[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Thoughts on Trier
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/6/2018  11:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Treir may end up being rookie of R.O.Y with the kind of rope fiz has given him.

Love the confidence Fiz is showing in Iso-Zo, but he's not getting the minutes nor is he polished enough to beat out Trae Young, Luca or Ayton who are top 3 in the rookie of the year running. However, I think Zo definitely has a chance to make 1st or more than likely, 2nd team all rookie team....

AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
11/7/2018  12:56 AM
Love the topic....love the player.....Always a fan of most U of A players, since I used to live there. When I asked my boy from AZ about Trier, he said lots of negative things like undersized chucker.

After watching clips in college, it was clear he had offensive skills to score the ball......When I heard he was doing chase down blocks in practice and summer league......I was hooked.

Perfect storm....Undrafted hungry rookie with a chip on his shoulder. Fitz a young, bold style of coaching and not afraid to go against the norm that we usually see in big market places. Win now mode.

Fitz figured out the secret formula.....How to keep your fan base engaged and ticket sales high while tanking for a high lottery pick. Too bad he's a year too late with the new lottery system.

Trier reminds me of Starks, who's my favorite Knick. Underdogs who bring it ever night and competes on BOTH ends. Gotta luv Trier being a knick. He's only scratching the surface....Just wait til he gets stronger. Take those offical NBA drugs.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/7/2018  1:25 AM
blkexec wrote:Love the topic....love the player.....Always a fan of most U of A players, since I used to live there. When I asked my boy from AZ about Trier, he said lots of negative things like undersized chucker.

After watching clips in college, it was clear he had offensive skills to score the ball......When I heard he was doing chase down blocks in practice and summer league......I was hooked.

Perfect storm....Undrafted hungry rookie with a chip on his shoulder. Fitz a young, bold style of coaching and not afraid to go against the norm that we usually see in big market places. Win now mode.

Fitz figured out the secret formula.....How to keep your fan base engaged and ticket sales high while tanking for a high lottery pick. Too bad he's a year too late with the new lottery system.

Trier reminds me of Starks, who's my favorite Knick. Underdogs who bring it ever night and competes on BOTH ends. Gotta luv Trier being a knick. He's only scratching the surface....Just wait til he gets stronger. Take those offical NBA drugs.

Didn't care for his game during preseason when we saw him but the dude is growing on me. Just comes with fire on both sides that you can't deny, so much so that I can overlook the obvious flaws and think he has some great potential to grow into a complete player for the Knicks.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/7/2018  8:33 AM
Uptown wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Treir may end up being rookie of R.O.Y with the kind of rope fiz has given him.

Love the confidence Fiz is showing in Iso-Zo, but he's not getting the minutes nor is he polished enough to beat out Trae Young, Luca or Ayton who are top 3 in the rookie of the year running. However, I think Zo definitely has a chance to make 1st or more than likely, 2nd team all rookie team....

You Definitely have a point, but if we win our fair share of games he can be in the running's. I think he really has to get his assist up, 1.1 ast per game is not going to cut it.

ES
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/7/2018  8:53 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

You Definitely have a point, but if we win our fair share of games he can be in the running's. I think he really has to get his assist up, 1.1 ast per game is not going to cut it.

I have a feeling we will see him more and more as the lead ball handler so i think he eventually will. He is getting his feet wet and will start to round out his game as the year progresses.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/7/2018  9:28 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I don’t know Zo outplayed Luca and I’m sure he’ll outplay trae tonight. Ayton has been a disappointment on defense 5 blocks all season so far! If fiz keeps giving him minutes he has a real shot at winning ROY especially if Timmy goes out with the injury bug for long periods this year.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/7/2018  9:38 AM
This guy is shooting 50/40/90 ( almost). That's insane for a rookie. This guy plays d as well. I don't even know what to say. An absolute steal
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Uptown

11/7/2018  9:57 AM
ramtour420 wrote:This guy is shooting 50/40/90 ( almost). That's insane for a rookie. This guy plays d as well. I don't even know what to say. An absolute steal

Those numbers are usually reserved for great players, not undrafted rooks!!! Would like to see him curl off screens for open looks every now and then. He works too hard for his points...

Uptown

11/7/2018  10:01 AM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I have a feeling we will see him more and more as the lead ball handler so i think he eventually will. He is getting his feet wet and will start to round out his game as the year progresses.

I was thinking about this and wouldn't be shocked if Fiz turns him into a lead guard, similar to what D'Antoni did with Harden....

Knixkik
USA
11/7/2018  10:07 AM
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I was thinking about this and wouldn't be shocked if Fiz turns him into a lead guard, similar to what D'Antoni did with Harden....

Yeah i wouldn't rule something like that out. It's positionless basketball and it works as long as others can contribute in playmaking as he still isn't a pure PG.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/7/2018  10:09 AM
blkexec wrote:Love the topic....love the player.....Always a fan of most U of A players, since I used to live there. When I asked my boy from AZ about Trier, he said lots of negative things like undersized chucker.

Trier has an edge to him like Starks, but he doesnt seem to be the type to go off the rails like Starks used to.

The most encouraging development Ive seen is Trier looking to set up his teammates more. He was given the green light by Fizdale to go ISO ZO, but he's not limiting himself to just instant offense. Thats what will give Trier a shot at starting, down the road.

Knixkik
USA
11/7/2018  10:12 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I don’t know Zo outplayed Luca and I’m sure he’ll outplay trae tonight. Ayton has been a disappointment on defense 5 blocks all season so far! If fiz keeps giving him minutes he has a real shot at winning ROY especially if Timmy goes out with the injury bug for long periods this year.

ROTY is all about numbers so Ayton, Doncic, or Young will win. But impact on winning is most important, just not for the award. Ayton can put up numbers, but we knew he was only good on one side of the ball. Same can be said about Doncic and Young. None are showing 2-way star ability. Trier has some defensive update for sure. This is why there was no definite franchise player in this draft. Knox, Trier, and Robinson are all top 15 rookies for sure, and if they each develop into 2-way players they can all finish in the top 10 in this draft as far as overall best players. Not saying they will, but the upside is there. Just amazing how well we did in this draft. These are the type of drafts you look back on and can pinpoint exactly where things turned for a franchise.
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/7/2018  10:21 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Yeah i wouldn't rule something like that out. It's positionless basketball and it works as long as others can contribute in playmaking as he still isn't a pure PG.

I sure as **** hope that if they use him as a lead ball carrier we'll be prepared for the double team better. We did not exploit that, and we were not prepared for that

(5)(5)
knicks1248
11/7/2018  10:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2018  10:32 AM
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Yeah but harden has always been a good passer, and anyone handling the Ball in MDA's offensive system is going to have a good amount off assist just by design.

Fiz hasn't put the right mix on the floor, so even when trier passes the ball, guys are bricking shots, or not even taking them at all (and I don't mean just frank).

When trier is in there with Mario, Burke, kanter, Dotson, or knox, he has more space, But when you have frank, Noah, Mitch, dotson, the defense is going to trap him, and thats what the BULLs did

ES
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/7/2018  10:42 AM
Uptown wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:This guy is shooting 50/40/90 ( almost). That's insane for a rookie. This guy plays d as well. I don't even know what to say. An absolute steal

Those numbers are usually reserved for great players, not undrafted rooks!!! Would like to see him curl off screens for open looks every now and then. He works too hard for his points...

Yeah that's what's crazy. Players who put up those numbers are all HOF. Or future HOF. He is doing it right off the gate. I suppose the difference will be whether he continues to improve on D and if he can do it within a team concept. Add 4-5 assists to that and sky is the limit

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/7/2018  11:34 AM
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I think you are right. His ball handling reminds me of Harden. He needs to work a bit on his passing but I definitely could see him in that role. I would love to see him as the primary ball handler surrounded by shooters.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/7/2018  12:39 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I think you are right. His ball handling reminds me of Harden. He needs to work a bit on his passing but I definitely could see him in that role. I would love to see him as the primary ball handler surrounded by shooters.

it's an interesting idea for sure. Other team would have to keep all their eyes on Trier and stop the ball, because if they don't he will definitely put pressure on the D.

(5)(5)
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

11/7/2018  1:24 PM
Chandler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I sure as **** hope that if they use him as a lead ball carrier we'll be prepared for the double team better. We did not exploit that, and we were not prepared for that

At that point, we needed a relentless chucker(Tim) in the lineup. Only a knee to the back kept him from his appointed rounds. NEW LINEUP:

Trier - Lead guard
THJ - Shooting guard
Knox/Dotson/Mario SF
Vonleh/Mitch PF
Kanter/Mitch C

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/7/2018  2:50 PM
I'm definitely okay with him being on the court at the end of a game
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
knicks1248
11/7/2018  3:39 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I'm definitely okay with him being on the court at the end of a game

Im not ok with him running the point yet

ES
Thoughts on Trier

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy