtic, Pelicans, Griz, Pistons, 76ers and Bucks- aside from the Magic all those teams are better than us, we could very well go 2-10. The tank will conquer all

Havent seen you more enthused on this board for anything but losses.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/8/2018  11:05 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

what he said?

Can’t close games out

Does this one count?

First thing Frank said in his post game interview was sharing credit for his D on Young, with Kanter, for his help D.

All Frank really needs to do to take his game to the next level is to recognize in game when he's being too much of a spectator, without being told.

When Frank can notice that and make the necessary adjustments, he'll be in very good shape.

hopefully it boosts Kanter's trade value but I think the league knows what is what
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler

11/8/2018  11:15 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

what he said?

Can’t close games out

Does this one count?

hopefully it boosts Kanter's trade value but I think the league knows what is what

I agree, a player whose value is about more than just numbers.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/8/2018  11:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2018  11:16 AM
NYKBocker wrote:

impactful defense and efficient buckets within the flow in a variety of ways.(post up turn around jumper, in rhythm 3, penetration layup, pull up jumper off the pick) That is the dream, that is where the Kwahi comparisons stemmed from.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/8/2018  11:47 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

impactful defense and efficient buckets within the flow in a variety of ways.(post up turn around jumper, in rhythm 3, penetration layup, pull up jumper off the pick) That is the dream, that is where the Kwahi comparisons stemmed from.

Another one

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/8/2018  12:28 PM
GustavBahler wrote:All Frank really needs to do to take his game to the next level is to recognize in game when he's being too much of a spectator, without being told.

Which may take many seasons.

Which is fine.

smackeddog
11/8/2018  12:57 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Do you think that's because I love losing? Or do you think maybe it's because at the moment, giving ourselves a better chance of landing a high pick increases our chances of climbing out of this mess long term?

GustavBahler

11/8/2018  1:20 PM
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Do you think that's because I love losing? Or do you think maybe it's because at the moment, giving ourselves a better chance of landing a high pick increases our chances of climbing out of this mess long term?

I believe that this type of fandom, cheering for losses within the first few games of the season, every season, like clockwork. Did not exist before the internet.

The lottery was around for a long time before it got here. No one would care 10 games in, no matter how bad the team was, because its a crap shoot, and it has nothing to do with the game.

Now the rules have been changed to make tanking less profitable. Makes one more amazed that this talk is happening again, in the first few weeks of the season.

smackeddog
11/8/2018  1:47 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I believe that this type of fandom, cheering for losses within the first few games of the season, every season, like clockwork. Did not exist before the internet.

The lottery was around for a long time before it got here. No one would care 10 games in, no matter how bad the team was, because its a crap shoot, and it has nothing to do with the game.

Now the rules have been changed to make tanking less profitable. Makes one more amazed that this talk is happening again, in the first few weeks of the season.

I was once like you, and it used to annoy me people calling for losses, but what changed for me wasn't the Internet it was the new CBA- it's damn near impossible to build a winner without high picks (either to trade or use).

I genuinely hope this is the last losing season we have, I miss being in the playoff race so badly and the new lottery odds system makes it even harder to land a top pick, but I just feel we need one more top pick in addition to what we already have to take a giant step forward

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/8/2018  1:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Do you believe logic didn't exist before the internet? The 1990 Nets, 1084 Rockets and 1987 Spurs are all looked back on as having tanked.

You don't think NFL fans of bad teams understood the implications of their seasons win total when Manning and Elway were on the board?

I have a hard time imagining because the internet didn't exist or team sports forums were still in their infancy that Colts fans didn't realize the implications of the 1996 season and were indifferent to getting the first draft pick.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
11/8/2018  2:07 PM
Was not a fan of drafting Knox but he will get better and is coming off an injury. I don't like that he stays on the perimeter so much, but that maybe due to his ankle not being 100% yet. It's probably also hard finding your role with all of these other young guys being so assertive and trying to prove themselves (eg Vonley, Trier). I see the ssme hesitation with Mario at times, as he doesn't seem to know what to do if he's not handling or cutting when the ball is in the post. I do think both will show more as the season goes on, although I'd be more worried about the confidence of Mario as Knox is young and has time to develop his confidence. Should have a better sense with our players around March. Gotta feel good about Trier, MRob, Hardaway, Vonley and even Mudiay seems to be improving somewhat.
GameThread: Knicks visit Atlanta

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy