[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
knicks1248
Posts: 37903
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
11/6/2018  9:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2018  9:14 AM
Kanter is playing like An all star(off the bench..smh), and the staring five has been (except for the dallas game) all negatives across the boards.

The offense is heavy Iso (mike woodson style) even out of time outs your drawing up ISO's for Trier and THJ.

He is pushing all the wrong buttons in the forth quarter, and all the wrong buttons at the start of games. A defensive starting 5 that is putrid on offense shooting below 35%.

Not sure why he is starting frank who is shooting 23% in his last 4 games, 36% overall, 2 FT...Frabk is just not playing like a starting caliber PG, not even close.

He needs to balance this roster better than he has, and do something about the playbook

How is Noah Vonleh 7th on the team in minutes played, and 2nd in FTA.

I like fiz but cmon dude, you gotta get it together and put these guys in a position to win, these loses are not good for confidence, especially when your losing games you should win

ES
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Posts: 34948
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

11/6/2018  10:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2018  10:09 AM
Fizdale is trying to balance rebuilding, with showing this team how to win. I agree with the objectives Fizdale has shared. Believe his achilles heel is how he deals with vets. Benching Kanter this early, after one bad game, showed up a proud player, who is arguably also the hardest working player on the floor.

If Fizdale wanted to give Mitch more minutes, he could start Kanter and Mitch together, or sub in Robinson for Kanter sooner rather than later. Dont believe Fizdale appreciates that he isnt doing his rep with vets any favors. Especially when we see what Kanter did last night.

As I said last week, this is precisely what got Fisher on bad terms with his vets when he was coach. Hope Fiz improves in that dept.

Nalod
Posts: 56209
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
11/6/2018  10:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2018  10:12 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Kanter is playing like An all star(off the bench..smh), and the staring five has been (except for the dallas game) all negatives across the boards.

The offense is heavy Iso (mike woodson style) even out of time outs your drawing up ISO's for Trier and THJ.

He is pushing all the wrong buttons in the forth quarter, and all the wrong buttons at the start of games. A defensive starting 5 that is putrid on offense shooting below 35%.

Not sure why he is starting frank who is shooting 23% in his last 4 games, 36% overall, 2 FT...Frabk is just not playing like a starting caliber PG, not even close.

He needs to balance this roster better than he has, and do something about the playbook

How is Noah Vonleh 7th on the team in minutes played, and 2nd in FTA.

I like fiz but cmon dude, you gotta get it together and put these guys in a position to win, these loses are not good for confidence, especially when your losing games you should win

RainMain1248 clairvoyance in the hindsight. Why is frank starting? Because he had a good string of games. Will he stick there? I don't know.
Timmy was hurt Sunday, not played last night. Knox played 4 minutes last night. Missed 7. KP out.
That we went double overtime last night might in an ugly game might be all we could have hoped for. Frank second nite of back to back was cooked. So the offense was for sure taxed.
You don't change because of this.
You get your players back then you evaluate.
Enes is getting his minutes. Who cares who starts?

Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
newyorknewyork
Posts: 28107
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
11/6/2018  10:30 AM
Frank played horrible and played only 16 mins in a double over time game. Robinson played 11 mins.

Trier and Kanter who both played well played 41 mins and both overtimes. Vonleh, Herzonia, Dotson, Mudiay all got 30+ mins as they all were producing.

The players that produced played and got mins and the players that didn't sat.

The blaming of rotations is typical sofa coaching.

But he went with UDFA Trier in the starting lineup over Herzonia at SF and Dotson at SG probably just to evaluate. Don't think it was about game planning for the Bulls. Probably how this season is going to go for the most part. So be prepared to be upset going forward because most of the decision made will be about development and evaluation over game planning vs the other team to steal wins.

Frank is 0 for his last 11 attempts down town. He is on a Tim Hardaway jr 2017 level shooting slump these last couple of games. Frank keeps it up Mudiay will eventually take his spot. Weird how he went from playing so well vs the GS and Nets with so much confidence shooting 41% from down town to 0-11 and no confidence.

knicks1248
Posts: 37903
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
11/6/2018  11:04 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Fizdale is trying to balance rebuilding, with showing this team how to win. I agree with the objectives Fizdale has shared. Believe his achilles heel is how he deals with vets. Benching Kanter this early, after one bad game, showed up a proud player, who is arguably also the hardest working player on the floor.

If Fizdale wanted to give Mitch more minutes, he could start Kanter and Mitch together, or sub in Robinson for Kanter sooner rather than later. Dont believe Fizdale appreciates that he isnt doing his rep with vets any favors. Especially when we see what Kanter did last night.

As I said last week, this is precisely what got Fisher on bad terms with his vets when he was coach. Hope Fiz improves in that dept.

The Kanter thing is reminding of his fall out with gasol, only kanter is handling it better.

ES
knicks1248
Posts: 37903
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
11/6/2018  11:24 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:Frank played horrible and played only 16 mins in a double over time game. Robinson played 11 mins.

Trier and Kanter who both played well played 41 mins and both overtimes. Vonleh, Herzonia, Dotson, Mudiay all got 30+ mins as they all were producing.

The players that produced played and got mins and the players that didn't sat.

The blaming of rotations is typical sofa coaching.

But he went with UDFA Trier in the starting lineup over Herzonia at SF and Dotson at SG probably just to evaluate. Don't think it was about game planning for the Bulls. Probably how this season is going to go for the most part. So be prepared to be upset going forward because most of the decision made will be about development and evaluation over game planning vs the other team to steal wins.

Frank is 0 for his last 11 attempts down town. He is on a Tim Hardaway jr 2017 level shooting slump these last couple of games. Frank keeps it up Mudiay will eventually take his spot. Weird how he went from playing so well vs the GS and Nets with so much confidence shooting 41% from down town to 0-11 and no confidence.

he has pulled burke out in a few games this yr while he was red hot, like last night

Frank got a ton of minutes last yr, while dotson got nothing until APRIL, and who's the better player this season.

NOLAD, frank played good for 2 of the last 6 games, the 4 he played bad in, was -35 combine. Dude is not ready to be a starter in the NBA, thats not a knock, that's reality.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?season=2018&category=MISC&group=1&sort=2&time=0&pos=0&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=0&opp=0

frank +/- is the worse in the NBA for his minutes..sorry..it's true

ES
newyorknewyork
Posts: 28107
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
11/6/2018  11:30 AM
Kanter lost his job to a young Gobert in Utah. In OKC he came off the bench for Adams getting 20-24mins per even after getting $18-20mil per.

3 difference orgs, but the same conclusions.

newyorknewyork
Posts: 28107
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
11/6/2018  11:36 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Frank played horrible and played only 16 mins in a double over time game. Robinson played 11 mins.

Trier and Kanter who both played well played 41 mins and both overtimes. Vonleh, Herzonia, Dotson, Mudiay all got 30+ mins as they all were producing.

The players that produced played and got mins and the players that didn't sat.

The blaming of rotations is typical sofa coaching.

But he went with UDFA Trier in the starting lineup over Herzonia at SF and Dotson at SG probably just to evaluate. Don't think it was about game planning for the Bulls. Probably how this season is going to go for the most part. So be prepared to be upset going forward because most of the decision made will be about development and evaluation over game planning vs the other team to steal wins.

Frank is 0 for his last 11 attempts down town. He is on a Tim Hardaway jr 2017 level shooting slump these last couple of games. Frank keeps it up Mudiay will eventually take his spot. Weird how he went from playing so well vs the GS and Nets with so much confidence shooting 41% from down town to 0-11 and no confidence.

he has pulled burke out in a few games this yr while he was red hot, like last night

Frank got a ton of minutes last yr, while dotson got nothing until APRIL, and who's the better player this season.

NOLAD, frank played good for 2 of the last 6 games, the 4 he played bad in, was -35 combine. Dude is not ready to be a starter in the NBA, thats not a knock, that's reality.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?season=2018&category=MISC&group=1&sort=2&time=0&pos=0&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=0&opp=0

frank +/- is the worse in the NBA for his minutes..sorry..it's true

Dotson started when Hardaway went down with injury and played horrible. Knicks also had Lee in the fold last season. A lot harder to get Dotson mins on the wing last season compared to this one with Knox and Lee both out with injury.

Coaches go a lot by film and analytics. Frank was apart if 80+% of the Knicks most successful lineups last season. That is why he got consistent mins. Sorry they don't go by the Knicks1248 school of basketball logic.

knicks1248
Posts: 37903
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
11/6/2018  12:58 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Frank played horrible and played only 16 mins in a double over time game. Robinson played 11 mins.

Trier and Kanter who both played well played 41 mins and both overtimes. Vonleh, Herzonia, Dotson, Mudiay all got 30+ mins as they all were producing.

The players that produced played and got mins and the players that didn't sat.

The blaming of rotations is typical sofa coaching.

But he went with UDFA Trier in the starting lineup over Herzonia at SF and Dotson at SG probably just to evaluate. Don't think it was about game planning for the Bulls. Probably how this season is going to go for the most part. So be prepared to be upset going forward because most of the decision made will be about development and evaluation over game planning vs the other team to steal wins.

Frank is 0 for his last 11 attempts down town. He is on a Tim Hardaway jr 2017 level shooting slump these last couple of games. Frank keeps it up Mudiay will eventually take his spot. Weird how he went from playing so well vs the GS and Nets with so much confidence shooting 41% from down town to 0-11 and no confidence.

he has pulled burke out in a few games this yr while he was red hot, like last night

Frank got a ton of minutes last yr, while dotson got nothing until APRIL, and who's the better player this season.

NOLAD, frank played good for 2 of the last 6 games, the 4 he played bad in, was -35 combine. Dude is not ready to be a starter in the NBA, thats not a knock, that's reality.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?season=2018&category=MISC&group=1&sort=2&time=0&pos=0&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=0&opp=0

frank +/- is the worse in the NBA for his minutes..sorry..it's true

Dotson started when Hardaway went down with injury and played horrible. Knicks also had Lee in the fold last season. A lot harder to get Dotson mins on the wing last season compared to this one with Knox and Lee both out with injury.

Coaches go a lot by film and analytics. Frank was apart if 80+% of the Knicks most successful lineups last season. That is why he got consistent mins. Sorry they don't go by the Knicks1248 school of basketball logic.

what does that have to do with right now where he is a -61 on the season.

Yeah frank and Dotson were pretty bad last season, but who's more improved this season.

ES
BigDaddyG
Posts: 26165
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

11/6/2018  1:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2018  2:44 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Fizdale is trying to balance rebuilding, with showing this team how to win. I agree with the objectives Fizdale has shared. Believe his achilles heel is how he deals with vets. Benching Kanter this early, after one bad game, showed up a proud player, who is arguably also the hardest working player on the floor.

If Fizdale wanted to give Mitch more minutes, he could start Kanter and Mitch together, or sub in Robinson for Kanter sooner rather than later. Dont believe Fizdale appreciates that he isnt doing his rep with vets any favors. Especially when we see what Kanter did last night.

As I said last week, this is precisely what got Fisher on bad terms with his vets when he was coach. Hope Fiz improves in that dept.

The Kanter thing is reminding of his fall out with gasol, only kanter is handling it better.


Who cares? Kanter isn't Gasol and he probably won't be here next year.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Posts: 56209
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
11/6/2018  1:06 PM
Rainman1248, nobody denies Frank's struggles. Its that you have no patience that a young guard still growing can improve. Rest of the team is not that good. You can fixate on frank, or what ever but this is a rebuild.
Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
GustavBahler
Posts: 34948
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

11/6/2018  1:14 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Fizdale is trying to balance rebuilding, with showing this team how to win. I agree with the objectives Fizdale has shared. Believe his achilles heel is how he deals with vets. Benching Kanter this early, after one bad game, showed up a proud player, who is arguably also the hardest working player on the floor.

If Fizdale wanted to give Mitch more minutes, he could start Kanter and Mitch together, or sub in Robinson for Kanter sooner rather than later. Dont believe Fizdale appreciates that he isnt doing his rep with vets any favors. Especially when we see what Kanter did last night.

As I said last week, this is precisely what got Fisher on bad terms with his vets when he was coach. Hope Fiz improves in that dept.

The Kanter thing is reminding of his fall out with gasol, only kanter is handling it better.


Who cares? Kanter isn't Gasoline and he probably won't be here next year.

Because its not a good idea to send out the message that you treat the best performing player on your team right now, like a scrub.

BigDaddyG
Posts: 26165
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

11/6/2018  1:31 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Fizdale is trying to balance rebuilding, with showing this team how to win. I agree with the objectives Fizdale has shared. Believe his achilles heel is how he deals with vets. Benching Kanter this early, after one bad game, showed up a proud player, who is arguably also the hardest working player on the floor.

If Fizdale wanted to give Mitch more minutes, he could start Kanter and Mitch together, or sub in Robinson for Kanter sooner rather than later. Dont believe Fizdale appreciates that he isnt doing his rep with vets any favors. Especially when we see what Kanter did last night.

As I said last week, this is precisely what got Fisher on bad terms with his vets when he was coach. Hope Fiz improves in that dept.

The Kanter thing is reminding of his fall out with gasol, only kanter is handling it better.


Who cares? Kanter isn't Gasoline and he probably won't be here next year.

Because its not a good idea to send out the message that you treat the best performing player on your team right now, like a scrub.


Best player might be a stretch. Even if he is, again, who cares? We suck and need to start producing better talent. He's a bench player who's getting plenty of minutes, so he shouldn't be upset. He's no Gasol. If he's unhappy he'll have to improve in D or just deal with it. The coaches on Utah and OKC came to the same conclusion on Kanter, so this shouldn't be a shock.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
technomaster
Posts: 22241
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/30/2003
Member: #426
USA
11/6/2018  1:49 PM
Fiz has probably been told that Kanter isn't part of the future... that is unless Kanter takes a massive pay cut.

Despite his massive production (few players in the league are capable of a 20/20 double-double), the advanced metrics show that his teams are outscored when he's on the floor. Perhaps not directly traceable to him, but he's got that kind of magic to him.

It isn't anything new. The Knicks aren't the first team that he's had a hard time being a regular starter for. He didn't start for most of his tenure with OKC. The style of play in the NBA today (and the rules) aren't really conducive to players that play the big man game. 20-30 years ago, when you could put your hands or body on offensive players (think Charles Oakley), you could be a great defensive player with average quickness/athleticism. Kanter is a throwback who could have been the next Karl Malone if he arrived 30 years ago and the next Al Jefferson if he arrived 10 years earlier. But alas, now players like him can put up big numbers and be considered a minus.

It's a strange world.

But back to Fiz:
First from a GM perspective: The problem in the NBA is that it's very hard to teach players how to win without winning. It's extremely rare, but I think Brad Stevens is the only case in recent years where he was sub-.500 for a couple of years and given a long enough leash to see his teams through to winning. He was 25-57 in his first season, before going 40-42 in year 2, to 48-34 in year 3. Interestingly (and unsurprisingly) he developed players, most of whom ultimately were used as assets in trades. No remorse. Almost no one is left from his first 3 years in the league. (Only Rozier and Smart are the only folks left from 2015-2016)

The players on the team have individual improvement KPIs/goals. The goal really is investing into our players so they're strong assets for trades. Failing that, most of them are basically disposable next summer when we pursue a big free agent. Winning is almost a secondary goal.

Kevin Dolorico | "That was two, two from the heart." - John Starks
knicks1248
Posts: 37903
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
11/6/2018  2:00 PM
Nalod wrote:Rainman1248, nobody denies Frank's struggles. Its that you have no patience that a young guard still growing can improve. Rest of the team is not that good. You can fixate on frank, or what ever but this is a rebuild.

Im not fixated at all on frank, but this is nothing new for FIZ

In Memphis, Fizdale was fired last season mostly because of his poor relationship with Marc Gasol. But GM Chris Wallace, perhaps just desperately searching for another reason, cited the Grizzlies’ inability to close out games.

Under Fizdale, they had won just five of their last 21 games decided by five points or fewer. And that issue continues in New York.

This is about having the right plays called, having the right players in at the right time and fiz has not been good at doing this, and clearly this is not a new trend for him.

ES
newyorknewyork
Posts: 28107
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
11/6/2018  2:02 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Frank played horrible and played only 16 mins in a double over time game. Robinson played 11 mins.

Trier and Kanter who both played well played 41 mins and both overtimes. Vonleh, Herzonia, Dotson, Mudiay all got 30+ mins as they all were producing.

The players that produced played and got mins and the players that didn't sat.

The blaming of rotations is typical sofa coaching.

But he went with UDFA Trier in the starting lineup over Herzonia at SF and Dotson at SG probably just to evaluate. Don't think it was about game planning for the Bulls. Probably how this season is going to go for the most part. So be prepared to be upset going forward because most of the decision made will be about development and evaluation over game planning vs the other team to steal wins.

Frank is 0 for his last 11 attempts down town. He is on a Tim Hardaway jr 2017 level shooting slump these last couple of games. Frank keeps it up Mudiay will eventually take his spot. Weird how he went from playing so well vs the GS and Nets with so much confidence shooting 41% from down town to 0-11 and no confidence.

he has pulled burke out in a few games this yr while he was red hot, like last night

Frank got a ton of minutes last yr, while dotson got nothing until APRIL, and who's the better player this season.

NOLAD, frank played good for 2 of the last 6 games, the 4 he played bad in, was -35 combine. Dude is not ready to be a starter in the NBA, thats not a knock, that's reality.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?season=2018&category=MISC&group=1&sort=2&time=0&pos=0&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=0&opp=0

frank +/- is the worse in the NBA for his minutes..sorry..it's true

Dotson started when Hardaway went down with injury and played horrible. Knicks also had Lee in the fold last season. A lot harder to get Dotson mins on the wing last season compared to this one with Knox and Lee both out with injury.

Coaches go a lot by film and analytics. Frank was apart if 80+% of the Knicks most successful lineups last season. That is why he got consistent mins. Sorry they don't go by the Knicks1248 school of basketball logic.

what does that have to do with right now where he is a -61 on the season.

Yeah frank and Dotson were pretty bad last season, but who's more improved this season.

Bruh, you made the comment about Frank getting mins while Dotson got nothing until April last season. Do you just ramble on without even knowing what you say?

Dotson doesn't have to direct an NBA offense and is a few yrs older. Dotson knows exactly what his game and nitch is. Play defense, rebound the ball, capitalize one his catch and shoot opportunities.

Frank has more on his plate and more to figure out in terms of what his game is offensively. He looked his best vs GS and Nets when the team looked like it had an offensive plan of him dishing off the a big by the 3 point line and then him recollecting the ball in a PNR situation. As well as feeding wings coming off of picks for 3s. It was executed at a high pace and he looked decisive in his actions as if he was following a game plan.

StarksEwing1
Posts: 31030
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/28/2012
Member: #4451

11/6/2018  2:02 PM
Nalod wrote:Rainman1248, nobody denies Frank's struggles. Its that you have no patience that a young guard still growing can improve. Rest of the team is not that good. You can fixate on frank, or what ever but this is a rebuild.
Agreed
GustavBahler
Posts: 34948
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

11/6/2018  2:16 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Fizdale is trying to balance rebuilding, with showing this team how to win. I agree with the objectives Fizdale has shared. Believe his achilles heel is how he deals with vets. Benching Kanter this early, after one bad game, showed up a proud player, who is arguably also the hardest working player on the floor.

If Fizdale wanted to give Mitch more minutes, he could start Kanter and Mitch together, or sub in Robinson for Kanter sooner rather than later. Dont believe Fizdale appreciates that he isnt doing his rep with vets any favors. Especially when we see what Kanter did last night.

As I said last week, this is precisely what got Fisher on bad terms with his vets when he was coach. Hope Fiz improves in that dept.

The Kanter thing is reminding of his fall out with gasol, only kanter is handling it better.


Who cares? Kanter isn't Gasoline and he probably won't be here next year.

Because its not a good idea to send out the message that you treat the best performing player on your team right now, like a scrub.


Best player might be a stretch. Even if he is, again, who cares? We suck and need to start producing better talent. He's a bench player who's getting plenty of minutes, so he shouldn't be upset. He's no Gasol. If he's unhappy he'll have to improve in D or just deal with it. The coaches on Utah and OKC came to the same conclusion on Kanter, so this shouldn't be a shock.

Kanter has gotten better at every stop.

I will try again. Benching your best performing player, just a few games into the season, for a 2nd round draft pick, who hasnt played organized ball for a year, was disrespectful.

Players, free agents (who arent named Durant) will have a good reason to wonder if that could happen to them in NY, when another rookie comes along.

Fizdale kept talking about players earning the starting job. Frank didnt earn it, hasnt played consistently enough to show that he should keep it. Yet there he is. Its a fine line beteeen rebuilding, and another standard for some players.

This could have been avoided if Kanter and Robinson started together. But Fizdale seems to be sending a message to Kanter. Doesnt need to be Gasol to be treatded with respect. Been a great team player, positive influence, and a hard worker. Thats not someone a coach should be disssing with a benching. After one bad game against his coach's old team.

martin
Posts: 47795
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
11/6/2018  2:30 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Fizdale is trying to balance rebuilding, with showing this team how to win. I agree with the objectives Fizdale has shared. Believe his achilles heel is how he deals with vets. Benching Kanter this early, after one bad game, showed up a proud player, who is arguably also the hardest working player on the floor.

If Fizdale wanted to give Mitch more minutes, he could start Kanter and Mitch together, or sub in Robinson for Kanter sooner rather than later. Dont believe Fizdale appreciates that he isnt doing his rep with vets any favors. Especially when we see what Kanter did last night.

As I said last week, this is precisely what got Fisher on bad terms with his vets when he was coach. Hope Fiz improves in that dept.

The Kanter thing is reminding of his fall out with gasol, only kanter is handling it better.


Who cares? Kanter isn't Gasoline and he probably won't be here next year.

Because its not a good idea to send out the message that you treat the best performing player on your team right now, like a scrub.


Best player might be a stretch. Even if he is, again, who cares? We suck and need to start producing better talent. He's a bench player who's getting plenty of minutes, so he shouldn't be upset. He's no Gasol. If he's unhappy he'll have to improve in D or just deal with it. The coaches on Utah and OKC came to the same conclusion on Kanter, so this shouldn't be a shock.

Kanter has gotten better at every stop.

I will try again. Benching your best performing player, just a few games into the season, for a 2nd round draft pick, who hasnt played organized ball for a year, was disrespectful.

Players, free agents (who arent named Durant) will have a good reason to wonder if that could happen to them in NY, when another rookie comes along.

Fizdale kept talking about players earning the starting job. Frank didnt earn it, hasnt played consistently enough to show that he should keep it. Yet there he is. Its a fine line beteeen rebuilding, and another standard for some players.

This could have been avoided if Kanter and Robinson started together. But Fizdale seems to be sending a message to Kanter. Doesnt need to be Gasol to be treatded with respect. Been a great team player, positive influence, and a hard worker. Thats not someone a coach should be disssing with a benching. After one bad game against his coach's old team.

You need to peer through the looking glass with the DEFENSE filter. Might answer your questions.

You drone on about Kanter and his performance and NEVER for one take into consideration defense.

Try it out.

Over and over and over again posters mention Kanter and his lack or defense as a pretty valid for the way Kanter has been handled, not to mention the realities of the rebuild situation, and yet you seem to gloss over all of those points.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Posts: 37903
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
11/6/2018  2:32 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Fizdale is trying to balance rebuilding, with showing this team how to win. I agree with the objectives Fizdale has shared. Believe his achilles heel is how he deals with vets. Benching Kanter this early, after one bad game, showed up a proud player, who is arguably also the hardest working player on the floor.

If Fizdale wanted to give Mitch more minutes, he could start Kanter and Mitch together, or sub in Robinson for Kanter sooner rather than later. Dont believe Fizdale appreciates that he isnt doing his rep with vets any favors. Especially when we see what Kanter did last night.

As I said last week, this is precisely what got Fisher on bad terms with his vets when he was coach. Hope Fiz improves in that dept.

The Kanter thing is reminding of his fall out with gasol, only kanter is handling it better.


Who cares? Kanter isn't Gasoline and he probably won't be here next year.

Because its not a good idea to send out the message that you treat the best performing player on your team right now, like a scrub.


Best player might be a stretch. Even if he is, again, who cares? We suck and need to start producing better talent. He's a bench player who's getting plenty of minutes, so he shouldn't be upset. He's no Gasol. If he's unhappy he'll have to improve in D or just deal with it. The coaches on Utah and OKC came to the same conclusion on Kanter, so this shouldn't be a shock.

Kanter has gotten better at every stop.

I will try again. Benching your best performing player, just a few games into the season, for a 2nd round draft pick, who hasnt played organized ball for a year, was disrespectful.

Players, free agents (who arent named Durant) will have a good reason to wonder if that could happen to them in NY, when another rookie comes along.

Fizdale kept talking about players earning the starting job. Frank didnt earn it, hasnt played consistently enough to show that he should keep it. Yet there he is. Its a fine line beteeen rebuilding, and another standard for some players.

This could have been avoided if Kanter and Robinson started together. But Fizdale seems to be sending a message to Kanter. Doesnt need to be Gasol to be treatded with respect. Been a great team player, positive influence, and a hard worker. Thats not someone a coach should be disssing with a benching. After one bad game against his coach's old team.

Exactly


I think he finally saw enough last night and benched him mid way through the 3rd qtrs never to return.

ES

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.