[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The big picture......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/3/2018  9:56 AM
So far there are so many things happening on this roster. Give Fiz credit. This team is far from even having an identity but there is a culture that is positive and change is very much a part of it.

Mitchell being given a chance and room to make mistakes.
Trier has a bad outing and back at it. Also room to make a mistake.
Mudiay did have a good summer and being bought back slow, and last night he looked good. He earned his opportunity.
Frank sees the court and becoming the orchestrator. "Le Maestro"......Too soon but a good trend. I don't know where this current trend goes with him. Its a fluid situation.
Lance was given the start, he won't last but its a good move.
Knox back when he is ready.
Dotson is a player.
Baker is not.
Burke is not in the flow for now.
Enes is producing but the future is not his here.
Fiz is not a polished coach but he has time to improve as he gains more experience. He does many things well and will also evolve.

This after so few games!!! This team is not killing it but they are playing hard, adapting, EVOLVING before our eyes and incrementally improving. They are interesting and Im enjoying the games.
This team is moving in the right direction. Other than some freak winning streak this is really the best scenario we could hope for.

AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/3/2018  10:06 AM
It’s different winning with young players as opposed to vets that have no shot at the hardware.
NotInMyHouse
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6433

11/3/2018  10:26 AM
It is a bit early to say this, but we might not be getting a top 5 pick in our next draft.

I am honestly shocked that coach Fiz is actually coaching like many fans would like him to. (e.g. Pulling no defense Kanter for Mitch, using Dotson's defense and shot out there wisely, Trier at end of games, cut Burke's minutes and pulled him from starting lineup, etc.) He basically is going with the flow of what this team is.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/3/2018  10:46 AM
NotInMyHouse wrote:It is a bit early to say this, but we might not be getting a top 5 pick in our next draft.

I am honestly shocked that coach Fiz is actually coaching like many fans would like him to. (e.g. Pulling no defense Kanter for Mitch, using Dotson's defense and shot out there wisely, Trier at end of games, cut Burke's minutes and pulled him from starting lineup, etc.) He basically is going with the flow of what this team is.

Yup, for once a coach is actually holding people accountable for not playing defense, irrespective of their future "all star" status. I love it - much Kudos to Fiz

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo

11/3/2018  10:47 AM
Sat, Nov 3

Speaking with reporters on Friday, Coach David Fizdale hinted that Mitchell Robinson may remain the Knicks starting center for the rest of the season.

Advice: Earlier in the season, there was talk that Robinson may spend time in the G League to develop his game. However, it now appears that the Knicks intend to keep him with the big club going forward. Robinson played well in Friday night's win over the Mavs, tallying 13 points, 10 boards, three assists and three steals with one block and no turnovers in 34 minutes. His fantasy stock is rising by the day, while Enes Kanter's stock is on the way down.

More: New York Post
(Rotoworld.com)

Love this, he deserves to play.

Nalod
USA
11/3/2018  11:03 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Sat, Nov 3

Speaking with reporters on Friday, Coach David Fizdale hinted that Mitchell Robinson may remain the Knicks starting center for the rest of the season.

Advice: Earlier in the season, there was talk that Robinson may spend time in the G League to develop his game. However, it now appears that the Knicks intend to keep him with the big club going forward. Robinson played well in Friday night's win over the Mavs, tallying 13 points, 10 boards, three assists and three steals with one block and no turnovers in 34 minutes. His fantasy stock is rising by the day, while Enes Kanter's stock is on the way down.

(Rotoworld.com)

"If your not winning, its about developing and Mitch proved he can play at this level. Enes is talented and a very good player. He came via trade for Melo and we did not expect to draft a starting 20 year old center in the second round. This is what you want. Mitch is not better than Enes but at 20 years old this is where we are and this is what you do. This is real, not hypothetical rebuilding we dreamed about. Its a process and we might even further the talent development in ways we can't think of now.
Burke is being driven out by a process that might have Mudiay back on track. Just one game but Burkes play the last few games MIGHT be indicative of the teams evolving.

meloshouldgo

11/3/2018  11:07 AM
Nalod wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Sat, Nov 3

(Rotoworld.com)

"If your not winning, its about developing and Mitch proved he can play at this level. Enes is talented and a very good player. He came via trade for Melo and we did not expect to draft a starting 20 year old center in the second round. This is what you want. Mitch is not better than Enes but at 20 years old this is where we are and this is what you do. This is real, not hypothetical rebuilding we dreamed about. Its a process and we might even further the talent development in ways we can't think of now.
Burke is being driven out by a process that might have Mudiay back on track. Just one game but Burkes play the last few games MIGHT be indicative of the teams evolving.

No, we don't have to accept that choice this is a binary objective. It can also be both. We will win more games with Mitch than we do with Kanter at starting center, the stats clearly say so. See the tweet Martin posted on the game thread.

Nalod
USA
11/3/2018  11:11 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Sat, Nov 3

(Rotoworld.com)

No, we don't have to accept that choice this is a binary objective. It can also be both. We will win more games with Mitch than we do with Kanter at starting center, the stats clearly say so. See the tweet Martin posted on the game thread.

The change was made because while enes was playing well the team was not. If you want to go full Plato and Socrates on the deeper meaning of this enjoy yourself. I get your point, I was speaking to why the change we made. Mitch had yet to really play and he really did not "deserve" based on merit. It was based on potential. Shit, Im happy.

meloshouldgo

11/3/2018  11:19 AM
Nalod wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Sat, Nov 3

(Rotoworld.com)

The change was made because while enes was playing well the team was not. If you want to go full Plato and Socrates on the deeper meaning of this enjoy yourself. I get your point, I was speaking to why the change we made. Mitch had yet to really play and he really did not "deserve" based on merit. It was based on potential. Shit, Im happy.

Shit, me too. I was just saying Mitch can win us more games than Kanter. So where's the beef? What have Plato and Socrates done to you?

Nalod
USA
11/3/2018  11:20 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Sat, Nov 3

(Rotoworld.com)

Shit, me too. I was just saying Mitch can win us more games than Kanter. So where's the beef? What have Plato and Socrates done to you?

No beef. Clarification.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/3/2018  12:04 PM
Two starters and the sixth man in one draft class is pretty impressive. One or both of Dotson and Frank will be starting and the other will be in the rotation from the previous draft class. What is turning out to be a really good restricted free agent signing at the 2 guard spot and Porzingis coming back has the Knicks set up really well. Management and a coaching staff on the same page. The big picture is looking really good.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/3/2018  12:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2018  12:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Two starters and the sixth man in one draft class is pretty impressive. One or both of Dotson and Frank will be starting and the other will be in the rotation from the previous draft class. What is turning out to be a really good restricted free agent signing at the 2 guard spot and Porzingis coming back has the Knicks set up really well. Management and a coaching staff on the same page. The big picture is looking really good.
Yes i really like our Front Office. However I gotta be fair and give kudos to phil/gaines for their drafts as well. All draft picks have been or will be key pieces going forward.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/3/2018  12:34 PM
My big takeaway is that this team is better than Dallas even without Porzingis and Knox. With their big money guys Jordan and Barnes they still don’t have the Knicks talent. Robinson looks better than Jordan already. Big upside with this group. We just need a 2nd star to break out.
CrushAlot
USA
11/3/2018  12:43 PM
Knixkik wrote:My big takeaway is that this team is better than Dallas even without Porzingis and Knox. With their big money guys Jordan and Barnes they still don’t have the Knicks talent. Robinson looks better than Jordan already. Big upside with this group. We just need a 2nd star to break out.
I agree. Also, Jordan looks done. I doubt the Mavs bring him back next year.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/3/2018  12:44 PM
Knixkik wrote:My big takeaway is that this team is better than Dallas even without Porzingis and Knox. With their big money guys Jordan and Barnes they still don’t have the Knicks talent. Robinson looks better than Jordan already. Big upside with this group. We just need a 2nd star to break out.

20-year-old Robinson is doing a pretty good impression of a breakout candidate in his first 7 games of organized basketball since high school.

CrushAlot
USA
11/3/2018  12:46 PM
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/3/2018  12:50 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Two starters and the sixth man in one draft class is pretty impressive. One or both of Dotson and Frank will be starting and the other will be in the rotation from the previous draft class. What is turning out to be a really good restricted free agent signing at the 2 guard spot and Porzingis coming back has the Knicks set up really well. Management and a coaching staff on the same page. The big picture is looking really good.
Yes i really like our Front Office. However I gotta be fair and give kudos to phil/gaines for their drafts as well. All draft picks have been or will be key pieces going forward.

This team is close, striking gold with this draft has fast forward this rebuild. I wouldn’t be surprised if we sneak into the playoffs this year if we stay healthy.

Next year we could be contending!

As much hype there is around Durant, I want Leonard his defense is unreal and would turn us into the number one defensive squad in the NBA.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/3/2018  12:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
I agree. Also, Jordan looks done. I doubt the Mavs bring him back next year.

And DJordan is only 30, just turned 30 couple months ago.

My take is that guys like DAndre and Capella are fairly 1-dimentional on offense and need PGs/ball handlers like CP3 and Harden to make them churn.

Realistically Mitch is that same way right now just very bouncy and very raw. Was just chatting with Andrew and mentioned that there seemed to be a few 50/50ish balls with Mitch and DAndre and Mitch just outjumped and outlength'ed Jordan, maybe didn't get to the ball but most other times I would have though Jordan would have gotten to the ball with his strength and jumping.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
11/3/2018  12:54 PM

What do you think Crush, did the Knicks get 3 first round talent players this year?

Looks it to me. This is EXACTLY what needed to happen for the Knicks to move the needle towards a deep playoff team. Step 2 and 3 will be getting lucky at the top of this year's draft and getting an UFA or 2

One can dream!

martin
USA
11/3/2018  12:55 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

This team is close, striking gold with this draft has fast forward this rebuild. I wouldn’t be surprised if we sneak into the playoffs this year if we stay healthy.

Next year we could be contending!

As much hype there is around Durant, I want Leonard his defense is unreal and would turn us into the number one defensive squad in the NBA.

Fuck it, aim for BOTH. Pump up THJr's value and see what kind of pressure Leonard can put on for a sign and trade while Durant moves in with the cap space

The big picture......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy