[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The big picture......
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/3/2018  1:02 PM
Knixkik wrote:My big takeaway is that this team is better than Dallas even without Porzingis and Knox. With their big money guys Jordan and Barnes they still don’t have the Knicks talent. Robinson looks better than Jordan already. Big upside with this group. We just need a 2nd star to break out.

I am the most anti starfukk person on the board. If I had to I would target one of the following four

Durant, Kwahi, Klay and Butler

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/3/2018  1:07 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Two starters and the sixth man in one draft class is pretty impressive. One or both of Dotson and Frank will be starting and the other will be in the rotation from the previous draft class. What is turning out to be a really good restricted free agent signing at the 2 guard spot and Porzingis coming back has the Knicks set up really well. Management and a coaching staff on the same page. The big picture is looking really good.

What do you think Crush, did the Knicks get 3 first round talent players this year?

Looks it to me. This is EXACTLY what needed to happen for the Knicks to move the needle towards a deep playoff team. Step 2 and 3 will be getting lucky at the top of this year's draft and getting an UFA or 2

One can dream!

I think they did. It is pretty awesome to have management talk about a rebuild and then follow through on it quickly. Amazing offseason. Fiz has been awesome as well.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/3/2018  1:12 PM
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Two starters and the sixth man in one draft class is pretty impressive. One or both of Dotson and Frank will be starting and the other will be in the rotation from the previous draft class. What is turning out to be a really good restricted free agent signing at the 2 guard spot and Porzingis coming back has the Knicks set up really well. Management and a coaching staff on the same page. The big picture is looking really good.
Yes i really like our Front Office. However I gotta be fair and give kudos to phil/gaines for their drafts as well. All draft picks have been or will be key pieces going forward.

This team is close, striking gold with this draft has fast forward this rebuild. I wouldn’t be surprised if we sneak into the playoffs this year if we stay healthy.

Next year we could be contending!

As much hype there is around Durant, I want Leonard his defense is unreal and would turn us into the number one defensive squad in the NBA.

Fuck it, aim for BOTH. Pump up THJr's value and see what kind of pressure Leonard can put on for a sign and trade while Durant moves in with the cap space

Lol with today’s nba players anything is possible!

Thjr is playing great basketball , if he stays healthy he’s a all star, I’d be hesitant to trade him.

I’m really excited to see Knox get back, he is a amazing talent, steal of the lottery.

Robinson looks like the steal of the draft so far, kid has superstar talent.

Trier is the steal of the year, man that kid can ball! Could he be the first undrafted rookie of the year?

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/3/2018  1:16 PM
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/3/2018  1:56 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Yes i really like our Front Office. However I gotta be fair and give kudos to phil/gaines for their drafts as well. All draft picks have been or will be key pieces going forward.

This team is close, striking gold with this draft has fast forward this rebuild. I wouldn’t be surprised if we sneak into the playoffs this year if we stay healthy.

As much hype there is around Durant, I want Leonard his defense is unreal and would turn us into the number one defensive squad in the NBA.

Fuck it, aim for BOTH. Pump up THJr's value and see what kind of pressure Leonard can put on for a sign and trade while Durant moves in with the cap space

Thjr is playing great basketball , if he stays healthy he’s a all star, I’d be hesitant to trade him.

I’m really excited to see Knox get back, he is a amazing talent, steal of the lottery.

Trier is the steal of the year, man that kid can ball! Could he be the first undrafted rookie of the year?

Dont mean to be a downer here but I haven't seen steal of the lottery from Knox. Mitch, yes

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/3/2018  1:56 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Yeah I am interested to see this whole core group together. Porzingis, knox, Robinson, hardaway, trier, ntilikina, and Dotson. If Durant wants to come, great. If he doesn’t I wouldn’t be opposed to a big Rozier contract who is a good 2way player at age 24. But I’m okay with this group growing together.

martin
USA
11/3/2018  2:10 PM
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Yeah I am interested to see this whole core group together. Porzingis, knox, Robinson, hardaway, trier, ntilikina, and Dotson. If Durant wants to come, great. If he doesn’t I wouldn’t be opposed to a big Rozier contract who is a good 2way player at age 24. But I’m okay with this group growing together.

Dot, THJr, Frank, Trier, Lee... why even think about Rozier?

CrushAlot
USA
11/3/2018  2:33 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I think some team overpays for Rozier. He turned down a Celtics extension and I have heard speculation that it is because he wants to be the man not Kyrie's backup. I believe he is looking for a deal that pays him 18-20 mil a year. I like him as a player and would not be upset if the Knicks got him in free agency but that is a lot of money.
CrushAlot
USA
11/3/2018  2:38 PM
Knixkik
USA
11/3/2018  3:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2018  3:10 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I know but part of me still thinks we will need to eventually add more lead guard talent and the window to do so is somewhat small as a lot of guys we have for cheap will have to be paid. Porzingis first, then Dotson and Ntilikina. That 2 years can go by quick. Similar to when we added Hardaway, I’m not opposed to adding a young vet with breakout potential at 15-20 mil. Rozier is simply an example of that. But I’m excited at this group continuing to grow together.

martin
USA
11/3/2018  3:12 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I know but part of me still thinks we will need to eventually add more lead guard talent and the window to do so is somewhat small as a lot of guys we have for cheap will have to be paid. Porzingis first, then Dotson and Ntilikina. That 2 years can go by quick. Similar to when we added Hardaway, I’m not opposed to adding a young vet with breakout potential at 15-20 mil. Rozier is simply an example of that. But I’m excited at this group continuing to grow together.

Top 5 draft pick 2019!

Knixkik
USA
11/3/2018  3:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I think some team overpays for Rozier. He turned down a Celtics extension and I have heard speculation that it is because he wants to be the man not Kyrie's backup. I believe he is looking for a deal that pays him 18-20 mil a year. I like him as a player and would not be upset if the Knicks got him in free agency but that is a lot of money.

It’s unknown what an overpay will be. Take a look at his playoff numbers from last year. He is a really good 2way guard in a league where there’s not many.

martin
USA
11/3/2018  3:26 PM
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

It’s unknown what an overpay will be. Take a look at his playoff numbers from last year. He is a really good 2way guard in a league where there’s not many.

Rozier 2-way? Offensive side of things leaves a lot to be desired

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/3/2018  3:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2018  4:56 PM
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Need to be careful of just looking at those playoff #s. Small sample size dependent on a number variables, including matchups. Terry Rozier had been streaky and unreliable on offense for most of his career. He was decent last year, but he's not off to a strong start this season. Unless he picks it up, I can't say that I'm seeing a guy worth $18-20 million per year.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/3/2018  4:24 PM
That KP/Robinson combination at PF/C is going to be electrifying. KP is gonna command so much attention as well. Robinson will be free to fly. And he doesn't need any drawn up plays to make plays. KP is already an elite shot blocker as well, Robinson will be flying all over the court with KP covering as last line of defense.

If Knox were to use his length in between Frank, KP, Robinson to smother shooters we could end up posting a top 3 NBA defense.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
USA
11/3/2018  4:54 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:That KP/Robinson combination at PF/C is going to be electrifying. KP is gonna command so much attention as well. Robinson will be free to fly. And he doesn't need any drawn up plays to make plays. KP is already an elite shot blocker as well, Robinson will be flying all over the court with KP covering as last line of defense.

If Knox were to use his length in between Frank, KP, Robinson to smother shooters we could end up posting a top 3 NBA defense.

and just image what a front like of Robinson/KP/Durant is going to do

Knixkik
USA
11/3/2018  6:25 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I don’t disagree. Just saying he’s shown signs and is still young.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/3/2018  6:48 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:That KP/Robinson combination at PF/C is going to be electrifying. KP is gonna command so much attention as well. Robinson will be free to fly. And he doesn't need any drawn up plays to make plays. KP is already an elite shot blocker as well, Robinson will be flying all over the court with KP covering as last line of defense.

and just image what a front like of Robinson/KP/Durant is going to do

Frontcourt would be unmatched size, length, skill, & unicornism 🦄

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/3/2018  7:49 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I don’t disagree. Just saying he’s shown signs and is still young.

Rozier is the type of FA we should be going after...He's 24 and fits the age profile of the team...He showed and proved that he can lead a team on a deep playoff run....He averaged 16, 6 and 5. He's practicing and competing with a championship caliber team everyday, so he could serve as a mentor to some of our guys in terms of the work and commitment it will take to be elite...I feel like he's ready to break out, just needs the minutes.

blkexec
Member: #748
11/3/2018  10:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2018  10:43 PM
Nalod wrote:So far there are so many things happening on this roster. Give Fiz credit. This team is far from even having an identity but there is a culture that is positive and change is very much a part of it.

Mitchell being given a chance and room to make mistakes.
Trier has a bad outing and back at it. Also room to make a mistake.
Mudiay did have a good summer and being bought back slow, and last night he looked good. He earned his opportunity.
Frank sees the court and becoming the orchestrator. "Le Maestro"......Too soon but a good trend. I don't know where this current trend goes with him. Its a fluid situation.
Lance was given the start, he won't last but its a good move.
Knox back when he is ready.
Dotson is a player.
Baker is not.
Burke is not in the flow for now.
Enes is producing but the future is not his here.
Fiz is not a polished coach but he has time to improve as he gains more experience. He does many things well and will also evolve.

This after so few games!!! This team is not killing it but they are playing hard, adapting, EVOLVING before our eyes and incrementally improving. They are interesting and Im enjoying the games.
This team is moving in the right direction. Other than some freak winning streak this is really the best scenario we could hope for.

"This team is not killing it"

Speak for yourself. According to my extremely low expectations meter, this team and these rookies (including Knox) has exceeding any glimps of expected improvement in this short timeframe.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
The big picture......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy