[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Back home for second half of back-to-back, v Chicago 730
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/6/2018  2:31 AM
Right now, Fiz’s coaching seems like a video game you are starting to play and are still locked off certain elements because you are still in one of the first levels. Is it the tank? Right now it seems a competent offensive playbook is out of our reach, and it is either a great strategy to see what you have from your own young team, or a worrisome trend that might come back to haunt us in the future.

And it might be starting to affect players. The last two games in particular, the offense has been brutal. Pathetic, honestly. The fact we have kept close speaks for our fighting nature as much as of the terrible level of the opponent.

And then, the really sucky part of rebuilding begins. This is the part that could start to break a young player: trying so hard and have it constantly turn into an L. We might like it for the draft, but they will get more and more frustrated. And it sucks because they are a good young bunch. But so far, half of their losses have been due to their inexperience, but a worrisome other half is due to a really lacking offensive gameplan.

I know we are a bad team and we did what we should, which is to lose. But this might feel like the first true game we should’ve won considering how bad the Bulls are and how inspiring, even in defeat, we have played. This one was a lost chance. We won’t get many chances during the season to give this young crew a taste of victory and tonight not only the players sucked, but coaching did so as well. Unless it’s part of the plan, which would still make little sense.

Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/6/2018  2:36 AM
Oh, and yes, Frank is really raw and young, but it is starting to get worrisome how he can’t seem to shake off his tentative play and doesn’t seem to know what the heck to do out there. He might benefit from set plays to get him organized, but doesn’t seem like it’s part of the plan. His play has been putrid the last two games and the worst part is that it’s not like he has just sucked, but he simply doesn’t look like he knows what to do out there. And those keys to the starting lineup might not last if this continues. He can have off games, but it has looked more problematic than that.
Knicks_Fan
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
11/6/2018  3:47 AM
Much as wins are tempting, sometimes you just have to lie back and take one for the tank
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/6/2018  6:04 AM
The team was awful last night. A home game against the Bulls should be a win. That was embarrassing
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/6/2018  6:30 AM
Knixkik wrote:At least Trier stepped up as the game went late. He's the real deal. LaVine was the best player on the floor and took over the game, but Trier is learning how to handle the pressure of being a go-to-guy and after taking his lumps early, he responded.

He was impressive. As much of a isolation player as he is, I still like him because that actually is his role and he clearly cares for the team and his teammates at this point in his career. As long as he doesn't become me first and continues to play defense, I will root for this kid to be one of our closers.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/6/2018  6:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2018  6:33 AM
1) I said it before and I will say it again. Frank can be really good starting Wednesday if he wants. He has all of thw tools besides a consistent jumpshot. With that said, if he never develops even a little more confidence, then he will never be good. He needs to develop some. He also all too frequently acts like he’s not sure what to do. Time will tell.

2) I like how Trier rose from the dead.

3) I am warming up to Mudiay.

4) Can’t wait for Knox to solidify himself.

5) Enes needs to start. It’s only fair and right especially after MRs sheot show last night. Mitchell hasn’t earned a thing and Enes deserves everything he is given at this point. It’s not like Enes is some old dude who lost his use. Kind of like David Lee vs Antonio Davis back in the day. If Enes keeps having a great season off the bench while MR keeps being lost out there... then we deserve to lose Enes to a contender offering him great money, which he deserves.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/6/2018  7:03 AM
The one constant is this very young team will be inconsistent.
Fiz is still trying things out.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/6/2018  7:24 AM
Nalod wrote:The one constant is this very young team will be inconsistent.

absolutely.

all the very young guys are getting pt. for the most part we're competitive and scrappy out there. we're chalking up lottery balls.

of course we'd all feel much better if frank above all were more consistent. imo it will take years for him. i'm still operating on the chauncey model with him, hopefully a little accelerated. it took chauncey till year 6 at 26 years old to pull it all together and consistently play at the next level. it was also for his 5th team. i hope we're in it for the long haul with frank. he can look totally lost out there right now but he's also looked great. he's got a lot to work on and now's the time to do it.

Nalod
USA
11/6/2018  7:49 AM
Marv wrote:

absolutely.

all the very young guys are getting pt. for the most part we're competitive and scrappy out there. we're chalking up lottery balls.

of course we'd all feel much better if frank above all were more consistent. imo it will take years for him. i'm still operating on the chauncey model with him, hopefully a little accelerated. it took chauncey till year 6 at 26 years old to pull it all together and consistently play at the next level. it was also for his 5th team. i hope we're in it for the long haul with frank. he can look totally lost out there right now but he's also looked great. he's got a lot to work on and now's the time to do it.

By year 6 if still a knick he would be on his 4th coach, and 3rd GM!
It might be evident that Frank, Like Chauns in his maturation needs to be on a good team to utilize his skills. Basically last night we were without three cornerstone players- KP, Knox and Timmy. I’m not obsolving Frank as he has to hit his open shots but that Trier was awful until late as was most of the team.

Bulls paying Lavigne Timmy type Money. Suppose we think we the only team that overpays for its players? That’s the market I reckon.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/6/2018  8:00 AM
Nalod wrote:
Marv wrote:

absolutely.

It might be evident that Frank, Like Chauns in his maturation needs to be on a good team to utilize his skills. Basically last night we were without three cornerstone players- KP, Knox and Timmy. I’m not obsolving Frank as he has to hit his open shots but that Trier was awful until late as was most of the team.

Bulls paying Lavigne Timmy type Money. Suppose we think we the only team that overpays for its players? That’s the market I reckon.

yes, the return of forever young larry brown. the plan's coming together!

Allanfan20
USA
11/6/2018  8:01 AM
Nalod wrote:
Marv wrote:

absolutely.

That’s why I was impressed by Trier. He played terrible most of the first 3 quarters but he managed to wake up and put it together so much that the coach could not take him out for the rest of a very long game. That goes a long way in the maturation process. Just because you play terrible in quarter 1-3 doesn’t mean you can’t play bad in quarter 4 if you get a chance. With that said, it goes vice versa as well and he and the other youthier people will have to learn that too.

This whole season and definitely next season is going to be all about learning these freaking lessons.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/6/2018  9:36 AM
Fiz was ask if the last second play that saw Kanter hoist up a 42 foot 3 point attempt was what he drew up.

He said kanter was our 3rd option because he was one of our better bigs who can shoot from there...Wow

Kanter has taken maybe 2 3's on the season, both were to beat the shot clock

ES
Allanfan20
USA
11/6/2018  9:57 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Fiz was ask if the last second play that saw Kanter hoist up a 42 foot 3 point attempt was what he drew up.

He said kanter was our 3rd option because he was one of our better bigs who can shoot from there...Wow

Correct but when throwing downcourt and you only have 1 shot to get it down, he’s at least a big target who is not going to be a guarantee to miss. It’s either that or throw to someone being covered. Pretty basic stuff.

Nalod
USA
11/6/2018  10:23 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Fiz was ask if the last second play that saw Kanter hoist up a 42 foot 3 point attempt was what he drew up.

Third option. 5 players. one is taking the ball out. Do you not understand what "option" is?
It can be dictated by the defense also.
I was surprised actually what a good look it was. The coach put the team in a position to win. You saw the time on the clock? You understand the low % shot it was.
Kobe the greatest clutch assassin succeeded just 33% of game ending shots.

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/6/2018  2:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2018  2:18 PM
Nalod wrote:

Third option. 5 players. one is taking the ball out. Do you not understand what "option" is?
I was surprised actually what a good look it was. The coach put the team in a position to win. You saw the time on the clock? You understand the low % shot it was.

You know why Kanter was so open, nobody in there right mind gave him more than a 1% chance of making that shot.

Why not have your 4 best shooters in the game, i could understand if we're under the basket.

ES
Nalod
USA
11/6/2018  3:21 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

You know why Kanter was so open, nobody in there right mind gave him more than a 1% chance of making that shot.

Why not have your 4 best shooters in the game, i could understand if we're under the basket.

I suppose we don't know option 1 and 2.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/6/2018  4:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2018  4:22 PM
What is incredible is Mudiay's shot (form) is virtually the same shot he came into the league with and he continues to do the same things around the rim.

I am (or was) a Mudiay guy (much prefer him over Burke) but he scored 16 last night on 16 shots and had 2 assists & 2 TO's --- he was +11 though.

He is clearly our best penetrating PG and our best passing PG but his complete lack of a jump-shot completely collapses the D and shrinks passing lanes to a large degree.

Hoping Manny can keep improving but by I really would like to see Frankie take the bull by the damn horns.

Maybe more than his jump shot -- Frank needs to be able to finish under duress at the basket --- right now if there is any pressure he folds/fails and his lack of confidence around the rim is a major reason why he is hesitant to drive the ball.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/7/2018  9:15 AM
Jmpasq wrote:The team was awful last night. A home game against the Bulls should be a win. That was embarrassing
until the end of the year when they win and hurt their lottery position and you call that embarrassing
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GameThread: Back home for second half of back-to-back, v Chicago 730

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy