Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Two starters and the sixth man in one draft class is pretty impressive. One or both of Dotson and Frank will be starting and the other will be in the rotation from the previous draft class. What is turning out to be a really good restricted free agent signing at the 2 guard spot and Porzingis coming back has the Knicks set up really well. Management and a coaching staff on the same page. The big picture is looking really good.
Yes i really like our Front Office. However I gotta be fair and give kudos to phil/gaines for their drafts as well. All draft picks have been or will be key pieces going forward.

This team is close, striking gold with this draft has fast forward this rebuild. I wouldn’t be surprised if we sneak into the playoffs this year if we stay healthy.

Next year we could be contending!

As much hype there is around Durant, I want Leonard his defense is unreal and would turn us into the number one defensive squad in the NBA.

Fuck it, aim for BOTH. Pump up THJr's value and see what kind of pressure Leonard can put on for a sign and trade while Durant moves in with the cap space

Lol with today’s nba players anything is possible!

Thjr is playing great basketball , if he stays healthy he’s a all star, I’d be hesitant to trade him.

I’m really excited to see Knox get back, he is a amazing talent, steal of the lottery.

Robinson looks like the steal of the draft so far, kid has superstar talent.

Trier is the steal of the year, man that kid can ball! Could he be the first undrafted rookie of the year?

Yeah I am interested to see this whole core group together. Porzingis, knox, Robinson, hardaway, trier, ntilikina, and Dotson. If Durant wants to come, great. If he doesn’t I wouldn’t be opposed to a big Rozier contract who is a good 2way player at age 24. But I’m okay with this group growing together.

Dot, THJr, Frank, Trier, Lee... why even think about Rozier?

I think some team overpays for Rozier. He turned down a Celtics extension and I have heard speculation that it is because he wants to be the man not Kyrie's backup. I believe he is looking for a deal that pays him 18-20 mil a year. I like him as a player and would not be upset if the Knicks got him in free agency but that is a lot of money.

It’s unknown what an overpay will be. Take a look at his playoff numbers from last year. He is a really good 2way guard in a league where there’s not many.

Rozier 2-way? Offensive side of things leaves a lot to be desired

I don’t disagree. Just saying he’s shown signs and is still young.

Rozier is the type of FA we should be going after...He's 24 and fits the age profile of the team...He showed and proved that he can lead a team on a deep playoff run....He averaged 16, 6 and 5. He's practicing and competing with a championship caliber team everyday, so he could serve as a mentor to some of our guys in terms of the work and commitment it will take to be elite...I feel like he's ready to break out, just needs the minutes.

Agreed. He had to be a target if we don’t land one of the top guys. He fits the plan.

What plan? You don’t sign non 2-way players to big contracts

Why is he not 2way. He’s great defensiveiy and improving offensively. He can shoot now and has improved as a playmaker. Was the leader of the team in playoffs last year. Not a great sample size but not small either. He still has borderline star potential. Why not sign a guy who can grow with the core?

Frank Trier Lee THJr Dot are all under contract.

Unless Rosier is signed to a min deal his contract will prevent you from signing an actual impact player.

KD and Anthony Davis, imo, should be our top two FA priorities....If we strike out on KD which is a high probability, I wouldn't mind waiting it out for Davis the following summer....However, I wouldn't mind if management decides to take a look at Rozier but I definitely dont want to blow the bank on him....If he will come on a discounted rate but with a promise to compete for a starting spot that he will never get in Boston, why not listen?

Before this could happen, or course we need to move Lee's contract...As of right now, its looking like Burke is being fazed out, and Mudiay is probably gone this summer, so the only pg we will have on the roster is Frank. Any interest in Rozier will come down to our coaching staff's evaluation of Frank and is he the answer as out future pg? If not, how much better is Rozeir than Frank (Rozier is better IMO), can Fiz continue to develop Rozier and can he lead a team on a deep playoff run?

Hahah.....chicken crap might be a overstatement. But Utah overachieved bigtime last year.

They did

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/4/2018  5:44 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Two starters and the sixth man in one draft class is pretty impressive. One or both of Dotson and Frank will be starting and the other will be in the rotation from the previous draft class. What is turning out to be a really good restricted free agent signing at the 2 guard spot and Porzingis coming back has the Knicks set up really well. Management and a coaching staff on the same page. The big picture is looking really good.
Yes i really like our Front Office. However I gotta be fair and give kudos to phil/gaines for their drafts as well. All draft picks have been or will be key pieces going forward.

This team is close, striking gold with this draft has fast forward this rebuild. I wouldn’t be surprised if we sneak into the playoffs this year if we stay healthy.

As much hype there is around Durant, I want Leonard his defense is unreal and would turn us into the number one defensive squad in the NBA.

Fuck it, aim for BOTH. Pump up THJr's value and see what kind of pressure Leonard can put on for a sign and trade while Durant moves in with the cap space

Thjr is playing great basketball , if he stays healthy he’s a all star, I’d be hesitant to trade him.

I’m really excited to see Knox get back, he is a amazing talent, steal of the lottery.

Trier is the steal of the year, man that kid can ball! Could he be the first undrafted rookie of the year?

Yeah I am interested to see this whole core group together. Porzingis, knox, Robinson, hardaway, trier, ntilikina, and Dotson. If Durant wants to come, great. If he doesn’t I wouldn’t be opposed to a big Rozier contract who is a good 2way player at age 24. But I’m okay with this group growing together.

I think some team overpays for Rozier. He turned down a Celtics extension and I have heard speculation that it is because he wants to be the man not Kyrie's backup. I believe he is looking for a deal that pays him 18-20 mil a year. I like him as a player and would not be upset if the Knicks got him in free agency but that is a lot of money.

It’s unknown what an overpay will be. Take a look at his playoff numbers from last year. He is a really good 2way guard in a league where there’s not many.

Rozier is the type of FA we should be going after...He's 24 and fits the age profile of the team...He showed and proved that he can lead a team on a deep playoff run....He averaged 16, 6 and 5. He's practicing and competing with a championship caliber team everyday, so he could serve as a mentor to some of our guys in terms of the work and commitment it will take to be elite...I feel like he's ready to break out, just needs the minutes.

Agreed. He had to be a target if we don’t land one of the top guys. He fits the plan.

Why is he not 2way. He’s great defensiveiy and improving offensively. He can shoot now and has improved as a playmaker. Was the leader of the team in playoffs last year. Not a great sample size but not small either. He still has borderline star potential. Why not sign a guy who can grow with the core?

Unless Rosier is signed to a min deal his contract will prevent you from signing an actual impact player.

You really don’t think he’s an impact player ? Did you watch him in playoffs. He was the 2nd or 3rd best player on an ECF team.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/4/2018  5:57 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

You really don’t think he’s an impact player ? Did you watch him in playoffs. He was the 2nd or 3rd best player on an ECF team.

I did. He played really well. 3rd or 4th cog on that team for the playoff run. He had an impact on his team but he is not an impact player for a team over the long haul.

Teams don't plan against him, he gets options and looks because of the guys around him: Jaylan, Tatum, Horford in the playoffs last year.

Seems to me that Avery Bradley was in that same bucket as Rozier and Marcus Smart are in. Really high level role players who excel especially on a well coached team with 3-4 other options.

Knicks have Frank under cost control and a million other guards who are in the same space as Rozier.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/4/2018  6:25 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Ira wrote:It just seems that Celtics players who leave either by trade or free agency don't play as well with their next teams.
That certainly was the case for Crowder and Thomas. Crowder seems to be bouncing back a bit in Utah but he again is playing for one of the best coaches in the league in a non dysfunctional situation.

Yeah, Snyder and Stevens have shown they can occasionally make chicken stew out of chicken crap. Smart and Rozier are very flawed players who would get killed on a daily basis if they played in NY. Rozier has been to up and down in his career to throw big bucks at. I'd like to see us show some restraint if we strike out in 2019 free agency.

If a player is available, it's usually for a reason. Occasionally you'll get a situation like Harden, Irving, Shaq to the Lakers, but it's rare.

The more talent you have, the more you can hide the flaws/trade offs for some of your players.

Melo, if he got drafted instead of Darko with the Pistons, it could have been a whole different story ( that team was built to defend and needed a volume scorer) Even when the Bulls ( with younger Noah, Rose, Deng) were decently suited for Melo's skill set.

Rozier is playing with a lot of talent around him. Take that away, and ask the player to do more, and things start to look differently.

Knicks would better off "renting" the cap space out to take in a short term bad contract for more draft picks. But those kind of deals are drying up as more and more teams enter the tax zone.

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/5/2018  9:13 AM
Has any one watched Rozier play this season, or smart, their shooting is very much like Mudiay and frank, terrible.

No one in their right mind is giving Rozier 20 mill, smart is shooting under 20% on 3's and Rozier is shooting under 40% from any where.

Remeber Isaiah paying Jerome james big money off a playoff run, nuff said

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/5/2018  3:41 PM
Timmy would look much better if he was not the 1st option.
JR smith looked good for a while next to love and Lebron.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/5/2018  4:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2018  4:00 PM
Nalod wrote:Timmy would look much better if he was not the 1st option.

Timmy have to be the first and the last option on some lineups we are playing.
He is not a superstar and not paid like one.
He get an opportunity to gun and he does.
When Knox will be back and when KP will return this all will settle back to normal.
There is only one ball...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/5/2018  4:18 PM
arkrud wrote:
Nalod wrote:Timmy would look much better if he was not the 1st option.

Timmy have to be the first and the last option on some lineups we are playing.
He is not a superstar and not paid like one.
He get an opportunity to gun and he does.
When Knox will be back and when KP will return this all will settle back to normal.
There is only one ball...

Yes Hardaway at the very least will be eventually be our 3rd option. KP regains first option status next season and Knox probably takes over #2 by year 3.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/5/2018  5:46 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I did. He played really well. 3rd or 4th cog on that team for the playoff run. He had an impact on his team but he is not an impact player for a team over the long haul.

Teams don't plan against him, he gets options and looks because of the guys around him: Jaylan, Tatum, Horford in the playoffs last year.

Seems to me that Avery Bradley was in that same bucket as Rozier and Marcus Smart are in. Really high level role players who excel especially on a well coached team with 3-4 other options.

Knicks have Frank under cost control and a million other guards who are in the same space as Rozier.

For a while I was really interested in landing Rozier. But I agree with the sentiment. I would rather the Knicks look to find and develop their own Rozier over spending big money on him. While I love the vision of Rozier and Frank defensively. Would prefer a more drive and kick orientated counterpart to Frank.

Save the money for a legit superstar. Look for a cheaper gem that can fill the role.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
The big picture......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy