[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The big picture......
Author Thread
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/3/2018  10:44 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:It is a bit early to say this, but we might not be getting a top 5 pick in our next draft.

I am honestly shocked that coach Fiz is actually coaching like many fans would like him to. (e.g. Pulling no defense Kanter for Mitch, using Dotson's defense and shot out there wisely, Trier at end of games, cut Burke's minutes and pulled him from starting lineup, etc.) He basically is going with the flow of what this team is.

Yup, for once a coach is actually holding people accountable for not playing defense, irrespective of their future "all star" status. I love it - much Kudos to Fiz

While I don't think Fisher was ever a good coach and Hornacek has his own problems, I don't see that assessment as fair. If Melo was still on this team, he'd still be chucking and playing zero defense and would still be starting.

Fizdale has a collection of fringe journeymen hoping to stay in the league, guys playing for their next contract and rookies/young guys. Not that hard to get people to buy in given the situation. Marc Gasol is actually a really good defender but if he wasn't, Fizdale wouldn't be able to bench him. Zinger is hurt. If Zinger was on the floor, jacking 35 shots a night with ****ty shot selection, you think Fizdale could bench him?

I like Fizdale, but let's not rush to give him credit created by the circumstances. He's lucky so far to have players he can push around if he wants to do it. That's going to change when Zinger is back.

AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
11/3/2018  10:51 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:That KP/Robinson combination at PF/C is going to be electrifying. KP is gonna command so much attention as well. Robinson will be free to fly. And he doesn't need any drawn up plays to make plays. KP is already an elite shot blocker as well, Robinson will be flying all over the court with KP covering as last line of defense.

If Knox were to use his length in between Frank, KP, Robinson to smother shooters we could end up posting a top 3 NBA defense.

and just image what a front like of Robinson/KP/Durant is going to do

Frontcourt would be unmatched size, length, skill, & unicornism 🦄

That would give us 3 seven footers in the starting lineup or on the floor together. That must be an NBA record. The only time you see that is in the Western All Star games.

Money Mitch and Durant are agile and covers a lot of ground.

Durant and KP are 7fters with pull up jumpers like a guard.

Keep in mind, when I saw Mitch practicing in person, in Allen Texas, he looked like these new age bigs, shooting deep jumpers. So he has that in his offensive game, once he matures.

Image having 3 two way seven footers?

I bet Durant would open the flood gates of vets chasing a ring, and doing it in NY would be huge for anybody's career.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/3/2018  11:20 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:It is a bit early to say this, but we might not be getting a top 5 pick in our next draft.

I am honestly shocked that coach Fiz is actually coaching like many fans would like him to. (e.g. Pulling no defense Kanter for Mitch, using Dotson's defense and shot out there wisely, Trier at end of games, cut Burke's minutes and pulled him from starting lineup, etc.) He basically is going with the flow of what this team is.

Yup, for once a coach is actually holding people accountable for not playing defense, irrespective of their future "all star" status. I love it - much Kudos to Fiz

While I don't think Fisher was ever a good coach and Hornacek has his own problems, I don't see that assessment as fair. If Melo was still on this team, he'd still be chucking and playing zero defense and would still be starting.

Fizdale has a collection of fringe journeymen hoping to stay in the league, guys playing for their next contract and rookies/young guys. Not that hard to get people to buy in given the situation. Marc Gasol is actually a really good defender but if he wasn't, Fizdale wouldn't be able to bench him. Zinger is hurt. If Zinger was on the floor, jacking 35 shots a night with ****ty shot selection, you think Fizdale could bench him?

I like Fizdale, but let's not rush to give him credit created by the circumstances. He's lucky so far to have players he can push around if he wants to do it. That's going to change when Zinger is back.

Woodson didn't have support from the front office after Grunfeld was fired. Phil didn't like that Fisher had his assistants working with small groups of players like OKC did. Phil hired Fish's assistant head coach. Fish did get Melo to play Dad Melo but he got fired after Melo got hurt and things went south. I think Fiz took the job because management said they would back him and give him autonomy. He lost his last job because management chose a player over a coach. I think Fiz has already made tough changes. Kanter to the second unit, Burke to the second unit.... Those aren't moves made by a guy that doesn't have the backing of management.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/3/2018  11:37 PM
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Two starters and the sixth man in one draft class is pretty impressive. One or both of Dotson and Frank will be starting and the other will be in the rotation from the previous draft class. What is turning out to be a really good restricted free agent signing at the 2 guard spot and Porzingis coming back has the Knicks set up really well. Management and a coaching staff on the same page. The big picture is looking really good.
Yes i really like our Front Office. However I gotta be fair and give kudos to phil/gaines for their drafts as well. All draft picks have been or will be key pieces going forward.

This team is close, striking gold with this draft has fast forward this rebuild. I wouldn’t be surprised if we sneak into the playoffs this year if we stay healthy.

Next year we could be contending!

As much hype there is around Durant, I want Leonard his defense is unreal and would turn us into the number one defensive squad in the NBA.

Fuck it, aim for BOTH. Pump up THJr's value and see what kind of pressure Leonard can put on for a sign and trade while Durant moves in with the cap space

Lol with today’s nba players anything is possible!

Thjr is playing great basketball , if he stays healthy he’s a all star, I’d be hesitant to trade him.

I’m really excited to see Knox get back, he is a amazing talent, steal of the lottery.

Robinson looks like the steal of the draft so far, kid has superstar talent.

Trier is the steal of the year, man that kid can ball! Could he be the first undrafted rookie of the year?

Yeah I am interested to see this whole core group together. Porzingis, knox, Robinson, hardaway, trier, ntilikina, and Dotson. If Durant wants to come, great. If he doesn’t I wouldn’t be opposed to a big Rozier contract who is a good 2way player at age 24. But I’m okay with this group growing together.

Dot, THJr, Frank, Trier, Lee... why even think about Rozier?

I think some team overpays for Rozier. He turned down a Celtics extension and I have heard speculation that it is because he wants to be the man not Kyrie's backup. I believe he is looking for a deal that pays him 18-20 mil a year. I like him as a player and would not be upset if the Knicks got him in free agency but that is a lot of money.

It’s unknown what an overpay will be. Take a look at his playoff numbers from last year. He is a really good 2way guard in a league where there’s not many.

Rozier 2-way? Offensive side of things leaves a lot to be desired

I don’t disagree. Just saying he’s shown signs and is still young.

Rozier is the type of FA we should be going after...He's 24 and fits the age profile of the team...He showed and proved that he can lead a team on a deep playoff run....He averaged 16, 6 and 5. He's practicing and competing with a championship caliber team everyday, so he could serve as a mentor to some of our guys in terms of the work and commitment it will take to be elite...I feel like he's ready to break out, just needs the minutes.

Agreed. He had to be a target if we don’t land one of the top guys. He fits the plan.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/4/2018  12:06 AM
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Two starters and the sixth man in one draft class is pretty impressive. One or both of Dotson and Frank will be starting and the other will be in the rotation from the previous draft class. What is turning out to be a really good restricted free agent signing at the 2 guard spot and Porzingis coming back has the Knicks set up really well. Management and a coaching staff on the same page. The big picture is looking really good.
Yes i really like our Front Office. However I gotta be fair and give kudos to phil/gaines for their drafts as well. All draft picks have been or will be key pieces going forward.

This team is close, striking gold with this draft has fast forward this rebuild. I wouldn’t be surprised if we sneak into the playoffs this year if we stay healthy.

As much hype there is around Durant, I want Leonard his defense is unreal and would turn us into the number one defensive squad in the NBA.

Fuck it, aim for BOTH. Pump up THJr's value and see what kind of pressure Leonard can put on for a sign and trade while Durant moves in with the cap space

Thjr is playing great basketball , if he stays healthy he’s a all star, I’d be hesitant to trade him.

I’m really excited to see Knox get back, he is a amazing talent, steal of the lottery.

Trier is the steal of the year, man that kid can ball! Could he be the first undrafted rookie of the year?

Yeah I am interested to see this whole core group together. Porzingis, knox, Robinson, hardaway, trier, ntilikina, and Dotson. If Durant wants to come, great. If he doesn’t I wouldn’t be opposed to a big Rozier contract who is a good 2way player at age 24. But I’m okay with this group growing together.

I think some team overpays for Rozier. He turned down a Celtics extension and I have heard speculation that it is because he wants to be the man not Kyrie's backup. I believe he is looking for a deal that pays him 18-20 mil a year. I like him as a player and would not be upset if the Knicks got him in free agency but that is a lot of money.

It’s unknown what an overpay will be. Take a look at his playoff numbers from last year. He is a really good 2way guard in a league where there’s not many.

Rozier is the type of FA we should be going after...He's 24 and fits the age profile of the team...He showed and proved that he can lead a team on a deep playoff run....He averaged 16, 6 and 5. He's practicing and competing with a championship caliber team everyday, so he could serve as a mentor to some of our guys in terms of the work and commitment it will take to be elite...I feel like he's ready to break out, just needs the minutes.

THJr, Trier, Frank, Lee, Dot.

Why would you clog cap space with Rozier?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/4/2018  12:09 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Ok that's fair. He hasn't had to deal with coach killing crap like Melo. But I have him credit for what he did, Jeff had the same opportunity last year and failed to do it. And I thought Fizdale did bench Gasol for the second half of a game, and got canned within 24 hrs. That's on the FO, that's not on Fiz. I want our FO to back Fiz if he tries to discipline KP regardless of skipped interviews and other ****.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
martin
USA
11/4/2018  12:09 AM

Knixkik wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Agreed. He had to be a target if we don’t land one of the top guys. He fits the plan.

What plan? You don’t sign non 2-way players to big contracts

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/4/2018  2:53 AM
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:So far there are so many things happening on this roster. Give Fiz credit. This team is far from even having an identity but there is a culture that is positive and change is very much a part of it.

Mitchell being given a chance and room to make mistakes.
Trier has a bad outing and back at it. Also room to make a mistake.
Mudiay did have a good summer and being bought back slow, and last night he looked good. He earned his opportunity.
Frank sees the court and becoming the orchestrator. "Le Maestro"......Too soon but a good trend. I don't know where this current trend goes with him. Its a fluid situation.
Lance was given the start, he won't last but its a good move.
Knox back when he is ready.
Dotson is a player.
Baker is not.
Burke is not in the flow for now.
Enes is producing but the future is not his here.
Fiz is not a polished coach but he has time to improve as he gains more experience. He does many things well and will also evolve.

This after so few games!!! This team is not killing it but they are playing hard, adapting, EVOLVING before our eyes and incrementally improving. They are interesting and Im enjoying the games.
This team is moving in the right direction. Other than some freak winning streak this is really the best scenario we could hope for.

"This team is not killing it"

Speak for yourself. According to my extremely low expectations meter, this team and these rookies (including Knox) has exceeding any glimps of expected improvement in this short timeframe.

3-6 record........2-5 when I wrote that. Yet we couldn’t be happier.
I speak for you too.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/4/2018  7:19 AM

unless we get lucky but i don't think this team is as bad as some of the bottom dwellers. If Porzingis was playing I think they might make the playoffs.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/4/2018  8:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2018  8:09 AM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Why is he not 2way. He’s great defensiveiy and improving offensively. He can shoot now and has improved as a playmaker. Was the leader of the team in playoffs last year. Not a great sample size but not small either. He still has borderline star potential. Why not sign a guy who can grow with the core?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/4/2018  9:41 AM
I’m not sure Rozier brings that much more than Timmy especially if he comes at a higher price. I don’t see the priority to upgrade that position unless Timmy is traded. We will need a back up center of reasonable quality when Enes departs/not resigned that has some range and not a liability on defense.
The draft might give us many looks. Rozier is a nice player for sure. Not saying “no” but just not sure how the roster will be balanced after KP returns and when, Knox gets a season in, the draft and free agency.
The future is unclear but its bright.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/4/2018  10:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2018  10:51 AM
Nalod wrote:So far there are so many things happening on this roster. Give Fiz credit. This team is far from even having an identity but there is a culture that is positive and change is very much a part of it.

Mitchell being given a chance and room to make mistakes.
Trier has a bad outing and back at it. Also room to make a mistake.
Mudiay did have a good summer and being bought back slow, and last night he looked good. He earned his opportunity.
Frank sees the court and becoming the orchestrator. "Le Maestro"......Too soon but a good trend. I don't know where this current trend goes with him. Its a fluid situation.
Lance was given the start, he won't last but its a good move.
Knox back when he is ready.
Dotson is a player.
Baker is not.
Burke is not in the flow for now.
Enes is producing but the future is not his here.
Fiz is not a polished coach but he has time to improve as he gains more experience. He does many things well and will also evolve.

This after so few games!!! This team is not killing it but they are playing hard, adapting, EVOLVING before our eyes and incrementally improving. They are interesting and Im enjoying the games.
This team is moving in the right direction. Other than some freak winning streak this is really the best scenario we could hope for.

Im cautiously optimistic. We've got not just one but multiple "diamonds in the rough" in Robinson/Trier/Vonleh. Not ready to call it on Burke. Had some big games for us.

We've been seeing a lot of roster shuffling. Hope to see less of that as the season goes on. Yes, we're rebuilding, also want to see players find their role. Also hope to see Fizdale maintain a good relationship with his vets. Let them know their experience is valued, even if they arent getting PT. Communication.

martin
USA
11/4/2018  11:02 AM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Why is he not 2way. He’s great defensiveiy and improving offensively. He can shoot now and has improved as a playmaker. Was the leader of the team in playoffs last year. Not a great sample size but not small either. He still has borderline star potential. Why not sign a guy who can grow with the core?

Frank Trier Lee THJr Dot are all under contract.

Unless Rosier is signed to a min deal his contract will prevent you from signing an actual impact player.

Ira
Member: #91
11/4/2018  12:11 PM
It just seems that Celtics players who leave either by trade or free agency don't play as well with their next teams.
CrushAlot
USA
11/4/2018  12:24 PM
Ira wrote:It just seems that Celtics players who leave either by trade or free agency don't play as well with their next teams.
That certainly was the case for Crowder and Thomas. Crowder seems to be bouncing back a bit in Utah but he again is playing for one of the best coaches in the league in a non dysfunctional situation.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/4/2018  1:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Ira wrote:It just seems that Celtics players who leave either by trade or free agency don't play as well with their next teams.
That certainly was the case for Crowder and Thomas. Crowder seems to be bouncing back a bit in Utah but he again is playing for one of the best coaches in the league in a non dysfunctional situation.

Yeah, Snyder and Stevens have shown they can occasionally make chicken stew out of chicken crap. Smart and Rozier are very flawed players who would get killed on a daily basis if they played in NY. Rozier has been to up and down in his career to throw big bucks at. I'd like to see us show some restraint if we strike out in 2019 free agency.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
USA
11/4/2018  2:04 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yeah, Snyder and Stevens have shown they can occasionally make chicken stew out of chicken crap. Smart and Rozier are very flawed players who would get killed on a daily basis if they played in NY. Rozier has been to up and down in his career to throw big bucks at. I'd like to see us show some restraint if we strike out in 2019 free agency.
It is going to be interesting. Buying out Noah and KP's extension next summer make me think that restraint may not be the approach. But this management team has done a great job so far.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/4/2018  2:14 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Chicken crap is a stretch but I get your point....I believe time will show that Fiz is in that same class in terms of maxing out a players full potential....Spo has and is doing the same for guys like Tyler Johnson, Waiters, Whiteside, James Johnson, etc....Both Spo and Fiz are from the Riley coaching tree and we all know how Riley got the Knicks and Heat to overachieve. With that said, I wouldn't be too concerned with Rozier, if thats who the Knicks target this summer under the tutelage of Fiz...

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/4/2018  2:31 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Unless Rosier is signed to a min deal his contract will prevent you from signing an actual impact player.

KD and Anthony Davis, imo, should be our top two FA priorities....If we strike out on KD which is a high probability, I wouldn't mind waiting it out for Davis the following summer....However, I wouldn't mind if management decides to take a look at Rozier but I definitely dont want to blow the bank on him....If he will come on a discounted rate but with a promise to compete for a starting spot that he will never get in Boston, why not listen?

Before this could happen, or course we need to move Lee's contract...As of right now, its looking like Burke is being fazed out, and Mudiay is probably gone this summer, so the only pg we will have on the roster is Frank. Any interest in Rozier will come down to our coaching staff's evaluation of Frank and is he the answer as out future pg? If not, how much better is Rozeir than Frank (Rozier is better IMO), can Fiz continue to develop Rozier and can he lead a team on a deep playoff run?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/4/2018  3:47 PM
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

KD and Anthony Davis, imo, should be our top two FA priorities....If we strike out on KD which is a high probability, I wouldn't mind waiting it out for Davis the following summer....However, I wouldn't mind if management decides to take a look at Rozier but I definitely dont want to blow the bank on him....If he will come on a discounted rate but with a promise to compete for a starting spot that he will never get in Boston, why not listen?

Before this could happen, or course we need to move Lee's contract...As of right now, its looking like Burke is being fazed out, and Mudiay is probably gone this summer, so the only pg we will have on the roster is Frank. Any interest in Rozier will come down to our coaching staff's evaluation of Frank and is he the answer as out future pg? If not, how much better is Rozeir than Frank (Rozier is better IMO), can Fiz continue to develop Rozier and can he lead a team on a deep playoff run?

Hahah.....chicken crap might be a overstatement. But Utah overachieved bigtime last year.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
The big picture......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy