[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: 6pm at Wiz
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

11/5/2018  10:54 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:We have no offense, Frank should not be taking this many threes

Love how folks go from Frank isn't aggressive enough to Frank shouldn't be shooting - up to 2 games ago he was shooting 40% from 3.

Frank is going to be a work in progress and IMO needs to shoot every open 3 he has.

IMO - we need to get guys like Burke/Lance off the floor and give more minutes to Mario who at least has great skill and solid size.

Also - refs really putting guys like Vonleh, Frank and Mitch very quick whistles. NO RESPECT

This. Did Frank brick his shots in the 4th...Yes. Should he have taken those? Absolutely.
Thing that hurt us the most was Vonleh in foul trouble. Then when Timmy went out, everyone realized how much his offense has kept I=us in games. However, its not exactly a deep riddle. Our record shows we are not very good, yet. Nor do we have enough talent on the floor to win, yet.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/5/2018  10:56 AM
Meanwhile the attacking downhill PG many of us wanted Knicks to draft (Collin Sexton) is being criticized privately by his veteran teammates because he can't defend pick / roll (which Frank is elite at) and he has no court vision --- doesn't create/pass the rock.

Avg 2 assists and 2 TO's.

Just saying Frank is fine --- IMO if guys like Knox/KP/Timmy/Trier/FA can put the ball in the bucket/handle the rock than guys like Frank/Mitch who are defensive 1st players will be better fits anyway.

You bring in a guy like Kemba and our other scorers will lose touches/buckets -- it's just what happens.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/5/2018  11:01 AM
Missed the game last night. Watching it now. The defensive intensity is there for the FizKids though a little helter skelter. THJr not getting the calls. The layup where he got hurt is pathetic. How can you not call a foul on that. I saw 3 guys fouling him. Frank had some nice passes for dimes but Thomas can't finish. Mitch is fun to watch.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/5/2018  11:11 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Kemet wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:If Frank refuses or can't make the shot, bring in Mario to run point forward.

We have 4 point guards

we have guards, they are not pg's

Didn't you anoint Mudiay as a PG earlier today?

I said he is our best passer in transition

Take franks defense, burkes scoring ability and Mudiay's passing, put those skill into one player and get rid of all of them

they arent getting rid of frank. His defense alone is important no matter what his ceiling ends up being

Frank is the one that started the come back charge in the 2nd half of the game

Wrong. He went out down 6. Team got down 11 and came back to tie. Without Frank. Frank came back in the 4th and the Wiz went on to blow us out.

Frank bucket cut it to 4 with 7:30 left in 3rd (closest we were since 1st quarter). Next possession Frank's 4th foul (extremely weak call) leaves game --- at 3:30 mark of third we are down 13.

Knicks fight all the way back to tie and Frank returns down 4 in mid 4th -- leaves game down 10 with 4 mins left.

Biggest take away for me were the quick whistles early that put Vonleh, Frank and Mitch in early foul trouble.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/5/2018  11:14 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Meanwhile the attacking downhill PG many of us wanted Knicks to draft (Collin Sexton) is being criticized privately by his veteran teammates because he can't defend pick / roll (which Frank is elite at) and he has no court vision --- doesn't create/pass the rock.

Avg 2 assists and 2 TO's.

Just saying Frank is fine --- IMO if guys like Knox/KP/Timmy/Trier/FA can put the ball in the bucket/handle the rock than guys like Frank/Mitch who are defensive 1st players will be better fits anyway.

You bring in a guy like Kemba and our other scorers will lose touches/buckets -- it's just what happens.

If Frank cant play like an attacking downhill PG at times, enough to space the floor, then at some point we'll need to find a starter who will, and bring Frank off the bench.

Its what Fizdale needs to run his system effectively. While Fizdale has talked about not labeling players, he hasnt hid the fact that he wants Frank to drive a lot more.

Lots of talent on this team to develop. KP coming back eventually. Free Agency approaching, the draft.

Perry/Mills/Fizdale are going to have to decide on how long they want to wait on Frank to play like a starter. Consistent.

If this is more or less what we will see from Frank this season (IDK myself) then that decision will probably be made in the offseason.

Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/5/2018  11:21 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Kemet wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:If Frank refuses or can't make the shot, bring in Mario to run point forward.

We have 4 point guards

Take franks defense, burkes scoring ability and Mudiay's passing, put those skill into one player and get rid of all of them

they arent getting rid of frank. His defense alone is important no matter what his ceiling ends up being

Wrong. He went out down 6. Team got down 11 and came back to tie. Without Frank. Frank came back in the 4th and the Wiz went on to blow us out.

Frank bucket cut it to 4 with 7:30 left in 3rd (closest we were since 1st quarter). Next possession Frank's 4th foul (extremely weak call) leaves game --- at 3:30 mark of third we are down 13.

Knicks fight all the way back to tie and Frank returns down 4 in mid 4th -- leaves game down 10 with 4 mins left.

Biggest take away for me were the quick whistles early that put Vonleh, Frank and Mitch in early foul trouble.

I agree re quick whistles. Shows up in box score re FT disparity. Guys will need to buckle down on that and still play hard D even if refs are effectively forcing you to play with one hand tied behind your back

I also thought there were a lot of turnovers on very feeble, sloppy passes. My own sense is that the team still doesn't have an offensive identity or now what they want to do past their first option, and thus the non-purposeful passing.

Frank had a down game. He's overthinking on whether to shoot. He just needs to know to let it rip. ANd he needs to use his size more. He has a nice touch. Needs to develop his version of a push shot when he gets into the paint.

Is Trier the steal of the draft? Very tough
And Dot had another good game (at least first half)

(5)(5)
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

11/5/2018  11:35 AM
Sangfroid wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Get Burke out please, her isn't in the flow of the game

What are you talking about...offensively he is keeping us in it...if you are talking about that defensive play, that was on him and Kanter.

This unit has little defense, Burke and Kanter are the worst

The problem is they played together in Utah and the league has a solid scouting book on the pair already.

Any non Knicks team with even a mediocre pick and roll will steamroll the Knicks with both of them on the floor together.

Guys should take a good hard look at John Wall. Rumors that won't die keep saying the Wizards want to badly unload Wall and have made some early offers to the Knicks. Contract is ugly but Wall/Zinger will get this team to the playoffs every year assuming health.

Doesn't he have one of those super max deals? He's gonna make an average of 41 mil a year, for 3 years. Too rich for my blood.

Wall's contract is a lot easier to move today than it will a year from now.

The prevailing argument is the Knicks are a "cash rich" team better suited to pay the luxury/repeater tax bill and they aren't going to attract an All Star anyway with their open cap space. The compensation would formulate into a "token" trade. Where the Knicks would send phantom picks. A phantom pick is a pick so heavily protected, it's really just saying two 2nd round picks instead of a first round pick. But when the trade is announced, saying a first round pick, or two of them, simply helps the perception side of the deal.

Do I think the Knicks should make this kind of deal? No on a surface level. But I can see why both teams would think hard on it.

If the Wizards only wanted basically expiring deals for Wall, that's pretty complicated. He's not an elite player, but he's not a bad player. He's not an average player. He has clear flaws to his game. It's easy to say don't do this right now, but the Knicks have been losing for a while now. They also have to weigh out losing Zinger if they don't start winning or look like they are swinging upwards. Many of these decisions end up being marketing based instead of pure resource management based.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/5/2018  12:30 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Kemet wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

We have 4 point guards

If you want to get technical it was 5 when Mudiay came in. Frank fouled Wall. who made 2 foul shots but Frank went our after his first shot. Point was more to show that suggestion Frank started a charge may be a bit overshadowing the fact he came in down 4 and did not make much of a difference. He was also a minus 13 for the game. Did not think Mudiay played well but he was on the floor when the Knicks cut a 12 point lead to tie. Either way, semantics. We just did not have a very good game all around.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
GameThread: 6pm at Wiz

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy