Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/9/2018  9:03 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Kemet wrote: Fizdale's offense has been shooting 3's and isolation scoring

You can't make someone pass the ball. You can bench them. (Well some players you can bench) But look at the roster. Who is on the bench that's left?

People here, many, roundly criticized Pringles as coach. They did so when he was in LA too. But give him talent in Houston and you see something different.

Kanter, Burke, Trier and THJr all have some black hole tendencies to their game.

The benefit of contract year guys is you'll get top effort. They want to get a new contract. The bad side is they are more concerned with their own counting stats because that's more in line with that new contract than helping the team win. Or even just play sound team basketball.

You could bring Chuck Daly back to life and put him in charge of this team and you'd still see many of the same problems.

A marker of Fizdale might just be THJr. With basically three years left on his deal, he can dog it if he wants, but he's not.

I think Morey was brilliant in how he assembled last years Rockets roster, getting guys whose strengths were his coaches deficit. D'Antoni was wise to bring in Bdzelik to run his defense and I think they were smart to reach out to him and bring him back. Alan Hahn wrote an article about how similar Melo and D'Antoni were back when they were both on the Knicks. Hahn said both guys were very stubborn and could be passive aggressive. One of those guys, D'Antoni, evolved and recognized that he would benefit from having one of the best defensive coaches be his assistant head coach. Melo hasn't evolved and he hasn't aged well. Now that Bdzelik is back it will be interesting to see if the defense gets back to what it was last year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/9/2018  9:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

You can't make someone pass the ball. You can bench them. (Well some players you can bench) But look at the roster. Who is on the bench that's left?

People here, many, roundly criticized Pringles as coach. They did so when he was in LA too. But give him talent in Houston and you see something different.

Kanter, Burke, Trier and THJr all have some black hole tendencies to their game.

The benefit of contract year guys is you'll get top effort. They want to get a new contract. The bad side is they are more concerned with their own counting stats because that's more in line with that new contract than helping the team win. Or even just play sound team basketball.

You could bring Chuck Daly back to life and put him in charge of this team and you'd still see many of the same problems.

A marker of Fizdale might just be THJr. With basically three years left on his deal, he can dog it if he wants, but he's not.

I think Morey was brilliant in how he assembled last years Rockets roster, getting guys whose strengths were his coaches deficit. D'Antoni was wise to bring in Bdzelik to run his defense and I think they were smart to reach out to him and bring him back. Alan Hahn wrote an article about how similar Melo and D'Antoni were back when they were both on the Knicks. Hahn said both guys were very stubborn and could be passive aggressive. One of those guys, D'Antoni, evolved and recognized that he would benefit from having one of the best defensive coaches be his assistant head coach. Melo hasn't evolved and he hasn't aged well. Now that Bdzelik is back it will be interesting to see if the defense gets back to what it was last year.

Losing Ariza and Mbah Moute has hurt them on that side of the ball. The combination of Paul, Ariza, Mbah, Tucker, Capela provided quality defensive depth.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
USA
11/9/2018  9:51 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Losing Ariza and Mbah Moute has hurt them on that side of the ball. The combination of Paul, Ariza, Mbah, Tucker, Capela provided quality defensive depth.

Definitely but Bdzelik is an excellent defensive coach. The organization sought him out and got him to come out of retirement after their poor start. D'Antoni asked him to join his staff as the associate head coach in charge of defense. I remember reading that D'Antoni said the team heard one voice on offense and another on defense last year.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/10/2018  1:50 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Chandler wrote:The mishaps are obviously more pronounced in the fourth quarter, and the Knicks are getting beat by an average of 5.1 points in those final 12 minutes. It’s the worst rating in the league, and the near collapse Wednesday against Atlanta did not alleviate the concerns."

I'm sure that has nothing whatsoever to do with fact they're the youngest, least experienced team in the NBA.

Nah, nothing.

Im not sure who stated we were the youngest team in the NBA, when that actually goes to the (9-2)Denver nuggets and 2nd is the (9-3)portland trail blazers

https://herosports.com/nba/oldest-youngest-teams-start-2018-19-season-byby

they must have counted Noah and maybe Herb Williams or something.

Knicks average age is 24.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/10/2018  9:58 AM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Chandler wrote:The mishaps are obviously more pronounced in the fourth quarter, and the Knicks are getting beat by an average of 5.1 points in those final 12 minutes. It’s the worst rating in the league, and the near collapse Wednesday against Atlanta did not alleviate the concerns."

I'm sure that has nothing whatsoever to do with fact they're the youngest, least experienced team in the NBA.

Nah, nothing.

Im not sure who stated we were the youngest team in the NBA, when that actually goes to the (9-2)Denver nuggets and 2nd is the (9-3)portland trail blazers

There is 2 ways to dissect the comment and link above promoting that Denver and Portland have the youngest teams in the league with winning records.

#1. Denver DRAFTED Jokic, Harris, Murray, Morris, Hernangomez, Beasley and signed Craig as an UDFA. That is 7 players out of their 10 man rotation. Jokic, Harris, Murray being under cost controlled contracts previous seasons allowed them to sign Milsap. Murray is still under his rookie scale contract while averaging 18pts per game. If Jokic was a lottery/first round pick he still would be under a rookie scale contract with his extension coming next season. Jokic is 23 in his 4th season, Harris is 24 in his 5th season, Murray is 21 in his 3rd season. Their seasoning is higher than their age because they were drafted and developed by the team. Which again gave them cost controlled players who become young veterans that can grow together and compete over the long haul. There is always ground work that need to be built up for winning.

#2. Portland: Lillard is 28, CJ is 27, Aminu 28, Nurkic 24, Turner 30, Layman 24, Collins 21, Stauskas and Seth 25 & 28. Their age gets lowered due to the players on the back end of the bench who don't play. But as you can see they play a veteran lineup for the most part.

Knicks on the other hand Frank 20, Hardaway 26, Dotson 23, Vonleh 23, Robinson 20, Kanter 26, Trier 23, Mudiay 23, Burke 26, Herzonia 23. Thats 2 sophomores and 2 rookies in the rotation. Portland has one sophomore.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
USA
11/10/2018  10:20 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Nah, nothing.

There is 2 ways to dissect the comment and link above promoting that Denver and Portland have the youngest teams in the league with winning records.

#1. Denver DRAFTED Jokic, Harris, Murray, Morris, Hernangomez, Beasley and signed Craig as an UDFA. That is 7 players out of their 10 man rotation. Jokic, Harris, Murray being under cost controlled contracts previous seasons allowed them to sign Milsap. Murray is still under his rookie scale contract while averaging 18pts per game. If Jokic was a lottery/first round pick he still would be under a rookie scale contract with his extension coming next season. Jokic is 23 in his 4th season, Harris is 24 in his 5th season, Murray is 21 in his 3rd season. Their seasoning is higher than their age because they were drafted and developed by the team. Which again gave them cost controlled players who become young veterans that can grow together and compete over the long haul. There is always ground work that need to be built up for winning.

#2. Portland: Lillard is 28, CJ is 27, Aminu 28, Nurkic 24, Turner 30, Layman 24, Collins 21, Stauskas and Seth 25 & 28. Their age gets lowered due to the players on the back end of the bench who don't play. But as you can see they play a veteran lineup for the most part.

Knicks on the other hand Frank 20, Hardaway 26, Dotson 23, Vonleh 23, Robinson 20, Kanter 26, Trier 23, Mudiay 23, Burke 26, Herzonia 23. Thats 2 sophomores and 2 rookies in the rotation. Portland has one sophomore.

Well said. I think you can add Knox at 19 to the rotation now that his ankle has healed and Thomas is out.
CrushAlot
USA
11/10/2018  10:37 AM
Good read on the impact Fiz has on player efficiency.
https://knicksfilmschool.com/2018/11/10/david-fizdale-is-proving-he-can-play-the-numbers-game/
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/10/2018  1:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/10/2018  1:58 PM
Yes good article and looks positive so far. I need more data on our own gues over a full season before being able to say for sure how good a coach he is. His impact on the rooks has been obvious. But how well he can corral our rehabbing Diva is what will determine his success. As good a player as KP is he learned how to be jerk from the best of them.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/10/2018  2:01 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Yes good article and looks positive so far. I need more data on our own gues over a full season before being able to say for sure how good a coach he is. His impact on the rooks has been obvious. But how well he can corral our rehabbing Diva is what will determine his success. As good a player as KP is he learned how to be jerk from the best of them.

melodidgo.

You should really move on at this point and not try to invent a way to continue the fixation.

doomed
Member: #1078
USA
11/11/2018  10:58 AM
Another stellar post

Kanter is playing like an all star????

Who are you and where did you come from...

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/13/2018  8:54 AM
Once again a FO that gives a coach players that can't run his system

was this a shot at frank and Kanter, because those are the only 2 guys that don't run

ES

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy