[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: To "Mav or Mav Not...." that is the question.
Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

11/4/2018  6:08 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Love Trier

This draft is looking incredible for us.

Three really good players with lots of potential in the same draft when officially kickstarting rebuilding? Amazing feat!

just shows you that you don't have to tank to find good talent, just do your home work and have a solid coaching staff.

We could have won a championship and picked up Mitch and Trier

Yeah, also one of the reasons I wouldn't be too bent out of shape if Dennis Smith Jr. ended up being better than Frank. Players like DSJ you can find anytime. Is he that much better than Trier?

Actually...he isn't. They pretty much took Donic to eventually run their offense...Smith is a 6'1" mostly shooting guard with defensive issues.

Only player available when we picked that I would have taken over Frank, in hindsight, is Mitchell.

yeah thats true. The fact that they want him off the ball is interesting considering he was praised for being a legit pg

He had ZERO assists and 6 Turnovers to go with 23 points, I am glad we didn't draft this kid.

I give him credit for being a scorer thats his only real strength. Nothing wrong with that but its much easier to get those players unlike defensive or two way players which we have more of now

I would take Trier over him. It really underscores how Dallas completely wasted their pick. Every draft will have it's no defense, tunnel vision, take it to the hoop iso-chucker. A lottery pick, really? Heck Trier has better chance of being a contributor than him, because he is giving effort on defense.

I honestly think they wanted Frank. I mean I remember they were heavily involved with him despite what they say after the fact
I thought they wanted Frank but a couple of reporters that I respect were at the Mavs draft party and they said the Mavs first choice was Smith. Talk about baiting the Knicks etc.

Mavs def wanted Smith. Total smoke screen so Smith fell past Knicks. Knicks are only team that lets everyone else know who we are picking.

So the Lakers didn't let the world know they were picking Lonzo Ball?
AUTOADVERT
Welpee

11/4/2018  6:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2018  6:30 AM
martin wrote:
If we think Kanter is bad defensively, how bad is DSJ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/4/2018  10:47 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Three really good players with lots of potential in the same draft when officially kickstarting rebuilding? Amazing feat!

just shows you that you don't have to tank to find good talent, just do your home work and have a solid coaching staff.

Yeah, also one of the reasons I wouldn't be too bent out of shape if Dennis Smith Jr. ended up being better than Frank. Players like DSJ you can find anytime. Is he that much better than Trier?

Actually...he isn't. They pretty much took Donic to eventually run their offense...Smith is a 6'1" mostly shooting guard with defensive issues.

Only player available when we picked that I would have taken over Frank, in hindsight, is Mitchell.

yeah thats true. The fact that they want him off the ball is interesting considering he was praised for being a legit pg

He had ZERO assists and 6 Turnovers to go with 23 points, I am glad we didn't draft this kid.

I give him credit for being a scorer thats his only real strength. Nothing wrong with that but its much easier to get those players unlike defensive or two way players which we have more of now

I would take Trier over him. It really underscores how Dallas completely wasted their pick. Every draft will have it's no defense, tunnel vision, take it to the hoop iso-chucker. A lottery pick, really? Heck Trier has better chance of being a contributor than him, because he is giving effort on defense.

I honestly think they wanted Frank. I mean I remember they were heavily involved with him despite what they say after the fact
I thought they wanted Frank but a couple of reporters that I respect were at the Mavs draft party and they said the Mavs first choice was Smith. Talk about baiting the Knicks etc.

Mavs def wanted Smith. Total smoke screen so Smith fell past Knicks. Knicks are only team that lets everyone else know who we are picking.

The Mavs may have preferred Smith. Plenty of reasons to like Smith as a prospect. There was no smoke screen. Cuban didnt fly out there to meet him for a smoke screen. The Knicks took who they wanted. Im still good with the pick. I think we got the right guy of the two
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Welpee

11/4/2018  11:26 AM
fishmike wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

The Mavs may have preferred Smith. Plenty of reasons to like Smith as a prospect. There was no smoke screen. Cuban didnt fly out there to meet him for a smoke screen. The Knicks took who they wanted. Im still good with the pick. I think we got the right guy of the two
I agree. And if we didn't its not like we passed up on a once in a generation talent. DSJ types are a dime a dozen.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/4/2018  11:39 AM
fishmike wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Exactly. I understand some knick fans wanted smith BUT there was no smoke screen. There was no ingenious plan by Cuban lol. Although as much as they claim they "outsmarted" the knicks they still worked hard to get luka since its evident smith is just really a scorer so they needed someone who can run the point
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/4/2018  12:16 PM
Welpee wrote:
martin wrote:
If we think Kanter is bad defensively, how bad is DSJ?

Yup and half our fans would still trade Frank for him. Who cares if he loses games? He has borderline all star potential!

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/4/2018  6:20 PM
Game Thread: To "Mav or Mav Not...." that is the question.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy